Take Over Lease

Take Over Lease has a consumer rating of 4.67 stars from 30 reviews indicating that most customers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Take Over Lease ranks 4th among Apartment Rental sites.

How would you rate Take Over Lease?

“Great Service! Trustworthy!”

Ting G.
3/21/20

I highly recommend Paul's service if someone is looking for a lease take over. I didn't know if this really works in the beginning, but Paul found quality prospects right away. He walked me through the steps from the beginning set up a time for apartment viewing, then application process, and finally after a hiccup from the leasing office, we successfully transferred my lease. Tomorrow the new tenants will move in. I couldn't do all this without Paul's professionalisms and attentiveness. I felt being valued by Take Over Lease and Paul's service. Thank you!

“Don't waste your time”

An B.
1/22/20

We gave * the benefit of the doubt and trusted him with all of his promises. He even wrote out a contract for us to sign. And he literally texted the month after saying that he wanted to back out. Do Not Trust Anything He Said. *Personal information redacted by admin

anb18
January 22nd, 2020

*Personal information redacted by admin

keithn14
March 6th, 2017

Very Happy Paul at take over lease found me someone to take over my lease. The cost was a little high I feel, almost $600.00. I felt when first joining I wasn't informed of steps I needed to take in order for this transaction to fully take place. Being that it was my first time doing this, I feel like I had to fend and stay on top of things myself. Would have been nice to be informed from the start that I would have to get paperwork started with my land lord. Otherwise happy

tingg1
March 21st, 2020

mania4
July 12th, 2014
Verified purchase

It was great, they have found the right person for our apt. Very satisfied.

Dan S. – Take Over Lease Rep

Thank you, Mani. We are happy we helped you get out of that lease. If you ever need our services again, please contact us at anytime. We offer 15% off to all repeat customers.

jouheeh
August 18th, 2021

Overall I am very satisfied with the service I was provided. I had a challenging leasing agreement where my landlord requires 2 years, which Paul was very honest in telling me up front, and managed my expectations. Paul was able to find me a candidate that met all the requirements. They could use a periodic status update, but don't let this hinder your decision. Anytime I asked for an update, Paul responded with accurate updates. My best advice is talk to him about your needs, Paul is extremely patient and will discuss all of your concerns with you. I've attempted to do what Paul offers on my own and it is not easy, there are all kinds of scammers/fraudulent people out there.

kevinm2491
August 1st, 2021

All thanks to this awesome platform, everything was super smooth. Using Take Over Lease was easy!

jakeg88
October 22nd, 2020

I found out about this company thru my coworker, who used them about a year ago. He told me that they are Pittsburgh based, but help people nationally.
I gave them a call and spoke to an agent for about 15 minutes, asking him all kinds of questions. He was courteous and funnily had the patience for the weirdest questions i had posed.
I didn't hire them right away, since i had to do my DD.
Anyhow, a few days later I paid a fee and we got started. Personally, i didn't have much luck with getting the unit rented, but luckily, with the effort of Take Over Lease, my 2 bed 1 bath unit on Gold Street, NY got filled within just 9 days after 4 of their leads came by to view it.

That was not bad at all. Most NY agents would have charged me close to 3 times what i paid to TakeOverLease.

So, bottom line is... communication was pretty good, they delivered on their promise and i would certainly recommend them to anyone who wants to get out of their apartment lease without any penalties to their landlord.

Tip for consumers:
They are legit and it worked for me. I heard about them thru my co-worker, but apparently, they are easy to find online.

Products used:
They found me a tenant to take on the rest of my apartment lease. This saved me on a lease break penalty.

alinah31
July 2nd, 2021

Great and fast service! I was able to find someone to take over the lease in less than 2 months! I highly recommend take over lease services.

roxieb10
December 16th, 2019

Paul was quick to act and gave great professional advice. He got me out of my lease at a reasonable time and provided many leads.

alliew26
December 14th, 2019

Paul is an expert in the field of real estate. Thanks for profiding professional assistance. I would recommend this service to my friends.

trudyb26
October 9th, 2019

Paul sent me someone on a Wednesday and the transfer was completed on Monday! It would have been sooner if not for my Leasing Company. He was able to do all of this legwork for me by finding me a replacement tenant and save me a ton of money not having to break my lease! Especially for those of you that may be a little skeptical, this is legit - and it works!

