Review of Total Trivia

Independence, Kansas 67301, United States
support@totaltrivia.com

teresaf96
1/12/19

Why is it the buy it now on the jewelry so much when I found the same items on eBay for penny's on the dollar compared to your price.

Response from TotalTrivia T., Total Trivia Representative
Hi Teresa,

Thanks for reaching out, I'm happy to hear you're having fun playing Total Trivia
janeg199
10/27/18

Totally love this game!! Probably play it every day. One complaint - I received the Ashlynn Avenue gold-plated gemstone bracelet (the one with gemstones all around it) however it was broken!! Beautiful bracelet though!! Jane Grandstaff

kimberlys316
10/10/18

Stay away from TotalTrivia! I won 3 things in a row then had a charge on my credit card that I didn't make. So I reported it to my bank and the next morning I couldn't compete for anymore prizes I contacted them and they never responded. Plus still haven't received what I won

allysonp9
9/30/18

This dam guy wins 10 or more tournaments a day WTF ?! Something REALLY crooked or the developers need to work on making it fairer for other players, I mean why should I even show up if I already know paralingerx is gonna win anyway?!!!

jeffl250
9/16/18

Their are no bots on this site, it is all legit with real people like myself playing.
I have been playing like a maniac for 5 solid months, and their are many tricks and strategies used on this game.
It is hard work to keep up.
Their are no shortcuts to beating the people you are calling bots.
They are really professional trivia players.
You would not be able to compete against a professional sports player either, they are of this caliber.
You must be able to answer all the questions with out missing any.
You can build up your discount coupons by not trying to actually win the tournament but coming in the top 30 places.

Thats how these players have built up a lot of coupons.

My one suggestion is to implement a rule that is on deal dash and only permit someone to win an item every 7 days.

robbedb1
8/31/18

Take your time when you first start playing. Learn a quiz of your choice. Getting correct answers is really important.

Study the players, doing this can save you coupons and money. You don't want to go head to head with JonnyConnect, this guy never stops. Other players I've chosen to avoid are... 3rd-Leg, TheLionsDen4U, HAWKFICK, Kkenny1986, bdavenport2, Jerry19, kaytiephuong, crazy - Kath5001 and many others.

Do your homework and compile your lists. Figure out the best time to play.

Then spend a little $$$ and go for it!

Set a budget.

Have fun! You win.

TOTAL TRIVIA will ship, guaranteed!

edgarg28
8/23/18

No complaints. Very satisfied. Going to upgrade my purchase. Really worth it. This app is definitely on a whole different league compared to others I've played

josep143
8/18/18

Excellent work, very efficient very pleased with the rapid that acted my respect for the lord: Paul D

kellid16
8/3/18
• Updated review

Alright the ring came through! Awhile back, so I'm a bit late updating this review, but hey I'm here now to let everyone know that the ring did arrive and shipping didn't take long and of course the ring was very cute with the cutest little box and the cutest little bag. Now I did have an issue trying to win a $25 Target gift card and I think that's because I was trying for 2 different items at the same time because I did win another ring while trying for the gift card. Well I really wanted that gift card so I dumped all my tickets into it wasting almost 40,000 tickets. Started realizing im spending more trying to get the product then what its even worth. I got so upset with the whole thing that I contacted customer service and they refunded me a portion of what I lost. Which by the way they have really good customer service. They respond very quickly. You can receive they're response within the app itself which I do like a lot. About their "bots" they might be bots, hackers, or just plain ole people like you and me but only with a more serious Total Trivia addiction. The more you play the easier it gets. These "bots" have probably opened the game, been there since day one you never know. Total Trivia is denying they have bots and they're probably telling the truth. JonnyConnect is probably the highest player in the game.

