Review of FabKids

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

jg110
3/22/17

recurring charge of 29.95 or more unless you cancel between the first and fifth of the month EVERY MONTH

robing58
3/8/17

FABKIDS took 39.90 from my debit card and did not give me my money back don't order from them or they will take money from your card out of the blu

rebeccad60
3/7/17

I've cancelled my membership TWICE today. Turns out i had credit. To use the credit, i placed an order, and in doing so, I was forced to sign up for another recurring charge, what they call VIP membership. I lost "VIP" points, and frankly, was not offered to use the points at checkout. The quality is POOR, and the items are OVERPRICED. It is a total rip off. DO NOT SIGN UP OR ORDER FROM FAB KIDS. EVER!

laurav36
3/5/17

I liked Fabkids up until now. I ordered two pairs of shoes for my two daughters last month. I noticed I had enough points to redeem for two pairs of leggings. I was excited that I earned enough points to get BOTH of my daughters something. So I went to check out and I had 2 pairs of shoes and 2 pairs of leggings I was going to redeem in my cart. When I confirmed my purchase the order didn't show the leggings. Not a huge deal. I didn't want to pay shipping twice so I figured I will just order next month. Well, today is next month and I go to redeem my points and over 5,000 of them had expired! Hmmm, sounds like a coincidence. I had no heads up to them expiring. I talked to representative and they offered to give me 1,000 points.. I have spent 100's of dollars and I was concidered a, 'gold member'.. Also, one of the pairs of shoes I received were the wrong ones and a representative said in order to exchange I had to spend $ 29...when the shoes were only $16.99. This company is $#*!ty. Thought I had a good thing going but their, 'computer glitch' and customer service drove me to end my membership.

Don't bother with this company. It was always such a hassle to remember to skip the month if you didn't want to order that month. They prey on people forgetting to skip the month so they can charge you $29. Bull$#*!.

benh99
3/1/17

I, like many other people was signed up for the monthly VIP membership without my knowledge. Many people said it took an hour on the phone to get a refund and have their membership cancelled. I took me less than 5 minutes because as soon as I mentioned a possible class action lawsuit the rep was very helpful in cancelling my membership and providing a refund. Beside the VIP membership issue I was happy with them. I got some decent shoes, boots and clothes for my daughter at reasonable prices. I'm no expert on quality but they seemed similar in quality to clothes we got her from Old Navy, JC Penney, or other similar stores.

aariyela
1/16/17

I would like to cancel my membership AS SOON AS POSSIBLE !! I don't use it period, and I am getting charged. its take money out of my account that I don't have !! fix it please and just cancel my membership..

suzeel
1/12/17

If you want to cancel your membership, reading my live chat to request to cancel is what you will experience. They are relentless. And it took this Mia 20 minutes to reply to the livechat. Be firm. Do it on live chat if you're timid.. it's easier to stand firm and ignore their plea for you to continue staying with them. She ended up canceling finally and I will see when or if I get charged again!

System
8:33 AM
Firstname: Suzee Lastname: Mellott IP Address: 24.2.19.88 Email: suzee@specializedhc.com Shipping: 2239 NW 82nd st Kansas City MO 64151 Chat Reason: I would like to cancel my membership Contact ID: 10437927547 -------------------------
8:34 AM
I would like to cancel my subscription please
8:34 AM
hello?
8:39 AM
I WOULD LIKE TO CANCEL MY MEMBERSHIP. ANSWERING ME WOULD BE POLITE AND PROPER CUSTOMER SERVICE.
8:39 AM
WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE
8:40 AM
Hi Suzee!
8:40 AM
Thank you for contacting Fabkids.
My name is Mia. I will be your fashion consultant for today.
8:41 AM
Great I want my membership canceled. thanks
8:41 AM
We apologize for the inconvenience that this might have caused you. As we are having some slight technical difficulties.
8:41 AM
Were sorry to hear that you wish to cancel your VIP membership.
8:41 AM
I can certainly take care of that for you.
rgeat
great
8:41 AM
May I ask why youre canceling today?
8:42 AM
Because I don't use it and the clothing quality is poor
8:42 AM
We strive to deliver the highest quality products at a value our members love. If for any reason youre not completely satisfied with your purchase, wed be happy to send you a replacement, or you can exchange it for another style.
8:42 AM
We can exchange merchandise up to 30 days from date of shipment for items that are in new, unused condition and have all of the original packaging intact.
8:42 AM
Merchandise can also be returned for store credit up to 30 days from shipment at no cost to you.
I just want to cancel
8:43 AM
Why not give your account a chance and utilize your remaining credits?
8:43 AM
Should you wish to have your VIP Membership a chance, we would glad to offer you a $5 credit that you that you may use on your future purchase.
PLEASE just cancel my membership Like I am requesting
8:43 AM
I do not want it any more and do not want to be charged
8:44 AM
hello?

