US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

doviek1
12/8/16

So stylish! Also came in great packaging! Nice glasses. I really really like them.

laurag119
12/6/16

They are the worst customer service company I have ever dealt with in my entire life. Not professional in any shape or form! I called because my order was incorrect. I have been emailing them and never got an email back. So by the time I finally got someone who answered on the phone, the woman was not friendly or professional at all. She was yawning while on the phone with me and cut me off during our conversation. When I asked her if I can speak to someone who can help me, she rudely put me on hold without acknowledging what I asked. The "Manager" was a ***** I kid you not, has no experience in customer service clearly! Was talking over me, ignoring what I was saying and her responses were "I don't care" was so disrespectful. All while, the woman in the background who I first spoke to was laughing. Are they working out of their garage?! Do NOT buy or support their company. They do not treat their customers just or right and come off as if they did us a favor. I haven't even received my glasses yet and already dealing with this headache. I will make sure they get reviewed for the business they're running..this is not the end of it.

chazh
12/6/16

I have purchased twice from the site. Both orders came in made incorrectly. I kept the first pair, but wanted to return the second pair. The Manager, who doesn't care about customers (she's a $#*!) said if I did it would be a 50% restocking. BEWARE if the glasses are made incorrectly, you still pay for them or return them and pay 50%. There are better site online, go there!

Tip for consumers: Try another site. This site is low quality.

gatherh
12/2/16

I like the design. These are so cute and I knock off from the really expensive glasses like this. I like them because they are so stylish. The thing I don't like about them is that the lenses sit so close to your eyes also so you have to keep cleaning them because the eyelashes will get them dirty.

granatan
12/2/16

rougeauxh
11/24/16

Im satisfied with the prompt delivery and good quality of the glasses.
So fast delivery to my home, very happy with the photochromic lenses and shipping.

als88
11/20/16

They make it seem like they are straight out of the UnitedStates but they make the glasses and ship them to the customer from China? (Not that that's the issue....the issue is honesty) They immediately sent me a.confermation on my PD.(which was good) But the time frame in delivery is what seems like forever... If u need a pair of replacement glasses immediately.. DO NOT GET THEM HERE!!!! I havnt received my order yet..its been about three weeks so far. The tracking code claims they left China and are in route to Destination Country..lol So at the moment I can't comment on the quality of the frame and prescription

katep34
11/18/16

My glasses took forever to come and when they finally arrived they were the wrong prescription. I doubled checked with my doctor that I had the correct prescription written down and I double check my order and all was right on my end. I tried customer service and it took two weeks to get a hold of them, no one was returning my messages . I finally get ahold of them and they said "they only are there Monday- Friday 930-530 and there are two lines so they can't possible get to everyone" they were extremely rude and defensive from the start - I'm assuming Bc they get complaints a lot. Even though I doubled checked everything on my end they said they only go off of what they see on the screen so it's my fault and I have to order a new pair . I then asked for a refund but they don't give refunds. I asked if there was anything they could do to help me since obviously there was a mistake somewher and most companies are willing to help and she rudely yelled back at me " are you trying to tell me how to do my job" it was a woman name sandy who worked there and a manager named Bridget who were equally as rude as the other . They also hung up on me several times blaming the connection. Put me on hold many times , and one of the times started talking before they hit the hold button and I heard them talking about me. Extremely unprofessionally worst company I have ever worked with and now I am stuck with glasses I can't wear. Waste of money

kendigh
11/16/16

Exactly what I wanted! I have bought from the local glasses store before and have been disappointed, particularly with the quality of the anti-glare coating. These glasses, however, are perfect. Will only be buying from GlassesShop.com in the future.

nattwinr
10/26/16

THEY SAY THEY ARE AN AMERICAN COMPANY BUT THE GLASSES CAME FROM CHINA.
THEY SAY THEY HAVE A NO QUESTIONS ASKED REFUND POLICY BUT THEY DON'T REFUND YOU - THERE IS A "HANDLING FEE" OF 50%
CUSTOMER SERVICE IS HORRIBLE
AVOID THEM AT ALL COSTS

skillernl
10/15/16

seem to be light enough weight, comparable to the lenses I bought from my doc's office. Although I'm not a professional lens analyst, I feel its fairly comfortable. Prescription seems accurate to me.

