US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

michellej78
7/28/16

I've order from them twice and there has been a problem with my orders BOTH times. While I don't mind the long wait if I'm getting a good deal, it's the inaccuracy in their listings that I don't like. The sizing is wrong. I need a size 17 or 18 bridge, but each time I've order from them, purchasing glasses that stated a 17mm bridge, I receive the glasses and discover the bridge is 16mm. When I contact them about this (via email), I'm told that it's not a big enough difference for it to matter. When glasses won't fit properly and aren't sitting on your nose, it's a very big deal. Because they were cute, I kept them and steamed them and made it work.

The second order...well...I wish I would have kept my 109 dollars. One pair is very thin and flimsy and feels like a pair of readers from Dollar Tree and there's something wrong with the prescription in the right eye! The second pair are beautiful. The frame is beautiful, the prescription is excellent, and everything about them is perfect....except the size. The bridge is 16mm instead of 17, and the eye is 53.5 instead of 55mm. Needless to say, the glasses are too small. Unfortunately, there's no way to make these work. I'd need to lose about 5 to 6 pounds (which wouldn't be a bad thing) of head fat to make them work. I will not order from them again.

smailr
7/25/16

I like my beautiful glasses that were sent to me from GlassesShop.com. The glasses are combined with metallic look and silicone comfort. Love the semi-rimless eyeglasses with smooth brow-line design.

beehlerc
7/19/16

I love the feminist shape and color. Trendy rectangle frames show good taste of fashion, purple color is elegant.

nickl62
7/10/16

had a fantastic service, prompt delivery and nice glasses, but unfortunately poor quality - one pair literally fell apart after 94 days..... poor customer service too

kolarc
6/29/16

They are so light weight and very comfortable. Not to mention they are very stylish. I really like the colour, the pattern and the shape.Love those cat eye styles.

shomonk
6/6/16

I have been buying Glasses from them for years. Lately I ordered and found not good. Their price isn't that great anymore even after coupon. Customer service is only Live chat with one person named lynda. Calling them didn't work. Tried to Cancelled one pair because of the size. They will give you half of the refund chagrining restocking fee. There shipping is bad waited over one month. I would never buy from them again.The quality isn't' Bad. I have found better options elsewhere.

mortonr15
4/25/16

I was all set to join the crowd and give then a 1 star rating. It took a month and 3 days to get the glasses, but the prescription was right on the money. Yes, their customer service stinks at best. When the prescription is wrong, you need to take them back to your eye doctor and get a note that the prescription is wrong and then they give you back your money. On the 7 pairs that I have bought for myself and my wife over the past year, only 1 out of the 7 had the wrong rx. I eventually got my money back. They only give you a 1 month guarantee and after that, don't expect to get any satisfaction. I broke a frame just by cleaning the lenses and they were less than 5 months old. Their anti-scratch protection is not worth a cent, as the lenses scratch easily. So don't spring for that extra $14.95.
On the plus side their lenses and frames are cheap and they have a great selection. But as the adage says "You get what you pay for", so don't expect quality. I probably will not be doing business with them again. And neither should you!

iank16
4/21/16

AVOID, terrible experience with this company. They charged me more than the total. Then argued with me about it. BAD customer service. You GET what you pay for. Not worth saving a few dollars.

jacquelinew23
4/14/16

Ordered large aviator glasses and received small! Not suitable at all. Also showed a ray ban logo on the glasses on website but when they came no logo. Could have bought the same from a popular High street store for £2 in the correct size and saved myself £28 (including postage)

jamiew37
3/28/16

EDIT--DOWN TO 3 STARS: I posted on glassesshop's website to review these glasses, and gave them 4 stars with a very brief rundown of the experience below. Checked the site a few days later, and glassesshop switched it to 5 stars and edited out some of the customer service critique. Lying about or modifying customer reviews is no bueno in my book, and there are plenty of other honest sites to order from out there.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ordered from the "first pair free" deal on 3/12/16. I ordered from 2 online glasses stores for the first time ever within a couple days of each other. The other place, I ended up placing an order, receiving the order, then placing a second order after liking my glasses, and receiving order #2 in the mail in the same amount of time it took glassesshop to send me 1 order of no-frills, single vision glasses.

I had contacted customer service on 3/22 to check the status, as online it showed my order status had been "sent to sorting facility" (in MI) for the past 5 days. I was told on 3/22 the glasses would arrive in Michigan in 2-3 days, and then would be shipped to me. On 3/28, my online order showed my pair still en route to MI, and no sign of it shipping to me. Today (3/28, 16 days after placing the order), I checked my mail and my glassesshop order was in there, and probably had been there for a couple days. It had actually been shipped from MI on 3/21, but nothing in their system had been updated to reflect this, and customer service didn't seem to have any idea. While customer service was friendly, the process was disorganized and they did not seem to know the true status of my order.

