Review of ReverbNation

Tel: +1-919-682-9593
support@reverbnation.com

josuer11
5/17/19

This web site will keep your interest with fake promise of promotion just to take your money, they send you offers and offers because they know you will bite any moment and them take your money

malloryw12
5/7/19

Their "opportunities" they send you are a scam. I was offered a recording deal by someone who wouldn't even offer me a contract to look over, wanted me to fly to NYC ALONE and pay for my own hotel and flight, on top of them keeping almost all of the profits and I had to market the album myself in order to make money. On top of that, another "opportunity" they sent me gave my computer malware when I visited the site of the "record company". I reported this via twitter and support ticket, and when I went to check the status I see they blocked my account for "fraud". If you are a serious musician do not do business with them. Use Soundcloud, or Bandcamp. You'll get more listens and better interaction.

russellh93
4/29/19

If you are a fresh local artist with less than 5 years of experience, you can forget getting noticed and signed. It's absolute garbage. The whole purpose of sites like these if they work on the musicians behalf is to help get them noticed. "Free promotion, that they offer is hogwash and so misleading. Avoid this at all costs.

reverbnationi
4/26/19

stupid annoying ads, you should get burned for this. stop it. you guys suck. ............................................ .................

timothya65
3/22/19

Want to manipulate your ranking? Spend some of your money there, or, like others, have a bot army play your tunes non-stop. What a scam. "Free promotion" is hogwash shell game. Worse yet are their "professionals" who "review" your music and gush about it. You can send them a turd and they'll give it a glowing "review" because you $pent to get it. Just fake crap designed to pry money from people with high hopes.

dond192
3/18/19

my song got 283k streams on spotify and i was suppose to be paid over 1300$ when i wrote them about not receiving my money the bloced my account and claimed thay my streams were fake. $#*! i have over 6million steams on spotify and I have music out with 4 other distributor's who pays me religiously! these guys are a bunch of thives with a bunch of fake promos that they use to seal these poor artist money and make you pay for fake promos that are worthless its a pure hustle.... i will blow this up on social media steward the guy that answered my ticket probably split my royality money with his buddies in the office..

I'm sick of these scumbags robbing artist please be careful
and dont waist your money with reverbnation

adriant53
3/2/19

Ive been using reverberation for years...very user friendly, I have not spent a dollar on it but its great for sharing my music with my family friends and fans, all you artists blame reverberation for not bringing you to fame....what did you think this was 150$ .....sign up.......and all of a sodden you're famous going multi-platinum......instead of $#*!ing about a service that was free, get out there and sell singles....sell albums .....and if you rely on that you'd better be ready to bend over and sell your buns

tommyr40
1/23/19

I think the headlines say it all. They stole my money and then when I unsubribed from everything, they sent me a spam 30 mins later. The worst and a huge waste of my time for which karma will pay RN back!!

rolandg29
1/12/19

I'm a singer/songwriter. ROL G. My lovely YouTube channel is not monetised. I would like to earn a few pennies by offering my songs on Spotify or I-Tunes hence I came across this joke of a company.
In all honesty this diabolical ReverbNation "service" deserves minus 5 stars.
Reverb Nation is a robot controlled time wasting monstrosity.

There is no chance whatsoever of getting any human assistance in response to any question. I guess you get what you pay for.
I thought I'd try them by submitting my profile and one song for distribution via Spotify.
It was pure hell. I must have sent 20 requests for help with one problem after another but never once received a proper response. The only replies they sent were links to nonsense which has nothing to do with any of my questions or any of the specific problems I was having with the various Reverb Nation forms which do not function at all. It was a total and utter waste of my precious time.

