Travel.State.gov

Travel.State.gov has a consumer rating of 1 star from 6 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Travel.State.gov ranks 25th among Passports sites.

How would you rate Travel.State.gov?

“WHY CAN'T YOU RENEW YOUR PASSPORT ONLINE?”

Ryan R.
7/27/21

The renewal process is extremely outdated and difficult. It currently requires physical printing on regular and glossy paper and snail mailing forms across the country and takes 18 weeks to renew. In-person appointments are reserved only for emergencies. Please make an online renewal form! This could make things easier for applicants as well as government workers.

ryanr623
July 27th, 2021

natalyal8
May 28th, 2021

It's impossible to call them. Nobody pick up the phone. Rude customer service. Pretend they didn't receive an application, but cashed my check that was in the same envelope and lost my child old passport. Nobody knows how to help. Hire new people who wants to work. Lazy workers that not help.

natalym8
June 1st, 2020

So many things they can still process in this crisis many documents to process no need to have the applicant at the office. So come on stop with the nonsense of covid 19, they process payment very quick to send your documents very slow and delay of few months unfair.

douglask
September 5th, 2021

I am renewing a heavily used passport. The passport lead times are ridiculous and this is being nice. I have already had to cancel two trips and another trip coming in two weeks. Expedited service is like dealing with a drug dealer. You pay almost $100.00 to get no guarantee that anything will be expedited. You have to cut and paste an email and than add your charge card information to an email. This is 1990 technology and we wonder why identities get stolen.

Once they receive your document, mine took 9 weeks, and after reviewing your documents the site states it might take 6 more expedited weeks to package your new passport and an additional 6 weeks to mail it. This is the expedited service

Tip for consumers:
Pan on 6 months or more

Products used:
Its a passport

lisan222
July 30th, 2019

The government employees are so unwilling to help people or do there jobs in a timely manner. They have forgotten who pays there salaries. It is so unfortunate that someone
Sitting behind a desk on a computer can cause so much stress for another person and try
To upset someone's vacation or plans. Some of the rudest people.

jasong44
April 23rd, 2015

Before I jump into this, I must let the customer in on a few facts:
A) I was born in the Canal Zone in the early 70's to a military family.
B) Both Mother and Father are born in the U.S.
C) I was a military veteran of 5 years, honorably discharged.
D) 18 year law enforcement officer.
E) No legal issues at present or the past.
F) All money was paid up front.
G) I had in my possession a valid drivers license, social security card, a birth certificate, and a certified copy of my certificate of live birth.

What I will tell you is this. When you deal with the State Department prepare to dig in for a VERY LONG ordeal. The process is a shining example of just how broken our government agencies really are. You will be forced to endure and witness incompetency as well as a broken website. I will challenge any reader to find me a specific telephone number to a State Department Office. The have only one (1) main number and it takes you to a contractor. If you must send additional documentation as I did after being thoroughly vetted by the US Postal Service (Explain that one to me please,) You then begin to play the waiting game. If you were lucky enough to ring the bell the first time out, good on you! I was not so fortunate. I was told I needed additional documentation. Long story short and $238.78 bucks later, I still am nowhere near closer to receiving my passport. The process began on February the 10th of this year, and continues today. The government loves other peoples money, but does not have the ability to operate this bureaucratic monstrosity. Only advice I can give is, bring a lot of patience. I pray you weren't born abroad or you are in for a very mind numbing maze of paperwork.

See my review of the Social Security Card for further adventures of, "Toast tries to get a replacement Social Security Card."

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Travel.State.gov staff and other customers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Travel.State.gov?

Have a question about Travel.State.gov?