Review of The Daily Beast

Tel: +61-4-66416643
ben.zagorski@thedailybeast.com

johnm3044
7/2/19

Journalism like this is really dangerous. The Daily Beast has a very clear agenda against Dem. candidate Andrew Yang. Twisting the truth and mis- characterizing his platform. I will not be using this site and any sort of credible source of information.

daver240
1/23/19

Bought Whitesmoke editing program from The Daily Beast store. Program did not work correctly. I contacted Support Heroes (Daily Beast support). Received a reply that the vendor would have to respond. Few days later vendor sends them an email which they forward to me saying: "Is the customer using a firewall? May have to re-install." Well I re-installed, the program still did not work. I get a pop up saying too many downloads. So the product is totally worthless; $79 down the Daily Beast drain (pockets). I have sent several emails to Support Heroes and no response. I asked for a refund, no response. I read that they do not offer refunds...ok...so I ask just for a bit of help to get the program working...no response. I get the impression that DBS just doesn't care. And since Whitesmoke sold the program at a deep discount, they don't care either...I bought quite a few things from DBS, but no more!!!

michaelg952
11/19/18

The Daily Beast has some of the best-written feature articles on the net, bar none. That's the good news, the rest of the news is the Beast's web interface is the worst on the net, bar none. I've been reading the beast daily for perhaps a year and there hasn't been a single session where the site hasn't bombed. Mostly, the problem started when they started trying to sell subscriptions to the "Beast Inside".

They need to fire their entire web-dev group, drop the begging for dollars, and they'll get five stars from me. It's funny, even though the site's coding is garbage, the articles are often so fascinating I'll log it several times just to read the fascinating news.

steveb683
9/23/18

Get mad. Why mad? Because I heard that getting mad makes you get undone mad right sling sucker. 100

chuckt40
7/29/18

Everything Daily Beast writes is a total lie. Never click on their national enquirer type of site.
They must just get a few homeless people in a room and ask them what's going on in America.
Total idiots. I mean really. Very uneducated low class types writing lies daily. Lets NOT give them a platform.
#BAN DAILY BEAST !!!

dn63
7/27/18

Mislead you into buying low quality crap then surprise! No refunds. A scam from top to bottom - stay away. Daily Beast should not be connected to stack commerce. You are ruining your integrity for a little cash on the side, Daily Beast!

tomk272
7/26/18

After reading for over 2 months I have unsubscribed due to how biased they are. If you're going to write a daily news letter for all, keep the political opinions away. The articles are not necessarily opinionated, but may be far fetched and obviously favor one party over the other.

kena98
6/5/18

They will cheat you! Signed up for NextSock, a 3 month subscription where a couple pair of socks are sent out for 3 months. Paid $24 on Pay Pal because I didn't want a rag like this to have my credit card info. After they got payment, they informed me that the invoice number they assigned needed to be entered with a 3rd party that would actually send the socks out. BUT WAIT... In order to do that, the 3rd party DEMANDS you give them your credit card info.
Quote: "The $24 was not paid to us and you will not be charged when entering your credit card information you will only be charged if you choose to continue your subscription after your prepaid term."

Sure, after they screw me out of $24, I'm going to now give them my credit card info... How delusional are these maggots? Oh, and did I mention that there are "NO REFUNDS"? These people are sleazy internet criminals. Don't even think about doing business with them!

markk340
5/24/18

SCAM WARNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I purchased "The Cube Bluetooth Speaker" from thedailybeast.com.
Be aware that upon receipt, the item turned on, but before I could get the speaker to operate and within 1 hour THE SPEAKER was completely inoperative. I tried to contact The Daily Beast for a refund, then realized there is no phone # for a person to speak with OR a return address!

Through a series of emails, they informed me told me they are sorry and that "all sales or final, no matter what!

I have contacted my bank to cancel the financial transaction for the bluetooth speaker as there is no recourse.

BE ADVISED THAT PURCHASES FROM THE DAILYBEAST.COM ARE A SCAM, BUYER BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

isabellem19
5/24/18

Bought 2 items on Black Friday. Offered them on Xmas. Both were defective. Never got refunded because I was told it was too late. I am never shopping there again and you shouldn't either.

nancec2
4/29/18

I bought an items for @$200 and realized before it was delivered I had made a mistake and it wasn't what I thought it was. I immediately contacted customer service and was told somewhere in the fine print it says certain items are not returnable because the price is so low. The VERY SAME item I discovered is for sale for $90 less at multiple retailers and online. If I could give a negative star rating I would. Plus I will NEVER EVER use them again and will stop reading their site as well.

brenw
4/4/18

tried over a 3 year period but there is nothing but right wing nonsense in this online paper.
there are so many independent unbiased non aligned web based papers , don't waste your time on the right wing garbage...

