Resume Build

Resume Build has a consumer rating of 2.42 stars from 91 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about Resume Build most frequently mention credit card, day trial and customer service problems.Resume Build ranks 120th among Resume sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 59.3%

No positive highlights yet

• It shows a plan subscription for $1.95, and after 7 days it will charge your for $59 without asking you.
  • If you have this happen to you, contact your credit card company to dispute it.
How would you rate Resume Build?

“This website is really a blessing.”

Janice F.
4/26/21

This website is really a blessing. Created a professional resume for my job interview within seconds. 5 stars without any doubt.

“BIGGEST SCAM EVER.”

Gorkem E.
10/10/21

As everybody mentioned, you think that you are subscribing for only 7 days but they keep your credit card information and use against your will, charge you 59$. I even did not receive any email that is saying your subscription will be renewed after one week. It is a robbery. The service they provided is very limited, you cannot even change the design of your CV. They do not deserve any money. Do not use them.

7 days (16) credit card (7) 12 weeks (3)
gorkeme1
October 10th, 2021

rebekahh12
January 25th, 2018

The 7 day subscription is great. However beware that you will be charged $29.95 at the end of the 7 days and the company is unwilling to reverse those charges if you did not realize you would be charged. They said that they sent an email with the automatic charge detailed, however I cannot find any such email in my records. If it was my error, so be it, however, most companies are willing to reverse a charge made under these circumstances. Resume build is not. Buyer beware.

andrewc1262
April 13th, 2021

Might be late, but at least I got such professional templates for my resume creation. Due to a bulk of options, I got confused while selecting one, but their support team suggested me later. Wanna thanks them!

janicef234
April 26th, 2021

nicoler895
April 28th, 2021

Such a great site for creating CV immediately when you are running late yet need perfection! 5/5! Great experience.

cathleene8
October 8th, 2020

First of all, no mention of cost was presented when I first began building my resume on this program. After spending a lot of time on it, up pops the $2.00 fee for instant access. I had already invested my time and did not mind paying that to download my resume. Much to my surprise, I was billed $59 the next week for a membership I did not want or need. I tried to get a refund and they refused. Horrible company, horrible representation on their website. Avoid them like the plague!

myrtism
April 7th, 2021

The tool has made resume building quite an easier task for me! I just followed some steps and ended up getting a perfect CV that aligns my job description well.

morgang128
October 19th, 2021

Scam, stay away. They make it seem free, ask to charge for 7 days for $2 (which is fine) then auto renew for $59 for 12 weeks if not cancelled. (which is stupid expensive who would need that) but also fine.

The issue is you cancel within the 7 days they lie and say you didn't and charge you and refuse to give a refund of the money they stole. Many people have had issues with this

I have contacted my bank, the bbb, as well will be looking into an attorney. I don't play games

don't use it

resume build

robertad99
July 19th, 2021

Super easy process for creating a professional-level Resume. The templates and color palette is minimal and can suit all type of professions/job descriptions.

brettr110
July 2nd, 2021

Got my resumes done in time with top-notch templates. It was so easy to work on this tool and I am super satisfied.

peggyj111
May 25th, 2021

Allowed me to create a professional three pages without charging even a penny. I anticipated half an hour, but it was done in ten minutes. Such a great experience.

aikenz
March 15th, 2020

0/10 I would not recommend this website, I paid ₱99 ($1.95) for 1 week of use then yesterday I found out there's nothing left in my bank account they took $43.22 (₱2,198.00) to my account.

UPDATE: Sorry for the late update. Fortunately I was able to get my money back even though resumebuild refunded my money I would still *not* recommend resumebuild avoid resumebuild because they will charge you a lot of money even though there's 5 star reviews (which is sketchy) avoid resumebuild 100% scam bad service

UPDATE 12/19/21: If you are a victim of this scam please consult your bank ASAP. Do not trust 5 star or any positive reviews those are probably bots or paid reviews please share this to everyone to avoid getting scammed stay safe everyone.

Tip for consumers:
Please avoid resumebuild, they will steal all of your money bad service!

Resumebuild

thomasmm
April 9th, 2021

Useful website so far! I could choose perfect templates from the bulk of options and also customized that according to the recruiter's need. Loved color options, ease of editing, and other unique things!

donovanr25
August 13th, 2021

I signed up for a month, but given the incredible assistance. In one week, I've completed more than I have in months! My queries were swiftly answered, and the advice and support I received were outstanding. This is a fantastic website, and I appreciate all of the help I've received. Thank you very much.

benniev37
June 1st, 2021

Being a beginner user, ResumeBuild was the only software that helped me create an attractive CV for my job profile. Thumbs up!

stephens1330
May 7th, 2021

I hate making resumes, but Resumebuild has made it painless. Its templates are so fine & the interface is easy to use.

mollyk64
April 14th, 2021

I appreciate the ease of using different templates, necessary editing, and voila we are all done! Later, I was confused at the time of downloading my resume but their support helped me in this. Will keep using this website for further needs!

alh198
September 10th, 2021

Charged me $60 dollars without my consent and then refused to give a refund. This resume building website is not worth that kind of money and you're better off utilizing other websites instead. Don't even bother asking for a refund from support because "no refunds" are written into their terms of service. It's very scammy and exploitative.

Don't use this site.

Resume builder

lunag18
May 30th, 2021

Tool saves so much time and energy for creating a formal and professional resume. From selecting templates, feeding in information, editing it, and taking a printout was smooth as butter.

arlenea84
July 31st, 2021

Truly a helpful tool to get a suitable resume for any desired profession. Easy to select templates with elegant outlook. I also got positive feedback from the HRs regarding the job I applied for last week.

pedron25
April 29th, 2020

They make it seem like you can download your resume for a one time payment of $1.90 something. A few weeks later, they charge you over $50 for a subscription you didn't know you had. Tiny letters in the confirmation email they sent you are your only clue that you will be charged. To make it even harder to see it, they put those tiny letters at the end of the email, far from the confirmation button you have to press. Stay away, they are scammers who are looking to steal the money of people who are looking for jobs.

josefinah11
August 11th, 2021

I am so glad to have such an excellent website there to create professional resumes within minutes. Didn't faced a single issue and the final resume looks all perfect.

sarahl1317
August 10th, 2021

While putting together my resume, I visited a number of websites. I came upon this one, and it is the greatest of them all. I can add as many fields as I want, something I couldn't do on some other sites, and they have appealing designs.

louiem74
August 1st, 2021

ResumeBuild hasn't created any issues for me. It's just the tool I was looking for so long. Apart from alluring templates and easy formatting, I am glad to have timely assistance from their support! Will continue using the platform!

markn387
January 17th, 2020

SCAM. 100% SCAM. Exactly what everyone else here said: You sign up for a misleading $1.95/one week service, and they auto "renew" charge you $59 after one week, unaware that you had signed up for a new "subscription". If you dispute, they falsely tell you that you signed up for a trial and followed their terms of conditions. Also no email receipt of the $59 transaction. I found out through my bank statement. They give you no option of an auto renewal or choice of service plan.

Please do not visit this site as its a scam. Initially it will charge you very less amount for the trial then they will charge you after every seven days with three times higher amount. I have blocked my account just because of this stupid website.

By Shona b.
See more answers (3)

Scam. They charge you a $2 fee for the cost of one resume and then $59 every 12 weeks. $#*!ing $#*!heads.

By Nancy S.
See more answers (3)

By Shona b.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Resume Build staff and other customers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Resume Build?

Have a question about Resume Build?