Tip for consumers: Target has better clothes- cat and jack brand is awesome and holds up WAY better than their clothes! Trust me!

brendak48
1/9/17

Ordered a bunch of clearance stuff and for the prices it wasn't too bad of quality. I typically remembered to go in and skip each month. I forgot after the chaos of Xmas and of course get a $30 charge.....on a bank account that had 0 funds in it....so not only is it now negative, I get an overdraft fee. How can they charge with no money available?? I had to fight to get the 30 refunded but will take up to a week to receive....we'll see if I even get it back.

kelleyg21
1/7/17

I ordered 2 pair of boots for my daughter for Christmas the total was 29$ the continued to bill me the 29$ monthly for a membership I never agreed to! When I got on the phone it took forever to get a representative on the phone and when I finally did they tried every trick in the book to stop me from quitting but I finally got refunded.

nicolew97
12/14/16

It's not worth the headache to join any of the Just Fab memberships. I have Fab Kids and Just Fab and have had nothing but issues. I initially signed up for a good deal, but it was not at all worth it.

There has been several times where I skipped the month -and I always double check it went through - but I still got charged the monthly fee. And getting that refunded is very difficult. They make it so difficult that you will likely give up, because you'll need to spend hours on the phone arguing. They will tell you that you made a mistake. I had to go as far as canceling my debit card and getting a new one.

Aside from that the quality is poor. I bought my daughter boots and within two days the sole entirely fell off! I emailed customer service and they said I can return it but a return for a refund will cost you $15. Again, they make it difficult and not worth the hassle. I've had another pair of kids shoes break after one week, another that was sized incorrectly, a pair of boots for myself that were Walmart quality in looks, and a shirt just as poorly made.

There are countless people like me who were wrongly charged even AFTER canceling their membership. I don't know how they get away with it but this is one of the worst, most dishonest companies I have ever dealt with in my entire life.

tammys87
12/6/16

I order an outfit and never got it checked the site and they said the order was canceled but if that's so where is my refund and who cancelled the order because it wasn't me. Still waiting on my money please don't order from them

vickeye
11/1/16

ordered kids clothing, received the order and was billed monthly (29.95) for a membership that I didn't authorize. It took hours on the phone through their automated phone system before I could talk to a person. The representative left me on hold for an additional 20 minutes and refused to give me their physical address so I could report them to the Better Business Bureau. Stand firm and demand a refund. Stay away, it's a scam.

stacyr40
9/28/16

I purchased a few outfits and some shoes knowing this would enter me into "the VIP club"
I liked a couple of the outfits, but a few things didn't fit. No problem, they advertise free returns. Only it can't be done online. You have to call. And it's a long and painful phone call (mine was almost 30 min!) And if you don't take store credit, they charge you $5.95 restocking fee!

jaymer4
9/13/16

They stole $120 from my bank account and refuse to out the money all back in. Only gave me a partial refund when I've never even ordered from them but one time. They will hold your account info and take money whenever they please! Then you call and a rude Indian lady you can barely understands just gets hateful and repeats herself constantly.

sabrinam37
8/30/16

Avoid!!! It took days of numerous phone calls and an email to my bank to cancel. After 11 months, I got another monthly charge out of the blue. Did this company think I wouldn't notice or would suddenly decide that I really do want to buy poor quality clothing? Never give them your debit information - you will regret it.

