Web Hosting World reviews

Tel: +1-408-933-3976
legal@webhostingworld.net

donaldr155
5/30/19

The company had been good for several years, but in the last two they have tried to manipulate and bill inappropriately. THEY held one of my domains hostage for non-payment even after it was paid. The company has been taken over by some nefarious people. Stay away and choose a better and reputable company

luiso42
5/28/19

Terrible. Scammers!!! Last year I signed for their Bronze Plan. At that moment it was offering UNLIMITED space so I payed for 3 years in advance. Its been only 10 months and suddenly my hosting space is full!!! I asked what was happening and representative Stephanie simply told me that the plan has changed. No refund, no previous notice, no nothing and if I need more space I just have to pay for a higher plan. I Told her that it was unfair, they must uphold their initial offer. She just said sorry, just pay if you need more space. They simply disrespect customers. So beware that if you sign up for a plan they may be changing conditions whenever they like...

madhanr1
3/3/19

I have registered for Linux Reseller Account. Once you request for money back they don't response for any of your tickets. Their service level decrease from 5* to 0*. They delete your product and make you wait. At last you will fed up creating tickets and you will not get any money from them and they don't even re-activate your product. Its all gone :(

tariquli5
1/30/19

When I purchases the packages, in refund time they are very helpful and after that they shows the actual situation. Webhostingworld asks money for every support. They do not have any security expert. My site was down for more then 3 months. Hackers are attacking my customers sites. Sites are too much slow.
Never buy any service from Web Hosting world. Waste your money. My package was RESELLER SUPREME.

habibn
11/15/18

I am a happy client from last 2 years on shared server.With an impressive breadth of overall hosting services offered, webhostingworld.net is really doing great job. The service and support I got so far is just amazing. All my wishes to complete team of WHW.

michaelg928
11/2/18

We have read the reviews and agree, this company has not proven to be reliable, so, the question is:

WHO HAVE YOU FOUND TO BE A DEPENDABLE WHM HOST??

We are ready to migrate!

Thanks to all....

hostu
10/19/18

All my MySQL users got deleted by this Web Hosting World, and they don't want to admit it. Asking me to restore from backup ??? If only they smart enough to review their full backup, the full backup does not include MySQL users, but only MySQL db. Terrible !!!

jesusm81
8/18/18

So far, very impressive
We had a series of migration-related issues which took about a week to sort out. All in all, Webhostingworld.net tech support has been great,and this server is much faster than the reseller account I had with other host.

yousufi
2/26/18

Tip for consumers: Kindly check the attached screen shot.

kg84
9/8/17

Cheap is cheap!

I signed up with them less than a week ago. My long-standing, reputable, and functional website was transferred to these scammers for a short period of time. The website, emails, and everything else stopped working as soon as they were transferred to webhostingworld.

I pulled out my embarrassing mistake from their claws very quickly because: 1. The site never saw the world through their eyes! 2. The emails stopped working and I lost business that week. 3. Now I have to correspond with my clients to re-establish my reputation. And it's not easy to do. My clients trust me on the quality of my work and my product. My products, my service, the quality of my communication with the client, and everything else is a part of my business integrity. When I mistakenly signed up with webhostingworld, I temporarily compromised my integrity. 4. Their 30-day money back guarantee promise is a bogus. I submitted a ticket with them. It's like throwing a bottle with a message into the ocean with some communication effort. And it's like being on an island in the ocean screaming for help. Wilson! My ticket was never addressed. Does this ring the bell? 5. They make their money by advertising very cheap plans and charging thousands of people for a promise they don't deliver. When people realize that they paid for nothing, it's too late. The fee is small, so people stop fighting in their efforts to get their money back. As a result, you have lost a small amount of money, your time on the Internet, your reputation with some of your clients (who are inherently patient for the most part, thank Goodness!), and your sanity. And they have collected their undeserved profit while you are trying to get back on your feet.

My advise to you, don't make the same mistake I did. You get what you pay for. And, in this case, it ain't worth it. Never sign up with this company!

