Shawfield Timber reviews

Tel: 0141 613 2333

1 Review From Our Community

stephenf66
6/5/18

I've used this place a lot over the last couple of years and we were due to buy £1500 worth of flooring and a few hundred pounds more in fencing from them, until the most recent order.

The problem is ordering from them online. You place your order, pay for it and when you get to the merchant you still have to wait around until one of the guys is free to put your order together. I've waited half an hour or longer on occasion just for the guy to go get the wood.

But the worst problem is getting there and they don't have what they said they had showing 'in stock' online. I ended up chasing them for a few days for a refund for something I'd paid for that they didn't have. Waited several days for a phonecall to tell me when it came in. No phonecall and three emails to get my money back, with a curt reply to the last email to the manager and no apology.

There isn't a shortage of wood merchants around so I've decided not to go back and would rather buy my timber and flooring from a more reliable supplier a bit further away but who is much more straighforward to deal with.

Tip for consumers: ordering online won't save you time, won't guarantee the stock is available and you can expect the same waiting time as if you'd ordered over the counter

Questions? Get answers from the Shawfield Timber staff and other customers.

Shawfield Timber?