Review of FabKids

Headquarters
San Francisco, CA, USA

allysont1
7/15/17

I have ordered ONCE from Fab Kids in 2013..YES 2013! Been CANCELLED since after that first order.Today July 12,2017 I get charged $29.95 to my debit card, which not only was NOT authorized, it put my account NEGATIVE, now im out $29.95 and $20.00 in bank overdraft fees! THIS IS RIDICUOUS! They should be shut down! Who does this stuff randomly AFTER 4 freaking years!! I tried calling 3 times today but sadly i was just kept on HOLD 3 times. So upset.

cathif
7/13/17

I ordered boots in Oct. 2016 for my granddaughter's birthday. I did not realize at the time that they would be taking from my card automatically every single month. My husband realized this in January of 2017. I called and spoke with Rosie, who informed me I would have credit for 2 months of the charges, but I would have to pay full retail prices instead of the Fabkid prices, but they would cancel my membership. Wasn't happy about that, but okay, whatever. I assumed it would then be taken care of. Since my husband handles all of the bills, I did not pay attention to the bank statements each month. That is until he told me we were charged again. I went back through our statements today. I have been charged every.single.month. since that phone call. Not a happy camper whatsoever!

jennifers394
6/30/17

I am so very upset with Fabkids right now. 1st off, I've been waiting to chat with someone for over 45 minutes. I have yet to be attended to. That's just terrible customer service! But that isn't the main reason I am writing. I'm writing because I have 2 Fabkids accounts that have been cancelled and I am just so ANGRY because I had member credits and now they are gone. I recently disputed charges against Fabkids with my bank (AMEX), because I had changed my CC info on the Fabkids site to charge my VISA, not my AMEX. But even after changing the information, I continued to have 2 months worth of monthly 'membership' charges, in the amount of $29.95 each, charged to my AMEX card. (4 charges in total, 2 per account) Like I said, I disputed the charges but AMEX found in THIER favor, not mine, and didn't refund the charges. I was irritated, but figured it was no big deal, because I knew I would get the outfit credits for each charge. Today, I tried to login to utilize said credits (plus others I had accumulated over the months- I had several left) and come to find out all of my accounts were cancelled. I am seriously upset at this point. It was bad enough that they continued to charge a card they weren't authorized to charge, it was bad enough that my dispute found in their favor even though it was obvious the wrong card was being charged, but it takes the cake to find out they have now cancelled my accounts (without even informing me) and done away with all my my saved up credits. My family and I don't have a lot of money and saving those credits was the only way I was able to afford to buy my kids clothes for Christmas! Something needs to be done to rectify this situation IMMEDIATELY. I want my credits back so I can buy the clothes I've ALREADY PAID FOR!! Please get back to me ASAP with a solution to the situation. And by the way, I still haven't been attended to in the chat window. It's been an hour by now. Don't offer the service if that's the best you can do.

marys509
6/17/17

I ordered an outfit and boots for my granddaughter. Didn't realize I was joining a scam.
The clothes were crap so thin and cheesy the boots made if cardboard.
They've been stealing $29.99 from me every month for 3 years. Because I'm stupid.
But tired smart if you don't ever buy anything from them

robing58
3/8/17

FABKIDS took 39.90 from my debit card and did not give me my money back don't order from them or they will take money from your card out of the blu

rebeccad60
3/7/17

I've cancelled my membership TWICE today. Turns out i had credit. To use the credit, i placed an order, and in doing so, I was forced to sign up for another recurring charge, what they call VIP membership. I lost "VIP" points, and frankly, was not offered to use the points at checkout. The quality is POOR, and the items are OVERPRICED. It is a total rip off. DO NOT SIGN UP OR ORDER FROM FAB KIDS. EVER!

laurav36
3/5/17

I liked Fabkids up until now. I ordered two pairs of shoes for my two daughters last month. I noticed I had enough points to redeem for two pairs of leggings. I was excited that I earned enough points to get BOTH of my daughters something. So I went to check out and I had 2 pairs of shoes and 2 pairs of leggings I was going to redeem in my cart. When I confirmed my purchase the order didn't show the leggings. Not a huge deal. I didn't want to pay shipping twice so I figured I will just order next month. Well, today is next month and I go to redeem my points and over 5,000 of them had expired! Hmmm, sounds like a coincidence. I had no heads up to them expiring. I talked to representative and they offered to give me 1,000 points.. I have spent 100's of dollars and I was concidered a, 'gold member'.. Also, one of the pairs of shoes I received were the wrong ones and a representative said in order to exchange I had to spend $ 29...when the shoes were only $16.99. This company is $#*!ty. Thought I had a good thing going but their, 'computer glitch' and customer service drove me to end my membership.

