US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

marilynj9
6/18/16

These people are free to call us a scammer with no cause and certainly no proof,,,which they dont seem to care about proof or resolvement of an issue.I couldnt get them to give us a fair shake,,,,,and said how do you get good animals and breeders on this sight if you dont have any idea who you are talking to or dealing with???,,,,,,or what is your price to stay on the sight???,,,these people are nasty to deal with and you are guilty instantly which tells me they are covering for something else,,,,,cause I know I am legitimate,,,,! think they are letting fellow breeders cut off their competition,,,,oldest scam in the book!
No use with these people,,

williamk91
6/2/16

Adorable, lovable, and playful little fluffballs! These registered Pomeranian puppies are family raised with TLC and socialized. Vet-checked and up to date with their shots and dewormed. Come with Health Guarantees and Health Records.

heathera31
3/16/16

Glad I read these reviews before sending any money. I received the same email template many have mentioned in the reviews.
Scam template I received: http://uship.pissedconsumer.com/puppy-scam-20150717667809.html
dogsnow post: http://www.dogsnow.com/dog-ad-o4171494703

vanessas40
3/13/16

I have been looking for a Welsh Pembrooke Corgi puppy for about a month and my first search I found one they said was located in Colorado and the person was in the military and needed to find home for 2 puppies (1 female and 1 male) and I told them I wanted the male but had to wait until I got paid and the lady decided she would hold it for me and I had a suspicious feeling about it and decided not to proceed. I started looking for local people for puppies and all three in the Washington DC and Virginia area. As soon as I said I was in the area and wanted to see the puppies before I purchased it 2 of the people never responded and the one that did gave a sob story about his daughter passing away and the puppies being hers and he wanted to sell them for $300 each and he said he was located approximately 40 miles from me I asked when I could see them and he changed his story saying he was relocating to Texas as of tomorrow and if I wanted he could ship them from Texas at a later date. I explained I want to see the puppies before I buy them and that was the end of our communication. Buyer's beware!!!! Don't go on this site unless you want to be ripped off

grahamd21
3/10/16

SCAM is bigger than just one person. I was informed of another transaction who was smart and called me. Columbus GA TO ATLANTA is a short drive to pick up a pet. They would not allow pick !!! HOW do you fly it only two hours away for the cost. Name used this time is TOM FLARE. SAME ADDRESS AS SCAM PARTNER MICHAEL TROUG AND WIFE BERYL. ADDRESS (work) they are using is 3106 EARLY ST. NW. ATLANTA GA. 30301. Both used same photos of puppies. Secondly SCAM French bulldog puppies were used. (Will send anyone photos of both) OH. SHIPPING FACT; 608-492-2895. They wanted $1850.00 from me for shipping containers????? Said my puppies were in New Mexico also said they were Government shipping agency (IS THAT ILLEGAL? ). Wouldn't give name of company and l was STUPID ENOUGH to want them l would of payed the extra $450 they wanted from me if it was upon delivery not MoneyGram like they wanted. Actually this site maybe not fully be at FAULT BUT they really need to check there Clients. THERE FAVORITE SAYING IS PLEASE TRUST US DONT. CAN FOWARD there words upon request. I really took to that puppy buy the photo reminded me of my first God bless her.

jamiev7
12/18/15

We came across an ad for a pug puppy for sale in Metairie, LA. This person only text messages (RED FLAG). We asked where he was from...Ohio (RED FLAG); however he offered shipping through www.pet-express.com. Pet expressed seemed legit, they have a website...right?!?! He asked for our email to email us some pics and videos of the puppies. We fell in love with one right away and were very excited. He said her name was LULU.

Then, he asked when we wanted her and guaranteed to have her to us in just a few days. His email address was Jason.thunder3@gmail.com.

Next,he asked me to wire him Money from Walmart to Giano Marchigano in Youngstown Ohio. Once the payment was complete, I was to send him the 9 digit receipt. He had all the paperwork complete, but wouldn't send me a copy. (RED FLAG)

I asked...how will we be guaranteed receipt of LuLu if we sent the money first?