“Thought it was going to be a scam.”
8/3/18
• Previous review

At first I was extremely confident in winning a $120 Ashlynn Avenue ring. Right when the ring flashed on the screen I clicked it and got in the lead and fought to stay in the lead so I started at the very beginning meaning I had 23 hours before I could actually win the item. I watched my notifications closely everytime someone got ahead before me I would immediately play and get back on top. Then midway into the day with about 8 hours left I decided out of the blue to Google on how to win in Total Trivia. Then as Im searching I come across review sites about Total Trivia and it wasnt looking good. I read at least 50 negative reviews then I started beating myself up for actually thinking I was going to win but didnt give up hope because I still had 8 hours left. Then I had read about how they allegedly use bots. Well these bots appear a lot Ive noticed but I dont really think they are bots, I think they are hackers who have hacked into the game. Which is a definite problem that really needs to be looked into. I saw one bot Johnny something he was in the lead for a $160 ring. Now according to the negative reviews I read about these bots they only go for the really expensive items not the cheaper ones. Back to the $120 ring. I had set an alarm and prepared myself for failure as the timer was counting down I was just waiting for someone to beat me and take the lead and to my surprise no one did and I had actually won the ring. I was in shock and still am a little. This all happened last night so I havent received the ring yet and will give 5 stars when I do get it. I hope it comes through.

betht74
7/31/18

I was super excited to download this game and I read the reviews and now I completely uninstalled it. It's a shame there are still scammers out there

lizab30
7/4/18

It all seems real at first and easy but its really a scam. They have bots like JonnyConnect who are just there to rob you of your money. It seems like every time youre in first until the last minute, then some person starts battling you for the item and you go into overtime and end up spending hundreds on tickets and boosters. If you want to actually win it will cost you so much in tickets and the items take forever to ship, sometimes they dont even come at all. If you dont want some scamming app to steal all your money fast I dont recommend using this app.

alexl232
6/27/18

you can win but may not receive the items. I won 3 rings but has not been shipped yet. 29 days and still counting... waiting for the items that I won. don't wast your money.
-Alex

windyk1
6/27/18

I previously wrote my honest experience about the total trivia and mentioned few things that I felt were wrong so, next day the account was blocked and I cannot log into the account. Stay away

ashelyo
6/23/18

i joined like 1 week ago and i don't think it's really fake. just go for the cheap stuff (you gotta be thankful, right?) and you might be able to win it.
i've only won a gift card but i have a tip that might help (don't judge me if i'm stupid i just started)
- complete missions to get more free tickets
-if it's take the lead in a tournament you'd obviously want to do a competition that just started lol
- try to stack up those tickets by doing the mission each day
- splurge on only one item that's cheap or something you want
- don't spend money lol, just try to win the item for free
- if you're in overtime and you have no more tickets to use, don't try to buy more tickets because you're gonna go broke
- do another round when you try to win something where your competitor has almost no time to react (like start the trivia when there's 2 min. left)
hope it helps

denysb1
6/8/18

Jonnyconnect, sgrignoris. and many more use multiple accounts... SAME NAME different pics. all bots that attack the first place and try to drive people up to 70k tickets or more depending on the item, he also plays in questionable tournaments where he would have to spend 20k tokens to get 10k, and he plays in EVERY TOURNAMENT 3x booster from 0 points to 20k pts and more. this guy is practically spending 20-100$a game to win only $10 hes fricken insane, this app is just a scam, its all jonnyconnect. and if its not jonnyconnect then its sgrignoris. if its not either of those 2. its some curly hair BLACK lightbulb.LITERALLY! so if u got fat bank accounts (I had 850k tickets) lost em all due to jonny connect, u would win 656k tickets on this item, he would be right with u driving up to ur max, and not to mention.. somehow as hes getting points in this tournament. hes getting points in 2 other tournaments (had 2 other devices open watching his accounts as I grew skeptical of him) so ye guys dont blow ur money or ur time. support team is friendly and quick to respond but why wouldnt u be when ur making hundreds of dollars a day?

jaredg30
6/6/18

Completely setup auctions with fake players. I wouldn't recommend this site to anyone. It's setup. It's fake and the people you're playing against don't exist or work for total trivia.

alext169
6/6/18

Man so many bots. In the heat of the moment, you keep on spending and spending. Those "overtimes" can drain your bank account in seconds.

