Social Security Administration

Social Security Administration

Social Security Administration has a consumer rating of 3.4 stars from 5 reviews indicating that most customers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Social Security Administration ranks 17th among Government sites.

How would you rate Social Security Administration?

“Perfection”

Dee D.
7/3/19

I have been very lucky in that *ALL* of my interactions with ssa.gov over the years have been extremely professional, helpful, understandable -- totally lacking is that robotic frustration-component one usually experiences from bureaucracies. They have been doing this a long, long time.

“Social Security broke many laws”

Jolynn B.
1/8/21

Back in October of 2020 my dad helped me sign up to draw his social security. Well i did the application over the phone and i thought that was it nope. Well i found out my local social security office mailed my application to Oklahoma social security office well these criminals have gotten into my medical records illegally. I emailed the senator OF kANSAS Jerry Moran about this he mailed me a medical release form supposedly this Oklahoma social security office said i signed it nope i did not sign it my name is on the witness line also this is forgery. Also another crime this social security office broke is lying they try to diagnose me with a disorder i don have they are not dr; s my local social security office knows my disorder they got proof all so this social security office has mailed me threatening letter threatening to cut off my ssi i been getting ssi ever since i been 21 caus eiam boarder line $#*!ed i was born this way this social security office has broken alot of laws my advice never ever do business with them

deed87
July 3rd, 2019

They have been doing this a long, long time.

neworleansd
June 17th, 2018

I'm old enough to remember getting an annual little pamphlet from the Social Security Administration that contained how much I had earned in my lifetime from my very first year of earnings until the present. Well that same statement is available online. It also includes the ability to apply for benefits or a replacement card (card replacement feature not available in all states).

Like most people, I protect my number and SS information like my bank account. But if you trust online banking, you should have no problem here. The SSA has to protect our data and have encryption in place, along with two-step authentication to secure your account, and I've been confidently using this site since it first went online.

jolynnb4
January 8th, 2021

arethesap
February 10th, 2018

SSA helps keep things going in life. I turned to them for help because no one else could help me or my children.

dragane1
December 31st, 2017

A detailed website about social security and workers' rights. Thanks for your support and helping me out.

There is an expected, understandable and reasonable hold of maybe 15 minutes or more during busy times like the beginning of the month, however I have had no complaints whatsoever over the years.

By Dee D.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Social Security Administration staff and other customers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Social Security Administration?

Have a question about Social Security Administration?