Staples CA

Staples CA has a consumer rating of 2.05 stars from 20 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Staples CA ranks 46th among Printer Ink sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 14.3%
How would you rate Staples CA?

“Staples resolved my issue”

Ava J.
10/2/20

Staples approached to me quickly after I expressed my issue on social media. They apologized sincerely and issued a partial refund for the phone.

“FALSE ADVERTISING”

Lyndsay B.
8/27/20

My company orders our office supplies from Staples but for the past year they have not been with-holding to their policy of next day delivery. When I call to complain that our item still hasn't arrived 2 days later, they are only good at apologizing and doing nothing about it. I was then told that due to high volumes of orders they can take a few days to deliver. I asked where it said that on the website and they said it is not on there. THIS IS FALSE ADVERTISING. Their site shows next day delivery. It's cheaper and faster to purchase off Amazon.

lyndsayb9
August 27th, 2020

elainer202
February 26th, 2021

I have been lied to, hung up on by phone and online. There was almost $8000 worth of charges over a week ago and I was supposed to receive a credit and yet I have not. They knew there was a problem before I contacted them as deliveries were being made to my house and they even called me not accept the packages - I would strongly suggest you all verify your credit card accounts - they may have been hacked.

rezak12
November 5th, 2020

I ordered printer ink 18 days a go and still waiting to receive it! They said they'll refund my money within 5 business days, but it is now over 2 weeks and nothing refunded yet. Their online service is terrible, so disappointing!

avaj81
October 2nd, 2020
• Updated review

Refurbished phone sold as NEW
September 11th, 2020
• Previous review

I purchased an Iphone 8 from Staples.ca on Dec 2019. My iphone's camera broke down in July of this year and I attempted to have this iphone repaired with Apple under manufacture warranty. However, I was told by apple support that my phone was activated in 2017 and had been out of warranty for over 500 days. I was shocked and explained to Apple that the phone was purchased in 2019, not 2017. Apple support said if I could submit them an invoice with my serial number then they could perhaps claim my warranty. I obtained an invoice from Staples and sent to Apples, but they were unable to claim my warranty. They explained to me that since the phone was already activated in 2017, they cannot validate a secondary warranty as I'm the second owner. Apple explained to me that the phone was either a refurbished or a returned product. When I purchased the phone there was no indication on Staple's website that the phone was refurbished. I also paid for the price of a new phone. I approached Staples and they claimed the phone was new. I escalated the issue to a manager and I requested for a money back for my phone as it's unfair for me to pay for a refurbished phone for the price of a brand new phone. The manager said they would do some investigation with their vendor and will get back to me in 2-3 days. After 8 days of numerous attempts to contact Staples, I finally heard back from them today. The wrote me an email and indicate 1) I never claimed a warranty with Apple, which is false. I tried to claim warranty with Apple but I was denied. 2) Based on my serial number Apple never sold a phone to Staple's vendor, so I didn't purchase the phone from Staples.ca. I was shocked that they would respond me in this way. I have proof of purchase in my email that I bought this phone from Staples.ca. Staples will not issue a refund for the phone and asks me to repair the phone at my own cost. Staples sold me a refurbished phone but refuse to take the responsibility and since then they've been ignoring my calls and emails. I cannot believe that such a big company would treat customer in this manner!

js1421
December 2nd, 2020

Placed an order for my 88 y. O. HIGH RISK FOR COVID, disabled mother. Driver refused to deliver to her apartment door. As she was walking through the lobby she heard the driver, standing just outside the building with the external door wide open (letting heat out) say, "Come on, Grandma!" She got to the box, and he left. She was unable to lift the box. She was quite upset when she called me to finish what staples was paid to do, DELIVER MY PURCHASE.
Staples lost my business.

thomast1015
February 1st, 2021

They cheated on me! I bought more than $3k furniture from them. The quality is as garbage! And three main pieces did not deliver yet after one week based on their receipt. The status of my order is unknown! I will never buy from them.
Do not waste your money and time. It

Tip for consumers:

December 1st, 2020

GOOD PEOPLE AND EASY TO WORK WITH... MAYBE SOMETIMES. CALL THEM CHECK THEM OUT

wayneb500
March 4th, 2021

I received an eMail from Staples on March 3,2021 touting their " Clearance Event ". Since I was in the market for a new Desktop Computer, I checked in clearance. There were a number of different models supposedly available so I narrowed my choices to two ( 2) that seemed to be what I needed. On checking, both showed "Out of Stock for Delivery". I checked " Stock for Pickup " at every store in Ottawa and Gatineau for both models but only one model was available – quantity one in a store in Gatineau. I ordered it on March 3 but was told later in the day that they actually did not have what I was looking for. I then checked every store in Montreal but, again, nothing was available.

