Review of Us.we-wood

Lamporecchio, Toscana 51035, Italy
Tel: +1 909-799-7944

henryp61
5/10/18

Not only did they charge me a more than the grand total in the cart section, but they won't answer any emails or phone calls to even try to work with me. I wrote to them to cancel the order if they cannot give me the advertised price, but shipped it anyway and took my money.

jasmines52
10/20/17

Poor quality - here's why... The watch was a gift, and it was the wrong size, so it sat in its original box. Somehow, the hands of the watch fell off while protected in its box! How a watch breaks while its not even being used is a mystery.

Wewoods customer service seems good, they offered to repair the watch *if I ship it over and pay for the shipping* so they have potential in making up for it. Although, I'd rather just be sent a new watch and not have to go through the hassle!

barneyr16
4/14/17

Thought battery was dead. Jeweler looked and the gears were broken inside. Cannot return. Stay Away! Great concept, poor quality.

michellek103
12/29/16

tl;dr: Watch received did not look like watch advertised. They claim that the quality of the watch I received was typical. Buyer beware.

I bought the Assunt Watch in the colour Nut as an anniversary gift for my boyfriend. When I received the watch I noticed that it looked really washed out - so washed out that some of the minute marks on the watch were undetectable. Also the second hand is half painted pink while the rest of it was unpainted silver which struck me as really odd.

I emailed them outlining the issues along with personal photos I took of the watch I received. Their response was "Not all watches are going to be the exact color as the picture on the website" and offered me an exchange.

I understand that wood watches are not going to have the same pattern or exact shade due to the nature of natural wood but the watch was so washed out that it look significantly different than advertised and has lost functionality with some of the minute marks essentially missing. They never offered an explanation about the half painted second hand. They claimed that all their Assunt Nut watches in their inventory looked like that. Apparently the discrepancy between the watch advertised and the watch I received was considered normal.

I was refused a refund because I bought the watch at 30% off during the Black Friday sale. At this point I wish I bought it at full price just so I can get a refund now. I have essentially spent good money on a watch that I cannot gift away due to its low quality.

I have turned down the exchange as they don't seem to see anything wrong with the watch and that doesn't exactly inspire confidence. I'm not interested in a different watch model and I don't see a point in exchanging for the same model when all "other Assunt Nuts in stock the watches all look the same".

You can make the decision yourself with the photos below of the advertised watch vs the watch I received. Buyer beware.

jamesh285
3/31/16

I purchased a watch from wewood in December of 2015. I was a little bit concerned about the of the reviews that I had read online but I decided to give them a chance since of course they are the original wood watch company and no one else offers the collection they do. I have now had the watch for almost 4 months a good amount of time to be able to give my real opinion on my watch. I purchased the Kappa Nut and I must say that it is even more beautiful in person then it was when I was it on the website. It is light weight and super cool! I had to get a few links removed to have it fit right but man oh man was it awesome. Everywhere I wear the watch I get lots of compliments and people are always asking me where i purchased it and shoot them straight to WEWOOD! There service is also great I had called in to ask a few questions about treatment on my watch and they helped me out every step of the way! Even gave me a discount offer for a future order. Overall I am happy with my experience with WEWOOD!!!!

Tip for consumers: Purchase the link removal tool with your order

janw51
1/11/16

Weeks have gone by and I'm still waiting for them to "find" the watch I returned. In every communication with this company I am getting the run around. No return instructions are included in the box so they can dupe you into returning the product as you normally would for any reputable company. Then, as the weeks pass and you inquire about the return they tell you that a special return # is needed or they won't accept the return. So now I'm stuck in limbo, where they won't accept my package yet they won't return it either. Do not do business with this company.

christinaq1
9/23/15

I was so excited about the opportunity to own a We-Wood watch. I received one as a gift last Christmas. After wearing it for a day, the pin (connecting the face to the band) fell out and I had to send it back to We-Wood for repair. They lost the watch and I didn't receive a replacement until over 6 months later. After I received the replacement, it broke in the exact same way within a day's time. When I called for a refund, I was told that the amount of time since the original purchase meant I was ineligible for a refund-- despite the fact that they lost the original watch I sent back for repair! I've now spent nearly $50 trying to repair both defective watches and I am having an impossible time reaching customer support. Buyer beware!

marks60
5/24/12

We-Wood is a calfornia based company that makes wooden watches, and plants a tree for every order placed. I cannot review a product yet, as I have not received anything but problems since placing my order over a month ago. Money was taken out of my account, and orders are said to arrive within 5-10 business days. After that period I emailed them asking for any update on my order, as I had not received any confirmation email whatsoever, and was replied to three days later with an email saying that there was a problem with my order and I had to call them.I did so, was told the problem was because I had recently moved and that the address given was not matching the account given, heard something about a form and my watch would be shipped after thats taken care of, and was hung up on. A week later, I receive an email saying my order has been cancelled at my request. I am currently waiting for a reply back yet again. My complaint summed up is this-when a problem occurs with my order, they keep my money and do not inform me of the problem, I have to go to them.When I go to them they tell me the problem will be fixed and then my order is cancelled. Yet the whole time they lack the communication skill to assist me, I am getting ads sent to my email for new watches and specials. I suggest avoiding this site altogether.

Questions? Get answers from the Us.we-wood staff and other customers.

3 Photos for Us.we-wood