mw211
1/7/19

My overall opinion of RN remains about the same - they host my website - the Site Builder templates are simple but not elegant. But there is not much detail furnished from them (or anywhere) about their marketing model - which I actually didn't understand as I implied in my first review. So .. from personal experience I've noted a few observations - both general and related to marketing. I've used most of their distribution offerings - including:
1) Fan Reach - the best utility offered. If (the key word) you have acquired lists - from RN subscriptions, and/or the various social media outlets (RN/SoundCloud/FaceBook/Twitter .. ect) - these my info/song distribution points. There are many others but if these don't deliver some result - then alternatives have to very competitive. Fan Reach is basically a distribution client that allows an artist to contact any subscriber on the lists mentioned. If you have 5 RN email subscribers - you can compose an email "Hi - I''m Me!", "Dig My New Song!", "I'm Back - and Cookin'" - that sort of message and RN has a template that composes the message in an acceptable format then mails your 5 emails out. There are options to also send the same to FaceBook and any other media with a list of your subscribers. OK .. this is an essential service that works fine.
2) Promotion Campaigns - where a song is promoted to music sties for a weekly fee. It is not well-defined what a 'music site' is - but I would expect music blog, personal music list sharing and such. I would not expect any pay services or radio streaming sites - but it is not clear. The fee varies depending on the number of distro sites used by RN - which suggests the size of the targeted streaming audience you want to reach. Once a campaign is started - statistics are provided - as an example of a 1-week campaign: total number of Ad Views - 9745, number of websites with Ads - 2115, number of Fan Interactions - 344. For only $21.00. But, the total number of Interactions can mean someone liked your cover photo, your artist or song name .. but not that the song has been sampled or played. As a result the campaign may not contribute much to your RN fanbase or song plays at all. This is the chance you take - I usually gain a few of each - but I always choose to spend about 20.00/week for a week of two max when I finish writing a new song that I would like to measure the response to. Campaign stat
3) Single Song Promotions - RN has offers to promote a single song based on some internal criteria - and for 15.00-20.00/offer you will be promoted on either a 'local' list - like Phoenix,AZ or more general list (unknown distro extent) - for 35.00/wk - which I have just tried and will review the results when time permits.
4) Crowd Reviews - do not affect your statistics at all. They are a list of individuals answers to a review after listening to your submitted song. There may a reward consisting of a one-time spot on the RN Homepage. The criteria is having an average review of 7.5 out of 10. It is an interesting exercise to personal opinions - though it would be very helpful to know how the reviewer panel is selected - randomly, of course - but from RN members - a volunteer/paid reviewer list? The song I submitted fell far short of the 7.5 milestone required for the 'reward' - which consists of a snapshot link in a list of 6 on page 4 on RN Homepage. The statistics provided are interesting and well-formatted .. but without achieving/exceeding the required review value, of little use for promotional strategy use.

As most RN members know - your receive a lot of 'Opportunities' that you can 'Reach 3 million fans' or win an 'Exclusive Interview' .. I have had no luck when entering these 'contests'. Most are judged by RN then the contest promoter - presumably by RN first. But I would be curious if there is any bias introduced from RN first judging a song that perhaps they have already rejected once - a question that I will ask the folks at RN soon .. if I were them, I would sell the contest win for a fair fee - it's just business.

Another aspect of the RN fanbase .. since it is a forum used by artists - it is also almost exclusively composed of artists. I often notice that when reviewing someones songs to compose a comment (always 4-5 songs - or a whole list if it is not too long - and some prolific artists may have over 100 songs to choose from), there are other commentors with whom I've recently communicated - that tends to imply that RN is a small, genre-connected world. It should be noted that artists do not often purchase each others songs. However to have your talent recognized and commented on by other artists, who themselves are often talented, is personally very gratifying. And those who actually take the time to listen to your material - the essential reason most of us create music - is the main reason that number of song plays is more important than size of fanbase to me.

larrym373
1/5/19

All they want is your money. After dropping my monthly subscription , my ratings dropped by the thousands

brandonm98
12/30/18

Besides the mass amount of spam email I receive from them, the worst part about this website is how you can't get anywhere without them trying to empty your pockets - Go to upload a song, "file size too big. (greater than 8mb) please upgrade your plan to continue uploading". Or - "we thing your song is worthy of some free promotion, claim it here." Then you proceed to click and fill out pages and pages of garbage, just to get to the last page where you notice that they actually plan to charge you for it. No transparency! It's a setup. Illegitimate. BS.
Side note- I only ever had 1 fan on the platform and I'm pretty sure it was a troll.
I could go on for days about how useless this website is, but everyone else's comments pretty much sum it up. Don't waste your time like I did!

Tip for consumers: "It's a trap!"

michaels692
12/11/18

My account was hacked.
They never respond to emails...
Trying to get access to my page, but they wouldn't do scrap...

alouetted1
12/8/18

I signed up and submitted my song and cover art, and they kept writing me back telling me to correct this or that on my cover art. I used Photoshop's "newsprint" effect on my cover picture, and they told me the picture is blurred when it isn't, and they said the picture is of poor quality when they view it at normal size. They said it was full of pixels. Idiots! Those are not pixels they're seeing, and if they'd look closely they would see it's not pixels, but the Photoshop newsprint effect. The kept writing back telling me what to put on my cover. So I got really ticked off at these idiots for trying to define my image and trying to tell me how to present my image. I guess they're the selfie generation and if a picture isn't crystal clear like that taken with a cell phone camera, if it has any artistic attributes whatsoever, it is rejected. I told them to f.o. and refund my money, and they won't let me delete my song on their service. So they probably stole my song.

chrisw588
11/26/18

If you want your review to come from a biased service where they just talk about your song in a really negative manner then this is the service for you. We ended up getting a rap song reviewed and the audience that reviewed it wasn't even the same age group that listens to our music. Alot of the people reviewing the song were between the ages of 40-50. Don't use this service from them unless you want to waste your money.

johnp1237
11/14/18

I'm not even going to mention the money scam they have going in this company ! yes, money is important but lets face it 90% of similar music promotional sites are scamming
gullible hopefuls out of their money with ZERO chance to succeed ! OK, maybe zero is too strong.more like 1 in 100,000 ? So,maybe better chance playing the Lotto? I did not become a member of ReverbNation but I did check out their conditions by clicking on their accept button, Real horror show ! Basically they OWN your personal details + any music you may download ! In fact they are the new owners of EVERYTHING once you press that little tiny accept button that VERY few actually look into !!! Check it out and spread the good word and NEVER allow these mongrels to think they are above reprisals ? and they do you know while they dance all the way to the bank.

