Review of ReverbNation

Tel: +1-919-682-9593
support@reverbnation.com

tommyr40
1/23/19

I think the headlines say it all. They stole my money and then when I unsubribed from everything, they sent me a spam 30 mins later. The worst and a huge waste of my time for which karma will pay RN back!!

rolandg29
1/12/19

I'm a singer/songwriter. ROL G. My lovely YouTube channel is not monetised. I would like to earn a few pennies by offering my songs on Spotify or I-Tunes hence I came across this joke of a company.
In all honesty this diabolical ReverbNation "service" deserves minus 5 stars.
Reverb Nation is a robot controlled time wasting monstrosity.

There is no chance whatsoever of getting any human assistance in response to any question. I guess you get what you pay for.
I thought I'd try them by submitting my profile and one song for distribution via Spotify.
It was pure hell. I must have sent 20 requests for help with one problem after another but never once received a proper response. The only replies they sent were links to nonsense which has nothing to do with any of my questions or any of the specific problems I was having with the various Reverb Nation forms which do not function at all. It was a total and utter waste of my precious time.

mw211
1/7/19

OK - I gave it a 'B' - I understand the business model. I expect xlnt service for nothing or next to nothing - like many folks - but it doesn't exist. We all believe ourselves creative and worthy of merit. I had a positive attitude 50 years ago in Haight-Ashbury, San Francisco - but finally chose another job. RN can only deliver if their audience finds what they want - if low returns - RN's fault? I'm creating again but know there's no magic carpet. Todays competition makes playing live and interacting the honest way to build respect - I'm a one man band - but fame and fortune are rare rewards. I've had a few RN interface problems - they happen with any program interface. My issues were resolved - mostly to my satisfaction

larrym373
1/5/19

All they want is your money. After dropping my monthly subscription , my ratings dropped by the thousands

brandonm98
12/30/18

Besides the mass amount of spam email I receive from them, the worst part about this website is how you can't get anywhere without them trying to empty your pockets - Go to upload a song, "file size too big. (greater than 8mb) please upgrade your plan to continue uploading". Or - "we thing your song is worthy of some free promotion, claim it here." Then you proceed to click and fill out pages and pages of garbage, just to get to the last page where you notice that they actually plan to charge you for it. No transparency! It's a setup. Illegitimate. BS.
Side note- I only ever had 1 fan on the platform and I'm pretty sure it was a troll.
I could go on for days about how useless this website is, but everyone else's comments pretty much sum it up. Don't waste your time like I did!

Tip for consumers: "It's a trap!"

michaels692
12/11/18

My account was hacked.
They never respond to emails...
Trying to get access to my page, but they wouldn't do scrap...

alouetted1
12/8/18

I signed up and submitted my song and cover art, and they kept writing me back telling me to correct this or that on my cover art. I used Photoshop's "newsprint" effect on my cover picture, and they told me the picture is blurred when it isn't, and they said the picture is of poor quality when they view it at normal size. They said it was full of pixels. Idiots! Those are not pixels they're seeing, and if they'd look closely they would see it's not pixels, but the Photoshop newsprint effect. The kept writing back telling me what to put on my cover. So I got really ticked off at these idiots for trying to define my image and trying to tell me how to present my image. I guess they're the selfie generation and if a picture isn't crystal clear like that taken with a cell phone camera, if it has any artistic attributes whatsoever, it is rejected. I told them to f.o. and refund my money, and they won't let me delete my song on their service. So they probably stole my song.

chrisw588
11/26/18

If you want your review to come from a biased service where they just talk about your song in a really negative manner then this is the service for you. We ended up getting a rap song reviewed and the audience that reviewed it wasn't even the same age group that listens to our music. Alot of the people reviewing the song were between the ages of 40-50. Don't use this service from them unless you want to waste your money.