alans291
6/4/18

I can buy anything I want with enough money .
If u enjoy gambling and possibly not winning anything then its alright . Trivia game that will let u know that a cow poops 16x a day . SMH
I BROKE ABOUT EVEN AFTER SPENDING ABOUT 700 DOLLARS . THEY WILL ENTICE U TO 1000'S . . GOOD LUCK !
LAS VEGAS GIVES HIGH ROLLERS FREE DRINKS TOO . BE CAREFULL AND SMART .
QUIT WHEN UR AHEAD !

bonniez7
5/29/18

Twice I have almost won and then the clock resets and I either have to give up or keep paying money to continue. I "almost " won twice (once a gift card and the other time luggage) and then in the last minute the clock resets. After paying cash to continue playing I tried to continue, but both times I lost by less than 100 points. After $100+ dollars and only winning $70 dollars worth of merchandise I gave up and consider it a scam.

anonymousg16
5/20/18

At first you will think it is the greatest app ever...then you realize the Bot, Jonnyconnect is running the show. I was restricted, after i referred several members, and saved up my tickets, and they gave me a phony email address to contact their "compliance" dept, which is nonexistant, so then i went to the Minnesota Better Business Bureau for answrrs, and was able to locate a phone number to Total Trivia. A week later...multiple phone calls, and still no explanation as to why my account was restricted, and no return call from anyone, such as the "manager" they mention will call me, has called. I am filing my complaint with the BBB in Minnesota. They must be stopped. It is modern day thievery. I will also be filing for tefunds on all the money I have spent. BTW, they restricted all my friends that I referred also...how is that right or fair? I call it stealing. No response to why, and no resolution. Buyers beware.

liza52
5/19/18

This game is basically gambling disguised as a trivia game. You can play for free up to a certain point, and then you have to use "coupons" to plan. In order to actually win something, you would need upwards of 200,000 coupons. You can earn coupons by playing and placing in tournaments, but it takes forever. The much easier option is to buy them-- $50 for 50,000 coupons. You can also refer a friend for 50,000 coupons, but they have to spend money before you get the coupons. If you have an addictive personality or competitive streak-- stay far, far away. You'll get caught up in trying to win and decide to buy coupons to keep playing, and before you know it, you're out $150 bucks. And if you don't win the tournament, you lose! You're just out the money. You can buy the item you were bidding on at full price to get your coupons back, but the items are way overpriced.

Also think the thing is rigged. The same two people (CASNBELLA and JONNYCONNECT) are always seen winning in tournaments. I don't know how they do it. Either they go through money like water, or Total Trivia is giving them free coupons to play and drive up the price of items. I emailed support about this and they said "No employee is allowed to play in tournaments," but I never said I thought it was an employee. I think they are giving certain players advantages to drive up the prices and get other players to purchase additional coupons.

SUMMARY: Don't bother bidding on anything unless you have 200,000+ coupons saved up, or you likely won't win. Also, don't play in a tournament where Casnbella or Johnnyconnect are playing. They'll play till the bitter end.
Don't be a sucker and sink $150 in coupons. Just play it patiently until you've earned 200,000 coupons (or more) for free, then play to win.

I won't be playing ever again.

I contacted support about an issue and accused them of rigging tournaments, and they closed my account.

davidr741
5/6/18

Like the app, the questions are fair, the strategy is intriguing, but certain people (prove to me they are not bots, or improvements can be made to see to it the result is not guaranteed) in the queue makes the app far less enjoyable than it could be.

It gets boring to compete if you are 99% sure that some people have 1,000,000 coupons and you have maybe 10k and those particular accounts that seemingly are on site 18/7, as if they are doing nothing else.

Either staying away from individual competitions because of the presence of certain people (bots?) or knowing you are not going to try to go all out, can't be good for site traffic. This creates a perception problem.

