Resume Build

Resume Build has a consumer rating of 1.02 stars from 43 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about Resume Build most frequently mention credit card and auto renewal problems. Resume Build ranks 97th among Resume sites.

No positive highlights yet

• It shows a plan subscription for $1.95, and after 7 days it will charge your for $59 without asking you.
  • If you have this happen to you, contact your credit card company to dispute it.
How would you rate Resume Build?

“Ripoff!”

Cathleen E.
10/8/20

First of all, no mention of cost was presented when I first began building my resume on this program. After spending a lot of time on it, up pops the $2.00 fee for instant access. I had already invested my time and did not mind paying that to download my resume. Much to my surprise, I was billed $59 the next week for a membership I did not want or need. I tried to get a refund and they refused. Horrible company, horrible representation on their website. Avoid them like the plague!

7 days (16) credit card (7) 12 weeks (3)
cathleene8
October 8th, 2020
aikenz
March 15th, 2020
Sorry for my bad english anyways 0/10 i would not recommend this website, i paid 99 Pesos (1.95$) for 1 week of use then yesterday i found out there's nothing left to my bank account they took 43.22$ (2,198.00Pesos) to my account i didn't even agree to this & i know i'm idiot for using my debit card i wont use debit anymore & also i hope i can get my money back because i saved up for that money please report this website if possible, also avoid going to this website.
pedron25
April 29th, 2020
They make it seem like you can download your resume for a one time payment of $1.90 something. A few weeks later, they charge you over $50 for a subscription you didn't know you had. Tiny letters in the confirmation email they sent you are your only clue that you will be charged. To make it even harder to see it, they put those tiny letters at the end of the email, far from the confirmation button you have to press. Stay away, they are scammers who are looking to steal the money of people who are looking for jobs.
markn387
January 17th, 2020
SCAM. 100% SCAM. Exactly what everyone else here said: You sign up for a misleading $1.95/one week service, and they auto "renew" charge you $59 after one week, unaware that you had signed up for a new "subscription". If you dispute, they falsely tell you that you signed up for a trial and followed their terms of conditions. Also no email receipt of the $59 transaction. I found out through my bank statement. They give you no option of an auto renewal or choice of service plan.
hollyj85
February 12th, 2020
I used their free trial on one occasion. I was being charged on auto-pay different amounts for over a year consequentially. They would not return my money even after confirming I had never visited their site past the first day. Heartless for-profit business.
kavindrar
January 31st, 2020
Do not leave your credit card information! Do not use this site! They charge you freaking 59 dollars after 7 days. I bought the 7 day unlimited access for 2 dollars. They have a tiny clause that says you have to unsubscribe if not 59 dollars will be charged every month. If they're a reputable company they wouldn't automatically sign you up for their unlimited access program when you sign up for a 7 day program. This is hard earned money.
jenh124
January 27th, 2020
I had to make a quick resume for a job so I used this service. Seemed pretty easy, didn't cost a lot so I used it. Next thing I know I'm getting charged $59.00! This has to be some kind of mistake. I emailed them because they didn't have a direct number to talk to someone ans they basically told me I was on a subscription and there was nothing they could do. Mind you I just paid all my bills and had a little left for groceries. This company has no empathy or anything! They just want money! I was willing to pay the $1.99 for a resume but not $59.00. Stick with a good company or build your own on word!
jasminel79
February 16th, 2020
DO NOT purchase anything from this site! I thought I was just purchasing one copy of their resume and they ended up keeping my card on file and then charged me $59 7 days later for a subscription service? They also did not sent me any type of receipt that said they charged my card or that I was going to be put on a subscription service. I had no idea they were going to keep my card info. I reached out and asked for a refund and they refused to give it to me. This company should not even be in business!
sabrinab102
January 13th, 2020
I signed up for the 7-day trial. I authorized $1.95 to be deducted from my Capital One credit card initially with the agreement that if I did not cancel after 7 days, I would be charged $24.95 (thankfully I didn't use a debit card). Three days before trial ended I decided to cancel. I went to their site but couldn't locate my account. I have two emails and neither of them was recognized. I was afraid they probably intentionally make it so you can't sign back in and cancel. I googled the company and found this site with all of the scam alerts. I called Capital One and had the company blocked so they cannot charge my card. I won't do that again. Lesson learned!
amandas1012
September 10th, 2020
This site is a scam please do not use this. They are money hungry and this is a awful company I would not recommend the site at all. You are better off using office notes then making a resume on this site waste of money and time. They charged me 59 dollars for something I was unaware. This company is a rip off. There was no warning for the charge. They will not give me a refund. Save your time do not use this site.
sarahg618
June 11th, 2020
They don't tell you, you have to pay for it after you've filled out everything and written your entire resume. This website just wasted a lot of my time.
rajeswarir2
April 3rd, 2020
I HAD SUBSCRIBED FOR 7 DAYS TRAIL VERSION. BUT THEY HAD TOOK ABOUT 4633 INDIAN RUPEES FROM MY ACCOUNT WITHOUT EVEN INFORMING ME. ITS TOTALLY INSANE. AS I AM OF NON WORKING PERSON AND I HAVE NO EARNINGS, LOSING THIS MUCH OF MONEY IS HARD FOR ME. ACTUALLY THE MONEY LOST WAS MEANT FOR HOSPITAL NEEDS. YOU ARE SUCH A FAKE. PLEASE DONT GO THIS WEBSITE GUYS. THEY ARE FAKE.
