The Furniture Place UK reviews

Durham, FIF DL1 5SF, UK
Tel: 01383 840 528

johnl1458
7/30/19

Ordered Regent wardrobe and 2 sets of chest of drawers,slight problem with wrong drawers sent,however rectified by Peter the next day and kept informed of progress.Good value and service.

maye17
6/21/19

STAY AWAY! Appalling customer service and products, ordered a superking Oak bedframe and in few months it started to develop cracks in the headboard and started to make squeaky noises which shouldn't be the case if it was a real Oak bed as they claim. I have been trying over a month to reach them out, they never reply to emails, incorrect mobile number on their website which make me think they are scammers! Wish I have read the reviews over here before ordering. I won't give up and I will do everything to get this sorted out. I am taking them to small court and have just contacted citizen advice, these guys have just messed up with the wrong person.

suev68
6/11/19

Ordered several items from this company, and am extremely disappointed with the quality of the items. In particular a 7-drawer Buckingham wide chest - within weeks the top right hand runner came away from the side and despite putting in more glue the runner is still not adhering correctly or enabling the drawer to run smoothly, resulting in non-alignment and has caused a deep mark on the side of the drawer. The drawers do not have much in - I'm wondering if it's built to look at instead of using!!
Have tried ringing and e-mailed to no avail - not even acknowledging. Would never order from this company again, complete waste of money.

seanh198
5/11/19

I ordered a bed base from here as it was the best price I could find online but thanks to abysmal customer 'service', I very soon realised why...

I asked for the item to be delivered at my Mothers address as I was at work but when it arrived she refused delivery as the packaging was badly damaged. I emailed the company (as nobody ever answers the phone) and Peter informed me that "they don't sell cardboard boxes" and it is the item inside that is of concern so he would resend the item and that any damaged parts would be replaced individually so the delivery was rescheduled for two days time. So far, a little bit of rudeness but no big deal as it does say this in the T's and C's.

It was delivery day when real issues arose and my Mother dutifully waited for 45 minutes beyond the two hour time slot but she had to leave the house for an appointment of her own. I rang the courier to chase things up and was told that the item had been delivered in her absence as Peter had told them an ABSOLUTE PACK OF LIES via email and that I had instructed them to "drop and go" without ringing the bell or obtaining a signature as my Mother may refuse delivery again as she gets "confused".

My blood truly boiling, I demanded the courier's contact number for The Furniture Place UK (which isn't the one listed on their website strangely) and got to speak to the delightful Scott who was rather distant and vague in response to any of my questions and who then abruptly hung up on me, insisting he had other customers waiting.

In complete disbelief and enraged by the whole experience, It took three more attempts at contact until I got through again and before a word even left my lips, Scott told me that he would 'phone the police for harassment' and to 'go and f**k myself'.

Thankfully there is nothing wrong with the item itself as I was understandably dreading any further possible contact with these faceless, lying, despicable cowboys. I've never experienced anything like this before and hopefully never will again, ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING!

stephanies578
4/17/19

Doesn't understand his legal obligations, ordered 3 pieces, 1 they did not have in stock even though the website said they did. When I tried to cancel the order he delayed, got rude and dismissive when I decided to go through PayPal after being ignored.

richardf336
3/23/19

This TV unit is £20 cheaper than elsewhere on the Internet. Following my order placed late evening 13/03/19 I received an email from Peter on 15/03/19 to say there would be a delay in dispatch but my purchase would be with me by 20/03/19. Peter was true to his word and the TV unit arrived well packaged, undamaged with no missing parts on the day promised. Contrary to other reviews I would say this company is very professional and I would definitely do business with them again.

joem622
2/28/19

Awful,. unprofessional cowboys, Had a problem with faulty bed and the man Peter was so rude and contemptuous,.blaming me for their sub standard products. Avoid like the plague.

rebeccap225
2/19/19

I tried to buy a bed from this 'business' but paypal kept crashing. I emailed asking if I could pay by an alternative method but was told that they didn't want to do business with me if I was 'too stupid to use paypal.' Unbelievable.

saraho75
11/30/18

High quality table, fast delivery and great customer services, I'm really pleased and would buy from you again

steves839
10/9/18

If I could give 0 stars I would. I bought an item of furniture which was not as described. I took this up with a person I assume was the owner. That person was repeatedly incredibly rude to me, customer service skills were zero and he was exceedingly argumentative, insisting there was nothing wrong with my item of furniture despite him having never seen it.

