SocialSecurity.gov

SocialSecurity.gov has a consumer rating of 2.75 stars from 8 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. SocialSecurity.gov also ranks 3rd among Retirement sites.

How would you rate SocialSecurity.gov?

“I thought I was out of luck!”

Mary H.
4/11/18

I recently lost my ssn due to moving out of state, and no where to be found in my house. I really thought I was out of luck until I found this site, ssn.gov! I made an account and they will ask you questions relevant to your current status. I request for my ssn on the website March 28th 2018, and was told I will be contacted by my email because they needed the time to look over my information. Three days went by, five days went by, after a week I received an email on April 3rd, 2018 saying my request was approved and will be receiving my social security card within 7-10 days. I have finally received my social security card yesterday, April 11th, 2018. The best day of my life! I will definitely keep this safe from now on ;) By the way, I didn't even have to pay a penny; it's absolutely 100% FREE!

“HORRIBLE SERVICE....HORRIBLE WEBSITE”

Sew P.
5/27/20

For over a year I have been trying to get into my account. For over a year I wait and get worthless pin resets and just keep going in circles. Then the agents are utterly useless and have attitudes up the kazoo. I just want a copy of my statement for crying out loud. I am so done waiting 2 weeks for everything and then to be told oh hang up go a a fax and we will fax it. Seriously??? I waited 30 minutes just to get through. Now you want me to do that again! This is the worst business you can ever have the privilege to get information from.

jonathanc205
July 14th, 2018
I have applied for Social Security Disability. I have already had a hearing. I am waiting for the judge to make a decision on my case. In the meantime I tried to get a letter saying I don't receive benefits. I went on the website and set up an account. There is a link to get such a letter. But when I click on the link it shows only my birthday. It doesn't say if I do or don't get benefits. The whole idea of the letter is to inform people if I get benefits or not.

The site doesn't really answer questions. It shows some of the personal information that Social Security has about you such as work history but if you are waiting for a judge to make a decision you won't get any real information.

By JONATHAN C.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the SocialSecurity.gov staff and other customers.

Official website of the U.S. Social Security Administration.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SocialSecurity.gov?

Have a question about SocialSecurity.gov?