WordPress

2018 CUSTOMER CHOICE AWARD

WordPress has a consumer rating of 4.58 stars from 65 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally satisfied with their purchases. WordPress also ranks 1st among Open Source sites.

No critical highlights yet

How would you rate WordPress?

“Classic but works like a charm”

Izzat H.
3/4/20

I know it looks old and not very eye-appealing; sure it does not have fancy actions, but it works. Pretty much all plugins work on wordpress, and hey, more than 30 percent of the web is wordpress. If your only complaint is beauty, use Divi theme builder. I am working on taking my shop online. There is money there too. With all these restrictions on travel because of Coronavirus, shopkeepers have no choice but to go online.

“Total waste of time and effort”

Paula R.
10/15/19

I have used Word Press since 2017 to share my travel experiences. Then it was tiresome and difficult to add photos. It was laborious. 2018 it was the similar and I stopped after a few entries because it was so time consuming. I thought I'd try again this year but found the whole experience to be frustrating, not user friendly in fact it was TERRIBLE to use. A TOTAL WASTE of EFFORT and TIME. Especially when you are travelling who wants to spend HOURS working on a simple blog of text anda few photos. STAY AWAY FROM THIS SITE A TOTAL RIP OFF.

izzath1
March 4th, 2020
haroldh117
August 27th, 2019
WordPress is a great well-rounded place where you have free will whenever you want to build your blog from scratch or just choose a theme you need. There are free and custom paid themes. It took me some time to get the gist of the way everything works, but after going through bunch of tutorials I could happily work with it. It does take some time, but I would definitely recommend this as it's a great platform to work with, very useful with lots of handy plugins.
patriciah404
March 25th, 2019
If you want to start your blog, then WordPress is an excellent choice. I thought that this site would be "intermediate" in my career, but no. I still lead my first blog here since 2016.
jahanz1
July 5th, 2019
Those people who chose the business now they rule the whole world. All the successes are related with businesses. So business is supper choice
anisa10
May 13th, 2019
Wordpress is a responsive friendly site, built to make your site look good-looking and professional. It offers an ecommerce online store for selling fashion, furniture and accessories.
sherinea
August 14th, 2018
Using Wordpress you can set up your own corporate website in a matter of minutes. The number of plugins to customize our web and the option to transform it into an electronic commerce, it a perfect CMS for websites for small and medium businesses. Plus, it's cheap :)
glossinaa
May 31st, 2019
I've been using it for a long period of time and I can't complain about anything. Very convenient website!
yahirf
April 3rd, 2017
Another good semi-automatic site creator out there! They have basic lessons on all the main aspects but anyway you need some skill in using the platform to create something valuable.
johnr1114
September 16th, 2018
This is the best platform ever for my new blog. Simple and easy to understand. Fast install. Would recommend
lisat170
May 17th, 2017
I run a few small business WordPress websites. So far, it's the best platform offering tons of plugins and frequent updates. Requires very little technical skills and gives enough flexibility at the same time.
bilhaj
July 12th, 2018
I have used wordpress for my self-hosted blog for over 2 years and I would recommend it to new blog.

Tip for consumers: Great for new serious bloggers

peterg172
July 30th, 2017
Been working with WordPress for over 10 years. WordPress community is it's biggest asset. 1000s have contributed free plugins, helpful videos and support.

There are 1000s of free plugins that provide additional functionality such as contact forms, mortgage calculators, photo sliders, real estate listings and booking calendars. Always search the plugin repository before you pay for custom programming or take the time to develop something yourself. There's probably already a plugin that does all or at least most of what you need.

Check out WordPress.tv for 100s of helpful videos from getting started to advanced WordPress development. Most of these were recorded at WordCamps which are held throughout the year all over the world. Prices are next to nothing compared to most professional conferences. Most cities also have 1 or more WordPress Meetups that are another great source of support.

When I've posted questions on WordPress.org the response times and quality of responses have been excellent.

Tip for consumers: AVOID Wordpress plugins/software from developers with no reviews on WordPress.org. Some of them will charge you $1000s for poor code with poor support. Most reputable developers will have a free version of their plugins on WordPress.org. Reviews will give you a good idea of the quality and support.

alonzom18
April 30th, 2014
Keep it up, we love to work with wordpress! The latest versions came too fast i think, and there were a bit rushed but we like it overall.

We have made great customer websites with wordpress and the help of premium themes from www.elegantthemes.com and www.sitemile.com
gitaw
May 27th, 2014
I use wordpress to power my cooking blog.
Amazing software with great community.
omegar
1,612 helpful votes
November 7th, 2011
I must say that I completely enjoyed this site and was able to create my own wordpress.org site. It was so simple to create this that I was in complete awe over the whole experience.

This site's ease is the main draw for this site and there is not any complicated sign up process either. Plus the site provides you with articles that you can learn from to help you improve your own wordpress site. I am in total agreement that wordpress.org is indeed the best.
connorr5
May 13th, 2013
Get's the job done! Excellent blogging platform.
robinr13
November 29th, 2012
Love them! Awesome! So much you can do --- highly recommended!
martinm13
September 10th, 2011
I am going to keep this review simple. I LOVE WORDPRESS!

Wordpress is feature rich, versatile and may be the last bastion for free speech.

If you have something to say to the world then Wordpress is the place to say it.

Wordpress is as simple as you need it and as complicated as you want it.
clayd
February 9th, 2011
I'm a fan - they have an easy interface that is perfect for blogging.

Clay Douglass
oscarj
January 15th, 2011
One of the most versatile blogging software around and very robust sites can be developed using it though it is not the easiest one to learn. It is most robust if you can code in PHP and mysql but many can install it on their site without using any complicated code.
rachaelt
October 8th, 2008
WordPress is the best blogging software in the world - I've been blogging for years, and I have fallen in love with WordPress. It's easy to use, it's free, and it's completely open source. The open source bit is very cool because that means all these developers around the world make very cool plugins and other additions that allow you to do very cool things like track all your users, or easily change how your blog looks. It's also cool because a good portion of WordPress is a non-profit (there is also a for-profit portion called Automatic).

I've also used Blogger (owned by Google) and Typepad but have found them both somewhat less intuitive to use and lacking in many of the cool features of WordPress. Also - this is purely anecdotal - but I found that given similar numbers of inbound links, my WordPress blog did better in Google search results. No idea if this can be substanciated, but thought I'd mention it.
31 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Yes try google blogger site or there app Its awesome

By Elias O.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the WordPress staff and other customers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about WordPress?

Have a question about WordPress?