The person then went on to mock me openly. They are an atrocious company to deal with if anything goes wrong. My issue was minor and should have been swiftly and easily resolved. Instead it escalated to this with utter denial anything could ever go wrong or be wrong for them.

A deluded company which should be avoided at all costs.

sallys148
5/10/18

They've only got one star because I had to - if i had my way they would be well in to the minus stars !!

I bought an item that is faulty and cannot get anywhere with them.
They never answer the phone. I have sent numerous emails and they have never replied to one of them.

Looks like I'll have explore other avenues to take matters further.

tomp140
10/31/17

Good service, good price, good items.. what else can I say but a big thanks to all the staff, peter helped me with a few questions

manfromt
8/2/17

Recently ordered two glass 'topped' tables from these guys and unfortunately one of the table tops got smashed in transit. Phoned them up and had another in the post (courier) the very next day. No 'ifs', no 'buts' just good old fashioned excellent customer service. Oh! and the tables are Spot On as well...great value. Will I shop here again? Absolutely. Cheers guys.

johna876
1/4/17

Had a number of items off this company as have my family and friends, always delivered within a few days and best prices online. I did have one issue but was sorted the next day and was the delivery company anyway. Very professional and easy tracking so you know just when its coming with a 2 hour time slot very helpful for me. Look at some of the other reviews and think they have some competitors that may be not so nice.. They also gave me a discount code 2222 that also gives you 5% off. Not sure if that still works but give it a go. Put in on check out.

John

clarap15
1/4/17

If I could give a zero rating I would !!

Ordered a bed frame there, biggest mistake of my life! I ordered my bed frame on the 22nd December, the website says "orders are usually sent out within 3 working days and you receive dispatch notice and tracking information."

I emailed to find out how long it will take to be delivered (got ignored), I rang up and same thing. I waited until 2nd January to email again (I felt at this point I had been scammed- only received an email to say they took the money from PayPal and didn't hear anything after that.)

I was then sent a "snotty" email by the "owner" asking "did I live on the moon or something?" And "do I have a problem reading?"

He then voided my order and said he will refund me "in due time". When I emailed back asking how long will that be, the response was "when I feel like it." I have contacted PayPal to help me get my money back asap, even though it should not have gone to that extent! As I feel if you void someone's order, they should get a full refund, the same day when you void the order. So instead of chasing up my order (like I was doing before, I'm now chasing up my refund instead.)

By far the worse customer service I have ever received and I shall not be returning.

If you want to play a cat and mouse game then use this company. Otherwise avoid at all costs !!!

dazj
12/15/15

Ordered a few things from this company arrived in a few days and no problems.. top class

peterd95
12/15/15

I've no idea what this person Granville is talking about as I recently ordered quite a bit of furniture from this company, it was going to my Daughters house as a housewarming gift, I have to say I found the service outstanding, from the moment I ordered it until completion they were more than professional, emails also sent informing me of both dispatch and delivery, with the sheer volume of items I ordered there was only one issue, with a damaged part, I contacted them, got an instant response and the replacement part was sent out and with me within 48 hours, you can not fault service like this which makes me wonder if this issue is with this buyer more than the company, buy with confidence, I will be again!

granvillef3
5/20/13

We ordered some furniture of this website and wish we had not.

They were extremely rude to us for requesting a refund for faulty goods.
Stay away from these criminals if you dont want to lose your money!

Their Amazon account was shut down. Need We say more?

Questions? Get answers from the The Furniture Place UK staff and other customers.

2 Photos for The Furniture Place UK