Improvements are needed. I don't know what would be great improvements, just they are needed.

samanthas178
5/4/18

I miss the way Total Trivia used to be. There use to be one tournament after the other, just minutes apart. It was exiting watching your points go up, and even more exiting when you won something. The speed of the tournaments were also what gave the game excitement. Now its just slow and boring. Now the only people winning anything are the veteran players. It wasnt even all about the winning. It use to be fun watching your points go up and juggling the tournaments that were coming to an end.
The game is not like it use to be. They just implemented more changes. Now theres only one daily tournament an hour. Its so competitive now that earning points is almost impossible. You can scrape a few here and there if your lucky but its nothing like it it use to be. Its gotten boring. Theres no exitment in watching your points stay about the same and waiting for a tournament to come to an end every 20 mintutes.
It was great while it lasted. Ive won some really great stuff but I havnt won anything since they made these changes.
I guess it was to good to be true.

ericj96
4/12/18

The best game ever with real prizes. It is fun to play when you know there is something tangible you are going to win at the end of the game.

caral26
4/11/18

Love this trivia. Only game app I use. Highly recommended for people that don't habe the time to sit on their phones all day but have a few moments of downtime and can answer a few questions here and there.

Helpful answer -2

HI Jennifer, Thanks for your review. We have made good steps in the past week towards fairer tournaments for all. No employees or bots play on TotalTrivia - each user is a real shopper like yourself. Please be aware that colluding in tournaments goes against the terms of use you agree to when you sign up. If you have any questions about this please email support@totaltrivia.com

By TotalTrivia T., Total Trivia Representative

Hi Linda, absolutely no players are working for Total Trivia. We take that kind of thing very seriously. This user is clearly very passionate about the game, and is making the most of the new 'exchange win for discount coupons' feature. We're currently working on finding the right exchange rates to promote balance and fairness across the tournaments. I thank you for bringing this to our attention, it will help our developers in their endeavours. If you need anything at all, please reach us on support@totaltrivia.com

By TotalTrivia T., Total Trivia Representative

At what point. There is a strategy if you are gold or platinum +. Free to 7195 single, triple(free for the boost), single (free for yakking on Facebook) that would be 12795 only spending 768 coupons. Win a big pot, exchange for coupons you can do this multiple times.

By David R.

First of all, you can win up to 200pts per question if you answer the question fast enough. That being said there are 5 questions for a maximum of 1000pts. You can boost x2 or x3, so if you double boost you can get 2000pts more or if you triple boost, you can get 3000pts more. When you do a fast track, it will jump you to the top, but 300 pts behind the leader. The best scenario would be to x3 boost for 1 coupon, then fast track it (300pts behind leader), then max out your trivia at 3000pts, putting you at 2,700 over the leader. GOOD LUCK!!

By Jaime G.

Hi Coleen, You can join as many tournaments as you like at any time. If you use up your discount coupons, they wont be replaced automatically. You'll have to purchase some from the store page. In the near future there will be a number of ways to earn them without spending money - keep an eye out for these!

By TotalTrivia T., Total Trivia Representative

Hi Becca, thanks for the question. They are only collected if a customer has won a combined retail value of $600, using only free Discount Coupons.

By TotalTrivia T., Total Trivia Representative

Hi Keith, The simplest way is to complete the daily challenges. You should see a pop up each day when you first login to the site or app, letting you know what the challenge is for that day. When you complete a daily challenge, you'll see another screen where you can claim the free discount coupons for that challenge. Let me know if you need any help with this at support@totaltrivia.com

By TotalTrivia T., Total Trivia Representative

Hello Bonnie, thank you for reaching out! Sometimes shoppers use boosters and fast tracks to rocket themselves into the lead. However, once a shopper gains the first place position they can no longer answer trivia in that tournament. This allows other shoppers the chance to catch up and makes things competitive! Good luck in your next tournaments!

By TotalTrivia T., Total Trivia Representative

Hi Jaime, Thanks for your question. We just launched the option to exchange items for discount coupons in the last few weeks. As such, our team is still running tests to find the optimum exchange rates for each item. The tournaments should be as fun and fair as possible in our view, so we are doing what we can to find the right balance. I appreciate that changing exchange rates may affect your strategy. If you need anything else feel free to reach out to support@totaltrivia.com

By TotalTrivia T., Total Trivia Representative

Hello, we're just starting out and are trying different levels to see what customers prefer. Right now the threshold is 6,000 but please be aware that is likely to change in the future.

By TotalTrivia T., Total Trivia Representative
Questions? Get answers from the Total Trivia staff and other customers.

17 Photos for Total Trivia