China Eastern Airlines reviews

mulax@chinaeastern-usa.com

1 Review From Our Community

kimberlyj12
7/3/15

I wasn't allowed on my flight from Shanghai Pudong Airport because the China Eastern staff are idiots, including their manager. Even though I had my "on arrival passport" document and got the manager to speak with the embassy staff to say the document is fine to board, the idiots at the desk were stubborn, rude and arrogant enough to tell me I was still denied and that they don't believe the embassy contact on the phone. I paid $2000 on a travel ticket and lost a day due to their staff's inability to do their work. I also lost over $4000 on tour, accommodation and travel costs due to their incompetent staff. The worst was this trip was 1 year in the making and was great up till this point at China Eastern's desk.

I also noted that they also treated the other foreign customers with a similar disdain while their treatment of Chinese customers was much more sincere and helpful.

China Eastern is one of the worst in terms of staff and their knowledge of travel. If these people are working in the international desk then they should change their attitude and try to be helpful, instead of simply saying "you have no right to board this plane" and then go off to laugh about it.

When I called headquarters, the representative actually took all the information and made it a high priority case and offered me a seat on the next day's flight. They never got back to me about all the expenses that I lost due to their incompetence, but as it was a very special vacation I was trying my best to not let it affect my vacation.

They have not only lost me as a return customer, but also my friends and family. This will probably not change anything, but I will definitely spend a week letting others know to be careful with the Shanghai International desk staff as they are all unfit for their job.

Questions? Get answers from the China Eastern Airlines staff and other customers.

China Eastern Airlines?