ginad148
March 30th, 2020
I've agreed to the 1.95 for 1 week, so I could create and download my resume. Now they; ve charged my creditcard with an additional $59, whichc I've never agreed upon. Also, I'm not able to login, or ask for a new pasword, because they're website claims they don't know me.
valeriab28
June 17th, 2020
I was scammed $59 and I need help getting them back. It's college money that I had in my account and I don't have a job. I can not afford this right now. Somebody please, PLEASE HELP ME! Where do I go to get a refund? What can I do? I already talked to my bank and they said they'll give me a temporary refund but I can't lose those $59.
rebekahh12
January 25th, 2018
The 7 day subscription is great. However beware that you will be charged $29.95 at the end of the 7 days and the company is unwilling to reverse those charges if you did not realize you would be charged. They said that they sent an email with the automatic charge detailed, however I cannot find any such email in my records. If it was my error, so be it, however, most companies are willing to reverse a charge made under these circumstances. Resume build is not. Buyer beware.
jm981
March 30th, 2020
So, they charged my account $59... I asked simply to return it to my account and they refused. I'm pretty sure I cancelled it since I just wanted to use the trial and the will not give the money back..
kylen95
August 16th, 2020
You can easily do what this site does on Microsoft Word or a similar application for FREE. They lure you in with a $2 7 day trial than stab you in the back with a $59 instantly. They do not send you a receipt of your transaction and they won't give you a refund.
joeh1002
October 22nd, 2020
They steal $59 from you for a BS resume, that's just the start soon you'll see all kinds of charges on your card. Contact your bank and cancel your card.
libertyg2
January 29th, 2020
I would give this a zero star if I could. I was in a hurry to get a resume template and saw that they sell theirs for less than $2 (1 week access). I paid for that, but didn't realize that by doing so I was actually agreeing to be charged $59 for a 12 week access after the 1st 7 days ended. This is total bull as only a very small percentage of people would need a 3 month access to a resume builder. Furthermore, the info about the autocharge wasn't clearly visible to the buyer (why do they even have that)? If you are going to autocharge customers, you should make that info really easy to see if you are a reputable company. I asked them for a refund after my husband informed me that they autocharged him $59 so I contacted them right away but they refused to give my refund claiming that I didn't cancel before the 7 day period ended. It hasn't even been a week since the 7 day access I purchased ended and yet they don't want to return my money. If they must charge me for the extra days then by all means, charge me another $2 but why do they have to keep our hard earned $59 for something I won't use and need? Don't trust this company they are a scam, if they're not they wouldn't have to resort to such tactics just to earn. Their tools aren't even very useful. The fonts don't work well on ms word and the pdf copy of the resume is very blurry.
danieller158
December 6th, 2019
Just do not use. I am a busy mother of 3, and created an account a week ago for what I though would cost me $1.95 for access. Surprise... today I was billed $60 for 12 weeks of access that I won't be using and cancelled within 1 hour of my card being charged. They refuse to refund. This company must be banking on people making this mistake.
hamzah29
December 13th, 2019
Scam website. It shows a plan subscription for $1.95, and after 7 days it will charge your for $59 without asking you. The first billing email will be received to your junk, in which you will not be able to see the email. In the latter email they will mention that auto-renewal will proceeded after, but they didn't mention that in their terms and conditions.
carolineq10
April 22nd, 2020
Was actually quite impressed at how they made it so easy to write resumes. However, this company clearly lacks integrity. They write misleading descriptions about their pricing plans, falsely name their plan "7-day full access" for USD 1.95 but in fine print, tells you that your membership will be AUTO-RENEWED and u get charged USD 59 every 12 weeks, which is essentially 3 months. YET their other plan (monthly plan, costs less than USD 8), which means you would only have to pay less than USD 24 for 12 weeks if u signed up for the other plan! That's half of USD59 and yet both plans get full access to all the tools and services. How does that make sense? Clearly, they were trying to attract people to choose the 7-day plan so that they will be fooled and force to renew and pay USD 59.
julies1142
April 27th, 2020
Not cool. Dirty kid who chose to scam people instead of working honestly for a living. Don't bother engaging him. He loves this.
teresad176
February 3rd, 2020
This is a rip off DO NOT USE OR give your credit card info. THERE are many other reputable sites that are much better. This one is in BULGARIA and they absolutely will not work with you. We learned this the hard way. AGAIN
DO NOT USE! They automatically charge your credit card $59. I had to cancel my credit card so they would stop. Reputable companies don't act like this. I would give them zero stars if i could. They charged me on the 6th day and when I called them out about that and sent them the proof, they essentially said too bad. I turned them in to my credit card company as fraud and I cancelled my credit card so they wouldn't charge me again. I can't stress enough to STAY away this is a scam, fraud and a complete rip off.
shonab4
November 2nd, 2019
Please do not visit this site as its a scam. Initially it will charge you very less amount for the trial then they will charge you after every seven days with three times higher amount. I have blocked my account just because of this stupid website.

By Shona b.