He replied, " When you pay and I do all the flight boarding paperwork, I I will have access to full verification codes so you can check status and movements." (RED FLAG)

At this point he became very pushy and kept restating that the demand was high and that I needed to hurry and secure her. (RED FLAG).

****I then began researching his the names Jason Thunder and Giano Marhigano in Youngstown, Ohio. They do NOT exist. Then, I researched the reviews for dogsnow.com. Most of the reviews stated the site was FRAUD"!

So, I asked him how old the puppy was. He stated 4 weeks old (RED FLAG). I'm not a vet, but I thought puppies couldn't be sold until 6-8 weeks old.

So, I asked, "What do I feed such a precious baby?" There was a long silence......then he responded that he would send all the instructions with the dog. (RED FLAG)

I then told him we wanted to prepare for her and insisted on knowing what to feed her. Long silence again.....then he responded,"Royal Canin...you can get them groceries easily." (RED FLAG)

I asked him to provide me with proof that he was a legit dog breeder. Papers? Reviews? Past clients??

He stated that he would send me a video of them playing with the dog calling my name. (RED FLAG).
He badgered my a couple more times to send payment and called me rude for not responding. When I did respond to let him know that he did not provide me with proof and that I thought he was fraud, he called me "a psychopathic person, and that the puppy would suffer in my care."

STAY AWAY FROM THIS GUY! I am choosing not to use this site. Its a shame the legit breeders have to suffer.

Do your research before finding a family pet!
Do NOT send money to some one before receiving the goods.
Look for clues of fraud & trust your instinct.

andrewf56
12/13/15

I sent out request to maybe 5 people. All scams. They said the dogs were akc registwred, I even got one to send me the akc papers, they were blank documents that you put the puppy info into bUT they blurred the document so you could barely read it. I told them it was blank, they said no, I sent the same document unblurred with circles showing no info was entered. This site should be getting shut down soon.

angelicab5
12/8/15

I found three puppies that I followed up on. All three of them were scams. That was a waste of my time and hurt my kids who were excited to see pictures of the new puppy they'd be getting for Christmas. All three of them had sad stories and needed to courier the dog to me with cash up front. SCAM. SCAM. SCAM.

moniquek2
11/16/15

DogsNow website is total SCAM!!! They email you sob stories to make you feel upset, then they ask about you...so I was emailing this guy name Peter with a North Carolina area code but stated he he now lives in North Dakota, he listed North Carolina because he was trying to get rid of the puppies quicker. He then gave me such a sob story about how he was in the military and was in a bad accident and how he just wanted his puppies in a loving home, so we emailed back and forth for a couple of days and I even spoke with him on the phone, couldn't understand him, he did not speak good English!! so the day comes where he was going to send the puppy to a delivery carrier and I asked him the carrier name and he gives me this link

DO NOT TRUST this site TOTAL SCAM! Yolasite is a site where one can create their own site for free. So I emailed him back and asked him for another picture of the puppy and asked him to write a sheet of paper today's date and he totally went off on me staring he's already dropped the puppy off and I do not trust him so I knew then that it was definitely a SCAM!!

Not to mention an hour later my boyfriend found the same Puppy on a different website in GA area with the same number as Peter. So BE CAREFUL! He didn't get me so I'm helping you! :)

davids405
11/13/15

Don't waste your time on this site. Reached out to several sellers of dogs. They all want to ship you a dog after you send them money. They advertise that they are in one place but then tell you the dogs are somewhere else or they just moved or some other lame story. A lot of them seem to not be able to use proper English. That's not to say that there aren't people that English may be a second language but really. They will list multiple listings with the same dog or dogs that are not even theirs. THIS SITE UNFORTUNATELY IS A TOTAL SCAM. AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!!!

leighs21
11/8/15

PEMBROKE WELSH CORGI
My story is a lot like everyone else who commented. Watch out for 406-272-3380/macbright85@gmail.com. Total scam, all red flags were overlooked and now very heart broken.

teresat19
11/3/15

TOTAL SCAM. IF YOU RECEIVE A RESPONSE FROM MONITA RAJPA BEWARE OF A SCAM. A MADE UP STORY WILL BE SENT AND A REQUEST FOR INFORMATION.
DON'T SEND MONEY AND STAY AWAY.

