Review of Tax1099

support@tax1099.com

1 review with 2 stars

heidih45
2/2/17

I submitted a 1099-MISC on 1/25/2016. The site showed that they would be transmitted 1/31/2017. I was unable to change the date on transmission, which seemed unreasonable but at least the filing deadline would be met. The process took a lot longer than I expected.

I expected at least an email notification confirming that the agency had accepted the transmission. As of 2/2/2017, no confirmation, and I cannot find confirmation on the site either. I efile payroll returns thru QuickBooks and always see agency acceptance confirmations the same day. There is also a history of all filings in QB. There is no record of filing 1099's in QB with this system.

I don't wish to use a system that doesn't assure me that I am in compliance with filing requirements, especially since I file on behalf of clients, nor record a history of filings in my accounting software.

Response from Ed P., Tax1099 Representative
Hi Heidi, thank you for your candid feedback. In regards to the IRS confirmation, typically they go out 3 - 5 days after the submission. If you send us an e-mail at support@tax1099.com with Subject "SiteJabber", we can look further into this and work with you to resolve any issues or questions you may have. Thanks -Tom.

Hi Roxanne, We have made many improvements, including a streamlined dashboard we will be moving to the site in a few days, additional staff for the deadline period, and a number of customer requests from last season. We will have some user training sessions beginning in November to familiarize customers with the updates. If you are a registered user on Tax1099.com, look for an email inviting you to register for one of those sessions in the next week or two. If not, send your email address to support@tax1099.com, and ask to be included when we send those invitations. Thanks!

By Ed P., Tax1099 Representative

Hi, Michelle! If the state is a participant in the Combined Federal State Filing Program, the IRS will forward important information from your federal filing to the state. While some states have additional requirements where state withholdings are concerned, as a general rule, you won't need to send a separate filing to the CFSFP state.

By Ed P., Tax1099 Representative

Make sure you do not have local system restrictions due to configuration of antivirus software, firewalls, etc. This can cause plugin to not open. Saw some article on this when we had similar issues last but no issues after we used the first time.

By Sophia A.

Hi TW, thank you for your candid review. We'd like to reach out to you and resolve any issues when it is convenient for you. Send us a note at support@tax1099.com with subject SiteJabber and we'll make sure you get taken care of. Thanks. -Tom

By Ed P., Tax1099 Representative

Hi, Stacey, Yes, we file to all 50 states according to the most recent filing requirements of each state! Whether the state requires a separate eFiling, paper filing, or CD-ROM, we've got it covered. It's important to note that you'll need to submit any additional state filing forms at the same time you submit the federal eFiling - once you've submitted the federal eFiling, you won't be able to go back and file with the state in a separate transaction. Let us know if you have any other questions! Tax1099

By Ed P., Tax1099 Representative

Hi, Jerry! When you eFile, the IRS doesn't require a 1096. We have one available in your account, if you'd like to print it for your records. To access the form, click the "+" icon in the top right corner of your Tax1099 dashboard screen. You'll see "Generate Summary (1096/ACA)" in the column on the right side. Thanks! Tax1099

By Ed P., Tax1099 Representative
Questions? Get answers from the Tax1099 staff and other customers.

Tax1099?