Review of SportEar

Draper, UT 84020-8274, US
support@sportear.com

scottl102
1/14/19

I purchased the Sport Ear 360. Tai recommended them for a full time hearing aid. Had the molds made for the custom fit. (That was $50.00) They said they were designed to be unseen in the ear. That wasn't the case, Worked great for hunting the one day I could use them, but for anything else they weren't so good. Very tinny, unnatural sound, Echo's, couldn't listen to music, heard yourself talk louder then anything else. Then after less then 1 week one stopped working, They said they could correct the problems with reprogramming and repair the one that stopped working, Shipped them back (on my dollar), Got them back just shy 2 1/2 weeks later, They Worked the same. Sent them back again to get the problems corrected and to have them cut back so they weren't so visible ( on my dollar again ) Got them back and they worked the same, Sent them back again, ( on my dollar again ) Had them replaced with the Sport ear 360 BTE that Parker recommended. And then he made note that they would have covered shipping. They worked great for full time use, Now very natural sound, comfortable, Not hardly noticeable, But they lasted 8 days, Now my luck with these hasn't been the greatest so I Decided to send them back for a refund, ( again on my dollar ) Because I have only had the 360's & 360 BTE for less then a total 2 1/2 weeks of use out of 3 months and making 3 months of payments along with the down payment, Contacted Sport Ear, They said they would refund me, Sent me a form to fill out to send back with the product. (Again on my dollar) Sent them back again, Will update what happens next.
Well it is now 45 days and the Finance dept finally got a hold of me and told me the account was closed. Sport Ear said they contacted the Finance dept 39 days before this notification. Now the finance dept said it is another 30 to 45 days to receive my reimbursement back. (So lets see how that goes) They can send a letter letting you know but can't send a check with it. I don't understand their process. The finance company is Allegro Finance.
I guess all in all I wouldn't recommend the Sport Ear. But maybe it was just my luck.

todds104
2/1/18

Bought a set of ghost strike hearing protection and they wouldnt even last 3 months of hunting. I had them a few years and every year i had issues, when ever i got them back from repairs they either sound fake, or the volume was to low, sometimes they have this faint machine gun noise going all the time, batteries sometimes wouldnt make it a half a day. One time i had issuse they sent me a new ghost strike to use till mine got fixed and it even stopped working after a few weeks.Each time u send them in they charge u 69 dollars so after i had almost 700 dollars into them i said im going back to walkers game ear they seam to last longer with alot less issues. I wouldnt recomend buying these i can tell u for sure they have not been feild tested. There reveiws that i saw online i can say r made up . I tested these in cold weather and warm weather and i garrentee u these are not the ones for hunting unless u carry regular ear plugs along for backup,

melvinf17
3/6/17

The company is great to work with. The reason I have 3 pair I lost a pair then found them after I replaced them( now they have service plans to help with that) and just recently up graded again. I see a couple of guys that have had trouble and I don't get it!!!! Battery's are very inconsistent. 10 boxes all is good the next box 3 will be bad brand new and 7 will be fine. You can pay 3 times the money for less!

peterh178
2/10/17

I ordered a custom set of hearing protection. They were supposed to cut through background noise at work and protect my hearing on the gun range. I emailed customer service when I received the product (I interpreted the instructions incorrectly), and it took a week to get a reply.
I was told to ship them back and they would reprogram the devices. I got them back and one does not work at all now.
I called customer service and was told I'd get a call from the "expert", but apparently customer service doesn't have the same sense of urgency that I do.
Please save yourself $$$ and frustration and stay away from SportEar products.

gg32
11/24/14

Found a very cool product in my search for hearing aids.
It's called SportEAR. It's the ultimate hearing aid for the outdoorsman.
It allows you to hear better while automatically protecting your ears from gunfire or other loud noises. Great for outdoor hobbies as well as working around loud noises.
I wish I'd had that 30 years ago before I damaged my hearing from too much shooting.
I ended up going with a Clearflex product that I have been thrilled with, but SportEAR was a great site and cool technology.

Questions? Get answers from the SportEar staff and other customers.

SportEar?