Spybot Search Destroy

Spybot Search Destroy has a consumer rating of 3.33 stars from 3 reviews indicating that most customers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Spybot Search Destroy ranks 33rd among Antivirus Software sites.

How would you rate Spybot Search Destroy?

“Effective tool for beating and identifying spywares”

Sophie W.
1/21/20

I have been working with version 1. 6. 2 of this program for 7 years along with the same legendary program as Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. Both programs work in my "on demand" mode, ie. I run them as needed (suspicious situation or prevention). During all this time, the filth that got into the computer was captured and effectively destroyed. At least, no matter how serious the work of the computer, she did not have time to hurt (this is practically around the clock computer). In the last year, he even refused the firewall. Thinking about giving up an antivirus. All settings of both programs are only those that are set by default. I believe that neither Avira, Nod, nor Kaspersky, nor other famous (and not very) antiviruses, on the effectiveness of the work can not be compared with these two programs. This is my personal opinion that has evolved over the years. But, unfortunatelly, it has weak file scanner. Here https :// thinkmobiles.com/blog/best-anti-spyware/ it is mentioned, that is suits only advanced users, but I would not say so.

“Abysmal customer service”

Bes B.
1/29/21

I have been using a paid edition of Spybot for several years. Within the last couple of years they have become very user unfriendly. Some aspects of the program are difficult to install (and this is not just me, I have seen complaints from other users.) I contacted them once or twice when I first started using it and they were very helpful. No more. They do not respond to emails, they do not respond to messages on their website, they couldn't care less. I will not be renewing.

timothyh2
January 20th, 2011

I have used Spybot for over 10 years. It is a great tool to have in my arsenal. It offers passive and active spyware protection for FREE. They ask for donations, but the donation is worth it. They also produce other types of software.

AWESOME program.

patrickk164
Patrick K.

Thanks a lot for your review and for being a loyal customer for so long :)

sophiew53
January 21st, 2020

susanb136
January 29th, 2021

Questions? Get answers from the Spybot Search Destroy staff and other customers.

First and foremost Team Spybot believes in the individual’s right to privacy in the Digital Age. This is what drives us to produce software and not the commercial interests of investors.

Business History

In 1999, while still an Applied Computer Sciences student, Patrick Kolla-ten Venne’s computer became infected by malware. In those days there was nothing available to get rid of the infection so he wrote a piece of software that automated the removal process – the very first Spybot.

The Computer Press published a question Patrick had about this special malware. Soon Patrick was getting requests from readers for his software. It was then called Spybot – Search & Destroy and made available to the public. During the first years of this century a community of people called Team Spybot started to work on this project. Their communication platform was and still is a forum. They searched for new threats, analyzed malware, translated the software and the website to more than 40 languages and helped others with problems in this field.

To provide a robust infrastructure to distribute the software the company Safer-Networking was formed. In the following years the demand for complete security solutions grew, so nowadays Anti-Virus is also available with Spybot. Along with this trend the necessity to protect user’s privacy leads to new tools, like the Anti-Beacon.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Spybot Search Destroy?

Have a question about Spybot Search Destroy?