Review of TravelChannel

TravelChannel reviews

Tel: 2016. 960 1280

bernanr
5/24/19

I'm so sick and tired of the paranormal junk that's taken over the entire Travel Channel. I used to always turn to this channel when I would turn on the tv. I miss watching all of the real travel shows like No Reservations, Bizarre Foods, etc.. This channel has turned into my least favorite.

lorin81
5/19/19

LOVE Jack and Katrina, love the show...however, GREATLY DISLIKE that the crew gets involved; verbally and on camera. The Producer is always interrupting - she is very annoying! Crew interaction RUINS the show. For this reason, I won't watch the show. So sad

garyb460
5/15/19

TERRIBLE travel channel has nothing to do with travel anymore only stupid shows on ghosts and aliens have not watched in months

chrisj351
5/8/19

It used to be my favorite channel when it had shows about travel like expedition unknown and bizarre foods but now it's just ghost shows all year round which sucks and has nothing to do with travel, if I wanted to watch a ghost show I'd watch it on destination America, it seems like discovery is becoming the "new travel channel" but it's not as good as it used to be. travel channel has really gone down hill and it's very upsetting.

markl738
5/5/19

Used to love watching the Travel Channel especially Samantha Brown because she could show you alternative places to go and show alternative ways to travel that didn't cost a fortune. Sadly the only place you can find her now is selling her luggage on QVC or somewhere. Used to leave this channel on all day Saturday and Sunday always had something interesting to watch about travel, yes, travel on the Travel Channel who would have thought. I don't understand how people can watch these Expedition shows thinking that he's really going to discover something because he never does. I love when they say we just arrived yet there's a camera watching the trucks arrive oh, so fake and so set up with camera angles a dramatic face shots. If you have any experience or knowledge of how digs are done at sites it's cringe-worthy when you watch them on the show. About the only thing worth watching is one of Wildman's various show incarnations. However he has been reduced to walking through a set and talkin for 30 seconds before the show. He used to actually be on the show the whole time it was much more interesting. While watching one of his shows I saw the previews for this Jack Osbourne paranormal show which looks absolutely mind-boggling stupid. Yet again they think we want to watch the untalented spawns of Ozzy Osbourne doing their untalented best to do nothing for money. Really really miss the travel shows, they should change the name to " we don't care, we'll throw an old crap on that has nothing to do with travel chanel".
And don't get me started on HGTV, an entire weekend of Fixer-Upper seriously and now they're going to have their own channel and do away with a the DIY channel that's already pretty good. The corporations that own these channels are so out of touch it's all about money money money and I guess there's enough brain-dead people to watch the stuff they're putting on, so I give up.
Look there's a ghost in the corner or yes she's hanging another rusted bicycle, clock and letters on the wall ? Oh boy get the popcorn !

rockh4
5/4/19

They need to re-name this channel to anything else, because there isn't really anything pertaining to travel. I watch HGTV which is interesting when they go to places around the world for homes. So, I thought I would check out the Travel Channel to watch some shows about travel. Oh, except there are none. All I see are shows about food (don't we have that covered with The Cooking Channel and The Food Network?) and paranormal/ghosts (once again, aren't those already covered on other channels like SyF))? There are not nearly enough travel shows. I have to go to YT to see places I would like to visit. How about a show called "Today we are Visiting _________(fill in the blank)." And then show someone traveling to amazing places around the world and show what you can do and see there. Otherwise, you should just re-name the channel.

ronc261
5/3/19

You have turned one of the best channels on cable to probably the worst. I miss the real travel shows with Anthony Bordain, Jack Maxwell, Andrew Zimmern, Samantha Brown, etc. Will never watch it again with what you have on now. What genius decided to destroy your brand?

annas397
5/3/19

Ghost Bait is not only the worst show ever I find it actually irresponsible in a way that they can mentally harm people and they are not qualified to subject anyone to this crap. Ghost or no ghost, the mental aspect of the stupid burlap over the heads is just a deliberate way of creating terror and in no way helps people accomplish anything but a mental imprint of fear. Very sad that the Travel Channel dug up this show. Time to bury it for good.

jamess1699
5/2/19

I wasted 30 minutes of my life that I will never get back watching Ghost Bait.This has got to be one of the most lam Paranormal Shows that I have ever watched. It is boring, silly,not enough to keep my interest.

michelea84
4/28/19

To be honest, there was a time where all I watched was The Travel Channel, I loved exploring new cities/countries/foods/ cultures etc and enjoyed the hosts and programming. Now I can't remember a time I planned to watch it. All it shows are Ghosts hunting and paranormal activity--- that have nothing to do with TRAVEL (unless you're travelling in a cemetery). There can't be that many mindless idiots out there who watch that trash ???
Is there any chance of bringing real travel back to The Travel Channel ??

lisac827
4/27/19

Other than Ghost Bait which is ridiculous, i love all the paranormal shows!!! Travel channel is my favorite because of this reason!° keep up the good line up!!! Woo hoo!!!!

tempeb1
4/22/19

While I understand how others dislike the current ghost platform on the network...even that does ebb and flow over time...But I find it hard to give ratings to any channel that promotes Fox "news"...seriously....you shouldn't take it there

olanc
4/20/19

I use to watch the Travel Channel to see different cultures and countries to possibly visit.
Now all you see is paranormal and ghost. It may be popular to the weak minded and it may need its own channel but the Travel Channel was for travelars and those interested in different cultures.
Please bring back the REAL Travel Channel.

