Review of TMZ

Burbank, CA 91522, US
liz.mckernan@tmz.com

janetr212
3/16/19

Particularly about the college admissions scandal, all these loud mouthed commentators don't seem to understand that we can't hear anything when all they do is yell over each other. Harvey sucks, he's always trying to prove how 'street' he is and 'down' with black culture and he just ends up looking like a stupid wannabe. This show completely sucks.

garyh493
2/28/19

Why does this loud mouth idiot keep taking? She adds nothing to the story. All she does is disrespect Harvey by yelling nonsense over him. Please put her back behind the scenes and take away her mic.

jamesp777
2/22/19

This has to be one of the most racist and trump hating shows ever. When you people stop low enough to entertain that black shoes are offensive. I draw the line. I will stick with turning the channel to CBS and watch let's make a deal instead of listening to you guys trying to make controversy out of everything. Go do something productive instead of instigating Crap. Hope your off the air soon so I dont have to change my channel.

eyew
1/31/19

As soon as Raquel opens her mouth and attempts to talk coherently, I get so embarrassed. She's a grown woman who speaks like an 8th grade groupie. She CANNOT talk, and everything about her "reporting" makes me cringe. However, I question why TMZ appoints her to speak about rappers. Just because you think rappers and their lifestyles are ignorant doesn't mean the one reporting about them has to be a reflection of that. Raquel isn't street, and her attempt to speak slang makes my skin crawl.

I'm sure TMZ can find intelligent, articulate, and more educated Black women to do that job. I don't knock Raquels hustle, but she's a embarrassing representation of black women...she's gotta go somewhere else...hopefully NOT on TV though.

davidw1292
12/5/18

Who are you to judge people? Who cares what they look like with out make-up. We are human and we are who we are. Don't need a sorry ass program on tv to make fun of people.

chelleb2
11/30/18

Stop ruining ppls lives ...,..............................................................................

paulal109
10/26/18

Harvey you are such a racist . You are a wanna be black. Instead of trying to say something nice all you can do on your show is be a Trump hater and continue stirring up trouble. Why not be a positive roll model and bring people together instead of all the political hate you speak. Hollywood multi millionaires have NO clue what's going on in the world today.

floydh28
10/25/18

We already have too much yellow media out there but this junk take the garbage cake. How about some real journalim and objectivity for once... Nobody in their sane mind cares about how much Kim inflated her butt this week. Food for thought.

brittneyd13
4/18/18

It is so obvious that Chris Jenner is paying Harvey. Just watch every single day they get top billing no matter what. Me for one i am really tired of hearing constantly about this Family who are famous because of Kim sex tape with a Black Guy?! It is down right sicking! And yes Raquel is Ratchett! And the white girl voice hurts my ears! But i do love Van can take or leave Charles. But Harvey is sicking win it comes to the whoredasian!

heidit7
3/30/18

I would watch the TMZ show here and there but they are so anti trump its gross. They made comments about the Rosanne Show and how it is pro trump and they will never watch again and tell all their friends not watch it. Well regardless who Is president the show Rosanne came back and it was a good program unfortunately for TMZ you lost me as a viewer and any of my friends who might watch your show. DONE you showed me what real asses you are. Grow and be big boys and stop with this bs about well if trump likes it I don't...you sound like a 3 year old. Im not really going to tell me friends not to watch I just wanted to show want idiots they sound like, my friends can make their own decisions on what they want to watch on tv as they are ADULTS.

katiej47
3/20/18

I used to like TMZ. But now it seems you only talk about rappers that most don't care about or have ever heard of for that matter. And Raquel.......she is the most rude, obnoxious, disrespectful person on TV. She is annoying enough to change the channel. I also feel like there is a fair amount of racism against white people (Van and his shirts) and I'm offended. The reverse would not be allowed so why is this? I love Harvey and they are mean to him at a level that's uncomfortable. I am going to stop watching TMZ due to the allowed racism and obnoxious, uneducated Raquel (who participates in racist comments). Not sure who your trying to appeal to, but good luck with that!

jang84
2/20/18

"ROOTING FOR EVERYBODY BLACK", so it says on Van's t-shirt today. It's always been obvious that he was a racist and Raquel not far behind, but he topped it today with that shirt, while Harvey was out of town. Can't take anymore. It's no longer news of any kind, just Kartrashians, (I think they must pay you for their coverage) or one rapper after another, anyone outside of LA doesn't know or care about. They all seem to be want-a-be-s. Have too many other options at this time slot, think I'll be watching Dr Phil. I miss the old guys though, Mike and the two guys who used to stand in the back and joke around. Wait a minute, they were white. Did Van fire them?

tessaa4
1/20/17

This show just gets worse all the time. It's obvious that Harvey Levin can't get any real celebs anymore. Now, it's filled with stories about wannabe rappers that no one cares about except that moron Raquel and the oh so racist Van. It used to be a fun show. Now it's a disastrous example of affirmative action gossip.