johnp1237
11/14/18

I'm not even going to mention the money scam they have going in this company ! yes, money is important but lets face it 90% of similar music promotional sites are scamming
gullible hopefuls out of their money with ZERO chance to succeed ! OK, maybe zero is too strong.more like 1 in 100,000 ? So,maybe better chance playing the Lotto? I did not become a member of ReverbNation but I did check out their conditions by clicking on their accept button, Real horror show ! Basically they OWN your personal details + any music you may download ! In fact they are the new owners of EVERYTHING once you press that little tiny accept button that VERY few actually look into !!! Check it out and spread the good word and NEVER allow these mongrels to think they are above reprisals ? and they do you know while they dance all the way to the bank.

cliffk9
11/13/18

I am constantly dissappointed in the user interface. The processes are not intuitive and the error messages are so vague, as are the ways to fix any errors.
Seemingly simple tasks just take forever.

trevorb70
11/12/18

I am looking for unsigned artists and based in the U.S.A Send links to tb.enterprises@ntlworld.com

jaym300
9/21/18

Don't be fooled with their promotion campaign scam. I paid several hundred dollars for almost no traffic. It's so much better to use Facebook and Youtube for promotion and not this scam.

zachj12
9/14/18

I have had similar negative experiences with this site, however there are the Crowd Reviews.

Here is my experience with promoting songs.

I would not give them a one, but they are not in the positive review arena quite yet.

lylek12
8/20/18

Our band spent $145 on their "promote it" campaign and got exactly - NOTHING. No response at all. In the future I'll know to save my money for something useful.

tlocd
7/14/18

I LOVE IT!!! I've used their website for 3 years now and I am very impressed by it. I got many contacts with the music industry

mikeb772
7/8/18

Reverbnation is a fraud! So, we were #1 in our region by a LONG shot before ever paying ANYTHING except for $3 promotion monthly however reverbnation found some way to use my EXPIRED credit card and proceeded to weasel $350 out of my bank account for four weeks straight before I noticed. I proceeded to stop payment and fortunately my bank got my money back. Like I stated earlier we were #1 by far in EVERY category but when they figured out I got my money back they locked me out of my band account and destroyed our ranking. I asked them why they locked our site down they said I ordered their service(my account was hacked) and I owed them money. I did not order any services from them. These SCUMBAGS are not here to help bands...period. They are here to PREY on hard working musicians. Most likely a basement geek with a paypal account who is stealing from us. This is the scum that is rampant throughout the entire modern day music business. They all need to be hung by the balls!!
www.LevRage.com
Facebook/LevRage
soundcloud.com/levrage

Tip for consumers: Basement geeks scamming musicians!!

rebeccag12
3/29/18

I got a cheezy email from ReverbNation saying I had "unlocked" their "latest finds". Inside it said they were giving me "personal recommendations based on artists and genres you know and love." I do listen to new music all the time, so I gave each song a short opportunity to demonstrate it's similarity to artists and genres I know and love. All I can say is "ReverbNation you don't know me." None of the songs were appealing to be in the least. Now I am unsubcribing to their email list.

I hope to give musicians some insight into what they might be paying for if they sign up with ReverbNation. Either they only have 5 bands as clients, or they pick which songs to send to whom out of a fishbowl. The only thing I feel now is annoyance.

feefm
3/20/18

People are going crazy talking about what a scam Reverbnation is. YIKES! I was going to get involved deeper but now I have second thoughts
, bigtime.

irwins17
3/6/18

The whole idea is wrong. To pay money, with the hope that these companies might deliver you jobs, which might be real, might be not. Who can tell...We, musicians should all stop this practice by not signing up to any of these sites.

sarahs417
1/31/18

Took an unauthorized payment from my account due to automatic renewal which I did not sign up for. Would not refund and could not get paypal to refund. Accused me of fraud and canceled my account. Funny things is there should be some kind of gain with fraud. I am now out over $100 USD, no reverb account and no refund. Where is my gain???? TERRIBLE service!

michaelw416
1/19/18

Don't spend money on "promotion". The only people who go there are other bands!!

The free service is good for posting songs for Facebook friends. As for paid services - they adhere to the Levi Strauss paradigm - few prospectors ever find gold, but they all need rugged pants!!