aditil
7/31/16

Absolutely horrible experience. They hide the skip a month button and make it terribly inconvenient to cancel. It's not worth it. I have sent countless emails asking to cancel and have received no reply. It's just plain bad business. Will be posting this review on many sites.

nataliem50
7/22/16

I called to cancel & spoke to a lady for 35 minutes who had obviously been coached in the art of deflection. Every time I said, "I want to cancel my subscription," she responded with, "I can absolutely do that" but ever did. I THOUGHT she understood. As we disconnected she even said, "Is there anything else I can help you with?" I said, "No. My only goal was to cancel this whole thing." Three months later (Why 3 months? I believe they thought it might go unnoticed by me if they waited a few months) they began charging me again! I've attempted to cancel multiple times. I guess I need a lawyer.

snoviaw
6/14/16

I got to pair of shoes for my daughter for roughly 10 bucks. She is a typical kid (in the summer) she hasn't even have them barely two months and they look like she has had them at least two years (falling apart one sandle the zipper broke and the bottom was coming apart, the other pair of shoes the "glitter" was coming off and the bottom of the shoe folded in half leaving no bottom)

miyaneh
6/10/16

Plz don't buy from them u skip a month they still charge u then the shoe's are horrible they don't even fit the customer service is horrible half of there English is horrible stay away from this site

desireej3
6/8/16

I have a membership through Fabletics. I never agreed to a membership and fees through fabkids. I got an email for a discount through fabkids that I assumed was just a perk for being a VIP member of Fabletics. (That's where I went wrong) I purchased an outfit and searched to see if there was monthly fees as Fabletics does and found nothing. Low and behold it's the 8th of the month and I get charged 29.95 on my cc. I never received an email to choose my Picks or skip this month as I do with Fabletics so I don't get charged a monthly fee. I went to fabkids again and found in tiny print the terms of service where I read that if you go to their site and purchase anything you are automatically agreeing to their VIP membership terms. WHAT A JOKE. I got scammed. They got their $30 from me. I'm glad I read these post before I called their services to cancel because the guy on the phone tried to convince me through discounts and credits to stay a member and luckily I read a comment on here that someone agreed to these and continued to get charged unknowingly even with skipping their month. Not a good company .. Making all their money off scamming unknowing buyers. At least with
Fabletics they were VERY VERY CLEAR OF THEIR TERMS. And it was CLEAR that I would be charged 49.95
If I didn't skip the month. Unlike fabkids where I had no clue their was any membership at all or fees...

janetc62
5/31/16

Be very careful that you don't unknowingly receive VIP membership. You will be charged $29.95 each month without purchasing anything. You need to review your statements diligently so you do not become a victim of this scam

saral54
5/18/16

Do not try to purchase their clothes. They trick you and force you to buy more every month. Horrible. Buyer beware!!!

kimmyk3
5/7/16

i need to cancel my account but can never get these customer service reps.. i'm living in Jamaica so i guess that's why every time i call i get nothing but busy signals smh... i don't have time to be checking account to skip month!!! you people need to change that for both fabkids and justfab and even shoedazzle, it's disgusting!

kristinj4
4/13/16

I have been using this site for 2 yrs and love it. My daughter loves it as well. The clothes are of great quality and great price.
Anyone who gives this company a bad review clearly does not understand online shopping or didn't read the terms before agreeing to be a member.

gloriam31
4/12/16

I purchased a couple of items from them in December for Christmas(the kids loved them). Never did I knew I was subscribed to their VIP mebership. I was charged 30 bucks in January. I was bummed but I figured might as well order something later on so I let that one go. On February I received the "skip the month" email and so I skipped that month. On March I didnt receive no email and was charged 30 bucks again. I called the customer service number and they were actually very nice and CONVENCING. The lady refund me the money but after 30 minutes on the phone, talked me into keeping the membership. Now it is April and I didnt get to skip and once again was charged. I was firm with them and told them I was not going to allow them to talk me into keeping the membership. I finally just cancelled the membership and the lady refunded this month and January as well! With all that said... I don't know where all the rude customer service people are comming from but I've only dealt with polite nice but very CONVENCING people when talking on the phone. Stand your ground they will refund.

12 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the FabKids staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question