I called Customer Service and was told that they would not do anything about this situation. I don't understand how any reputable business can advertise things they know they do not have.

Going a step further, this type of thing is ILLEGAL. Section 74.04 of the Competition Act prohibits "bait-and-switch" selling which occurs when a product is advertised at a bargain price, but is not available for sale in reasonable quantities. Use of a general phrase, such as "quantities are limited," would not be a defence under this section, although it may reduce the quantity that would otherwise be required for a reasonable supply in a given situation.

eloniqued
August 27th, 2020

I ordered some folders to my school building on August 18, the information online said expected delivery August 21. I have them till the Monday because of course too good to be true. It is not August 27 and I still not have yet received the order. I live in Winnipeg a small city where everything is like 15-20 mins away. I know where the Staples are that closest me and I still have not received my order. When I call they say its on a truck and I they attempted delivery two days ago. The school doors are open from like 7- 6 because of a daycare operation furthermore we have custodians at even extended hours than the office is open. So they are lying about delivery attempts and I cannot escalate or cancel my order. I will never order online from them every again and when possible I will avoid buying from them. They are overpriced anyway. I bought the rest of my office supplies from Amazon, I just didn't think about it earlier that I could have also ordered these folders from Amazon. I will now have to order from Amazon and if the eventually bring the order, return it to Staples to get my money back. AVOID THEM IF POSSIBLE.

hyderh
May 8th, 2017

I deal with the people in south keys location, I been dealing with them for the last 12years I never had any issue with them, always they have solution for any problem
I recommended this location

nancyb198
April 17th, 2017

Staples is so reliable and has an excellent selection on line or in store. There is always help available and they have some pretty good sales each week.

carolr1114
June 4th, 2021

I ordered a home office printer, selecting a unit that showed as available. I require a printer for frequent printing while working remotely during covid. I ordered the printer & ink cartridges. The printer didn't come but the ink cartridges did; I was notified via email that the printer wasn't available. I have since tried to arrange a pick up of the cartridges from my home and have been told three times to leave it on my porch for just a few more days. It has been sitting on my front porch for over two weeks. I have paid over $100 for ink cartridges that I cannot use and can't seem to return. I can't afford that, but Staples doesn't care.

kimp527
January 12th, 2021

On November 27th, I ordered a mini fridge from Staples.ca.
After 2 weeks, I had not received any updates. I emailed the company. No response. I emailed the company a second time 4 days later, no response.
*as I was checking my account every morning for updates, I noticed a sale on Apple watches (Friday December 11). I clicked on the Apple 5 that was advertised for $299. No size or colour was available for purchase. This, I deemed as a scam to bait potential buyers into buying a lesser watch for more money and this contradicts current advertising laws (I have been on the website obsessively awaiting an update on my order and would have seen this front page ad within a couple hours of its post and these watches are commonly available).
I then called customer service and was advised my purchase would arrive on December 29th. On the 29th, there was still no update on my account.
On December, 31, I contacted customer service by phone again. I opted for a call back. I did not receive one. I called again the same day. Customer Service advised they would look into the matter and I would receive a response in 3-4 business days. With the holiday, I assumed that would be January 5/6.
No response. I called customer service on January 11. I pressed 2 (opting for a callback). I was told that the service was unavailable and was disconnected.
On Jan 12, I received an email stating that Staples could not get the fridge and that I should call customer service and discuss an alternative product (again baiting with a product they can not provide). I attempted to call customer service. Again a callback option was not available and hangup ensued. Upon arrival home after work, I called customer service and opted to wait on hold for a representative. After 45 minutes on hold, I was hung up on.
I then checked the website and noted the same product (that is not available) is still listed for sale on the website and the company is still baiting consumers to purchase a product they do not have.
I still have not received a refund. I still cannot get in touch with customer service.
There is no head office contact info to call to complain. And I have invested a massive amount of time and energy attempting to pursue what is clearly a company tactic to offer products that are not available to consumers in an attempt to coerce them to buy a product that they actually don't want.

