Wallpaperwebstore.co.uk

Wallpaperwebstore.co.uk has a consumer rating of 1 star from 1 review indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Wallpaperwebstore.co.uk ranks 123rd among Home Improvement Other sites.

How would you rate Wallpaperwebstore.co.uk?

“This is not a UK-based company and will charge you hidden customs duties”

Barbara T.
6/1/21

I recently purchased wallpaper from www.wallpaperwebstore.co.uk. I checked the website for delivery and charges and found "free delivery" and "No delivery charges" stated in numerous places. I could find no postal address or head office address but as it was a. co.uk website without any declaration that this was not UK based, I placed the order. On receiving my invoice, I was shocked to see this is a Holland based company and was even more shocked to receive a customs demand from Parcelforce to receive my package. I called the company to be told they have no duty to inform me they aren't UK based and customs duties (which they are fully aware of) will be charged. They also said "its not their fault we left the EU". I am therefore left to pay for customs import duties that I was never aware would be applied and I feel this should be declared on their website. Even worse, the company incorrectly declared the value to be Euros 414.99 rather than the Euros 274.86 I actually paid and I was therefore incorrectly charged VAT on the incorrect value and not the actual value. Shockingly deceitful and arrogant company so don't be caught out like me: avoid avoid avoid!

barbarat935
June 1st, 2021
Verified purchase

Tip for consumers:
THIS COMPANY IS NOT UK BASED AND ALTHOUGH YOU THINK THE WALLPAPER MAY BE CHEAPER, THIS ISNT THE FINAL PROCE YOU'LL END UP PAYING ONCE CUSTOMS DUTIES AND VAT ARE APPLIED. THE COMPANY WILL ALSO OVER-INFLATE THE VALUE SO YOU PAY MORE VAT THAN YOU SHOULD BE.

Products used:
Ordered Wallpaper

Questions? Get answers from the Wallpaperwebstore.co.uk staff and other customers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wallpaperwebstore.co.uk?

Have a question about Wallpaperwebstore.co.uk?