Review of Staples.ca

Tel: +1-877-360-8500
customer_service@staples.ca

alb142
5/6/19

Their sales are mostly useless as they generally start out expensive and moreover conditional, excluding many items. The website is pretty slow, filled to the brim with scripts and items available to be added to cart are actually out of stock or in very limited supply. Their in store pickup system can't coordinate well with their storefront, as they held an item on order for a week without any notification. Their in-store return is fairly painless, however.

tonyf64
4/17/18

Perhaps its just in Tennessee & other states in which I have visited their locals stores. I have had on many occasions the employees tell me different lies about things just to try to make a sale & I am pretty sure they are not paid commission so why they chose to act like that is beyond me.

Many years ago I wanted to buy a hard drive for my computer that was 3TB because I needed it for my steam games being my collection was growing. So I visited Staples in Maryville Tennessee to try to find one. Well they had one that was around $199.99 but I had seen one at WalMart same drive as an external for only $99.99 & I ask if they offered that same drive external & for how much & explained to the guy I had seen it in WalMart for $99.99 So he tried to get me to believe that Internal drives are not the same as External drives which is .... because the only difference is one is in an enclosure & the other isnt but still he went on to argue with me till I finally got ..... off & went & bought the one at WalMart & ripped it out of its enclosure to show this idiot he wasn't fooling anyone. Then I walked out, and not been in a Staples since then.

Is Staples a bad shop? Probably not but 9 times out of 10 they are much more expensive then your alternatives, and once in a while you get a jerk like I did that makes you want to have nothing to do with them.

Tip for consumers: It just takes one jerk to ruin your time & experience in a shop you once liked even if their prices were higher then most.

loiso
2/16/18

Never, never, never waste your money on this warranty. What the clerk tells you is bullocks. By the time you are finished getting jacked up by Staples you could have bought a new computer. The warranty covers repairs not backups and no free computer replacement. You'll gave to pay $129. to have them do a backup for you if you don't know how to do it your self. You have to drop the PC off at a Staples store and it will be gone to the Depot for 10-15 business days, that's 2 -3 wks. Staples does not give you a new computer if it is beyond fixing but instead they give you a store credit for whatever the depreciated worth of your computer is. And that's not all. You have to spend that money on a new computer that is exactly the same model as the broken one. Gouging, greedy bunch. Big time misrepresentation.
I won't be buying anything from them anymore. They used to be my go-to store for literally everything.

hyderh
5/8/17

I deal with the people in south keys location ,I been dealing with them for the last 12years I never had any issue with them ,always they have solution for any problem
I recommended this location

nancyb198
4/17/17

Staples is so reliable and has an excellent selection on line or in store. There is always help available and they have some pretty good sales each week.

warrene5
2,419 helpful votes
3/16/15

I buy a lot of things for my office at Staples. They have good selection and prices.

Questions? Get answers from the Staples.ca staff and other customers.

Staples.ca?