The glasses:
The glasses are actually incredible. They are higher quality than the other site I ordered from (and had been pleased with.) The lenses are clear, there is no eye strain whatsoever, the frames are durable, and look better than pictured online. There is a BOGO sale that ends today. Truthfully, if they had arrived here sooner, I would have put my second order in with glassesshop instead of the other company, even though glassesshop is a few bucks more, even with the BOGO. At this point, I don't need any more pairs. In the future, I would order again, as long as I did not mind being "in limbo" with the order status and there was another BOGO sale.

The glasses themselves, I would give 5+ stars. It's the lack of correct order status, customer service not knowing my true order status, and the (relatively) longer shipping time that knocks my overall rating to a 4. The fact that they were free and I only had to pay $9.90 for handling/shipping makes it a sweeter deal, and a great way to hook in new customers like myself. I'd say it's worth giving it a try, especially if you can take advantage of the first pair being free to test it out.

Tip for consumers: Definitely try the first pair free deal (limited selection.) If you don't find any there that you like, you can also use this coupon code at checkout for 50% off any frames. Basic lenses are free.

50% off frames coupon code: INVOUWCD9X2JL

ashleyr63
2/23/16

I ordered 2 pair of glasses and only 1 was shipped to me and they have me running around asking the post office if the item was shipped!!! They were never sent to me!!! Such a hassle. I will never order from them again and will warn anyone that wants to order from them!!!

kelleyg14
2/15/16

This is my second time buying progressive lens from GlassesShop.com. I am very impressed of their products and service. The glasses are far beyond my expectation because they look much better than the pictures show. The prescription is perfectly right and comfortable to wear.

Once I was unintentionally placed another pair which was exactly the same as the first pair, and I realized it the other days. I immediately contact their customer service trying to cancel either of them, and they finally managed to solve my issue. They are a great site and I will definitely come back again later.

robyno2
1/8/16

I ordered my glasses, online and when I went to go see the process, I noticed my order had been removed and my order number "no longer exists" so I called in to see what the problem was, as my money was never returned - no contact had been made in any way. The rep I had first off said that the order wasnt posted to my account cause it was just made yesterday, then came back and said it was because I needed to update my -- her cellphone started going on in the background "hold on" before i could say okay - she put me on hold for a minute or two -- when she came back "you need to update your PD" no hello, thanks for holding... I update my PD and she assures me this up post my order. My order still hasnt posted and my order number still doesnt exist anymore... I am currently waiting to hear back from customer service.

amidt
1/8/16

I ordered a pair of cat eye glasses. It was easy. I just needed to fill in my prescription and pupil measurement. My order took a few weeks to arrive at such an amazing price I was willing to wait. I loved my first pair of glasses so much that I purchased a second pair.

anthonye23
12/22/15

I broke my glasses and needed a new pair. I've used Coastal.com for glasses before but wanted to see what else was out there. I ordered 2 pairs, one from Glassesshop.com & one from Zennioptical.com. Both orders were placed on the same day with expedited shipping. Zennioptical arrived a few days later and I was happy with my glasses. I emailed glasseshop after 2 days to ask about my order. I got a reply that my order was being shipped a day later. When I received my glasses they weren't the thin lenses I had ordered. When I emailed them, they said they take the glasses back for a 50% refund. That really upset me. I felt that my order wasn't a priority until I emailed them, so my order specifics most likely got overlooked as they tried to rush it. They had some frames I liked, but I'm not going to buy from them again. Customer service was terrible and their turnaround (with expedited shipping) was subpar. There are other places to order glasses and I suggest you do yourself a favor and order from somewhere else.

