Resume Build

Resume Build has a consumer rating of 2.92 stars from 71 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about Resume Build most frequently mention credit card and day trial problems. Resume Build ranks 60th among Resume sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 55.6%

No positive highlights yet

• It shows a plan subscription for $1.95, and after 7 days it will charge your for $59 without asking you.
  • If you have this happen to you, contact your credit card company to dispute it.
How would you rate Resume Build?

“This website is really a blessing.”

Janice F.
4/26/21

This website is really a blessing. Created a professional resume for my job interview within seconds. 5 stars without any doubt.

“Ripoff!”

Cathleen E.
10/8/20

First of all, no mention of cost was presented when I first began building my resume on this program. After spending a lot of time on it, up pops the $2.00 fee for instant access. I had already invested my time and did not mind paying that to download my resume. Much to my surprise, I was billed $59 the next week for a membership I did not want or need. I tried to get a refund and they refused. Horrible company, horrible representation on their website. Avoid them like the plague!

7 days (16) credit card (7) 12 weeks (3)
janicef234
April 26th, 2021

rebekahh12
January 25th, 2018

The 7 day subscription is great. However beware that you will be charged $29.95 at the end of the 7 days and the company is unwilling to reverse those charges if you did not realize you would be charged. They said that they sent an email with the automatic charge detailed, however I cannot find any such email in my records. If it was my error, so be it, however, most companies are willing to reverse a charge made under these circumstances. Resume build is not. Buyer beware.

nicoler895
April 28th, 2021

Such a great site for creating CV immediately when you are running late yet need perfection! 5/5! Great experience.

jamesg2453
March 20th, 2021

Cheaper than paying someone for building a resume manually. The selection of layouts is nice. I also appreciate that the site doesn't trick newbie users by creating confusion among paid & free use.

cathleene8
October 8th, 2020

carolc1359
February 21st, 2021

Very responsive customer service team. I had a misconception about adding personal information, especially phone numbers, but they cleared it out in a few seconds. I could later make my resume in 07 minutes, supposed to take an hour though!

myrtism
April 7th, 2021

The tool has made resume building quite an easier task for me! I just followed some steps and ended up getting a perfect CV that aligns my job description well.

aikenz
March 15th, 2020

Sorry for my bad english anyways 0/10 i would not recommend this website, i paid 99 Pesos (1.95$) for 1 week of use then yesterday i found out there's nothing left to my bank account they took 43.22$ (2,198.00Pesos) to my account i didn't even agree to this & i know i'm idiot for using my debit card i wont use debit anymore & also i hope i can get my money back because i saved up for that money please report this website if possible, also avoid going to this website.

myrac49
March 1st, 2021

I thought creating a resume would be tricky. However, Resume Build cleared this misconception of mine. I just pulled out some relevant templates, added details, and done! Easy as pie.

andrewc1262
April 13th, 2021

Might be late, but at least I got such professional templates for my resume creation. Due to a bulk of options, I got confused while selecting one, but their support team suggested me later. Wanna thanks them!

thomasmm
April 9th, 2021

Useful website so far! I could choose perfect templates from the bulk of options and also customized that according to the recruiter's need. Loved color options, ease of editing, and other unique things!

mariaj585
March 7th, 2021

I am super happy to see that within 5 minutes, I created my resume through this site, which usually takes an hour to create by myself. Highly recommended!

mollyk64
April 14th, 2021

I appreciate the ease of using different templates, necessary editing, and voila we are all done! Later, I was confused at the time of downloading my resume but their support helped me in this. Will keep using this website for further needs!

stephens1330
May 7th, 2021

I hate making resumes, but Resumebuild has made it painless. Its templates are so fine & the interface is easy to use.

pedron25
April 29th, 2020

They make it seem like you can download your resume for a one time payment of $1.90 something. A few weeks later, they charge you over $50 for a subscription you didn't know you had. Tiny letters in the confirmation email they sent you are your only clue that you will be charged. To make it even harder to see it, they put those tiny letters at the end of the email, far from the confirmation button you have to press. Stay away, they are scammers who are looking to steal the money of people who are looking for jobs.

markn387
January 17th, 2020

SCAM. 100% SCAM. Exactly what everyone else here said: You sign up for a misleading $1.95/one week service, and they auto "renew" charge you $59 after one week, unaware that you had signed up for a new "subscription". If you dispute, they falsely tell you that you signed up for a trial and followed their terms of conditions. Also no email receipt of the $59 transaction. I found out through my bank statement. They give you no option of an auto renewal or choice of service plan.

hollyj85
February 12th, 2020

I used their free trial on one occasion. I was being charged on auto-pay different amounts for over a year consequentially. They would not return my money even after confirming I had never visited their site past the first day. Heartless for-profit business.

tammyg255
April 5th, 2021

Resumebuild is just the tool I needed to create a professional resume for getting a reputed job! Due to its easy formatting options and ease of editing, I had ZERO trouble accomplishing the goal!

erinnw2
May 5th, 2021

Quite simple to use. No confusing steps, from resume creation to download. And, it's the first time I get to see a lot of templates on a single platform.

mattiec30
April 6th, 2021

It took few good minutes to feed in all the details and select the template before downloading it. Within minutes, my resume was ready. Very helpful..

dexterr31
April 8th, 2021

Resume Build is such an easy-to-use site to make the desired resume. It took me less than 15 mins to make a professional one! I am finally ready for my interview this evening.

martinar34
February 23rd, 2021

I like the easy navigation of the site. Templates are all professional. I just picked one according to my eligibility criteria, added a few details, then I was able to apply for various jobs.

brendaa593
May 4th, 2021

Resume Build proved to be incredibly useful for me when I was looking for a resume maker in an urgency. Thumbs Up!

kavindrar
January 31st, 2020

Do not leave your credit card information! Do not use this site! They charge you freaking 59 dollars after 7 days. I bought the 7 day unlimited access for 2 dollars. They have a tiny clause that says you have to unsubscribe if not 59 dollars will be charged every month. If they're a reputable company they wouldn't automatically sign you up for their unlimited access program when you sign up for a 7 day program. This is hard earned money.

jacobg201
December 1st, 2020

I was asked to pay 2 dollars for my resume and that was it. I now randomly had 59 dollars taken from my bank account out of no where. Now my bank account is in the negative and I will have to pay fees with money I don't have. I don't have a job or any means of income right now and this website just totally $#*!ed me. No mention of having to pay 59 dollars anywhere when paying the 2 dollars. I now have to pay for going under with money I don't have. Ridiculous.

Please do not visit this site as its a scam. Initially it will charge you very less amount for the trial then they will charge you after every seven days with three times higher amount. I have blocked my account just because of this stupid website.

By Shona b.
See more answers (3)

Scam. They charge you a $2 fee for the cost of one resume and then $59 every 12 weeks. $#*!ing $#*!heads.

By Nancy S.
See more answers (3)

By Shona b.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Resume Build staff and other customers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Resume Build?

Have a question about Resume Build?