Resume Build

Resume Build has a consumer rating of 1.03 stars from 38 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Resume Build also ranks 94th among Resume sites. The most common issues with Resume Build are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

No positive highlights yet

• It shows a plan subscription for $1.95, and after 7 days it will charge your for $59 without asking you.
  • If you have this happen to you, contact your credit card company to dispute it.
How would you rate Resume Build?

“SCAM!”

Aiken Z.
3/15/20

Sorry for my bad english anyways 0/10 i would not recommend this website, i paid 99 Pesos (1.95$) for 1 week of use then yesterday i found out there's nothing left to my bank account they took 43.22$ (2,198.00Pesos) to my account i didn't even agree to this & i know i'm idiot for using my debit card i wont use debit anymore & also i hope i can get my money back because i saved up for that money please report this website if possible, also avoid going to this website.

7 days (16) credit card (7)
aikenz
March 15th, 2020
pedron25
April 29th, 2020
They make it seem like you can download your resume for a one time payment of $1.90 something. A few weeks later, they charge you over $50 for a subscription you didn't know you had. Tiny letters in the confirmation email they sent you are your only clue that you will be charged. To make it even harder to see it, they put those tiny letters at the end of the email, far from the confirmation button you have to press. Stay away, they are scammers who are looking to steal the money of people who are looking for jobs.
markn387
January 17th, 2020
SCAM. 100% SCAM. Exactly what everyone else here said: You sign up for a misleading $1.95/one week service, and they auto "renew" charge you $59 after one week, unaware that you had signed up for a new "subscription". If you dispute, they falsely tell you that you signed up for a trial and followed their terms of conditions. Also no email receipt of the $59 transaction. I found out through my bank statement. They give you no option of an auto renewal or choice of service plan.
hollyj85
February 12th, 2020
I used their free trial on one occasion. I was being charged on auto-pay different amounts for over a year consequentially. They would not return my money even after confirming I had never visited their site past the first day. Heartless for-profit business.
kavindrar
January 31st, 2020
Do not leave your credit card information! Do not use this site! They charge you freaking 59 dollars after 7 days. I bought the 7 day unlimited access for 2 dollars. They have a tiny clause that says you have to unsubscribe if not 59 dollars will be charged every month. If they're a reputable company they wouldn't automatically sign you up for their unlimited access program when you sign up for a 7 day program. This is hard earned money.
jenh124
January 27th, 2020
I had to make a quick resume for a job so I used this service. Seemed pretty easy, didn't cost a lot so I used it. Next thing I know I'm getting charged $59.00! This has to be some kind of mistake. I emailed them because they didn't have a direct number to talk to someone ans they basically told me I was on a subscription and there was nothing they could do. Mind you I just paid all my bills and had a little left for groceries. This company has no empathy or anything! They just want money! I was willing to pay the $1.99 for a resume but not $59.00. Stick with a good company or build your own on word!
jasminel79
February 16th, 2020
DO NOT purchase anything from this site! I thought I was just purchasing one copy of their resume and they ended up keeping my card on file and then charged me $59 7 days later for a subscription service? They also did not sent me any type of receipt that said they charged my card or that I was going to be put on a subscription service. I had no idea they were going to keep my card info. I reached out and asked for a refund and they refused to give it to me. This company should not even be in business!
sabrinab102
January 13th, 2020
I signed up for the 7-day trial. I authorized $1.95 to be deducted from my Capital One credit card initially with the agreement that if I did not cancel after 7 days, I would be charged $24.95 (thankfully I didn't use a debit card). Three days before trial ended I decided to cancel. I went to their site but couldn't locate my account. I have two emails and neither of them was recognized. I was afraid they probably intentionally make it so you can't sign back in and cancel. I googled the company and found this site with all of the scam alerts. I called Capital One and had the company blocked so they cannot charge my card. I won't do that again. Lesson learned!
sarahg618
June 11th, 2020
They don't tell you, you have to pay for it after you've filled out everything and written your entire resume. This website just wasted a lot of my time.
rajeswarir2
April 3rd, 2020
I HAD SUBSCRIBED FOR 7 DAYS TRAIL VERSION. BUT THEY HAD TOOK ABOUT 4633 INDIAN RUPEES FROM MY ACCOUNT WITHOUT EVEN INFORMING ME. ITS TOTALLY INSANE. AS I AM OF NON WORKING PERSON AND I HAVE NO EARNINGS, LOSING THIS MUCH OF MONEY IS HARD FOR ME. ACTUALLY THE MONEY LOST WAS MEANT FOR HOSPITAL NEEDS. YOU ARE SUCH A FAKE. PLEASE DONT GO THIS WEBSITE GUYS. THEY ARE FAKE.
ginad148
March 30th, 2020
I've agreed to the 1.95 for 1 week, so I could create and download my resume. Now they; ve charged my creditcard with an additional $59, whichc I've never agreed upon. Also, I'm not able to login, or ask for a new pasword, because they're website claims they don't know me.
valeriab28
June 17th, 2020