helenah4
11/30/15

“In what I can only describe as a truly horrible experience with GlassesShop, I will begin by saying I will never place an order with this company again. In the past, as a repeat customer, I have received my glasses within two weeks of the order date. If you have any concerns, it is best to call them between the hours of 9:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. and most likely you will reach a customer service representative by the name of TASHA who claims to be responsible for all outgoing orders. During our initial phone conversation, TASHA indicated that she is responsible for over 1800 outgoing orders daily. She claims responsibility for all shipping labels printed on orders. When my order was placed on the 16th of November, I received an email shortly thereafter that my order was being processed. Fast forward to November 30th and I still have not received my glasses. I called the toll free number and at that time TASHA explains that although she is responsible for all outgoing orders, she is not to blame for my apartment number being left off my order. All of my contact information is in my account with this company and has been for my previous two orders. TASHA then explains that my missing glasses are on their way back to the company and I will most likely have to pay to have them reshipped back to me. As a customer, I wasnt happy to hear this at all. To make matters worse, my call was forwarded to a call center supervisor named BRIDGET, who was even nastier and more "hands-off" and quite irritable an made me feel like I had no reason to ask where my glasses were and couldnt understand or care less about why I would have a problem with repaying shipping fees to have my order properly shipped back to me. BRIDGET blamed the entire mistake on USPS.
When I called the postal service, it was explained to me that the mistake was most likely made by the company and had a screenshot of my actual package that had no apartment number on it. So, when I call GlassesShop again, TASHA answers the phone and her behavior, demeanor and professionalism wasnt anything any customer should have to go through. It was one of the worst customer service experiences Ive ever encountered. I did manage to tell her that I wasnt going to pay AGAIN to have my glasses shipped to me, and when I insisted on speaking to BRIDGET again, I was told she was in a meeting, to which I responded "I will hold". At the time of this posting, I am still on hold for BRIDGET and have been for the past 45 minutes. Who knows if I will ever get my order. After this, I will never place an order with this company again and encourage others not to as well.”

nyleaj
11/20/15

I ordered my glasses from them 11/02/15 they got back to me saying something is wrong with my prescription. I had to send them a picture of it and I thought everything would be handled and it would be sent out. But no then I had to wait and received a call from them ok that's was done. 11/15/15 I still had no glasses or a tracking number nothing. So I sent them a very kind email asking when I would receive a tracking. She sent an email back on 11/16/15 saying that they had been shipped out that day and to wait 1-2 business days for the tracking number. It is now 11/20/15 and I still haven't received a tracking order so I go on the site to see if I could get it from there and there it was. I clicked and tracked it and everything she told me about it being shipped was a lie. It didn't get shipped out until yesterday 11/19/15. No one knows how mad I was it just didn't make any sense for a company to lie about the shipping date. Never ordering from here again.

katien10
10/26/15

I ordered a pair of glasses using the perscription I received from my eye doctor (which hasn't changed in over 10 years). When my glasses arrived one lens was accurate the other was off slightly on the perimeter causing blurriness when I scanned the room or walked. I let them know immediately. They asked that I send them a copy of the perscription and I did. They agreed it was entered correctly but in order to get a refund I had to go to my eye doctor to test the glasses and prove one lens was wrong. If I was going to have to go to my eye doctor for glasses I would have bought them at his glasses shop. I was skeptical about ordering perscription glasses online and unfortunately they met that skepticism with poor service. At the end on the day, I will be ordering a pair of glasses through a local place and I doubt I will ever see the money I spent at this place. Shame on me for not reading more reviews before ordering.

mylesl13
10/17/15

Received my glasses today. They look great and fit perfectly but they aren't computer glasses I ordered. They are distance glasses. Too bad too because I wanted to get some progressives next but won't do it now. I'm done with these folks if they can't get my first order correct.

bryand34
10/7/15

I ordered on September 3rd it is now October 7 and still no glasses. On September 17th I paid an extra 11.00 to expedite the shipping and still no glasses this company is a joke and I am not laughing. Don't waste your time and money.

rosen107
10/1/15

I ordered (and was charged immediately) this at the beginning of the month. Never got a tracking or shipping email. After 2 weeks of waiting, I decided to send them an email. They replied saying it was just shipped from their Jersey office, and gave me a tracking number. Took a week to have a real confirmation/working tracking number. It was disappointing because I thought it would come in before my boyfriend left to Africa for work. But it didn't. Anyways it finally arrived in 4 weeks. So if you are willing to wait 4 weeks to get a pair of cheap, made in China glasses, this is the place for you. Otherwise, Stay away from this fraudulent site.

normah9
9/25/15

This company has been the worst service I have ever ordered from. It has been over 2 weeks and my order has not been shipped. When I call customer the best answer they can give is that they are waiting for my glasses to arrive to their office, then be shipped to me. It sounds as if I am calling someone's home. The manager was completely apathetic. I was told to cancel an order that had not been shipped to me would charge at % restocking fee..for an item that has been been completed or shipped. The dates on when I should expect my glasses continues to move further -out by business days each time I call. The absolute worst company to buy from

loish10
9/4/15

I love your glasses, I was disappointed when one of my pairs broke, because I loved them

carlosp23
8/28/15

I placed my order on 8/13/15. Today is the 8/28/15, I was just informed by email that my glasses did not pass quality inspection. I was informed after 2 emails. Up to this point no one could contact me and let me know. Never again will I use there poor services.

gv23
8/13/15

It's the fourth time i bought glasses and it's still a pleasure. Very fast and high quality glasses. Thanks.

3 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the GlassesShop staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question