TheRefinish Artist reviews

classy106@aol.com

1 Review From Our Community

mariec
5/21/11

This is a local kitchen cabinet refinishing company. If you are looking for reviews on this business you have come across one by reading this.

Refacing and replacing kitchen cabinets is much more expensive than refinishing and since we had nice wood cabinets we looked into refinishing as an option.

When I had the estimate I was told that my kitchen cabinets would look like new when they were done. They showed me pictures of refinish jobs they had done and they looked pretty good. It took them 3 days to do the work which was sloppy and shoddy. They left pieces of moulding off that they needed to stain and replace, they told me they would install new crown moulding also. They stained the crown moulding and once the cabinets were done they said they couldn't cut and install the crown moulding because they didn't have the tools or experience.

Within 2 days the stain started peeling off of various places on the cabinets. Also they DO NOT look new at all but look like old cabinets that have had a restain job. Their patching can be seen through the stain, sanding was done quickly and sloppily, etc. etc.

I have had them back twice to try to fix what they didn't do properly and the second time I came home from work to find dry stain dripped all over my brand new flooring.

I realize that they want to come correct the problem every time I call them back but I don't think they have the expertise to do it right. It still doesn't look right and more stain is now chipping off as if it was painted on which means sanding wasn't done properly and with the attention and care needed to have a proper adhesion of the stain and finish.

I won't even have them back to correct any more problems and have to live with the job they did. That is several thousand dollars gone that I could have applied to refacing my kitchen cabinets.

Live and learn, my mistake for not looking into them further. Hopefully this review helps someone else.

Questions? Get answers from the TheRefinish Artist staff and other customers.

TheRefinish Artist?