Why two stars? Because they let you post low-rez songs online for free. The other three missing stars are for the age-old scam of selling fake hope to the hopeful. No one will ever see your $#*! but your friends and other wannabee success stories.

derekp41
1/15/18

Curious how many other musicians have had money stolen from Reverbnation.com, and had them ignore you after you've provided the requested proof of the mystery withdrawals from your bank account. These guys stole $600+ and on proof of the discrepancy they've gone completely silent and are no longer responsive.

Does this story sound familiar to any fellow musician friends?

chrisb441
12/7/17

I would rate the service I received subpar at best. In all actuality I feel that not only I, but my band was gypped out of lasting memories because of some fine print in terms of use which essentially translate into legal theft. We purchased a service and canceled said service before renewal, which was well within our rights to do so. However, money was still drafted from an account that was no longer permitted to be used and ended up causing $200+ in overdraft fees. After reaching out to ReverbNation, they said tough luck so we had no choice but to deny the charges with our financial institution. We never heard anything from ReverbNation again. Our page was up, everyone could still see it and purchase songs from it, but we had no access to it. Fast forward 5 years and an attempt to log in to check old statistics and upload some old demos I get an alert that the account is frozen. I make a request to have it unlocked and then get cold stiff "tough luck" again and that our page has been terminated. I am very disappointed in this company, and can never recommend such a shady service to anyone.

edgarg14
12/1/17

I've used their website for 3 years now and I am very impressed by it. I got many contacts with the music industry, A & R representatives, including licensing opportunities in London and Hollywood. I pay only 10 dollars a month, that's the price of 2 cups of coffee. To be honest, I was very skeptical at first.

jonf50
11/14/17

The site reminds me of Acidplanet. Its pretty easy to set everything up, but from there your on your own. If you can market yourself than you may have better luck. Where do you go from there with it, dont know. I like the updates when your page is viewed or your someone fans you, but that's it. I can say my "fans honestly all care about my music. The crowd review seems off to me. Every reviewer sounded like Simon Cowell from American Idol.

Casey some of the other responses pretty well sums it up. Theidea is a good one the product frome Reverb is not good. Reverb/facebook are making some money on this as they should if they were providing a service that worked as described by them. I have bashed them enough over the past couple of years and yet you will still find my band on there. We don't subscribe to any of there services for we have found them useless. Everything they offer as a promotion you can do yourself and will do a much better job and your promotions will probably present who you are and what your about better than Reverb. My group has been together in some format for 35 years so I have a LOT of experience with promoting what we do and that is how I am basing my opinions of Reverb. Reverb is more of an inward cir le where other musicians check out what your doing. Being a musician you understand that it is partially quriousity and part ego. NO EGO NOT A GOOD MUSICIAN. All that said we have made some friends on Reverb even with some well known artist and acts but thats it nothing else has come from it and it never will. Get yourself a good Web site and use facebook. Make your own poster designs. Mail your stuff to whoever and don't leave anyone out hell send one to the mail man. Call on your local venues or any venue you are trying to book and hound the piss out of them until they tell YOU NO! It has been that way for the fourth years that I have been a part of the music/entertainment world and it will always be that you can promote yourself better than anyone else unless you do start to get that regional attention and then there are folks who are really good at it but you want have to worry with that your MANAGEMENT? will or should take care of that for you Hope this helped and we wish you great success with your music and career.

By DB S.

Hopefully you used Paypal as a buffer to your credit card access. Go to PayPal and cancel the automatic billing. ReverbNation will then suspend your account because they don't tolerate people protecting themselves financially, but you'll be better off. If you gave them your credit card number, call your bank or go to your online statement and contest or block their transactions. Best of Luck. We've all been through this.

By James S.

Only if you want to loose money. They will gladly take your money but you won't see any result from it.

By Lyle K.

As the reviews here warn, RN isn't interested in maintaining a reputation for integrity, As long as they get your money, the future be damned.

By James S.

Questions? Get answers from the ReverbNation staff and other customers.

4 Photos for ReverbNation