Dan S. – Take Over Lease Rep

Hello Trudy, thank you for being a great customer! We truly appreciated working with you. Please let us know if you ever need our service again.

laml6
January 9th, 2019

I highly recommend Take Over Lease if you are looking for professional and reliable services to find prospective tenants to take over your lease. As busy as I was with transitioning to new job, upcoming wedding, new home, and professional development, there was absolutely no way I had time to search for people to take over my lease. It was definitely worth the money. Paul, will maintain contact with you throughout the whole process and help pick out qualified tenants.

The website aims for 14 days to have your lease transfer. Although mine was longer than expected (couple of months), I knew with the location I was at and during holiday seasons, it would be difficult to find someone right away. Bottom line is, don't lose faith in the Takeoverlease process and trust the system. Paul will continuously update you on qualified people to take over your lease. He will also provide professional and expert opinion on property legalities if that problem ever arises. Well worth the money. Thank you!

jackien23
March 19th, 2017

I was very pleased with my experience with Takeoverlease. They are professional and seem to have good contacts. I was able to focus on other things while the company sent prospects to see my place. I was able to turn over my lease and move on to the next place. They found people like me that needed a short term lease, not a year long lease. The company helped to meet both of our needs. They are excellent. I would recommend them.

noram57
May 25th, 2019

Paul is very professional and it was a very good experience overall. Within 1 week, Paul was able to find candidates for my old apartment.

tanyam42
May 30th, 2017

I was very fortunate to have Paul help when I needed to make a sudden move from Boston to the DC area. He provided welcome help, and I was able to find someone to take over my lease no problem. I would definitely recommend this service and thank you Paul for all you did and do. My transition was so much more easier and definitely more affordable because of you.

hanl16
March 4th, 2017

Before trying Take Over Lease, I experienced the pain of paying double rents for 3 months after a friend dropping out of takeover at the last minute. I've exhausted all possible channels (friends, rental websites, craigslist and local brokers) and trusted TOL more out of desperation. I have to say Take Over Lease does live up to its "hassle-free" service advertised. Paul contacted me the very next day after I submitted the listing and asked very detailed questions about the apartment's conditions and offered his recommendations on giving incentives to rent it out asap. Then TOL worked with the landlord and leads directly. I only got involved at the very end stage. TOL promises a refund if the listing is still vacant after 14 business days and my apt was rented in 3 weeks.

I highly recommend TOL for anyone who got stuck in a lease - whatever TOL costs you is way much cheaper than the potential rent loss, more importantly the loss of your time and energy dealing with the issue.

dannyr24
September 30th, 2015

I was kinda panicky since my leasing office kind of shocked me to and told me that i'm responsible for a lease break fee of 3 months. It triggered me to start Googling for services that can get me out of lease early due to my job transfer out of town.

This company popped up on first page and i didn't have any choice, but to give it a shot... 7 days into the service my lease was transferred over to some family of two. They were happy - i was happy!

Surely a pretty good company to deal with. I do in fact, recommend them.

Tip for consumers:
I do recommend offering some incentives to people who want to take over your lease. It helps, believe me!

alexd115
December 15th, 2016

I will admit that I was a little skeptical of the servicelots of stock photos, a little bit of sticker shock with the fee, whatever. But the reviews on here, Yelp, social media, etc. were so positive that I decided to give it a shot. And I had tried everything I could myself-I posted on Craigslist, multiple large Facebook groups in my area, other apartment websites... nothing.

