Review of RateMyTeacher

Tel: +1.4806242599
ratemyteacher.com@domainsbyproxy.com

alanf124
5/29/19

They allow for unsubstantiated slander against teachers that may have been written by those with a hidden agenda and may not really be students. The site callously allows for detrimental statements to be made that can impede with a teacher's ability to earn a living. Shame on the owners of this site!

acornb
5/9/19

I loved looking at the funny comments but also liked reading the serious criticism of teachers who sucked. I had a lot of sucky teachers and many of the serious reviews were true and pointed out SERIOUS flaws in our education system. But many of the teachers are sensitive and can't take a joke so it changed and now there are like no reviews and it kinda sucks.

skylerb8
4/26/19

As a student I loved going to this website to see silly reviews of kids who were A. going after a teacher who is bad enough they should be fired or B. unreasonably angry at a teacher whose class they failed. However I was very disappointed to see how much the site has changed due to enough teachers (either in denial of their failure or actually devastated) complaining and having the comments removed entirely.

danm195
9/12/17

The droves of disgruntled teachers and staff writing negative reviews are case in point, that criticism and feedback are critical in a system that regularly targets students and employs demeaning, intimidating educators.

Ratemyteacher is a decent service which allows the underrepresented student body to speak out and inform others of negative and positive experiences. My only complaint would be the lack of moderation, and how easy it is for offended teachers to take down reviews based on feelings alone.

gitab1
2/26/17

Sure, many teachers are quivering for the school district, now that Devos is in office. However, what they should be quivering about (rather than quibbling like distressed teenagers here) is the fact that many who are entrenched in the old good old boy system don't even realize that they are unconsciously biased and demeaning. This is why we have a divided country by the way. Teachers frequently align along the better side of the tracks; yet in the public schools, where most of them start out and "are stuck" frequently involve lower middle to lower income students and students of color, even while they are often tenured salaried workers with benefits.
Their patronizing attitudes about free lunches, dumbing down of the curricula, covert racism, self-congratulatory methods sometimes border on contemptible. With the help of school principals, some teachers are promoted through all kinds of favored systems. With a crumbling middle-class, there is a distinct class color gender biases often operating unspoken. One principal told me that working at his HS as an aide would be a "nice gig" for me regardless the fact that this reviewer holds masters degree, high test scores, and other work qualifications. Obviously this principal is so entrenched in his patriarchal complacency ("gee I'm such a tall good looking empowered dude, man") that he doesn't realize how insulting he could be.

How did he promote one rookie teacher 20 years my junior? It seems that he helped arrange for him to receive teacher of the year certificates offered by a for-profit college with a vested interest in funneling graduates to Corinthian. Even after the place went bust, the teacher still displays about six years or so of certificates from that place. When you feed a certain type more than they deserve, their pride becomes overweening. Certificates and publications does not equate with teaching empathy. My comments about a style that does not suit the level of student ability, nor seriously engages them, nor addresses their weaknesses very well, coupled with biases, were worth posting. Ratemyteachers took down the comments, about which I am disappointed but not surprised: anyone can sign up to be a school moderator, and of course in a place with entrenched favoritism, it's probably worth their while to help protect their interests. It wouldn't surprise me if that particular teacher was signed up as a moderator. Ratemyteachers is probably struggling with threats of litigation or slander, but I urge these internet administrators to consider the service they are offering to the public at large.

Not only parents, students, and auxiliary or temporary staff deserve a voice, so do prospective enrollees, or those who are shopping around. There are more forces to consider besides the neighboring value of real-estate, and who is allowed to matriculate into the local movers-and-shakers. Thank you for helping to preserve what little voice we have left to express our views and make our voices heard.

manjs
8/25/16

One of the most defamatory websites around. Google should ban this site from being displayed

maryf84
12/8/15

An emotionally disturbed student wrote disgusting, vile comments about me and they were on this website for six months before I discovered them and contacted the site. I was so shaken by these comments, that ended with the suggestion that someone rape me, that I felt unsafe in my classroom. I don't believe that our Constitution was ever intended to protect online bullies.

ag671
9/11/15

This site is an embarrassment to its founders and the education system. How can a site be granted the freedom to disrespect the teaching profession an all the men and women who work so hard, day in and out to educate students? The site contributes to a culture of devaluing education and teachers. What an absolute disgrace!!! I can't imagine this sort of disrespect of teachers in educationally advanced countries who put us to shame. Very very sad.

armend2
10/10/13

the students who are happy with their grades don't post on it, it's always students who are doing nothing in the class are failing and want to 'revenge' the teacher are the ones who post on this with comments that have nothing to do with topics or material covered by a teacher but usually comments about the teacher being old or fat, etc....just personal attacks....this site needs to be removed asap!

bethp6
6/28/13

A site for disgruntled adolescents to badmouth teachers???Some say hateful things and it is not censored nor deleted. SHAME on this site.The well adjusted good students often dont post. They are doing their work..
.Imagine if teachers posted on RatemyStudents??? ...there would be outrage!

lexat
4/13/12

ANOTHER USELESS WEBSITE WHICH REINFORCES THE LAZINESS AND LACK OF RESPONSIBILTY GENERATION Y HAVE.SLANDEROUS NON CONSTRUCTIVE COMMENTS ABOUT REAL PEOPLE WHO HAVE THEIR NAMES PUBLISHED ON GOOGLE SEARCH ENGINES.ADVERTISING IS GREAT IS IT NOT

pegr1
11/3/11

Once again you have a coward's site where students who usually are failing in a class, decide to cowardly attack some type of teacher or professor. Recently (I am an advocate against cyberbullying) the site did start monitoring posts a lot more and do not allow comments to immediately go out over the internet. However, the site is still destructive.

carolen
3/28/10

This website is a disgrace. It is devastating to good teachers to have their names slandered online by students anonymously. If they think the teacher is so bad why don't they face them. It shows exactly what kind of students they are. It seems to me that only the ones who have negative things to say use your website. My good students are appalled at these others who are unable to face the fact that they are responsible if they don't get what they should out of a class. I try very hard to help my students succeed. My record stands for itself. In the four years that I have worked at the college I have only had four students that did not succeed in passing their exit exams.
These students who write this slander about me are not even able to pass their college entrance exams. If it wasn't for classes like mine, they wouldn't even be able to be in college at all? Most of these students have no background in what to expect from college. Where do they get the right to abuse teachers. How can a student decide that a teacher with 26 years of experience and a Masters Degree doesn't know what they are talking about? I find it totally insulting and a disgrace.

Questions? Get answers from the RateMyTeacher staff and other customers.

RateMyTeacher?