Review of Sungevity

Tel: 866.786.4255
info@sungevity.com

stevenj59
8/22/16

They didn't install enough panels to run my spa that I need for therapy which was the only reason for installing them. I am a disabled vet and they refuse to add to them and refuse to remove them. When I told them that I needed the spa therapy they said too bad I signed a contract and they didn't have control of how I used my electricity. I am on disability income and can't afford to do anything about it. ALSO: be aware, If you want to sell your house and the buyer doesn't qualify for the panels, Sungevity CAN STOP THE SALE!!!!!! Stay as far away from them as you can. There kiosks are in Lowes Stores. BEWARE!!!!!

kevink75
2/17/16

Have a service for two years, first time service when out took over two months to fix, Called 6-7 times. This time monitor out again another two months, Several calls nothing done. Always say were on it now. Well been another three weeks no call no service , but sure take payment out of my acct. my experience has not been positive. I own several business i would never treat customers this poorly

bobm111
8/9/14

We signed a 20 year lease agreement with Sungevity for a solar installation on our roof in Connecticut. If you are interested in a solar system. Here are some of the details.

The ONLY cost to us is a fixed monthly payment of $108.05 for the next 20 years. There is no down payment, installation cost or anything else.

For our payment we are guaranteed a minimum output from the system per year. Our first year is 9876 KWH. It goes down by about 50 KWH per year because these systems degrade some. If the system falls short then THEY PAY US a fixed amount per KWH that it falls short. The first year is $0.1392 per KWH. If you do the math our cost is $0.1313 per KWH at the guaranteed minimum amount.They increase their rate at 3% per year so at year 20 they would pay us $0.2685 per KWH. Our current electric rate is $0.152 per KWH so we will save money right away. It is highly likely that the panels will produce more than their minimum guaranteed amount. We get to use that additional power AT NO EXTRA COST.

The system is designed for 36 panels which is estimated to provide 95% of our electric needs. This amount is also 5% over their guaranteed amount so they are being conservative.

You stay tied into the grid so that at night you use power from your current supplier. When the system is producing more than you are using the power goes to the grid and you get a credit for this. You use that credit at night and other times when you are using more power than the system is producing.

While the above amounts do not sound like a whole lot we expect to save about $25 per month in the first year and we are HELPING THE PLANET at the same time. If electric rates continue to rise at the same rate as the last 20 years then we should save about $25,000 over the 20 year agreement.

We also looked into solar with a company called Solar City. Sungevity is offering us a lot better deal.

Are you interested yet? You can get a free quote over the phone and internet which is quite painless. They do a design using Google Earth. Here is a link to get you started http://www.sungevity.com/get-your-iquote?utm_campaign=1_GST_NE_CT_Brand&gclid=CjwKEAjwpIefBRCuir7wy-f1kCwSJADXBi2aJ2zDuYEyLUnVhtvITCr7bRxRGni86CFrWKnJ4J4Z7hoCYvnw_wcB&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=Google&pdv=c&utm_term=sungevity

If you use our referral code which is 1211872. You get a $500 discount. My name is Gail Miller. Thank you for your interest.

stephenm67
6/28/14

I had a very positive experience. It took 5 months from installation to going on the grid, but very cool. I lease the panels for $50 a month. Free installation and 20 year warranty. It is cranking about 700 kilowattt hours per month.

hansonu
8/6/13

I don't know if I just had a bad experience or what, but I didn't much care for the Sungevity sales guy I spoke with. I ended up going with Solar City but the main reason was the quality of that initial interaction.

Questions? Get answers from the Sungevity staff and other customers.

Sungevity?