I was transferring schools and my apartment didn't have a buy-out option. My apartment was in a student community nowhere near Pittsburgh. Paul found a ton of people to tour my apartment and was with me every step of the way, available over text pretty much constantly. He was always polite and helpful, and gave me very good advice on how to handle sticky situations with my leasing office. I don't know where in the world he finds people or how he does what he does, but he's very good at it. I can't thank him enough!

skylarb3
December 2nd, 2015

I was desperately needing to move out of my apartment due to family circumstance in another state 700 miles away. After connecting with TakeOverLease, I received a follow-up phone call immediately. Within a week someone had signed off on my lease and moved in. I could not have asked for a better experience!

johnj200
August 21st, 2015

My roommate & I hired TakeOverLease on a Friday, & by the following Monday that were in contact with us with a potential future tenant. Everything worked out beautifully, the entire process was painless. This is a great company to be doing business with. Highly recommended.

danam83
December 4th, 2016

I did not have time or energy to find someone to take over lease my college student daughter had to leave in So Cal. They were very easily reached and worked hard. Lease was taken over in 5 weeks

henryj25
July 27th, 2014
Verified purchase

I needed to get out of my lease urgently and my leasing office wanted to charge me 600 dollars with no guarantee that they would find someone to take over my lease. I found takeoverlease.us through Google and they made it so easy. They found multiple people who were interested and I was finally able to have my lease transfered. A+ service! Thank you takeoverlease.us.

Dan S. – Take Over Lease Rep

Thank you, Henry. We tried hard to find a replacement tenant for your Orlando, FL apartment and we finally delivered! On behalf of Takeoverlease.us, we wish you best of luck in your future endeavors.

maureenm8
September 15th, 2014

I recently found an ad for an apartment I was very interested in that takeoverlease posted. I was able to lease the exact apartment I wanted for well below it's market value by taking over an existing lease! And I have the ability to renew my lease once this lease ends. The process was smooth and painless. I would use them myself if I needed to end a lease before it's intended date.

oliviac3
September 3rd, 2014

To refer to this company simply as a good company would be an understatement. Takeoverlease.us has honestly saved me over $2500 by finding an approved tenant who took over my apartment lease in Baltimore, MD. My leasing office refused to work with me and wanted to charge me 2 months rent cause I had to break my lease due to a personal life status change.

I never even knew that someone does these lease transfers the easy way. Seriously, this guy Paul at Take Over Lease made the whole process real smooth. When I initially call the company's number, he was very reassuring and he promised 99% success. Ended up being 100%.

My personal Thanks to Take Over Lease and God Bless!
-Olivia Chapman from Baltimore, MD

Tip for consumers:
They are fully legit. Just call them and ask any question.

aditik2
October 31st, 2020

This company is a scam, we thought we were in safe hands, the way they talked. They wheeled us into signing up for a program that allowed them to pay the rent for the remainder of our lease until they found a suitable candidate to take up our lease after a 31 day wait period. Their fees was two months rent in advance, which we paid. When the money we had given them was returned, they conveniently cancelled the agreement, leaving us in a ditch. We lost thousands of dollars which we wouldn't have if we had searched for someone ourselves. Now, we are still stuck with a lease for which we will have to continue to pay. Lost valuable time going through them, strongly disrecommend.

Yes, we can certainly help you. We have a tier-procing, which goes off of your monthly rate. You can visit our sites FAQ for more info or call our support for all of your questions to be answered. Thank you.

By Dan S., Marketing Manager

Please read our money back guarantee policies located at www.takeoverlease.us/faq. If you have any questions, please call us at any time to speak with an agent and we will go over all of the details. Thank you

By Dan S., Marketing Manager

Hello Eleni, Thank you for your inquiry. We do have a refund policy listed on our website at www.takeoverlease.us/faq. Sometimes, if a lead is not approved for a particular reason, we do not end the service there and we continue looking for new leads, which will eventually get approved. Please let me know if you have any other questions. Thank you.

Yes, it's! No doubt!

By Lana K.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Take Over Lease staff and other customers.

Take over Lease is a full service management company specializing in apartment lease transfers and lease breaks. We guarantee to find and get the new tenant approved to take over your lease in just 14 days or your money back.

Business History

Takeoverlease.us has taken the country by storm, ever since we started back in 2013. Take Over Lease is known and well respected in many cities and states for offering a win-win situation at the lowest price on the market. The goal is to make sure that every customer is able to get out of their apartment lease without any penalty to their landlord.

Dan S.
Marketing Manager

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Take Over Lease?

Have a question about Take Over Lease?