tw444
4/15/19

What does a haunted house have to do with traveling? Please bring back water parks traveling destination barbecues.

davida840
4/14/19

Would that really be a new season or old reruns full of tweets and non interesting commentary for morons called "pulses". I feel bad for people missing the travel in travel channel...buy i love the paranormal...so....lets continue traveling there.

marym1298
4/11/19

This show is full of lame ass ideas and terribly horrendous acting. I had high hopes that Ghost Adventures was real and we only watched Ghost adventures and no other fake paranormal shows that other networks put out. But I am second guessing everything after watching 1 episode of Ghost bait. It's so fake it's sickening. At least you could have gotten better actors.

kimh430
4/5/19

I seriously cannot believe that you Deliberately didn't promote, or advertise the beginning of Paranormal Lockdown, then you cancel it?! Why because of Zak?! Or some other idiot who didn't like Nick? Honestly you made a Huge mistake there. And lost so many viewers in the process! As for Zack's show? Totally disgusted with his behavior And especially that he fakes evidence!!! Yup the majority of his FORMER fan base knows All about that. So why watch something that could very probably be fake. Nick n Katrina had a great repore together. And their show was totally believable and they were respectful of the spirits they encountered. Quite frankly, that was one of the main reasons that I switched my dish package to include your channel so I could watch it! And now you put on this STUPID ghost bait in place of it?! What a freaking joke! The show is SO lame! Already know what's going to happen after just one episode! The Only shows left that I am willing to watch is Dead Files because Amy is the real deal. And Kindred spirits because they truly want to help people. U mess with those shows and I will save myself some money and drop your stupid channel. U don't simply take off a great show just because of some person doesn't like another. Not only is it bad for business, but for crying out loud, act like professionals! U aren't in elementary school anymore! What a waste of a great show over petty bull$#*!! Grow up!!!!

jeffk292
4/5/19

No travel no information just actors re enacting supposedly haunted locations.
I would love to know more about the Citys or Towns the "Haunted" place is but alas that would be to much like travel.

kylec149
3/27/19

It is absurd to conclude you can move a 1 ton stone on log rollers, the same as a actual 25 ton stone would be moved. It asinine to mathematically come to this conclusion...

felicaw1
3/25/19

What in the world happened to the Travel Channel? The Travel Channel is not about travel. Meditate on that for a while. I would say let it simmer, but that would cause the Travel Channel executives to jump on another food show. I would say that the channel is a skeleton of its former self but I'm afraid that would lead to more paranormal crap. So, the Travel Channel is not about travel. It's so sad. Turn to this channel during prime time and you will not find anything about people or about cultural experiences in far-away lands. You will not find information about exotic places to consider for your next vacation. Nor will you see beautiful vistas, mountain ranges or inter-coastal waterways. You certainly will not experience
St. Katherine's Monastery in the Sinai Region of Egypt, or the style and grace of Indonesian women, or life on the streets of Mumbai. There are no explorations of beautiful shrines, temples, synagogues, mosques, or churches. No Aborginnes explanation of The Dreaming will be found. If you want to learn more about winter retreats in Canada or the Netherlands, do not turn to the Travel Channel. Don't expect to see anything about tropical rainforests either. To be sure, viewers cannot live vicariously through the lens of the Travel Channel. So, Travel Channel, what's the problem? Can you not find show hosts who will take us there? Have you lost your vision for the channel? More importantly, have you forgotten about all of us who loved the early years of the Travel Channel? Hey, if you need a visionary, a chief strategist, a researcher, or a show host, please contact me. You have crapped long enough; now, it's time to get off of the pot.
Peace,
Felica Wooten Williams, PhD

kennethg142
3/23/19

used to like this channel was one of my go toos and now all ghost stories and crap come on have some change is you programming. So now you have become 0 on my fav list gone. Sorry done with the travel channel

jimy41
3/23/19

Travel Channel has descended to a stupid, inane channel nothing to do with Travel at all. It's a forum to watch idiotic topics concerning what they consider supernatural subjects and content. It should no longer be titled Travel Channel since the content has nothing to do with channel. Whoever took it over is basically stupid. I'm sure it's trying to attract a certain audience but I bet if they had the guts to show ratings it would probably be less than half what it once was before going this route.

colleenw54
3/19/19

It's boring now and I don't watch it any longer. I agree with PJM. What happened to Andrew Zimmern?
CW

shantas9
3/17/19

The glory days when Samantha Brown would take us in a travel adventure around the world are over. Please put that horrible show line up on the Disovery Channel and Food Network where it belongs and bring back world travel, dream vacations and cultural getaways.

angelan92
3/15/19

There us no new episodes from ghost adventures you just change the title and rerun thats horrible make new episodes

31 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

It is all about the ratings. Tv programs live and die by the ratings.

By James S.

I agree with you absolutely! That's exactly why I left a review. Paranormal Lockdown should Never have been cancelled!!;

By Kim H.

yes they think we are all stupid! and we must be stupid to let them think that we are stupid.

By jen j.

Questions? Get answers from the TravelChannel staff and other customers.

4 Photos for TravelChannel