ozelll
10/8/16

I have to say that the service was really good and friendly, they even noticed a mistake I had made in my prescription. My glasses arrived fairly quickly. The glasses themselves look really nice, they don't look cheap and feel sturdy. I like them much more than the pair from a certain brand that I bought on the high street here in the USA.

cn47
9/26/16

I RECENTLY ORDERED FROM GLASSES.COM PAID FOR OVERNIGHT SHIPPING. JUST TO GET THE WRONG GLASSES AND FOUND THIS OUT BECAUSE THE WOMAN WHO GOT MY GLASSES WAS GIVEN MY NAME ADDRESS AND PHONE NUMBER BY GLASSES.COM TO SEND ME THE GLASSES THAT AS SHE STATED SHE HAD WORN. WHEN I CALLED GLASSES.COM TO SPEAK WITH A MANAGER...SHE WAS LESS THAN HELPFUL AND ALL THEY WOULD SAY IS THEY ARE SORRY. PROBLEM IS THEIR PRIVACY POLICY CLEARLY STATES THEY DO NOT SHARE YOUR INFORMATION. SO BEWARE OF THEM. NOT ONLY DO THEY NOT GIVE YOU THE RIGHT PRESCRIPTION BUT THEY WILL ALSO HAND OUT YOUR INFORMATION TO COMPLETE STRANGERS!!!

herbertt7
9/18/16

Delivery didn't take as long as I had expected and when my glasses arrived my first impression was that they were definitely stronger that my current pair. They also looked like they did online because as you may well know sometimes you can be left a little disappointed when your order arrives and it looks nothing like the picture you saw online. So it's safe to say choosing a pair of glasses online from GlassesShop won't leave you with regret.

michellej78
7/28/16

I've order from them twice and there has been a problem with my orders BOTH times. While I don't mind the long wait if I'm getting a good deal, it's the inaccuracy in their listings that I don't like. The sizing is wrong. I need a size 17 or 18 bridge, but each time I've order from them, purchasing glasses that stated a 17mm bridge, I receive the glasses and discover the bridge is 16mm. When I contact them about this (via email), I'm told that it's not a big enough difference for it to matter. When glasses won't fit properly and aren't sitting on your nose, it's a very big deal. Because they were cute, I kept them and steamed them and made it work.

The second order...well...I wish I would have kept my 109 dollars. One pair is very thin and flimsy and feels like a pair of readers from Dollar Tree and there's something wrong with the prescription in the right eye! The second pair are beautiful. The frame is beautiful, the prescription is excellent, and everything about them is perfect....except the size. The bridge is 16mm instead of 17, and the eye is 53.5 instead of 55mm. Needless to say, the glasses are too small. Unfortunately, there's no way to make these work. I'd need to lose about 5 to 6 pounds (which wouldn't be a bad thing) of head fat to make them work. I will not order from them again.

smailr
7/25/16

I like my beautiful glasses that were sent to me from GlassesShop.com. The glasses are combined with metallic look and silicone comfort. Love the semi-rimless eyeglasses with smooth brow-line design.

beehlerc
7/19/16

I love the feminist shape and color. Trendy rectangle frames show good taste of fashion, purple color is elegant.

nickl62
7/10/16

had a fantastic service, prompt delivery and nice glasses, but unfortunately poor quality - one pair literally fell apart after 94 days..... poor customer service too

kolarc
6/29/16

They are so light weight and very comfortable. Not to mention they are very stylish. I really like the colour, the pattern and the shape.Love those cat eye styles.

shomonk
6/6/16

I have been buying Glasses from them for years. Lately I ordered and found not good. Their price isn't that great anymore even after coupon. Customer service is only Live chat with one person named lynda. Calling them didn't work. Tried to Cancelled one pair because of the size. They will give you half of the refund chagrining restocking fee. There shipping is bad waited over one month. I would never buy from them again.The quality isn't' Bad. I have found better options elsewhere.

