Travel.State.gov reviews

NPIC@state.gov

1 Review From Our Community

jasong44
4/23/15

Before I jump into this, I must let the customer in on a few facts:
a) I was born in the Canal Zone in the early 70's to a military family.
b) Both Mother and Father are born in the U.S.
c) I was a military veteran of 5 years, honorably discharged.
d) 18 year law enforcement officer.
e) No legal issues at present or the past.
f) All money was paid up front.
g) I had in my possession a valid drivers license, social security card, a birth certificate, and a certified copy of my certificate of live birth.

What I will tell you is this. When you deal with the State Department prepare to dig in for a VERY LONG ordeal. The process is a shining example of just how broken our government agencies really are. You will be forced to endure and witness incompetency as well as a broken website. I will challenge any reader to find me a specific telephone number to a State Department Office. The have only one (1) main number and it takes you to a contractor. If you must send additional documentation as I did after being thoroughly vetted by the US Postal Service (Explain that one to me please,) You then begin to play the waiting game. If you were lucky enough to ring the bell the first time out, good on you! I was not so fortunate. I was told I needed additional documentation. Long story short and $238.78 bucks later, I still am nowhere near closer to receiving my passport. The process began on February the 10th of this year, and continues today. The government loves other peoples money, but does not have the ability to operate this bureaucratic monstrosity. Only advice I can give is, bring a lot of patience. I pray you weren't born abroad or you are in for a very mind numbing maze of paperwork.

See my review of the Social Security Card for further adventures of, "Toast tries to get a replacement Social Security Card."

Questions? Get answers from the Travel.State.gov staff and other customers.

Travel.State.gov?