Products used:
I never received a product

joyf84
August 28th, 2020

AVOID THIS COMPANY as much as possible. On ordering online, I made several inferences that I "had to have the item by a specific date". I was promised it would arrive by Aug. 28th, the day I needed. The item never arrived, I was home all day. On calling I was told the driver stated "company not open" - this was a residential delivery! I was advised they would deliver it the following Monday or Tuesday. This was of no use whatsoever to me. Their lack of concern for a customer has cost me a transaction worth several hundred dollars.
DO NOT TRUST STAPLES WHEN GIVEN A DELIVERY DATE. They would not give me the current location of the item so I could pick it up myself, and assured me there was no one else that could help me. I had to wait until the following delivery date. I will not accept the order now, and will request a refund. I WILL NEVER USE STAPLES AGAIN, THEY ARE LOSING A GOOD, LONG TERM CUSTOMER. VERY ANGRY.

mikeh1418
September 3rd, 2020

Called to get a price match against Bestbuy.ca as there is no bestbuy in the city I live in so thought I would take advantage of the discount on toner for my laser printer, spoke to a person and they put me on hold for almost 45 minutes then told me they would not price match. Good thing I bought $1200 in toner at the same time thank you but no thank you staples.

warrene5
2,465 helpful votes
March 16th, 2015

I buy a lot of things for my office at Staples. They have good selection and prices.

peterb1225
November 4th, 2020

I ordered some office supplies on line and was given a delivery date of November 4th. This was my first online order AND MOST LIKELY THE LAST AS WELL.

No delivery by 4pm so I call Staples and they tell me that they deliver until 5pm so I wait and once 5pm rolls around THEY ARE A NO SHOW!

I call them back and they apologize for this and I am told that it should be delivered by 5pm on Friday November 6th. That's not what I signed up for! They didn't even have the courtesy to call me and/or email me to let me know that they wouldn't be able to deliver to me on November 4th. My impression of Staples customer service has gone from a positive impression at first to a very negative impression to say the least!

loiso
February 16th, 2018

Never, never, never waste your money on this warranty. What the clerk tells you is bullocks. By the time you are finished getting jacked up by Staples you could have bought a new computer. The warranty covers repairs not backups and no free computer replacement. You'll gave to pay $129. To have them do a backup for you if you don't know how to do it your self. You have to drop the PC off at a Staples store and it will be gone to the Depot for 10-15 business days, that's 2 -3 wks. Staples does not give you a new computer if it is beyond fixing but instead they give you a store credit for whatever the depreciated worth of your computer is. And that's not all. You have to spend that money on a new computer that is exactly the same model as the broken one. Gouging, greedy bunch. Big time misrepresentation.
I won't be buying anything from them anymore. They used to be my go-to store for literally everything.

alb142
May 6th, 2019

Their sales are mostly useless as they generally start out expensive and moreover conditional, excluding many items. The website is pretty slow, filled to the brim with scripts and items available to be added to cart are actually out of stock or in very limited supply. Their in store pickup system can't coordinate well with their storefront, as they held an item on order for a week without any notification. Their in-store return is fairly painless, however.

brentd62
October 7th, 2019

They post lead time and when you call they make up info without checking. Was told two day for delivery and it took three weeks. When we called after a week they said another two days. We called after two weeks to cancel the order and they said you cannot cancel as the order is on the way. We sourced from another supplier and do not require any more. They blame a supplier, but I bought from Staples! Staples, take some responsibility. Your web site still says two days. Save aggravation and avoid.

Questions? Get answers from the Staples CA staff and other customers.

Your partner for office supplies, technology and cleaning & breakroom. Discover more about Staples product range today. FREE shipping on orders over $45

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Staples CA?

Have a question about Staples CA?