P.S. I did allow more than 48 hours for the site to propagate on their so called "server." And I was very patient with their excuses.

rameshwars
5/11/17

Doesnt' get any worse than this. WebHostingWorld.net are not at all concerned if you site is down and you are losing business. They keep on changing servers and your site goes down, database gets disconnected, site goes down. They will disconnect service because you did not pay on due date even though due date not yet started. Very disgusting. Go find another host but never waste your time and money on WebHostingWorld.net.

rethaw
11/24/16

I subscribed to Web Hosting World dot net (my 1st 5 posts cant include links per Scam Rules), and the beginning was great. I had the functionality needed to run my 24 hour web store. However as my needs grew, the company stop doing or performing certain duties such as forwarding a copy of the transcript when chatting to my email account. Instead, they send their bias overview so I have to print screen to save a copy. Then the database STOPPED working, first I was told that we are updating your database then it would happen while I was working on the website. Then someone changed the name of my database from wbandt to bbandt??? I have a screen shot of it also. Then they disabled my options to send emails and I got an error stating we do not authorize the use of this email account to send bulk mailbut I am a business?!?!? And businesses send bulk mail?? Then the customer service agent called my mail SPAM??? Wtf? But would only allow me to send mail from my cellular device or ipad.
Then I was not allowed in my cpanel, they would change password, and give me 3 minutes then log me out and I get a message saying you have exceeded the login time now they will not allow me to delete files. This is serious because the content of our files are private and sensitive. They disable the function to delete files from database in cpanel and access to certain script in cpanel. These issues are a security breach. When asked WHY my database and other issues were happening, I got NO answer but we will send a ticket to next levellike Comcast does (but that is another story). Since using their hosting company I have lost privilege to post ads on my site as the companies are saying I no longer have the traffic???? But other analytics who point to my site says I get at least 90 clicks per daymy site has ZERO visitors according to Web Hosting World dot net. I am now waiting for them to allow access but just decided to delete the databases altogether. For some odd reason I believe they have files somewhere!?!? Its Thanksgiving Folks so I am gonna organize records for your deliberation. Simply put, this company is DEATH to businesses that rely on the website for branding. They are real cheap, but you will take a greater loss by using them.

jhonp5
9/30/16

Tive vários problemas de lentidão e quedas dos meus sites, no entanto o suporte deles é bem rápido!

Agora por exemplo meus sites estão on mas o deles OFF.

I had several problems of slowness and falls of my sites
however their support is very fast!

Now for example my sites are on but their OFF.

hasanb4
9/28/16

webhostingworld review
this company is simply not a company .....

its just a one person companey with very cheep servers
they Promise 30 days moneyback but don't Believe this ball$#*!

sever is very slow and its not about the speed of the connection the machine its self i think they are useing pantium 1 ...

they or he change my server at the first it was ok after 2 days its the same slowleness

scripts are full of bug's from almost 180 script u can get 3 or 4 working right .. i regester a domain on sep 2 then after 2 day i cheak up the domain and still not yet regester in sept 4 i ask to not regester it and Guess what when i request to Cancellation of my account and refound my money they regester the domain right away .....
and keep ignoring my Cancellation requests
Download the photo so you can read it

Business Name:
APSC InfoTech & Software Solutions Pvt Ltd (The recipient of this payment isNon-U.S. - Verified)

Paypal cant return my money

You may see the screenshot of my conversation with them before they terminate my account

sheetalj
2/5/16

For my WordPress hosted sites I have gone with Webhostingworld.net .I have used HostGator in the past but I find Webhostingworld.net provides the best packages for my needs.

They have the easy install of WordPress we expect from all hosting services but also a great uptime record and costumer support.

lei492
1/27/16

I had several accounts with them. The price was low and that was my mistake. They closed the access to the customer area and access to the control panel of several of my accounts without warning. I contacted support and repeatedly told me that they will enable the accounts but nothing has happened till today. Lost several customers because of them. Avoid them is loss of prestige and money

robertc206
12/30/15

I have setup an account for 1 year with Webhosting world company, I heard from my friend who is already customer of this company, this is very nice to customers and make sure care of users. From my experience I noticed that he was right. I have planned that I will extend my hosting time with this company

Thanks
Robert

fredericko4
11/20/15

As the saying goes, "the demon you know is better than the angel...". I've had my ups and downs with Web Hosting World but I'm overall satisfied. Most problems are fixed via chat and if I'm honest, with them, you actually get more than what you pay for. I won't use it for top projects where reliability is key especially for zero-tolerance clients. I've however used it for projects that have gone ahead to shake the WWW including 247 Nigeria News Update which is recently migrated to blogger due to it's 50000 daily hits

venkatk2
7/28/15

What Andrew C mentioned just below, I am also facing the same issue. They just closed my account saying its usage is 30% and asked to pay 84$ immediately within a day. I am with this WHW for several years and without any courtesy they sent an email to pay the invoice and the account is closed. I never know that my site is down. I am not receiving emails and they stopped everything.

