American Red Cross

American Red Cross has a consumer rating of 4.5 stars from 18 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally satisfied with their purchases. American Red Cross also ranks 1st among International Development sites.

How would you rate American Red Cross?

“There is nothing more noble than an...”

Bess Z.
12/6/13

There is nothing more noble than an organization dedicated to helping those in need. I merely wanted to inform everyone that if you do decide to donate to the Red Cross to make sure you use an e-mail address that you don't use often. I didn't realize making a contribution meant subscribing to almost daily e-mails. (8 e-mails within 7 days. Some days I got 2, some days I got none.) Really, Red Cross, really? Luckily, there is an unsubscribe button. Well, that's my experience with the website! Just thought I would share.

“One word unbelievable...”

Tammy B.
9/27/17

My name is Tammy Battles...I can not believe the way you guys are treating the victims of hurricane Harvey here in Houston Texas...you give out Confirmation number on September 11,2017... You say the system crashed...and that is a lot of bull...Now everything came to a stand still...Until September 21,2017... Redcross is not honoring the first set of confirmation numbers that they gave out... When calling your on the phone 2 and 3 hours at a time and then they pretend to hang up on you... And the the denying any applications now there's been turned in... Knowing you cannot send an email to your cell phone from redcross and when you give the number they don't even want to look it up they don't want to honor it at all for the $400 help for victims family... Red Cross is a joke two families here in Houston Texas...My my confirmation number ZL12018... Please anyone out there who reads this... Who is looking for a hard worker...Single mother of four..Who lost her job to Harvey... In need of work please call me at (832)899-1534..just in need of a little help...work Please

alexas6
April 15th, 2014
This is a good site! American Red Cross is very helpful to everyone. Their assistance is helpful as well.
bessz
December 6th, 2013

Luckily, there is an unsubscribe button.

Well, that's my experience with the website! Just thought I would share.
keythr
February 9th, 2011
The American site for the Red Cross (www.redcross.org) A key worldwide player in first aid training, disaster relief, prisoner of war tracing and welfare, missing persons, community service, blood donation – the Red Cross has been doing good work since its foundation in 1881.

In America the Red Cross employs 35,000 people, relies on the goodwill and support of 500,000 volunteers and the four million people a year who give blood. The statistic that I really like is that 91 cents in the dollar from donations is actually spent on humanitarian programmes. Click through the links for volunteering, training, donating…

Part of the worldwide international Red Cross and Red Crescent movement, the Red Cross helps bring humanitarian relief and support to the most gruesome conflicts and disasters.

Their First Aid Training programmes are excellent.

Every home should have ay least a basic first aid book – in the USA you can get 'First Aid Fast' in English and Spanish from the local Red Cross Chapter.

THE PAGE BELOW COULD SAVE A LIFE - MAYBE YOURS!

If you are after an online first aid reference you could try 'First Aid Tips' from the British Red Cross website – bookmark the page below for quick tips for first aid emergencies! (I presume the US Red Cross has legal problems on displaying this type of info, but if you need it, you need it…)

Emergency? Not sure what to do? Don't panic. If the page above is bookmarked you or someone else can at least check that you are carrying out the correct treatment for the problem while waiting for the ambulance. Heart attacks, strokes, anaphylactic shock, electrocution, bleeding, breaks and burns – all the main everyday injuries are covered, often with short video clips to assist. It's a website that might actually save a life… (I recommend sending the link to family and friends.)

Very useful. Highly recommended.
tammyb95
September 27th, 2017
You say the system crashed...and that is a lot of bull...Now everything came to a stand still...Until September 21,2017... Redcross is not honoring the first set of confirmation numbers that they gave out... When calling your on the phone 2 and 3 hours at a time and then they pretend to hang up on you... And the the denying any applications now there's been turned in... Knowing you cannot send an email to your cell phone from redcross and when you give the number they don't even want to look it up they don't want to honor it at all for the $400 help for victims family... Red Cross is a joke two families here in Houston Texas...My my confirmation number ZL12018... Please anyone out there who reads this... Who is looking for a hard worker...Single mother of four..Who lost her job to Harvey... In need of work please call me at *******534..just in need of a little help...work Please
13 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Questions? Get answers from the American Red Cross staff and other customers.

Every 8 minutes the American Red Cross responds to an emergency. Support the Red Cross. Join us today by making a donation.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Red Cross?

Have a question about American Red Cross?