Review of W!ZZ

Tel: +354 497 1211
communications@wizzair.com

segiog
11/5/18

Was supposed to fly from Glasgow but they cancelled the flight and
offered to fly us from London instead. They didn't bother to help us get
from Glasgow to London although these are different cities in different
countries slmost 650 km apart snd it was their duty. It took me 1 year
to get my money back from them and I intend to report them to CAA so
they get a hefty fine. From their FB page I could see they make a habit
to camcel flights without offering re-routing, they take advantage that
people don't know their rights or don't want to fight with them. In
fact this situation was not singular, another time was supposed to fly
from Bucharest to London, we flew from Bucharest to Budapest instead
because they had only 1 pilot. God help us something should have
happened to that pilot. Pasenger safety and comfort was of no concern to
them, kept us for almost 2 hours in a hot and humid plane with no
water, no ventilation and no food, they refused to let us off the plane
to buy something saying we will be left on our own. There were little
babies crying all the time because of the conditions, all they cared is
making a few extra pounds by selling us all their crap which wasn't even
enough for all the people in the plane. Another time they
blatantly lied to us, had more 3 hours delay, initially they said it was
due to bird strike, asked them to prove or I would take them to court,
they paid after 2 months of arguing. I flew about 10 - 15 times
with them before giving up on them, had delays on about 70% of them and
on average the delay time was 1 hour - 1 hour and a half. Nothing can
prepare you when you're suppose to arrive at 2 am but arrive after 5 am
without getting sny sleep and being a zombie for the whole day. The
air staff was sometimes nice, sometimes a bit rude, being blunt, not
accepting Scottish pounds (they never explained why, they're still
pounds like the English ones which they accepted) and the staff from
customer support is useless.

Tip for consumers: Their flights are always canceled or delayed and you will never get refund. Worst airlines never use them.

sarahc307
1/17/18

Cheap does not always have to be worse. I have been using Wizz airlines around the Europe and had no issues whatsoever.

lizziek4
10/11/17

This is a cheap airline that lets you travel on a budget so don't expect VIP service or comfort here. For that you need to pay more and you know it.

sp1009
11/18/16

Wizzair cancelled my flight while I was at the boarding gate without any previous notice. Moreover they refused to give the proper compensation as per EU rules. Bad customer service and ILLEGAL behaviour. AVOID them if you don't want to ruin your vacation!

matthewd47
4/27/16

WARNING about Budport Ground Handling Crew (I do not yet know if the actions of Budport are condoned by WIZZ Air, the Airline cabin crew experience itself was a very good one)...

(One of my visits to Hungary involved the inauguration of a new industrial plant that included the attendance of Viktor Orbán, the Hungarian Premier. Then Budport totally screw the experience of Hungary by racketeering).

If you are flying WIZZ Air through Budapest Airport to Luton, and you are not a Hungarian Citizen, you stand a strong chance of being fleeced by Budport Ground Handling Crew. I have a Cabin bag that I have taken all over the World, and including on previous WIZZ flights to Europe. This time, Budport demanded 35 Euros because my bag was 44 centimeters in height instead of 42 centimeters, as stated on the Boarding Card.

2 centimeters! Less than 1 Inch...My Cabin bag fitted into the bag checker no problem, but was less than 1 inch in height too much. I have the photograph and I am raising a formal complaint.

Even more concerning was that there were passengers with much bigger cabin bags, but these passengers appeared to be Hungarian.

I have come to the conclusion that you have a stronger chance of being racketeered if you fit the following criteria:
1. Non-Hungarian (If travelling through Budapest)
2. Older in age (40-50+)
3. You might look like you can afford to pay around 35 Euros penalty (not sure about this one)

There were three Boarding Pass checkpoints as follows:
-Scanning of Boarding Pass at Gate
-Then entry into a cavernous warehouse holding area with a sort of cage layout
-Then a further Boarding Pass checkpoint (This is where the Racketeering takes place, my experience was meted out by an innocent looking but very UNpleasant young man; he gave his details only as Supervisor 3)
-Then a third and final Boarding Pass checkpoint (This was staffed by two Ladies, who were informed by 'Supervisor 3' that I was not allowed to board the Airplane...They looked embarrassed and one Lady disappeared off somewhere, I think they have seen this happen so many times before).

I employ 25 Hungarians in my business in the UK, I love the Hungarians in general, I look after them properly and they work hard for me, but this little Weasel called 'Supervisor 3' is not a good example for the Country. Supervisor 3 also tried to snap my boarding pass out of my hand. A really unpleasant and nasty individual.

Just be aware that there is clearly a revenue generation policy in place and Budport are very zealous & aggressive in achieving their targets.

leec44
4/4/16

On 25 -03-2016, four of us flew WIZZ airlines to Budapest from Charleroi Belgium without any problems. On the 28th we were returning to Belgium and the baggage handler employee of BUDPORT without batting an eye said that will be an another 90 Euros because you have suitcases instead of soft cabin bags. So two of us had soft bags that were bigger but flexible and two of the ladies had regular small suitcases. Although the body of the bags fit into the baggage seizer they had little feet on the bottom/side that would not allow the bags to pass all the way into the seizer. Those little 1 cm high feet cost us 90 Euros.(( I'm including below a statement made by WIZZ airlines regarding BUDPORT and their operation and how they are supposed to operate.)

)We instructed Malev Ground Handling, our handling partner, to immediately cease using services of its subcontractor Budport when handling WIZZ passengers. We are now working on alternative processes to improve the airport experience of our customers when implementing our policies. As part of our commitment to continually review and improve our customers experience, we have asked passenger handling partners across our entire network of 104 airports, to apply common sense and reasonable flexibility when screening baggage sizes, and to allow cabin baggage on board even when handles and wheels protrude out of baggage sizers.

Well it is obvious they either didn't do what they said they were doing or BUDPORT just didn't care and decided to just keep ripping off the people.

Tip for consumers: I think WIZZ airlines was and is okay. They are a low cost airlines, and you do get what you pay for. BUT They have some RIP-OFF agents working for them and should kick their butts out of business. They made a decision to charge us simply because our luggage was not as depicted on the ticket (statement made by the agent as he was writing the receipts.)
That extra charge was the price of the round trip ticket.

jamest155
3/31/16

It was one of the best flight experience I've had so far. Polite staff, modern aircraft, everything was amazing. Affordable pricing. Overall i am 100% pleased.

Questions? Get answers from the W!ZZ staff and other customers.

W!ZZ?