I was scammed $59 and I need help getting them back. It's college money that I had in my account and I don't have a job. I can not afford this right now. Somebody please, PLEASE HELP ME! Where do I go to get a refund? What can I do? I already talked to my bank and they said they'll give me a temporary refund but I can't lose those $59.
jm981
March 30th, 2020
So, they charged my account $59... I asked simply to return it to my account and they refused. I'm pretty sure I cancelled it since I just wanted to use the trial and the will not give the money back..
libertyg2
January 29th, 2020
I would give this a zero star if I could. I was in a hurry to get a resume template and saw that they sell theirs for less than $2 (1 week access). I paid for that, but didn't realize that by doing so I was actually agreeing to be charged $59 for a 12 week access after the 1st 7 days ended. This is total bull as only a very small percentage of people would need a 3 month access to a resume builder. Furthermore, the info about the autocharge wasn't clearly visible to the buyer (why do they even have that)? If you are going to autocharge customers, you should make that info really easy to see if you are a reputable company. I asked them for a refund after my husband informed me that they autocharged him $59 so I contacted them right away but they refused to give my refund claiming that I didn't cancel before the 7 day period ended. It hasn't even been a week since the 7 day access I purchased ended and yet they don't want to return my money. If they must charge me for the extra days then by all means, charge me another $2 but why do they have to keep our hard earned $59 for something I won't use and need? Don't trust this company they are a scam, if they're not they wouldn't have to resort to such tactics just to earn. Their tools aren't even very useful. The fonts don't work well on ms word and the pdf copy of the resume is very blurry.
danieller158
December 6th, 2019
Just do not use. I am a busy mother of 3, and created an account a week ago for what I though would cost me $1.95 for access. Surprise... today I was billed $60 for 12 weeks of access that I won't be using and cancelled within 1 hour of my card being charged. They refuse to refund. This company must be banking on people making this mistake.
hamzah29
December 13th, 2019
Scam website. It shows a plan subscription for $1.95, and after 7 days it will charge your for $59 without asking you. The first billing email will be received to your junk, in which you will not be able to see the email. In the latter email they will mention that auto-renewal will proceeded after, but they didn't mention that in their terms and conditions.
carolineq10
April 22nd, 2020
Was actually quite impressed at how they made it so easy to write resumes. However, this company clearly lacks integrity. They write misleading descriptions about their pricing plans, falsely name their plan "7-day full access" for USD 1.95 but in fine print, tells you that your membership will be AUTO-RENEWED and u get charged USD 59 every 12 weeks, which is essentially 3 months. YET their other plan (monthly plan, costs less than USD 8), which means you would only have to pay less than USD 24 for 12 weeks if u signed up for the other plan! That's half of USD59 and yet both plans get full access to all the tools and services. How does that make sense? Clearly, they were trying to attract people to choose the 7-day plan so that they will be fooled and force to renew and pay USD 59.
julies1142
April 27th, 2020
Not cool. Dirty kid who chose to scam people instead of working honestly for a living. Don't bother engaging him. He loves this.
teresad176
February 3rd, 2020
This is a rip off DO NOT USE OR give your credit card info. THERE are many other reputable sites that are much better. This one is in BULGARIA and they absolutely will not work with you. We learned this the hard way. AGAIN
DO NOT USE! They automatically charge your credit card $59. I had to cancel my credit card so they would stop. Reputable companies don't act like this. I would give them zero stars if i could. They charged me on the 6th day and when I called them out about that and sent them the proof, they essentially said too bad. I turned them in to my credit card company as fraud and I cancelled my credit card so they wouldn't charge me again. I can't stress enough to STAY away this is a scam, fraud and a complete rip off.
shonab4
November 2nd, 2019
Please do not visit this site as its a scam. Initially it will charge you very less amount for the trial then they will charge you after every seven days with three times higher amount. I have blocked my account just because of this stupid website.
edmirc
February 7th, 2019
This company is built on an autopayment scam. 7 day trial just means cancel as soon as ur done with your initial resume otherwise you will get charged 60 dollars for a service you are more than likely not going to use.
rebekahh12
January 25th, 2018
The 7 day subscription is great. However beware that you will be charged $29.95 at the end of the 7 days and the company is unwilling to reverse those charges if you did not realize you would be charged. They said that they sent an email with the automatic charge detailed, however I cannot find any such email in my records. If it was my error, so be it, however, most companies are willing to reverse a charge made under these circumstances. Resume build is not. Buyer beware.
sobhana
May 26th, 2020
I opted for their Resume building Services. Once I made my resume, I clicked on the Download button. The very next moment I was presented by their Package Pricing. The default one said "7-day full trail". I thought it is much like any other subscription plan where you get 7 days of free trail and after that you pay.

