Review of Splice

Tel: +1.3235775423
security@splice.com

michaelf288
4/11/18

Basically the title. They don't update their packs / plugins / presets often enough so you're left with the same content every time you get new credits. It's basically more worth it to just go buy the soundpack you like than to pay per month and stack credits. I'm currently at over 500 credits because a lot of the sounds are...just crap I don't want. Basically the same problem you have when you buy a sample pack.

isaacm46
9/21/16

Incredible value for the samples alone (works out at about 5p per sample in GBP) because you can pick and chose which samples you want to download after auditioning them all - no more buying £40 packs and using three of the samples! As if that wasn't enough, the project file syncing capabilities are absolutely fantastic - for a monthly price that is less than dropbox you get access to a huge library of samples, open source project files AND streamlined, painless project file syncing (invaluable if you want to produce as part of a geographically separated group). The Splice toolbar is also a very intuitive and streamlined way to search through the sounds you've downloaded and drag them into your DAW.

wills68
7/14/16

Don't trust the "14 day free trial" bull$#*!
They will charge you immediately after the 14 days and right underneath it says "or if you download any sounds." So essentially what they are saying is "Yeah, the subscription to see that the sounds exist and are in their little database is free. But if you actually touch the sounds at all you have to pay us." That's like saying "Hey want a free donut? Free to look at though, since you ate it you owe me a dollar." Don't fall for it, $#*! those $#*!ing faggots. I hate sites that try to pull bull$#*! like that; Steve Martucci can suck a fat $#*!ing $#*!.

aerol1
3/14/16

As I remember, they advertised 100 free credits, and I admit, cause of my lack of paying attention I thought it'll be truly free, but rather they charged me for it. And they charged me 6 times more as I haven't been checking my prepaid visa with about 50 bucks on it for a while. And atleast, if I paid 6 times for this useless subscription, which should not be a subscription, but pay to get type of payment, as for when you use all your credits, I should already have 600 credits + 100 free, while I have only 300. I've wasted over 48 bucks for pretty much nothing. $#*!ing scam, no matter if I should be checking my transactions more often or not.

davea34
10/10/13

Splice is great if everyone agrees to use it and learn the software. Here is the problem, there are already way too many authoring programs out there and a wide variety of solutions. IndabaMusic, Kompoz, Ujam to name a few and if splice is going to charge a monthly or yearly fee, I do not think I will be using this. Everyone already uses dropbox to share files and all of these dropbox files update on the fly and that allow us to use whatever program we want and have become accustomed to using. I looked into splice but nobody else in our group wanted to learn how to use it. I am guessing this is going to be a big road block for splice.

Questions? Get answers from the Splice staff and other customers.

Splice?