Review of Tom's Hardware

Tel: +1-310-558-9847
hello@purch.com

karusunek
8/29/18

Tom's Hardware has shifted from providing honest reviews and comparisons of hardware to pushing Nvidia's latest line of GPUs when they themselves haven't even benchmarked or tested them yet. When a company tells you they recommend you buy a product when they themselves couldn't have possibly tested it, you know that they cannot be a solid reference point. I would avoid this website at all causes. It'll never be able to restore confidence in their brand.

gordonq
1/21/18

too much sponsorship and biased/unreliable reviews, i guess it is not surprising after it was bought long time ago.

johnd929
12/31/17

The site isn't secure, those 5 star ratings are just multiple accounts and its forum aint helpful but full of spammers and scammers who tries to trick you to buying their items even though that you can speed up your computer manually by just following a youtube tutorial or by learning computer science.

I recommend that you should go shopping using your body not your phone and hands, so you can get help, assistance and get your work and problems done that using this site which was an ad all along.

loydc6
11/21/17

The site use to be great, I would read it every day. Now upon accessing the site it morphs into Shop Savvey page that is not worth my time to try and figure out.

gofaones
8/2/17

pliz i wnt to flash my samsung galaxy grand neo plus it needs firmware how can i download firmware i tried in google and fire fox it failed to download

kenb9
5/30/17

I made the mistake of Googling a fix for the chroma keyboard problem (chroma key effects freeze on Orbweaver and require a reboot to clear, a known bug with Razer software) and clicked on a link to Tom's Hardware. After only reading for 10 seconds the screen was interrupted with a notice stating that the site wanted me to share location information to continue viewing. I made the mistake at taking them at their word, DON'T CLICK ON THE BUTTON ALLOWING THEM INFORMATION!!! Just leave the site, quickly!

I made the mistake of trusting clicking yes and from that point on began having annoying popups appear in the bottom right hand corner of my Firefox browser with no apparent way of removing them. MalwareBytes, nor Kaspersky could find any trace of what appeared to be malware installed. Finally, I figured out on my own what had happened, though not how to permanently reverse what evil they had done.

Apparently they use a combination of cookies to track your movements on the web that transmits this information back to one of their servers that pushes ads over top of the page you are viewing. The use of a push server makes trying to find them a bit of a chore, they have also added keys in the Windows registry so that deleting and reinstalling Firefox will do no good. The only way I found to stop this nonsense was to do the following ...

1. Go to the three bars just under the red exit button at the upper right of the Firefox browser. Select "Options", on the left side menu, go to "Content". The third category down will be "Pop-ups", click the "Exceptions" button and in the dialog box that appears, delete any and all site URLs that have "tomshardware" in them.

2. Download AdwCleaner from MalwareBytes and install. Don't trust any third party sites, just go and install it and run a scan. It will find the crap in the Windows registry and in your AppData folder where the lowlifes from Tom's installed keys to "phone home". Delete these (AdwCleaner will do this for you).

3. Now we've eliminated the Tom's push server from the equation, unfortunately for us though the scumbags at Tom's have opened the door for other push servers (including this site) to interrupt our enjoyment of the web. That is where AdBlocker Ultimate (free) comes in. It is available via the "Add-ons", accessible in the same menu I refer to in step 1 to get to the "Options" in Firefox. Be forewarned, there are several add-ons that purport to block ads, the most prominent being "Ad Blocker", which is nothing more that a trojan that actually allows certain ads to always get through. Thank God I looked at the number of users, user reviews and the stellar rating the software had before installing.

It appears the popups are dead for the time being. As for Tom's Hardware, not only was the information that I was looking for bogus (clickbate?), but in Googling a fix for this problem guess what URL appears in over 3/4 of the "how to fix" links ... Tom's Hardware. The most often seen response, "Well you clicked on it!" Way to go you pond scum.

UPDATE: A few added notes to fix your Firefox browser. Clear any and all cookies with "ad" in the name (or for that matter, any you don't immediately recognize), and of course the "tomshardware" cookie(s). Just don't delete the ones for sites you regularly log in to. I also found the door they kicked open in my browser and how to close it, courtesy of "jscher2000".

There are two different preferences for notifications, a master switch, and one which is specific to background (web push) notifications that can appear after you leave the site which sends them.

(1) In a new tab, type or paste "about:config" in the address bar and press Enter/Return. Click the button promising to be careful.

(2) In the search box above the list, type or paste "webno" and pause while the list is filtered.

(3) To disable PUSH NOTIFICATIONS, double-click the "dom.webnotifications.serviceworker".enabled preference to switch its value from true to false -- sites can still generate desktop notifications while you have a tab open to the site

(4) To disable ALL NOTIFICATIONS, double-click the "dom.webnotifications.enabled" preference to switch its value from true to false -- this is a master switch, you won't get any desktop notifications from any sites.

goldenb19
5/28/17

My edit: I still stand behind my mad review. The more i researches the more i found out how biased tom's hardware is even their testing etc. I sit down at Linus Tech for the few post I have to offer. I still think places like gamers nexus or toms hardware are not so reliable, anyway that is not the point here it is about Toms hardware, and the childish behavior. Now a days everyone knows 'alot' about hardware and or software related 'theories' and benchmarks and IPC lol and so on. Well at Tom's Hardware you dont get that freedom to express yourself. The worst thing is, when you absolutely know people speak crap and you fix it or try to, you get banned or whatever. I am a gamer yes but alot more and gamers should game and not speak of technology you ruin our markets with the wrong set ups. This got pretry offtopic. My sugestion, stay away from toms hardware and find luck elsewere where people are allowed to think for theirselves.