But little did I know; it was a Scam part of the transaction. I was charged $1.95 for 7-day full access that I thought was just a trail period. Anyhow I downloaded my resume and it was a total waste, its format was not how would you expect a document (MS Word Document) to be formatted. I downloaded the pdfs of my resume and there was same formatting issue. It was pretty clear, that they are not offering what they are claiming.

So, after few test downloads, I cancelled my subscription. In their "Terms and Conditions" under section "Cancellation rights and refund policy" they write, "Following its full money back guarantee, resumebuild.com will offer a full refund of the fee to customers cancelling their subscription within the initial 7-Day trial subscription term. Users may cancel their subscriptions at any time." [https://resumebuild.com/terms-of-use/]. I claimed my money by contacting them at their Complaint Cell using the Web Page they have provided. I got the message that only said, "Your subscription has been canceled as per your request. You will no longer be charged for our services. We wish you the best of luck with your future endeavors."

I wasn't expecting such reply when I have explicitly explained and asked about claim. I again emailed them asking about my claim as I had cancelled my subscription after an hour of getting subscribed. No one replied! I checked their online reviews after this; everyone is saying they are a scam and will charge you more after a week. So, I deactivated my card and order a new one to save my hard-earned money. I signed into my account and I was shocked that they have changed my account so that I cannot be able to access it. I opened it from my Computer and saw that they have added some numbers before my sign in email so that I cannot be able to access my account. But luckily, I was already signed in on my computer, So I saw it.

To be exact about my account email they changed it from "*******@gmail.com" to "gzg46a6556564*******@gmail.com".

One more important thing is, they stored my credit card info and didn't gave me any control to access or delete my credit card info. Neither did they send me the Purchase receipt. Now they are saying that Trail fee in non-refundable which is against their own terms and conditions. Please, Don't use their services! It is a total scam. You might have to get your new credit card issued as they have got the card number. So they can use it with any identity.

I hope my experience might help someone.

P. S: I have removed my original email and instead replaced it with a sample email "*******@gmail.com" other than that what ever happened is the same thing.
ricod8
September 4th, 2019
This is a scam website that doesnt tell you you will be charged 60$ for your resume!
They charge you first like 2$ for 7 days access to check and download your resume.
And 12 days later, they charge you again but 60$!
Of course in their term and use you have only 7 days to say you want to be reimbursed, but they charge you after 12 days so it is too late...
This is actually how they make money.

Dont go on this scam website!
angl6
August 27th, 2019
Unable to see their price anytime, you can only see 1 time after you create your resume.
Charge me 59$ without any notice? Smart scammer by offer you 1.95$ at first.
Avoid using this website at all cost, there is another much better choice out there.

By Shona b.