SourceForge

SourceForge has a consumer rating of 4.77 stars from 42 reviews indicating that most customers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Consumers satisfied with SourceForge most frequently mention business software. SourceForge ranks 3rd among Downloads sites.

• There must be no limitations set on other software by a piece of open source software.
  • We pay for a Plus Package on SourceForge for our business software, so that we are listed in their software directory.

No critical highlights yet

How would you rate SourceForge?

“Pretty good repository for software reviews, room for improvement”

Stefan L.
6/19/21

The good -large amount of software covered, both business and open source -review system promotes reviews by business professionals that actually use the software -easy to use find-as-you-type kind of search The bad -searching can be challenging if looking for something without knowing the exact spelling -browsing could be improved -reviews should require more information (than one liners) to be provided The ugly -nothing, really

“I never use Sourceforge now”

Stewart C.
11/13/16

I spent hours trying to remove malware. My last download (I forget the program) took over my search engines on all browsers. I probably spent four hours trying to rectify it manually and Chrome remained infected. Unfortunately many companies still use Sourceforge. Please be very wise if you even think of using this site - it could cost you hours of time or a lot of money to get fixed - who knows - you might lose data?

source software (6) business software (6)
marliob
July 31st, 2021

It is a great tool for software developers and companies of any size that are looking for a specific software listing. It has allowed us to close that giant gap we had with the customer and they have given us a fast and accurate approach. They have provided us with sufficient information through graphs and software comparison tables. Everything is spectacular.

tauseefs1
December 4th, 2020

SourceForge is the best website I came across to see genuine reviews of paid and free applications, which are posted by the users who have used the applications themselves. Another good thing about SourceForge is the websites' user interface. It is one spot where we can get details of the application form features to its price with a download option as well. A must-have application to make your task easy.

aryanm13
November 23rd, 2020

SourceForge.net is a very beneficial and trusted website that provides to download millions of open-source software for many purposes including projects. The business software review section is also well implemented.
I got a positive experience with this.

rakeshb15
October 11th, 2020

SourceForge helps me to discover and learn in detail about the business software's pros and cons. It's a very user-friendly platform.
With this website, we can easily compare and analyze different business tools. It also offers the best free platform for different Open-Source projects.

jordane63
July 31st, 2020

We've been using SourceForge for years to find the best software for our business, whenever the need arises. SourceForge has done a great job building a comprehensive business software directory that lets you filter by remarkable granular criteria. So, for example, when we needed a new email marketing tool, we turned to SourceForge and input our needs and found a great tool that we now use every day.

When we launched our own software product, I figured we'd list it on SourceForge to get some exposure, and we even signed up for one of their paid plans. The results blew my mind. For the price, we get so many more qualified leads than any other business software site we advertise on. SourceForge is the best kept secret (maybe not for long) in the business software advertising world. If you want to acquire new customers for your software or SaaS product, then SourceForge need to be at the top of your list.

They also have a great open source software directory and repository, because sometimes open source software is the best choice, depending on what you need. Highly recommend.

sadafs9
November 30th, 2020

Sourceforge has made my digital life lot easier as now I can get numerous opensource software in few clicks from a such a well managed place and it's software review section is also very detailed and helpful for purchase decision about needful tools.

ahrons
August 5th, 2020

A great platform to find new business software and compare them with others. We can also check genuine user reviews for feedback on the software. It really helps find software best suited for our needs.

shristib
July 21st, 2021

I use SourceForge to track down the right programming for my business needs. We utilized a modest bunch of heritage frameworks and excessively numerous accounting pages in our business, so I began utilizing SourceForge to track down the best programming for our business. I utilized SourceForge to assess CRMs, Invoicing programming, project the executives programming, and much more. I additionally work straightforwardly with my customers and a considerable lot of them required assistance discovering the POS programming for their necessities or other stock administration programming. I could just place their measures in the channels on SourceForge and it assisted me with tracking down some cool options I had never known about. I truly like their "Choices" highlight which let me go to an item one of them may have effectively utilized and simply click on the "choices" button and there I would track down the top contenders, making my inquiry much speedier.

stefanl56
June 19th, 2021

The good
-large amount of software covered, both business and open source
-easy to use find-as-you-type kind of search

The bad
-browsing could be improved
-reviews should require more information (than one liners) to be provided

The ugly
-nothing, really

Tip for consumers:
search google for the specific name of a product, then use this name to search sourceforge

Products used:
a lot of the open source software for small business'

kunalr6
August 4th, 2020

It's an intuitive web-based business software hub to find and compare the best tool which I was searching for my business.

akashs64
November 21st, 2020

This website offered great stuff that helps to make the best decision while selecting business software for my business. On the positive side, it's very easy to use and has broad software support.