cliffk9
11/13/18

I am constantly dissappointed in the user interface. The processes are not intuitive and the error messages are so vague, as are the ways to fix any errors.
Seemingly simple tasks just take forever.

trevorb70
11/12/18

I am looking for unsigned artists and based in the U.S.A Send links to tb.enterprises@ntlworld.com

jaym300
9/21/18

Don't be fooled with their promotion campaign scam. I paid several hundred dollars for almost no traffic. It's so much better to use Facebook and Youtube for promotion and not this scam.

zachj12
9/14/18

I have had similar negative experiences with this site, however there are the Crowd Reviews.

Here is my experience with promoting songs.

I would not give them a one, but they are not in the positive review arena quite yet.

lylek12
8/20/18

Our band spent $145 on their "promote it" campaign and got exactly - NOTHING. No response at all. In the future I'll know to save my money for something useful.

tlocd
7/14/18

I LOVE IT!!! I've used their website for 3 years now and I am very impressed by it. I got many contacts with the music industry

mikeb772
7/8/18

Reverbnation is a fraud! So, we were #1 in our region by a LONG shot before ever paying ANYTHING except for $3 promotion monthly however reverbnation found some way to use my EXPIRED credit card and proceeded to weasel $350 out of my bank account for four weeks straight before I noticed. I proceeded to stop payment and fortunately my bank got my money back. Like I stated earlier we were #1 by far in EVERY category but when they figured out I got my money back they locked me out of my band account and destroyed our ranking. I asked them why they locked our site down they said I ordered their service(my account was hacked) and I owed them money. I did not order any services from them. These SCUMBAGS are not here to help bands...period. They are here to PREY on hard working musicians. Most likely a basement geek with a paypal account who is stealing from us. This is the scum that is rampant throughout the entire modern day music business. They all need to be hung by the balls!!
www.LevRage.com
Facebook/LevRage
soundcloud.com/levrage

Tip for consumers: Basement geeks scamming musicians!!

rebeccag12
3/29/18

I got a cheezy email from ReverbNation saying I had "unlocked" their "latest finds". Inside it said they were giving me "personal recommendations based on artists and genres you know and love." I do listen to new music all the time, so I gave each song a short opportunity to demonstrate it's similarity to artists and genres I know and love. All I can say is "ReverbNation you don't know me." None of the songs were appealing to be in the least. Now I am unsubcribing to their email list.

I hope to give musicians some insight into what they might be paying for if they sign up with ReverbNation. Either they only have 5 bands as clients, or they pick which songs to send to whom out of a fishbowl. The only thing I feel now is annoyance.

feefm
3/20/18

People are going crazy talking about what a scam Reverbnation is. YIKES! I was going to get involved deeper but now I have second thoughts
, bigtime.

Casey some of the other responses pretty well sums it up. Theidea is a good one the product frome Reverb is not good. Reverb/facebook are making some money on this as they should if they were providing a service that worked as described by them. I have bashed them enough over the past couple of years and yet you will still find my band on there. We don't subscribe to any of there services for we have found them useless. Everything they offer as a promotion you can do yourself and will do a much better job and your promotions will probably present who you are and what your about better than Reverb. My group has been together in some format for 35 years so I have a LOT of experience with promoting what we do and that is how I am basing my opinions of Reverb. Reverb is more of an inward cir le where other musicians check out what your doing. Being a musician you understand that it is partially quriousity and part ego. NO EGO NOT A GOOD MUSICIAN. All that said we have made some friends on Reverb even with some well known artist and acts but thats it nothing else has come from it and it never will. Get yourself a good Web site and use facebook. Make your own poster designs. Mail your stuff to whoever and don't leave anyone out hell send one to the mail man. Call on your local venues or any venue you are trying to book and hound the piss out of them until they tell YOU NO! It has been that way for the fourth years that I have been a part of the music/entertainment world and it will always be that you can promote yourself better than anyone else unless you do start to get that regional attention and then there are folks who are really good at it but you want have to worry with that your MANAGEMENT? will or should take care of that for you Hope this helped and we wish you great success with your music and career.

By DB S.

If I were you, based on all the reviews here on this site I would simply shut down my account with them completely! And, as someone suggested, contact Paypal and have them block the merchant from further charges! Then, move on to another music service with a better reputation, like SoundCloud! You can also do a Google search on "list of websites like SoundCloud! I know they will treat you right! In the end, if the folks who run this website don't honor the artists who perform on it then just don't honer them with your money! Stay clear!

By Steven S.

Only if you want to loose money. They will gladly take your money but you won't see any result from it.

By Lyle K.

As the reviews here warn, RN isn't interested in maintaining a reputation for integrity, As long as they get your money, the future be damned.

By James S.

Questions? Get answers from the ReverbNation staff and other customers.

7 Photos for ReverbNation