DON'T USE THIS WEBSITE WHEN SHOPPING FOR A PET. (DOGSNOW) - PET SCAM

Tip for consumers: DON'T FALL FOR SCAMS ON DOGSNOW.

fredf30
9/15/15

All scams here folks. They send you pictures of somebody else's pup, get you and your children to fall in love with it over the internet and start spending with your heart instead of your head. Then they suck as much money out of you with promises of a puppy arriving until you realize that you've been scammed for $1400.00 and leave your kids with broken hearts. I didn't spend anything because I read the reviews. One scammer is 812-463-2534 and his other number 623-282-2656. It's two numbers from 2 states that go to his google voice number. He will text only. Ask you for your email and what kind of pup you're looking for and you'll get an email that is a sob story that's copied and pasted from the oldest craigslist scammers.
Avoid these horrible horrendous people at all costs. Even the Dogsnow site has the same "watch out for scams" warning that craigslist has. Dogsnow says to report bad people but there is no way to do so.
Please, don't walk, RUN from this horrible place that uses our love of animals to suck your credit card dry

kathyw28
8/7/15

She tells you it is akc registered and says she will get you the paperwork. We paid 600. for a dog from her and still have not received the paperwork. She will not answer her phone or return our messages. Obviously she is lying about something. We have contacted our lawyer and given him all her info and he is going to check into it.

alizab3
7/2/15

we were scammed and lost over $1000 and have two vey upset children!!! This website is terrible and only in it for your money! I wouldn't recommend you to even attempt to get a puppy from here. Also the pet airline Movepetsonline.com is a scam! DONT DO IT!

jawaida
6/26/15

Hi we were looking for Male Samoyed pups and sent 200 Dollars as instructed and 2 days later the puppy was supposed to come and a man named Jon Biaca from Baltimore send acknowledged for Mallisa Fllora (Advertizer) after sending money through money gram we updated Mallisa as instructed by her she acknowledged and we waited for the shipment that never came no response from Mallisa or shipping company. shipping company sent an Email with the scheduale of shipment, process of sending money whole to send to and how to send when we were done sending money , some Oriental man instructed over the phone to send a reference number for money sent and we did. This Oriental man had an Austin number 512-6661713 and my phone number was furnished to him by Mallisa this man claimed to be the manager of the shipping company of my region I am in the process with the police about this scam to save other innocent people

Reference add number is. o399066268

- Jawaid Ansari

torym5
4/21/15

Put inquiries out to about 5 owners of Boston Terrier puppies....ALL scams. Every. Single. One. Thank goodness I didn't lose any money. Very disappointed.

judym32
4/12/15

My mom found a puppy on here and went and contacted a woman and ended up sending 500 to have the puppy shipped to her and they then asked for 1200 more for insurance and my mom and her husband said no so the 500 is gone it was a scam. Going to the FBI this week. My mom is so hart broken.

chads13
4/8/15

I was looking to purchase a dog and came across a dog I was interested in, and I texted the number that was provided. I received a reply a few hours later, but the text message asked which breed of dog I was looking for since my text message was just basically asking if they still had puppies available.... The text message also was asking for my email address. I provided my email address and received an email a few minutes later as well as a text telling me he sent an email. The email was several paragraphs long explaining why he couldn't talk on the phone and why he could only do this by email.... Just like the others they gave a sob story of someone dying. The email also had a few questions in regards to the pet and apologizing for all the questions but they are concerned that their pet finding a good home. I recognized this to be scam right away, but answered the question anyway because there was no personal information that was being asked. After answering the questions, I finished the email by saying that his story seemed pretty fishy that I felt like this was a scam and before I go any further I was going to do some background checks. Within about 10 minutes, my email was followed up by a text again saying he sent an email, but his email was pushing the fact of making a transaction asap.... His email had nothing in regards to my questions about this being a scam.

