Review of Avaaz

New York City, NY 10000, US
iain@avaaz.org

amandab416
10/2/18

I signed onto Avaaz once for a petition. To my shock, I opened my inbox this morning to find an email from them perpetuating the new left-wing, Communist lies about how the right is trying to take over the world. Their references were based entirely on left-leaning websites, some of these sources are known for the fact that they lie on a continual basis! They were begging me for money to stop the right from, well, being the Right. I am so angry. The Communists and Fascists are marching on...

laviniar
6/26/15

Impossible to get staff to respond

mailanir
12/28/13

I considered signing a petition on Avaaz.org, but didn't when they obliged me to login w/ my FB acct (thus taking my personal info + my friends' list amongst other data mining intrusions), so i didn't sign & backed out of the page. HOWEVER! They captured my 'signature' anyway, so they now have (illegally) obtained this info. DO NOT SIGN ANYTHING ON AVAAZ unless you'd like to have your info taken by them!!

ianm18
12/7/11

Helps stop internet censorship which is extremely important making this site awesome.

keythr
3/24/11

Global People Power! Add your name do some good. Change something for the better!

You know when you read something in the news and think 'I wish someone would DO something about that' or 'That's outrageous I really ought to write to my representative / MP / senator or whatever' but somehow, you usually never get around to actually doing it?

Well, the Avaaz Organisation utilises the power of the internet to highlight just those issues and bring the views of millions of Avaaz members to governments, authorities, organisations and businesses around the world.

The multi-lingual website www.Avaaz.org shows current campaigns and highlights where they claim to have made a difference.

When an issue comes to the fore they will email you and ask for your signature on a combined petition which will then be sent to where it will have most effect.

It's a neat idea and Avaaz now has more than 7.3 million participants.

I have signed up for several petitions on causes that I feel riled about but do not go along with each and every cause Avaaz supports. It does sometimes feel like 'Rent-a Crowd' but I think the positive effects out-weigh the negatives.

7.3 million is a lot of people to have on your case few institutions can ignore numbers like that. Good idea, Avaaz well done!

Questions? Get answers from the Avaaz staff and other customers.

Avaaz?