lolitad
1/2/17

I used to like the show but ready to call it a day. Where they used to be kind of funny, now it seems like all they do is fight. Tired of everyone talking and yelling over each other, dissing Harvey almost every time he opens his mouth and Rachel, yuk, she's just ignorant.

angusr21
11/2/16

Does she have super secret TMZ photos or WHAT?? I almost never watch or when I do I change the channel when she starts flaunting her stupidity. I would rate it a 5 if she were gone.

dutyf
8/1/16

Harvey Levin hot gold with this fast paced, celebrity gossip/news program. They "report" miscellaneous and headlining celebrity news with often funny commentary from TMZ staff. Some of the stories are obscure, or not widely reported but still of interest to those of us interested in the lives of celebrities & wannabe-celebrities.

TMZ generally does a good job keeping "politics" out of the commentary only occasionally allowing "pontification" on the liberal leanings of himself and staff. Levin has also chosen many educated, funny, interesting, light-hearted "reporters" that provide the commentary. It's not heavy, boring, depressing ol' news, it's light-hearted & fun.

However, TMZ does have one commentator named Raquel (Harper) who is the most unbearable, unintelligent, loud, arrogant, intolerable portion of the show. Her vocabulary is limited to two phrases - "it's tricky cuz" and "throwing shade" - with some "fo' reals tho'" thrown in occasionally. Seriously, I like the "Jew lawyer" that everyone TMZ, seemingly, dislikes better than this loud, obnoxious, obese woman. She comes on, I flip the channel.

Overall, TMZ is an enjoyable "guilty pleasure" for the celebrity "interested/obsessed". Just keep the remote handy for turning it when Raquel appears.

glennl23
7/4/16

Get racquet off of the show. HER situation is tricky (two words she overused). She doesn't speak well, she thinks using slang in every freakin sentence is ok (my nephew is 17 and he pointed this out to me), she's LOUD, and she is not on the inside track of HER reporting (i suspect) she's on the outer periphery making her expendable. In short GET HER OUTTA THERE...please.

ashc8
2/1/16

it turned to be kardashian.com. Annoying as hell!

fdnyf
2/1/16

The story on Casey Anthony at a yard sale.Why even give her recognition on your show? She should rot in HELL. What is worse was the comment" we all know she does not want kids" WHICH EVERYBODY LAUGHED AT WAS TASTELESS.

kevins108
7/14/15

I am so sickened by a rude member of the TMZ team! Please get Raquel Harper off the air! She is so loud and prejudiced! She talks about rappers as if she is part of the culture and white people are morons! By all means research this! Every time she over talks someone so the camera will go on her, it's a loud tasteless comment! She constantly says "It's tricky". What does that mean in the sub-Urban dictionary? When I see her on now, I change the channel. She is rude, insulting and obviously hates white people! If someone like Charles only stuck up for African Americans and put down white people, he'd be fired! My wife is African American and we teach our children to be color blind. Raquel Harper makes it impossible! She needs to be at least OFF CAMERA and microphone! Everyone else on the team is great! I am sure I'm am not the first to complain. This is making you lose viewers! Keep it classy TMZ! Fire Raquel!

judithd2
3/21/14

I have to admit, when I want to find out the up to date news I will go to TMZ. They have been on the front line of information even though some posts can be a bit gritty. It really is a guilty pleasure and I am on the site a few times a week.

paulx1
2/22/13

I like watching the TV show but the site is filled with spammers and TMZ does nothing about it which has cause me to stop going to the site.

terryc7
11/21/11

When it comes to filling your afternoons with much needed celebrity gossip, there is no better place to visit than the TMZ. One of the best celebrity gossip and news sites around with tons of pictures, videos, scandals report and fun activities for the visitors. TMZ is often criticized for spreading rumors and promoting yellow journalism. But these criticisms have never had any impact on the website's loyal readership.

kayl32
7/2/11

No-brainer celebrity website. But then again I hate gossip. I'd rather spend my idle time painting or browsing art sites. If you love to be judgemental, gossipping a lot, laughing because of people's misfortune and obsessed about unimportant celebrities, this is a site for you, but if you loathe gossip and attention-seekers, and you prefer factual entertainment news, stay away from this site.

noneyab
3/16/11

I can read TMZ for hours, lol. It's certainly the best gossip site I have ever read. I think it's hilarious that they are able to get so accurate "inside" information and I think maybe we should put TMZ in charge of some national security issues. I bet Harvey could discover who really shot Kennedy and maybe track down Bin Laden. It's just amazing how they can get just about anything in just about no time. TMZ has breaking stories before any other news source. I think my only complaint is that it takes away from me reading actual news...so I know who just got busted for DUI but didn't know about the earthquake in Japan for hours.

7 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Questions? Get answers from the TMZ staff and other customers.

1 Photo for TMZ