Don't bother with this company. It was always such a hassle to remember to skip the month if you didn't want to order that month. They prey on people forgetting to skip the month so they can charge you $29. Bull$#*!.

benh99
3/1/17

I, like many other people was signed up for the monthly VIP membership without my knowledge. Many people said it took an hour on the phone to get a refund and have their membership cancelled. I took me less than 5 minutes because as soon as I mentioned a possible class action lawsuit the rep was very helpful in cancelling my membership and providing a refund. Beside the VIP membership issue I was happy with them. I got some decent shoes, boots and clothes for my daughter at reasonable prices. I'm no expert on quality but they seemed similar in quality to clothes we got her from Old Navy, JC Penney, or other similar stores.

aariyela
1/16/17

I would like to cancel my membership AS SOON AS POSSIBLE !! I don't use it period, and I am getting charged. its take money out of my account that I don't have !! fix it please and just cancel my membership..

suzeel
1/12/17

If you want to cancel your membership, reading my live chat to request to cancel is what you will experience. They are relentless. And it took this Mia 20 minutes to reply to the livechat. Be firm. Do it on live chat if you're timid.. it's easier to stand firm and ignore their plea for you to continue staying with them. She ended up canceling finally and I will see when or if I get charged again!

System
8:33 AM
Firstname: Suzee Lastname: Mellott IP Address: 24.2.19.88 Email: suzee@specializedhc.com Shipping: 2239 NW 82nd st Kansas City MO 64151 Chat Reason: I would like to cancel my membership Contact ID: 10437927547 -------------------------
8:34 AM
I would like to cancel my subscription please
8:34 AM
hello?
8:39 AM
I WOULD LIKE TO CANCEL MY MEMBERSHIP. ANSWERING ME WOULD BE POLITE AND PROPER CUSTOMER SERVICE.
8:39 AM
WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE
8:40 AM
Hi Suzee!
8:40 AM
Thank you for contacting Fabkids.
My name is Mia. I will be your fashion consultant for today.
8:41 AM
Great I want my membership canceled. thanks
8:41 AM
We apologize for the inconvenience that this might have caused you. As we are having some slight technical difficulties.
8:41 AM
Were sorry to hear that you wish to cancel your VIP membership.
8:41 AM
I can certainly take care of that for you.
rgeat
great
8:41 AM
May I ask why youre canceling today?
8:42 AM
Because I don't use it and the clothing quality is poor
8:42 AM
We strive to deliver the highest quality products at a value our members love. If for any reason youre not completely satisfied with your purchase, wed be happy to send you a replacement, or you can exchange it for another style.
8:42 AM
We can exchange merchandise up to 30 days from date of shipment for items that are in new, unused condition and have all of the original packaging intact.
8:42 AM
Merchandise can also be returned for store credit up to 30 days from shipment at no cost to you.
I just want to cancel
8:43 AM
Why not give your account a chance and utilize your remaining credits?
8:43 AM
Should you wish to have your VIP Membership a chance, we would glad to offer you a $5 credit that you that you may use on your future purchase.
PLEASE just cancel my membership Like I am requesting
8:43 AM
I do not want it any more and do not want to be charged
8:44 AM
hello?

Tip for consumers: * has better clothes- * is awesome and holds up WAY better than their clothes! Trust me!

*Store and brand name have been redacted by admin

brendak48
1/9/17

Ordered a bunch of clearance stuff and for the prices it wasn't too bad of quality. I typically remembered to go in and skip each month. I forgot after the chaos of Xmas and of course get a $30 charge.....on a bank account that had 0 funds in it....so not only is it now negative, I get an overdraft fee. How can they charge with no money available?? I had to fight to get the 30 refunded but will take up to a week to receive....we'll see if I even get it back.

kelleyg21
1/7/17

I ordered 2 pair of boots for my daughter for Christmas the total was 29$ the continued to bill me the 29$ monthly for a membership I never agreed to! When I got on the phone it took forever to get a representative on the phone and when I finally did they tried every trick in the book to stop me from quitting but I finally got refunded.

nicolew97
12/14/16

It's not worth the headache to join any of the Just Fab memberships. I have Fab Kids and Just Fab and have had nothing but issues. I initially signed up for a good deal, but it was not at all worth it.

There has been several times where I skipped the month -and I always double check it went through - but I still got charged the monthly fee. And getting that refunded is very difficult. They make it so difficult that you will likely give up, because you'll need to spend hours on the phone arguing. They will tell you that you made a mistake. I had to go as far as canceling my debit card and getting a new one.

Aside from that the quality is poor. I bought my daughter boots and within two days the sole entirely fell off! I emailed customer service and they said I can return it but a return for a refund will cost you $15. Again, they make it difficult and not worth the hassle. I've had another pair of kids shoes break after one week, another that was sized incorrectly, a pair of boots for myself that were Walmart quality in looks, and a shirt just as poorly made.

