Social Security Administration

Social Security Administration

Social Security Administration has a consumer rating of 3.67 stars from 3 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Social Security Administration also ranks 16th among Government sites.

How would you rate Social Security Administration?

“Perfection”

Dee D.
7/3/19

I have been very lucky in that *ALL* of my interactions with ssa.gov over the years have been extremely professional, helpful, understandable -- totally lacking is that robotic frustration-component one usually experiences from bureaucracies. They have been doing this a long, long time.

deed87
July 3rd, 2019
They have been doing this a long, long time.
neworleansd
June 17th, 2018
I'm old enough to remember getting an annual little pamphlet from the Social Security Administration that contained how much I had earned in my lifetime from my very first year of earnings until the present. Well that same statement is available online. It also includes the ability to apply for benefits or a replacement card (card replacement feature not available in all states).

Like most people, I protect my number and SS information like my bank account. But if you trust online banking, you should have no problem here. The SSA has to protect our data and have encryption in place, along with two-step authentication to secure your account, and I've been confidently using this site since it first went online.
arethesap
February 10th, 2018
SSA helps keep things going in life. I turned to them for help because no one else could help me or my children.

There is an expected, understandable and reasonable hold of maybe 15 minutes or more during busy times like the beginning of the month, however I have had no complaints whatsoever over the years.

By Dee D.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Social Security Administration staff and other customers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Social Security Administration?

Have a question about Social Security Administration?