Review of Trails.com

Tel: +1-310-395-6249
customerservice@trails.com

paisleym
7/16/15

Went online to book a hotel, since Trails.com had an 'internet sale' and it was the best price I found. Had to sign up for the 14 day trail, which I did. When I put in the hotel info, instead of the price I was quoted before membership, I got one $5 more and instead of queen bed it was a double bed! I went back in history and booked it at the lower price. When I got the confirmation from the hotel I was charged $31 more than the price of the room! I called the hotel, they told me to call Trails.com, called them and they told me a 3rd party books the room and to call them <hotel-rates.com> which I did. I was quite upset but the person I spoke to did credit me $20 but it was still more than it was supposed to be...so a word of caution DON'T BOOK A HOTEL ROOM THROUGH TRAILS.COM. It's 'bait and switch'. Hopefully I don't get charged the $49 'membership fee' as I cancelled immediately after resolving this nightmare.

johnh310
4/15/15

The Maps don't/won't Print. Trails.com doesn't know why. It's been three weeks & they have only responded to my repeated requests 3 times & NO help. All the issues are from their website.

Don't waste your money. Go to: http://store.usgs.gov/b2c_usgs/usgs/maplocator/%28ctype=areaDetails&xcm=r3standardpitrex_prd&carea=%24ROOT&layout=6_1_61_48&uiarea=2%29/.do & get your maps for FREE !!

Tip for consumers: Don't use this site !

adaml14
7/26/12

What a horrible waste of money. This site does not offer anything you cannot find for free with a simple google search. The site does not work well and the search results for activities is horrible. I was testing the site to see if it would give me information on well know fishing spots in Southern California and it had zero results. Simply pathetic.

allenl3
8/20/11

Nothing works on this web site. $50 a year for access to this site and it is broke most of the time.

ephraiml
5/2/10

It seems like it has a lot of very useful information. However, it is all behind a registration wall and users are forced to enter their credit card for a "free trial". I have no desire to add another monthly subscription that I never use to my monthly expenses. Very disappointing.

Questions? Get answers from the Trails.com staff and other customers.

Trails.com?