mortonr15
4/25/16

I was all set to join the crowd and give then a 1 star rating. It took a month and 3 days to get the glasses, but the prescription was right on the money. Yes, their customer service stinks at best. When the prescription is wrong, you need to take them back to your eye doctor and get a note that the prescription is wrong and then they give you back your money. On the 7 pairs that I have bought for myself and my wife over the past year, only 1 out of the 7 had the wrong rx. I eventually got my money back. They only give you a 1 month guarantee and after that, don't expect to get any satisfaction. I broke a frame just by cleaning the lenses and they were less than 5 months old. Their anti-scratch protection is not worth a cent, as the lenses scratch easily. So don't spring for that extra $14.95.
On the plus side their lenses and frames are cheap and they have a great selection. But as the adage says "You get what you pay for", so don't expect quality. I probably will not be doing business with them again. And neither should you!

iank16
4/21/16

AVOID, terrible experience with this company. They charged me more than the total. Then argued with me about it. BAD customer service. You GET what you pay for. Not worth saving a few dollars.

jacquelinew23
4/14/16

Ordered large aviator glasses and received small! Not suitable at all. Also showed a ray ban logo on the glasses on website but when they came no logo. Could have bought the same from a popular High street store for £2 in the correct size and saved myself £28 (including postage)

jamiew37
3/28/16

EDIT--DOWN TO 3 STARS: I posted on glassesshop's website to review these glasses, and gave them 4 stars with a very brief rundown of the experience below. Checked the site a few days later, and glassesshop switched it to 5 stars and edited out some of the customer service critique. Lying about or modifying customer reviews is no bueno in my book, and there are plenty of other honest sites to order from out there.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ordered from the "first pair free" deal on 3/12/16. I ordered from 2 online glasses stores for the first time ever within a couple days of each other. The other place, I ended up placing an order, receiving the order, then placing a second order after liking my glasses, and receiving order #2 in the mail in the same amount of time it took glassesshop to send me 1 order of no-frills, single vision glasses.

I had contacted customer service on 3/22 to check the status, as online it showed my order status had been "sent to sorting facility" (in MI) for the past 5 days. I was told on 3/22 the glasses would arrive in Michigan in 2-3 days, and then would be shipped to me. On 3/28, my online order showed my pair still en route to MI, and no sign of it shipping to me. Today (3/28, 16 days after placing the order), I checked my mail and my glassesshop order was in there, and probably had been there for a couple days. It had actually been shipped from MI on 3/21, but nothing in their system had been updated to reflect this, and customer service didn't seem to have any idea. While customer service was friendly, the process was disorganized and they did not seem to know the true status of my order.

The glasses:
The glasses are actually incredible. They are higher quality than the other site I ordered from (and had been pleased with.) The lenses are clear, there is no eye strain whatsoever, the frames are durable, and look better than pictured online. There is a BOGO sale that ends today. Truthfully, if they had arrived here sooner, I would have put my second order in with glassesshop instead of the other company, even though glassesshop is a few bucks more, even with the BOGO. At this point, I don't need any more pairs. In the future, I would order again, as long as I did not mind being "in limbo" with the order status and there was another BOGO sale.

The glasses themselves, I would give 5+ stars. It's the lack of correct order status, customer service not knowing my true order status, and the (relatively) longer shipping time that knocks my overall rating to a 4. The fact that they were free and I only had to pay $9.90 for handling/shipping makes it a sweeter deal, and a great way to hook in new customers like myself. I'd say it's worth giving it a try, especially if you can take advantage of the first pair being free to test it out.

Tip for consumers: Definitely try the first pair free deal (limited selection.) If you don't find any there that you like, you can also use this coupon code at checkout for 50% off any frames. Basic lenses are free. 50% off frames coupon code: INVOUWCD9X2JL

ashleyr63
2/23/16

I ordered 2 pair of glasses and only 1 was shipped to me and they have me running around asking the post office if the item was shipped!!! They were never sent to me!!! Such a hassle. I will never order from them again and will warn anyone that wants to order from them!!!

3 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the GlassesShop staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question