georgew556
July 27th, 2020

I work for a SaaS company that sells software. SourceForge is by far our number one channel for acquiring new customers. We pay for a Plus Package on SourceForge for our business software, so that we are listed in their software directory. They provide way more qualified clicks than other business software directories. We also have a community version (open source) of our product, so we list that in their open source section, and get thousands of downloads per week for free. SourceForge is a godsend when it comes to marketing business software and acquiring new customers.

hs243
August 7th, 2020

SourceForge is an excellent multi-benefit platform for downloading and comparing business software. It helps me to find the right tool for my professional use. Easy to use with categorized tool search options.

farazm4
July 10th, 2021

I am a software developer and i have to use and test a lot of software as a part of my work and SourceForge has helped me alot in this work.
SourceForge hosts one of the largest open-source projects repositories thats helps thousand like me.
SourceForge also helps in comparing various business softwares.

dennisb283
June 14th, 2021

SourceForge is a dynamite way for SaaS businesses to get new software customers. SourceForge offers fixed cost packages (as opposed to PPC like some business software sites do) where you can get unlimited clicks to your website and acquire a boatload of new customers. In addition to acquiring new customers, SourceForge offers a program to help you get real, honest reviews from your customers, and features a variety of other promotional methods that come included as part of your package. Highly recommend SourceForge if you're a SaaS company looking to acquire new customers.

SourceForge Business Software Listing Package

shreyasp2
November 21st, 2020

We have been using sourceforge as our go to spot to check for cheaper or FOSS alternatives to mainstream softwares. This has saved a lot of time and money for us to get it all at one place. The only thing it lacks is a bit of modern UI and sorting or searching based on tags

mikaelr4
June 24th, 2021

You can read reviews as well as write reviews about a product.
The reviews are authentic and reliable.
I have bought few software on the behalf of those review as they were very accurate.

Tip for consumers:
The reviews are verified.

Software and Games.

gauravp23
June 18th, 2021

There are many things that I like about this platform. For example the User interface is neat and easy to use. The reviews are trusted. Open source as well as business softwares are available at source-forge. Downloading is fast and easy.
The software was well described and gives key features with its integration supports. Easy to view alternative tools from its categories.

- Quick software comparison.
- Easy learning curve.
- Its user reviews tell the real-life experiences.
- Great reporting on your software campaign.
- Biggest open source software hub.
- End-User centric approach, easier to distribute and download content from.

Tip for consumers:
- Easy to use and user friendly
- To see the trusted review of the software.
- Download the all business related software at one place
- Cheapest price

Snowflake, MongoDB and Postman

purabj
June 26th, 2021

Pros:
Out of many things that I liked about SourceForge, the clean user interface tops the list.
It is a great place to discover business software products as well as open source software. There are multiple genuine reviews available from the users of those software programs on SourceForge.
Cons:
I have not come across any.

isabellah31
August 1st, 2020

I come to SouceForge to find the right software for my needs. I use it for both business and personal reassons, and their open source section is helpful for when I need free software. I mainly use it to find software for my business.

sais37
August 5th, 2020

I have used SourceForge for a long time now to search for, compare, and read reviews of a lot of commercial and open-source software. I like how they provide comparisons between several options and also suggest the top alternatives to anything you need. Also, you need not worry about malware as long as you are downloading from SourceForge.

puranm
November 13th, 2020

Sourceforge is my favorite platform that helped me find out the best tool, which I was searching for. The side by side comparison is great. It was an easy and seamless experience using this platform. Highly recommend!

yashn5
December 1st, 2020

It's the best website to get leads and reviews on different software. It has a super user-friendly interface and offers many functions on one page. The overall website is very convenient and trusted.

nishantg12
November 18th, 2020

Sourceforge is a wide platform for software. It has a massive list of open source and business software. The ability to filter out and compare software is great. In usability it's fantastic.

pradeepk171
December 6th, 2020

SourceForge is highly recommended when you are looking for a business software & check user reviews.

Yes its normal, it is just windows defender doing its job. In the case of sourceforge you can trust the source and download it.

By Faraz M.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the SourceForge staff and other customers.

SourceForge is an Open Source software community resource dedicated to helping open source projects be as successful as possible. The vendor states they thrive on community collaboration to help them to create a premiere resource for open source software development and distribution.

With the tools they provide, developers on SourceForge create software in over 502,000 projects; SourceForge hosts millions of registered users. Its directory connects more than 32 million monthly users with all of these open source projects and serves more than 2.6 million downloads a day. Their business software directory lists over 50,000 software titles.

IT professionals come to SourceForge to develop, download, review, and publish open source and business software. SourceForge boasts being the largest, most trusted destination for Open Source Software discovery, software reviews, and software development on the web.

logana38
Logan A.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SourceForge?

Have a question about SourceForge?