There are countless people like me who were wrongly charged even AFTER canceling their membership. I don't know how they get away with it but this is one of the worst, most dishonest companies I have ever dealt with in my entire life.

tammys87
12/6/16

I order an outfit and never got it checked the site and they said the order was canceled but if that's so where is my refund and who cancelled the order because it wasn't me. Still waiting on my money please don't order from them

vickeye
11/1/16

ordered kids clothing, received the order and was billed monthly (29.95) for a membership that I didn't authorize. It took hours on the phone through their automated phone system before I could talk to a person. The representative left me on hold for an additional 20 minutes and refused to give me their physical address so I could report them to the Better Business Bureau. Stand firm and demand a refund. Stay away, it's a scam.

stacyr40
9/28/16

I purchased a few outfits and some shoes knowing this would enter me into "the VIP club"
I liked a couple of the outfits, but a few things didn't fit. No problem, they advertise free returns. Only it can't be done online. You have to call. And it's a long and painful phone call (mine was almost 30 min!) And if you don't take store credit, they charge you $5.95 restocking fee!

jaymer4
9/13/16

They stole $120 from my bank account and refuse to out the money all back in. Only gave me a partial refund when I've never even ordered from them but one time. They will hold your account info and take money whenever they please! Then you call and a rude Indian lady you can barely understands just gets hateful and repeats herself constantly.

sabrinam37
8/30/16

Avoid!!! It took days of numerous phone calls and an email to my bank to cancel. After 11 months, I got another monthly charge out of the blue. Did this company think I wouldn't notice or would suddenly decide that I really do want to buy poor quality clothing? Never give them your debit information - you will regret it.

aditil
7/31/16

Absolutely horrible experience. They hide the skip a month button and make it terribly inconvenient to cancel. It's not worth it. I have sent countless emails asking to cancel and have received no reply. It's just plain bad business. Will be posting this review on many sites.

nataliem50
7/22/16

I called to cancel & spoke to a lady for 35 minutes who had obviously been coached in the art of deflection. Every time I said, "I want to cancel my subscription," she responded with, "I can absolutely do that" but ever did. I THOUGHT she understood. As we disconnected she even said, "Is there anything else I can help you with?" I said, "No. My only goal was to cancel this whole thing." Three months later (Why 3 months? I believe they thought it might go unnoticed by me if they waited a few months) they began charging me again! I've attempted to cancel multiple times. I guess I need a lawyer.

snoviaw
6/14/16

I got to pair of shoes for my daughter for roughly 10 bucks. She is a typical kid (in the summer) she hasn't even have them barely two months and they look like she has had them at least two years (falling apart one sandle the zipper broke and the bottom was coming apart, the other pair of shoes the "glitter" was coming off and the bottom of the shoe folded in half leaving no bottom)

miyaneh
6/10/16

Plz don't buy from them u skip a month they still charge u then the shoe's are horrible they don't even fit the customer service is horrible half of there English is horrible stay away from this site

desireej3
6/8/16

I have a membership through Fabletics. I never agreed to a membership and fees through fabkids. I got an email for a discount through fabkids that I assumed was just a perk for being a VIP member of Fabletics. (That's where I went wrong) I purchased an outfit and searched to see if there was monthly fees as Fabletics does and found nothing. Low and behold it's the 8th of the month and I get charged 29.95 on my cc. I never received an email to choose my Picks or skip this month as I do with Fabletics so I don't get charged a monthly fee. I went to fabkids again and found in tiny print the terms of service where I read that if you go to their site and purchase anything you are automatically agreeing to their VIP membership terms. WHAT A JOKE. I got scammed. They got their $30 from me. I'm glad I read these post before I called their services to cancel because the guy on the phone tried to convince me through discounts and credits to stay a member and luckily I read a comment on here that someone agreed to these and continued to get charged unknowingly even with skipping their month. Not a good company .. Making all their money off scamming unknowing buyers. At least with
Fabletics they were VERY VERY CLEAR OF THEIR TERMS. And it was CLEAR that I would be charged 49.95
If I didn't skip the month. Unlike fabkids where I had no clue their was any membership at all or fees...

janetc62
5/31/16

Be very careful that you don't unknowingly receive VIP membership. You will be charged $29.95 each month without purchasing anything. You need to review your statements diligently so you do not become a victim of this scam

saral54
5/18/16

Do not try to purchase their clothes. They trick you and force you to buy more every month. Horrible. Buyer beware!!!

Definitely!

By Marly B. on 9/19/16
Helpful answer

Even after I cancelled I was still charged until I cancelled my credit card scamming company!

By Susie W. on 12/7/15
Helpful answer

If you don't want to get charge, you can always hit the skip this month and its available between first and the 5th of every month, and your good to go... there has never been an obligation to buy.... loving them so far. :)

By John P. on 4/26/15
Helpful answer

Does anyone EVER answer in chat? Are you millionares yet? I loathe this money stealing company!!

By Marly B. on 7/12/16
Helpful answer

The shoes that i bought were pretty narrow. My daughter cant wear socks with them. They were the sequin Allstar type shoe. The others I am unsure of.

By Mary G. on 10/4/15
Helpful answer

Delighted to be of service ma'am

By Kerry M. on 8/6/15
Helpful answer

You have to call them. Nothing else works!! And they WILL give you a hard time be prepared

By valerie r. on 5/9/15

Helpful answer

Questions? Get answers from the FabKids staff and other customers.

4 Photos for FabKids