yonciv
3/24/18

so focused on nitpicking race in their biased articles that they over promote the distinction. Cant we all just be Americans?

tommyv9
4/2/17

Terrible...Far left lies & twisting of the truth. With Chelsea Clinton on the board of directors, what else would anyone expect? Showed up on my phone & I hate it. How do I delete it?

romeor14
3/16/17

Straight Garbage. They will take your words and twist them to feed gas to a flame. They claim they are here to stand against bullies and hypocrites but the only hypocrite I see is this POS website. They claim to use facts but we'll call them white lies and if nobody questions it they'll continue to do it again. I read an article they made about a certain person and they completely switched up his words after. These lazy bigots probably make their article before even interviewing anyone. More crap from a toilet. One day you'll overflow

dennisw70
3/9/17

So opinionated to the point that they seem to be spouting fake news at you. This new site is also incredibly intolerant of any views outside of ignorant liberalism.

jennac30
1/28/17

If you refuse to be interviewed, they make up nasty stuff. Very vindictive. Very personal. Just a personal blog and not a vetted news site or revered opinion site. Sad. There is nothing of value to be gleaned from this site

michellet107
12/31/16

I have no problem with political leaning either way in any articles across the media "sphere". But to say that this "News Organization" is just a little left leaning would be dishonest! Almost like the daily beast! Again i dont really lean one way or the other in most issues, but i am particularly disturbed at how much the truth is bent and skewed to fit these peoples narratives! They "cleverly" hide their disdain for anything (anyone) that dont fit their "world view" inside asinine articles made to persuade you to believe every half truth and obtuse opinions they spew... trash website... trash writing... they need to get a grip

med106
12/11/16

They leave out KEY facts to sway opinion, and use misinterpretations of truthful statements. I read 2 articles, and recognized 3 blatant omissions.

joev40
9/29/16

Don't believe anything they print. I have never read such blatantly planted disinformation in my life. Even more laughable is the advertising for an addiction recovery center (a worse racket than the war on drugs) featured on the same page- one of the industries that is threatened by the opiate curing benefits of kratom leaves. The Daily Beast is not news, They are paid off by advertisers to mislead you.

or3206
4/24/16

I read the Daily Beast, well, daily. The editorial selection of articles is intersting and I quite like the layout of the site and find it very accessible. I take exception to one big thing, however: the editorial choices of headlines. For example: "Sanders blames poor people". If you read the article, what Sanders said is that poor people don't vote in great enough numbers and his candidacy would benefit if they did. But it's not the inflammatory headline TDB editors decided to assign to the story. A great site with room to improve.

mikec207
3/2/16

I read TDB for writers like Clive Irving, Anthony Haden-Guest, Chistopher Buckley, etc. I really enjoy the entertainment writers like Kevin Fallon and Marlow Stern as well. I don't really lean one way or the other politically so I recognize the more-than-occasional disproportionally caustic spew of personal opinions. I get an excellent overview across a wide variety of subjects a couple times a day, I'm good with that. I will say, the continuous barrage of misspellings and typos is awe-inspiring (I've spent time as a professional editor in my day) but I am seeing that more and more across the Internet so there's no use in expecting any big change as far as that goes.

maxwellh
1/28/13

What hypocrisy that the Daily Beast promotes, if one were to search any item about Israel it would routinely ridicule Israel for defending itself but any item about anyone else say in a recent issue of the French using military force in Mali and the US helping out as well it's suddenly either neutral or a good thing.

Wow, what hypocrisy who the heck are you to tell what others can and can't do? Why should Israel be controlled? It's funny how the same people like to depict how there is a supposed Israeli Lobby controlling American politics when there is no such thing at all.

It is a lie crafted by the same kind of people.

keythr
3/21/11

The Daily Beast Online News Current Affairs Cheat Sheet

Tina Brown, former editor of Vanity Fair, The New Yorker and Talk Magazine lunched 'The Daily Beast' in October 2008. A year later it joined up with Newsweek and is now 'The Newsweek Daily Beast'

The name is derived from the newspaper 'The Beast' in Evelyn Waugh's 1938 satire of sensationalist journalism, foreign correspondents and war reporting. (Seventy plus years later, 'Scoop' is still very funny)

The Daily Beast 'Cheat Sheet' (must reads from all over) is a good source of links and backgrounds to top stories. Newsweek is obviously favoured, but not exclusively. Fast overviews, some good writing, interesting topics.

The Daily Beast http://www.thedailybeast.com is a worthwhile bookmark for news hounds. Recommended.

yom1
12/3/10

Love the daily cheat sheet when I don't have time for in-depth reading but want an overview of the news.

Questions? Get answers from the The Daily Beast staff and other customers.

The Daily Beast?