Pre-edit: An out of hand ban, no reason no support and very unprofessional. I always had my doubts bout their help supports in terms of forum reactions. It seems they have a moderator that is 16. I highly recommend to not buy from here but elsewhere like new egg or such. And find professional help on other helpfull forums but toms hardware . I have the feeling that at toms hardware very ignorant friend politicians are going on. Very childish too i shall recommend my own clients to stay away from them and spread more review about toms hardware, and thatcsilky name behind it. Never in my internet life since internet became life, have i ever seen or experienced something like this on a forum. It makes me giggle and yet not, you just ruined my precious help for people. Have great day all and below is my email towards hello@pussssssss.com

Also shall Tom's Hardware be commerced by me onto my clients and my social network with this same message and negative review about the very unprofessional behavior towards other people who most likely are above the level of their mods and or rule makers and or technicians and even their mobile web building. Thank you for your understanding.

Signed: RV

------------------------------------------------------------------

Previous attempts to even react on Tom's Hardware were impossible (this is a forum attempt):

I placed comments and got acused of troll and therefor ban. Lol i feel sadly taken lightly here its a sad place. Acusing people of a troll....hey son i am not you kid dont you have manners? Its the most ridiculous forum move ive ever experienced in my life on the web lol. Also you mobile webpage sucks from many sides. Dont call ppl trolls, its as if your a team of 12 year old kids. I cant even find any clue to delete my account, even contacting toms hardware is so thought out that it became a stupid 'easy' walkthrough to contact toms hardware to delete my account inc my posts due of privacy laws. This is the most absurd forum and also very childish one ive ever been onto. How did you ever dare to call people a troll as reason, that is indication of childish behavior towards people who are not on level with 15 year old gamers who call everyone troll all day long. Take one from my ages tomshardware, 'your mom' . Not only do you insult people but also, i have put time and information in what i replied to people just to be trash talked by a moderator with the word 'troll' and that only shows how highly unprofessional Toms Hardware is. Terrible....i will spread it out to my clients, and have a very well spread negative review about Toms Hardware on the web and social networks. Have a great day kids...yuck

robertv43
4/23/16

Good support, like it.

aliceb83
2/24/16

Had a computer problem and got help very fast!

tonyh65
2/14/16

Although i prefer ordering from another website, the reviews here might be helpful

tomasr19
2/5/16

When i need new part to my desktop, im looking for review

sarahj123
2/2/16

I've always used this site to check out any new products I'm looking to buy. I think the articles are well written and very in depth and would recommend it to any tech savvy consumer looking for good reviews :)

briannew1
1/27/16

I had some problem with my PC, and all I think that I had to buy again - new one! My friend recommend this site and totally they fix it. Great and love their service.

justing45
12/15/15

The computer arrived fast, the communication was great, love your service!

bertc15
11/30/15

10/20/14

It's one of the finest websites to use for anything hardware related. They at all times have the most up to date on new on hardware that's getting ready to come out. They post great reviews on the hardware as well. When I go to look for new PC equipment I trust using toms hardware.

weihongc
11/12/15

This is always the place I would go to whenever I need advice or recommendations on which PC components to go for! Huge, helpful community.

philj24
10/16/15

I'd highly Recommend to everyone!

christopheb1
8/27/15

I mean there are even guides to building PCs there, you dont have to go anywhere else to look for it! How cool is that?

eraldoz
8/21/15

Just great

chrisj81
8/19/15

The forums on this site are overflowing with advice. So many users on the site form a tight community. With many minds come an equal number of options, but I personally like how many different opinions and pieces of advice that are out there because it helps to form my own opinion by testing others ideas and coming to my own conclusions. There are a bunch of great guides on the site concerning water cooling, over clocking, parts selection and more.

darrens35
8/9/15

I love this website. The reviews are informative and the tutorials and information is very thorough.

psgtechs
6/21/15

Yes,I Like Tom's Hardware Quick Response specially tom;s hardware fourms

benjaminc31
6/10/15

Tom's Hardware is the best place for hardware news and reviews, i would highly Recommend to everyone

jamess253
5/28/15

I LOVE Tom's Hardware.... Tom's Hardware's Laptops are just like as Honda's are to cars! Long lasting, dependable, and hold their resell value extremely good!!

neila13
3/31/15

The place is really fascinating. I bought a laptop from them and got an awesome deal on the same.

If you are using Chrome, try Firefox or Opera browser. I know for a fact that Tomshardware is one of the safest sites on the internet.

By Nick T.

Questions? Get answers from the Tom's Hardware staff and other customers.

Tom's Hardware?