In their website they promote that they provide unlimited disk space, bandwidth,etc. If that iscase how the CPU usage is more? This is the worst behavior and they cannot treat a customer like that. Its something they need money and close the account and moving all the customers by force from Bronze to Gold immediately. if the 30% hit you move to Gold plan then why do you have Silver plan then??

andrewc101
7/28/15

I have been using webhostingworld.net for several years and was happy with their "bronze" service at $1 per month! But now they accuse me of using 30% of their CPU time (I was uploading data to myy website) and put me on their "gold" plan for $84, effective within 24h. If I don't pay they shut down my website and e-mail server. I cannot transfer my website within 24h and I refuse to pay their blackmail charge. This is a poor way to run a business. Here is their message to me:

"During a routine audit we checked that your account "[website name]" is using more than 30% cpu usage on the server , unfortunately we will not be able to continue you on brone plan.

We have upgraded your invoice to gold , if you wish to continue with us you need to pay the invoice

You can login to your client area to view and pay the invoice at

However if you do not wish to continue , you are requested to move your accounts untill the 28th of July since on 28th of July if the invoice is unpaid we will proceed with suspending and removing your accounts and no longer offer further service."

davidb301
7/6/15

Used the site for almost 3 years, was happy with the service UNTIL now, they said I used to much CPU and put me on the more expensive plan. Billed me $84 and held my domain ransom until it was paid. I have no website only email and get about 25-50 emails a day. If that overloads their servers, that ought to tell you something. Avoid at all cost..

jays321
5/7/15

Webhostingworld.net are scammers! I CANNOT SEND SMTP AND THEY SWITCH IT OFF and offering NO explanation!

kaih14
4/5/15

Been with WHW for 3 years now and the last 6 months all I've had is downtime, problems and bulls*t from them. They don't keep their servers up date date and are insecure, their speed and platform responsiveness is absolutely terrible and their support is just the worst ever. It took them 3 days to get an installation of Prestashop right and when I go to customise and setup the site itself, it falls over as there is simply no resources available.. I have an absolute stack of support tickets that prove that they are in breach of the SLA yet they do nothing about it... DONT GO WITH THIS COMPANY AT ALL AS YOULL BE DISAPPOINTED, FRUSTRATED ADN RIPPED OFF...

ahmeds27
11/2/14

this website very very bad and them delete my data and not tack backup from data and server ever hour down
and delete ticket wen i make it so them delete my data
and when i complain then suspend my account

Tip for consumers: not share with them

pleasek
2/9/14

I am with WebHostingWorld for 5 years now...
I was looking for a cheap hoster and found it with whw.
The start off was $#*!ty, having problems. They couldnt get my site up and register my domain. I paid with paypal, after claiming money back via paypal, they got rude and upsad. Telling me I should close the disput at paypal or I will loose all, money and hosting. Also they told me paypal will not give refunds on virtual goods.

So I thought $#*! it.. Ill roll with it and see whats happened.
They set up my hosting and domain. After 6 month they had some issues and lost all my data without having a backup.

So from now on I am always backing it up myself. Support is over all quick, if you are polite. If you getting upsad and express it, they wont help! :-D

I have different accounts now as its really cheap and giving me all I need...
I wouldnt mind if they are more professional and friendlier. But as long as they are dirt cheap, it works for me.

Its a company you shouldnt invest to much into. And always back urself up :-DD

Ps: watch out. When you pay stuff in advance to get extra 3 month, they never been setted correctly!!! I always needed to inform them, that I paid in advance and want my extra month. They always adjusted it, but not without asking/telling!!

Representatives are readily avaliable but be prepared for a terrible experience. You would do better chatting witth a bot...

By Luis O.
Questions? Get answers from the Web Hosting World staff and other customers.

2 Photos for Web Hosting World