So, today I spent some time looking to see how to block this guy from actually scamming someone but noticed on that sight they do not have that option which makes me believe that this entire site is a scam, but as I continued my research, I found this forum. There might be real breeders on this site but seems to me, you will get scammed before finding that real breeder.

So for those whom still believe this is a good site and still want to try to purchase a dog from this site, here are some helpful hints to stay away from them Worthless Pieces of $H!T...

1. Recognize the grammar... I noticed some of things he said were completely out of content telling me they are not even from the US.

2. Sob Stories of someone dying... My guy had said he was in a minor accident which is elder daughter died in and he had jaw surgery which is why you couldn't talk. Why does some feel they need to tell you this??? If this tragedy really happened, would you tell everyone that’s why they selling the animal??? Reading the rest of the forums on this site they had similar stories.

3. The postings state and Google the area code to see which state the number is from.... The posting had Indiana, his number was from New Jersey, but the address he gave me was in Maryland. Pretty goofy to me.

4. ASAP or seemed pushing.... They do not want to waste time because the more time you think about it you realize it’s a scam, so they try to push it on you.

5. Email Attachments... If you are skeptical do not open an attachment because I will tell you it’s a virus to get your personal information. How do you think the Target scammed work? It was an attachment sent from a guy in Russia, and a contractor that did construction worked at Target received the email, opened the attachment, and the virus found its way to Target. The FBI knows who this guy is but the US cannot touch him because he is in Russia and he is still making millions of dollars of that scam 2 years later.

6. Not knowing what breed you are asking about.... I believe a breeder will only breed one type of breed, so if they need to know the specifics of what breed you are asking then they are not a breeder, or if they are then they do not specialize in any breed.

The Law has too much of these complaints and cannot not do much about it, especially when they are from another country.... We cannot touch them. So, the only way to stop this is for us to stop falling for this stuff and pass this information on.

davidy27
4/5/15

Dogsnow is a total SCAM!!!!!

virginiap3
4/1/15

This site is nothing but a SCAM. Looking for a Great Dane puppy. Contacted seller, sent me a sob story, which I believed. I thought who could make up such a sad story to just to sell dogs. Long story short I am out 300.00 dollars. I have been in touch with MoneyGram, FBI and the local police. These scumbags play on the hearts of people who want to give loving homes to animals. When they try to scam the next person, I hope whatever story they tell them happens to them.

Tip for consumers: DO NOT BUY FROM THIS SITE.

hannahl18
3/9/15

FULL of scam and fraud.
Don't send money through money gram or western union.
If you buyer seems fishy and stories aren't adding up! It's a scam. Sending money to a different country or a different state with a different name than stated on the site. DO NOT DO IT! Mistake

elizabethm73
2/23/15

After looking over Maltese Puppy the one we feel in love with & talking with owner I guess they said they had to move From SC to Utah. Then after talking to the pet shippers we thought puppy had been shipped the after 3 hours they called back needing more money for a ventilation electronic temperature crate and vaccine. Which was up to be $2550. Lesson learned hard way, we let our hearts talk today instead of our minds. If you see 919-917-9053 number its a scam also www.themobilepets.com. Giving it a 1 star which they and this site don't deserve. You can't even file a complaint with dogsnow.com.

michaelk73
10/30/14

DO NOT have anything to do with the person who has this phone number, 1-571-399-5087. They say they live in Jamesport Missouri, but have suddenly been forced to move to Oregon and will have a puppy shipped to you! It's a SCAM! I was forced to give this site one star so I could submit this message, but it's total S**T!

brandyd1
10/11/14

(571) 418-7691 watch out for this phone number, This is a total scam....claiming to be in hampstead NC... It's a total scam... They say they have moved to another state and ask for shipping money for the puppies.. Who would honestly send money without seeing a living thing as innocent as a puppy???

1 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the DogsNow staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
9/11/13
Answer
christinam10
A: anyone asking for a wire payment or is asking for you to send money right away it is a scam
2/9/16
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
LoadingLoading...
Questions? Get answers from the DogsNow staff and other customers.

DogsNow?