This website seems to be closed. Find similar businesses

Squaretrade.us

Squaretrade.us has a consumer rating of 1.33 stars from 3 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases.

How would you rate Squaretrade.us?

“Pro-rated refund?”

Carol B.
6/2/21

I have a $139 counter top oven that I bought along with the square trade plan. 15 months later when it stopped keeping a set temperature (the food didn't cook in the time it was supposed to and almost no warmth in the oven when I went to take the food out, making for a few late dinners before I gave up on it). I called them. After I completed the typical form to fill out I was told that there were no repair options available in my area I was told they would send me a pro-rated check. What? Uh, No. That was not in my contract. According to my contract I would get a repair, replacement or a refund. It never said anything about pro-rated refunds. I asked to speak with her supervisor and was told the same thing. I asked to speak to HER supervisor but the supervisor I had been talking to came back and told me her supervisor authorized a full refund. It seemed to me they would try to get you to agree to the prorated check unless you put up a stink (Showing my age there) and only then would they allow a full refund. I have had several refund or repair claims with the original square trade before Allstate bought them out and I had no trouble getting a replacement or a refund and there were no co-pays, Allstate has ruined the company and I will never purchase a warrantee through them again.

rajag5
November 8th, 2021

I have not purchased an extended warranty from this company due to the negative reviews. I did however, contact eBay a few minutes ago (chatted online with rep Cherry) and asked them to end their affiliation with this company due to the claims of fraud and the massive run around they give customers. She "promised" to relay concerns to her supervisor and higher ups. Hmmm, we will see if they take definitive action.

jeffv389
November 13th, 2021

SquareTrade US refund denied on merchandise not received due to out of stock. Merchant refunded purchase in full but SquareTrade US won't refund it's $29.99 warranty on the refunded purchase!

carolb2036
June 2nd, 2021

Questions? Get answers from the Squaretrade.us staff and other customers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Squaretrade.us?

Have a question about Squaretrade.us?