This website seems to be closed. Find similar businesses

Travelocity.ca

Travelocity.ca has a consumer rating of 1 star from 2 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Travelocity.ca ranks 217th among Travel Other sites.

How would you rate Travelocity.ca?

“"Bait and Switch" pricing and no customer support”

Fred P.
12/26/16

I tried to book a flight on Dec. 20,2016 for March 7,2017 from Sarasota FL to Montreal return in Canadian dollars. I found an acceptable flight and price of $715. I clicked on complete booking and received a pop-up that price had been reduced to $654 and asked me to complete booking at that price. I immediately clicked on complete booking at $654 and immediately a pop up announced the price had now changed to $825. This sounded completely insane. I then called customer support where I was told response time was 3 minutes. After a 20 min. Wait I hung up and called again then the recorded message said wait times were 6 minutes. I held for 30 minutes and hung up. I then called the airline direct and booked the flight for $415 US which is about $553 Canadian funds. Questionable business practices and poor customer support saved me $272 Canadian and cost travelocity a regular customer of many years. I suggest you book directly with airline.

fredp51
December 26th, 2016
staceyl9
April 21st, 2014
I travel internationally 3-4 times per year and this was my first time booking with Travelocity> not because I was skeptical, just because I have always found a better deal elsewhere. This time, Travelocity had the best deal so without thought, I booked a cruise as well as airfare. This was the ABSOLOUTE WORST booking experience I have ever had with any agency. This is a terrible company, they glorify their website promising you the sun, moon and stars yet when you call for any assistance, they cannot help you. When a cruise is booked through a travel agency of any kind, the only persons authorized to make adjustments and further requests are those who work with the Travel agency. The first Customer service rep I spoke with, regarding travel credits I was to be awarded, was rude and condecending, he just did NOT want to help me. He told me it was too late to request the credits and I am out of luck (this was ONE DAY AFTER I BOOKED! How could that be too late?) As I questioned him more, he offered to put in the request for me and 'apperently' did so while I was on the phone with him. He told me that these requests to to a different department and he will not be able to tell me if it is approved or not. I later went online myself seeking the link to submit this request since the one emailed to me DID NOT WORK, once found, I submitted the request multiple times to be sure that they have received something> because there is no confirmaiton number provided, there was no way for me to prove that the request was submitted. As my vacation was approaching and with many other various questions I had, i called the customer service a few other times but at no point and with NO rep, was I able to get an answer to my questions> I can honestly say that all reps i spoke to were the DUMBEST travel agents I had ever spoken to, not to mention how rude and unhelpful they all were. I resorted to calling the Cruise line myself and after explaining the turmoil I was going through with the 'travel agency' the Cruise reps were happy to help me although they are not supposed to. Days before my trip, after submitting some nasty feedback on their site, I received a call from 'someone' asking if all my issues had been resolved to which i responded 'yes, but with no help of travelocity, your reps need to be better educated and trained on how to handle all vacation requests'. Noticing that 'travel credits' still were not awarded on my cruise account, i called back the number I received the phone call from earlier but there was no answer. I submitted another feedback request on their site and received an email back asking when it would be a good time to reach me by phone> I answered the email immediately and for 2 days, NO ONE CALLED ME. I submitted another feedback request as welll as emailed the customer service dept multiple times thereafter and still no response. My other concerns were issues with my flight, after being on hold with a rep for 10minutes they came back with, what I learned later, false informaiton. The rep had no clue what my baggage allowance would be, what terminal I was departing from or what airline desk I would be checking in with at the airport (none of these details available on my email confirmaiton or Eticket). My flight was booked with Air Transat but the carrier was Canjet, by the Travelocity rep, I was told that I would still check in with Air Transat as that is who I was booked with... but realizing how unsure the rep was about everything else, I called Air Transat myself to verify and they confirmed that I would be checking in with Canjet NOT them as the 'travel agency' said.

9 days later, my vacation is over and went very smoothly thanks to my own initiatives and the help of the carriers.
I still did not recieve my travel credits and Travelocity has never called me or responded to my emails. I will never be booking with them again and will be sure to warn all my friends and family not to book with them either.

Questions? Get answers from the Travelocity.ca staff and other customers.

Wander Wisely With Travelocity's Customer First Guarantee. Book Today & Save!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Travelocity.ca?

Have a question about Travelocity.ca?