We too. Have ordered a smoker from this idiot and have been screwed out of $1100.00. I did file a lawsuit and of corse was granted judgment because he didn't appear... He is a scam artist along with his wife. He needs to be stopped... WILLZ GRILLZ DOSE NOT EXIST... HE IS A THEFT
Just thought everyone should know this man and his company took almost a year and many lies until I got my big daddy smoker. When I received it, it looked like crap!!!! Shoddy welds and would not draft to get hot. Had to spend $450 just to get the smoker working right!!! He was BBQ heaven.net, the he changed the name to Willz Grillz( which... I bought under), then found out today that he changed his name again to Carolina BBQ Grills! The website is carolinabbqgrills.com! DO NOT BUY FROM THIS MAN! His name is Willie Freeman! He is a Freud!
The star rating doesn't go into the neg. Purchased a grill for $3,700 and never received it. Said it was done and on its way and got in a accident and had to be rebuilt. The man is on the phone to get the $ and never, only text after. Total scam. Wanting to sue, looking for a lawyer in his area, Class action would be nice.
Justin & Jake delivered the cooker today & I can't say enough good about them. They are 2 outstanding young men.
Problems with the cooker:
1) As per my request & your invoice this was to be a reverse flow cooker & it is not.
2) I asked for & your invoice indicated that there would be a propane ignitor in the firebox & there is not
3) The firebox cannot be opened without first opening the warmer box - not acceptable
4) No stops on the grates inside the cooker to keep them from tipping forward when pulled out just a piece of angle for them to ride on
5) Door handles/latches are not easily functional - probably will bind up when grill is hot
6) Missing thermometer for cooker only thermometer is on warmer box - invoice indicates 2 thermometers
7) Welding is amateurish looks like chicken droppings nothing was ground down & finished as a professionally finished piece would be.
8) Paint has popped off when heat was applied - not hi temp paint.
9) You knew better than this yet you deliberately tried to deceive your employee that delivered the cooker & put the entire cost on me even though the agreement reached with the BBB said we would split the cost & that was only because I wanted the cooker now even though your invoice indicates shipping was covered.You had indicated the entire cost would not be over $300 then tried to have me pay $400 total cost by telling your employee who was kind enough to actually bring it up here that I was responsible for the entire cost.
10) On your website it is stated that you fire the cooker up & burn it in to be sure everything is as it should be - no evidence of this.
11) I can see pinholes (daylight) in some of the welds now. A lot of the welds just seem to be laid on top (cold) of the steel definitely not burnt in. We will see how long this lasts.
The overall workmanship of the cooker is not professional in fit & finish It is my understanding that the cooker was basically thrown together this past week even though you have indicated to me that the cooker has been complete since early April.
The above are just my observations after having the cooker for under 6 hr.s. I am sure I will find more issues when I really have a chance to inspect it.
You need to learn to tell the truth in general & to your customers in particular. You have consistently lied to me about where we stood on the construction of this cooker. I based everything on what you told me and now I have another week or so of work before I can even think about having the health dept. look at this. I had told you how critical it was that the fit & finish be as it should & it is not anything near what a true fabricating shop would even want to be associated with. As I told you, this cooker was to be the centerpiece of our restaurant. Something anyone from the Carolinas would be proud to let their customers admire. As it is I have something I cannot showpiece nor explain how something cobbled together like this is took almost 5 months to produce.
I regret the day I first spoke with you and actually found you to be believable. You have totally misled me as to your qualifications as I have never known a true fabricator who would want their name associated with anything thrown together as this has been.
I noticed you did not send the other cooker you had promised me for the foul ups you admitted to. How do you plan to make this right? I am sure it was an oversight on someone else's part that this was missing.
With this & from what I hear from other people that you have done to them I would not want to be in your shoes. Karma is a funny thing & will eventually find you out. My suggestion to you is to give this up because you are not a craftsman - swindler fits you to a tee. I honestly believe that you would rather lie than eat when you are hungry.
PS On further inspection there is no way for the lid of the cooker to be kept open - there is no type of prop only way is to hold open by hand or cut a broom handle to fit which I guess would match the bent carriage bolts used for door latch handles - the latches themselves are all thread rod.
AKA WILLZ GRILLS-He didn't deliver the smoker on the dates agreed upon and when we tried to contact him he avoided us like the plague! We drove to NC to either pick up the smoker as-is (because he told us it was almost finished) or to get a refund. He kept stringing us along, telling us he was almost finished when that wasn't even close to being true! Then he cusses my fiance out and threatened him with bodily harm. We had to call the police in the end. And he's done this to many others! See his Better Business Bureau rating of an "F" here- http://www.bbb.org/greensboro/business-reviews/barbecuing-equipment-suppliers/bbq-heaven-custom-pig-cookers-and-smokers-in-asheboro-nc-33058683 Beware!
Customer Questions & Answers
Did You Find This Page Useful?
Business owners: What’s your side of the story?
Manage your business