Review of SpareRoom.co.uk

SpareRoom.co.uk reviews

Tel: 0161 768 1162

udita4
8/18/18

This website asks you to pay for an upgrade for contacting landlords and if you pay, no one replies to your ad/message. Absolutely fake!

ascent
5/15/18

I recommend not to use this platform if you ever have to rent a room. It is not safe as they announce.
They do not check who is advertising and they do not protect you in case the advertiser does not follow the law.

philipj44
3/10/18

Spareroom used to be a great place for landlords to find tenants and for tenants to find somewhere to live but over the past year the website is littered by fake adverts from letting agents. As a landlord I used to get lots of replies to my advert (which cost £24.99 for 28 days) but now there are so many agents adverts on there that your advert very quickly (within a couple of hours) slides down the list and off the first several pages so that it is very unlikely that your advert will be seen after those first couple of hours. Renewing your advert only places your advert to the top of the bold list for the DAY that you placed your advert - so if you placed your advert 7 days ago then you will always have 7 days worth of adverts above yours as well as other adverts on your advert's day which have been renewed since yours was. Tenants have told me most of the letting agents adverts are fake (e.g. great location, lovely property, low rent) and are just used to get you to call the agent who will say that property you phoned about is no longer available but will persuade you to go and view their other "amazing" properties which tend to be in not such a great location, are not so nice and nowhere near as good value as their advertised property. Spareroom are of course a business and make good money out of the agents adverts but this has resulted in the website becoming pretty useless for landlords and tenants.

annam266
9/18/17

Do not trust this site. They allow to their site to have advertisments that are propably a scum (they even "warned" me about it with email but didnt do anything else.advertisment was still on their site). I almost been hakked a couple of days later.

tanyas34
6/22/16

I have been using spareroom since 2011 to rent out my spare room and occasionally to find a room. I was always very pleased with the service provided and efficiency of this website.
Initially, it was so efficient that you could put a free ad and still manage to get people to contact you. Later on, putting a paid/featured ad became a common practice if I wanted to rent out the room quickly because more and more people started placing ads on the website. I was still very satisfied as it was efficient and a real value for money.

I have not used the website for few months and last week I posted a paid ad on spareroom and was very very very disappointed!
I placed the ad at 2pm and at 8pm the same day I could not find my ad anywhere. I called customer support team and was advised that my ad dropped to 100+ place due to high volume of ads for this area and I need to keep pressing renew button to push it up. However, this "renew" option does not work as my ad still stays on the same place or even drops further. I then was advised to search for people who are looking to rent in the same area and contact them, which I find not an efficient way at all, and it increases spamming, it is not and should not become a dating website or a friend making/meeting website.

Tanya

Questions? Get answers from the SpareRoom.co.uk staff and other customers.

SpareRoom.co.uk?