The Drivers Seat

The Drivers Seat has a consumer rating of 1 star from 11 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about The Drivers Seat most frequently mention card company problems. The Drivers Seat ranks 30th among Driving Schools sites.

How would you rate The Drivers Seat?

“Call And Report This Place”

Yurmajesty G.
10/9/19

Check it they charged me 3.99 on Oct 7th. No big just 4 bucks right? Well today Oct 9th They took out 21.99. Now this was bogus so I called. Randall was very rude. However Mary assisted me. But while I was in the phone they text me about processing a refund at 9:28. I didnt conclude my business to 9:34. Proving they knew they were wrong af. I included a photo. But what they don't know is I record my calls as well and I will sue the breaks of them if they don't give me my money back. THIS IS AN ILLEGAL SCAM.

yurmajestyg
October 9th, 2019
Check it they charged me 3.99 on Oct 7th. No big just 4 bucks right?
Well today Oct 9th They took out 21.99.
Now this was bogus so I called. Randall was very rude.
THIS IS AN ILLEGAL SCAM.
hannahp174
October 9th, 2019
They charged me 9.99 today & I have no idea why. I haven't been on this site and I had a one time payment, I think, but now I'm -12 dollars so thanks for that. I felt stupid immediately after not knowing how much I paid to download a pdf which I could google. Not my best moment. & I think they're a scam bc they charged me a completely different price for something I did not buy.
victoriaw127
May 27th, 2019
I wish I had checked here first! I started but never completed any transaction to this site when I realized they were of no help yet when I looked closer at my bank statement there they were! Notice I said "they". First, was very small (a test?) then a much larger charge. One right after the other. I have no clue what either was even for. Now I have to pay to have them blocked not to mention changing my card etc. GAWWWWW!
crystala80
August 28th, 2019
Just like the others said, this is a very slick site designed to look EXACTLY like the NC DMV website. TOTAL SCAM! All they do is tell you HOW to go the DMV. So stupid! I just had to waste 25 minutes on the phone with my card company & this company to get the charges of $25.98 ($3.99 + $21.99) reversed. Makes me sad to think how many people (especially older people) they have scammed who don't even notice or realize what happened.
joer412
July 28th, 2019
They are not offering any valid service. They will charge you $3.99 then a few days later $21.99. There is no way to contact the business without downloading their "product". You will have to spend time on the phone with your credit card company to reverse these charges. Avoid!
petere137
September 2nd, 2019
I was going online to renew my NC driver's license and was under the impression this was the site to do so. Once transaction was completed I discovered I had purchased a manual that instructs me how to complete renewal - these people are flat out crooks and should be treated as such. They offered no receipt so I have no way of confirming the purchase

Tip for consumers: Avoid them - they are the worst of the worst

larryh289
March 30th, 2019
This is from their website.

Find out how to apply for a new driver's license, replace a lost or damaged license, as well as how to update your credentials on your driver's license with a new name or address.

This site is privately owned and is neither operated by, nor affiliated with, any government agency. Contact phone number: *******168
unsatisfiedc33
September 11th, 2019
Like others have said, please be extremely careful when trying to perform services like license renewal or replacement through the DMV. This website will appear as if you are going through that process when you aren't! I was in a rush and didn't notice until I received the email that thanked me for my purchase and included the "Step-By-Step Guide" I had just been charged for. The guide, by the way, includes information about the process that you can get for free on the official website. The customer service representative was nice when I called, but they will try to tell you the benefit of their service so you don't carry through with the refund. She did cancel the $21.99 charge, which will take 7-10 business days, but make you keep the $3.99 processing fee because it was an online transaction! All of that just to scam people out of $3.99 if they do happen to notice what happened, they should be ashamed.
rachels394
September 9th, 2019
The drivers seat poses as the DMV and suddenly when I thought I was ordering my lisc. They said thank you for your purchase of some download guide. I'm going to the bank to see how much they basicslly stole. The drivers seat sucks. Be careful of sharks and snakes on line like the drivers seat
leannr11
April 10th, 2019
They get your information and then start charging you for things you don't authorize and then start harassing you by email. They sell nothing... they just steal your info!
fordr14
July 18th, 2019
I have never really been scammed before but got suckered on this one while trying to renew my driver's license online. Bottom line is they charge you $3.99 immediately with a $21.99 charge (I think) to follow. All they do is give you a file to download file that tells you how to ACTUALLY renew your DL online. Called credit card company to dispute charge but couldn't do to it still pending. Credit card company was very very familiar with these crooks and had the number on hand for me to call them. I called and got all charges removed (or so they say, it will take a couple of days to process). If they don't I'll just dispute it with credit card company and take care of it that way. MAKE ABSOLUTELY SURE YOU DON'T USE A DEBIT CARD OR YOU ARE SCREWED. They had a small note on one screen suggesting to use a debit card to insure faster processing, should have known it was a scam at that point but like I said, very well done scam site and it fooled me.

Therer may be honest companies but you can get the info they offer from your local licensing ageny (for free I would think)

By Peter E.

I was deceived - online site makes you beleive you are renewing your license when I was wanting to go to our state's site to renew.

By Peter E.

No success as I was ripped-off - it is generally not worth pursuing as it was a matter of 4 dollars but that seems to be the way they avoid any action by this method.

By Peter E.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the The Drivers Seat staff and other customers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about The Drivers Seat?

See reviews as you browse with our Chrome extension

1.0
Have a question about The Drivers Seat?