SourceForge

SourceForge has a consumer rating of 4.53 stars from 34 reviews indicating that most customers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Consumers satisfied with SourceForge most frequently mention business software. SourceForge ranks 3rd among Downloads sites.

• There must be no limitations set on other software by a piece of open source software.
  • We pay for a Plus Package on SourceForge for our business software, so that we are listed in their software directory.

No critical highlights yet

How would you rate SourceForge?

“Best website for trusted reviews and analytics.”

Tauseef S.
12/4/20

SourceForge is the best website I came across to see genuine reviews of paid and free applications, which are posted by the users who have used the applications themselves. Another good thing about SourceForge is the websites' user interface. It is one spot where we can get details of the application form features to its price with a download option as well. A must-have application to make your task easy.

“I never use Sourceforge now”

Stewart C.
11/13/16

I spent hours trying to remove malware. My last download (I forget the program) took over my search engines on all browsers. I probably spent four hours trying to rectify it manually and Chrome remained infected. Unfortunately many companies still use Sourceforge. Please be very wise if you even think of using this site - it could cost you hours of time or a lot of money to get fixed - who knows - you might lose data?

source software (6) business software (6)
tauseefs1
December 4th, 2020
rakeshb15
October 11th, 2020
SourceForge helps me to discover and learn in detail about the business software's pros and cons. It's a very user-friendly platform.
With this website, we can easily compare and analyze different business tools. It also offers the best free platform for different Open-Source projects.
aryanm13
November 23rd, 2020
SourceForge.net is a very beneficial and trusted website that provides to download millions of open-source software for many purposes including projects. The business software review section is also well implemented.
I got a positive experience with this.
jordane63
July 31st, 2020
We've been using SourceForge for years to find the best software for our business, whenever the need arises. SourceForge has done a great job building a comprehensive business software directory that lets you filter by remarkable granular criteria. So, for example, when we needed a new email marketing tool, we turned to SourceForge and input our needs and found a great tool that we now use every day.

When we launched our own software product, I figured we'd list it on SourceForge to get some exposure, and we even signed up for one of their paid plans. The results blew my mind. For the price, we get so many more qualified leads than any other business software site we advertise on. SourceForge is the best kept secret (maybe not for long) in the business software advertising world. If you want to acquire new customers for your software or SaaS product, then SourceForge need to be at the top of your list.

