Review of Unlocking.com

419 Lafayette Street
New York, New York 10003, United States

gislis
2/15/17

...when I read all the reviews here after I had paid for the unlock fee for my ZTE phone.
I got the code after 4 hours, not 1-10 minutes like it said on the page, but in their defence it was in the middle of the night.
The code worked perfectly.
I hope that the people here know that phones usually lock after 10 unsuccessful tries, and after that you need a massive repair to fix the phone. A code will do you no good at that point.

ronie7
3/9/16

They are so unprofessional!!!! They never once answered the phone and I called multiple times and at all different times. The only response I received was email and it took them DAYS to reply back. On top of all of that the code didn't work and when I told them that, they blamed it on me, argued with me and refused to refund me my money, even though their website says "Money back guaranteed". I have never before received such bad customer service and I wish I could rate them lower than one star. You will have better luck calling your carrier and having them unlock your phone for FREE just like I did!

sindijse
2/2/16

Do not trust them. No money refund! No working codes. Cheaters!:(

monteea
12/3/15

I've been without my fone for 7days and rreceived a code that doesn't work
I've called several times and cannot get in touch with anyone. Waste of 24.99.

gilbertm29
11/14/15

actually The Unlocking Company is one of the most expensive out there but I thought I would try them--8 days later nothing--so much for "fast". customer service non-existent so far--tried by phone, email and live chat -- nothing. Never received anything for my money $16.99

kolh1
11/2/15

I received the code quickly but it didn't work...
No Answer, unhelpful...
Horrible Company!

amandas97
8/13/15

They don't unlock your phone, unhelpful, and rude. HORRIBLE company, stay away!!

fongk
1/18/15

I have a receipt from them, but they never render the service and no code was sent to me after 5 days.
I am in overseas and dire to use my phone and this is really a waste of time.

I should have check the review before I even subscribe.

marcosp5
10/12/13

Not a SCAM! I just unlocked my second phone with them and my phones where unlocked successfully. They just have so many customers so it takes awhile until they reply with a message. But it is a legit company.

srikanthp
9/29/13

This seems to be scam..they din't send me the code and i had to dispute the transaction...just waste of time and effort..

nickt19
4/2/13

Provided precise instructions (you must follow them carefully) so that I was able to unlock my Samsung Galaxy phone. The time taken to get back to me was very good, with the whole thing taking less than 3 hours (not the weeks being suggested by Orange).

andresm22
3/4/13

Just like everyone else on this site, I can tell you this website is a scam!

norag2
1/20/12

sucks. use a different provider. Some of them are great. Sadly, this was one of the worst I have experienced.

stephenk4
4/5/11

Received an unlock code quickly but it didn't work.

davem13
3/14/11

Awesome. Code delivered instantly.

ivanl1
3/10/11

THIS IS A SCAM !!!, Don'd use it.
They say they provide the unlock codes within one day but after 5 days I don't have anything. I have sent several emails to their "support" and I have no reply.

Avoid that site!

garyb9
9/11/10

Agreed with the above posters. Paid via Paypal and, despite being promised a 'typical 1-day turnaround' I waited 10 days.
I sent a few emails to their customer service email address, all of which came back with an automated response (but from different names!).
I finally received a 'code', but no instructions on how to use it. After a little Googling I did find out how to input the code, but it didn't work anyway - surprise!

This is an example of the worst kind of scamming opportunists. AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!

sprxn
6/15/10

This site is from a company called UniquePhones. IT IS A SCAM. You'll give them your money, as soon as you do that they send you an email and they try to scam you telling your there has been a problem and then they TRY TO TAKE MORE MONEY FROM YOU,

I just fell the first time, never got any unlocking code, just a lighter wallet.

Do not make business with those thiefs.

jaclync1
6/11/10

This website promised a 6-12 hour delivery and I have been now waiting 10 days!!! this is ridiculous! I have received 0 Customer Support they just keep giving me the run around I have written emails after emails to the support agents but I have yet to be given an answer. All I want is a code to unlock my phone!!!!! This is such a BAD SITE DONT USE IT!!!!!

Questions? Get answers from the Unlocking.com staff and other customers.

Unlocking.com?