They also have a great open source software directory and repository, because sometimes open source software is the best choice, depending on what you need. Highly recommend.
sadafs9
November 30th, 2020
Sourceforge has made my digital life lot easier as now I can get numerous opensource software in few clicks from a such a well managed place and it's software review section is also very detailed and helpful for purchase decision about needful tools.
ahrons
August 5th, 2020
A great platform to find new business software and compare them with others. We can also check genuine user reviews for feedback on the software. It really helps find software best suited for our needs.
kunalr6
August 4th, 2020
It's an intuitive web-based business software hub to find and compare the best tool which I was searching for my business.
akashs64
November 21st, 2020
This website offered great stuff that helps to make the best decision while selecting business software for my business. On the positive side, it's very easy to use and has broad software support.
georgew556
July 27th, 2020
I work for a SaaS company that sells software. SourceForge is by far our number one channel for acquiring new customers. We pay for a Plus Package on SourceForge for our business software, so that we are listed in their software directory. They provide way more qualified clicks than other business software directories. We also have a community version (open source) of our product, so we list that in their open source section, and get thousands of downloads per week for free. SourceForge is a godsend when it comes to marketing business software and acquiring new customers.
hs243
August 7th, 2020
SourceForge is an excellent multi-benefit platform for downloading and comparing business software. It helps me to find the right tool for my professional use. Easy to use with categorized tool search options.
shreyasp2
November 21st, 2020
We have been using sourceforge as our go to spot to check for cheaper or FOSS alternatives to mainstream softwares. This has saved a lot of time and money for us to get it all at one place. The only thing it lacks is a bit of modern UI and sorting or searching based on tags
isabellah31
August 1st, 2020
I come to SouceForge to find the right software for my needs. I use it for both business and personal reassons, and their open source section is helpful for when I need free software. I mainly use it to find software for my business.
sais37
August 5th, 2020
I have used SourceForge for a long time now to search for, compare, and read reviews of a lot of commercial and open-source software. I like how they provide comparisons between several options and also suggest the top alternatives to anything you need. Also, you need not worry about malware as long as you are downloading from SourceForge.
puranm
November 13th, 2020
Sourceforge is my favorite platform that helped me find out the best tool, which I was searching for. The side by side comparison is great. It was an easy and seamless experience using this platform. Highly recommend!
yashn5
December 1st, 2020
It's the best website to get leads and reviews on different software. It has a super user-friendly interface and offers many functions on one page. The overall website is very convenient and trusted.
nishantg12
November 18th, 2020
Sourceforge is a wide platform for software. It has a massive list of open source and business software. The ability to filter out and compare software is great. In usability it's fantastic.
pradeepk171
December 6th, 2020
SourceForge is highly recommended when you are looking for a business software & check user reviews.
navneetn1
November 16th, 2020
This is not only a source to get an idea about a software but also choose from similar software which could help you to improve your productivity. You can find reviews on all the software out there, their users experience and then choose the right software to manage your productivity.
rahulm75
November 19th, 2020
SourceForge is a great place to discover software for business purposes, and compare it with other software. I use it to be up to date about tools and applications, reading reviews of open-source and other commercial software which help me a lot to improve my productivity.
abhisheks141
November 30th, 2020
SourceForge is one of the prefect website where we get every single software, you can see reviews of software or compare them with others, also site can show you the alternative of software if available and last SourceForge is nice customer support.

Tip for consumers:
SourceForge is best platform for both business or personally use.

Products used:
I see Reviews from this site then i go for it.

prashantk31
November 25th, 2020
I found this site very useful for comparing software and downloading them so that you could get the right software for your business and work to increase your efficiency.
maqsoods
December 14th, 2020
I am using it for a while now, it provides well written and detailed analytics of nearly every app out there. The overall experience is good as whatever was written in reviews were nearly accurate, which helped me a lot and saved a lot of time and money.
logana15
September 18th, 2017
SourceForge is a great place to download free open source software. It's been around for over a decade and has hundreds of thousands of projects to choose from. They also recently added a malware scanner that scans all projects on the sites to make sure they do not contain malware. All downloads are now https as well. Highly recommend.
halj13
November 15th, 2016
SourceForge was acquired by a new company earlier this year and has vastly improved since then. They have added https support, removed all bundled adware, they scan projects for malware, and your account can have 2 factor authentication enabled as well.
joels6
May 4th, 2012
I have been very happy with my experiences with SourceForge.Net. I love open-source software, and here it is all in one place. As a previous reviewer said, it is "a bit slow," but not intolerably, and free, to say nothing of safe, is worth the wait. I wish all the projects they list would be active, but surely there are enough as it is...

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the SourceForge staff and other customers.

SourceForge is an Open Source software community resource dedicated to helping open source projects be as successful as possible. The vendor states they thrive on community collaboration to help them to create a premiere resource for open source software development and distribution.

With the tools they provide, developers on SourceForge create software in over 502,000 projects; SourceForge hosts millions of registered users. Its directory connects more than 32 million monthly users with all of these open source projects and serves more than 2.6 million downloads a day. Their business software directory lists over 50,000 software titles.

IT professionals come to SourceForge to develop, download, review, and publish open source and business software. SourceForge boasts being the largest, most trusted destination for Open Source Software discovery, software reviews, and software development on the web.

logana38
Logan A.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SourceForge?

See reviews as you browse with our Firefox extension

4.5
Have a question about SourceForge?