Review of Prezi

. 94107
Tel: N/A

camerond26
9/13/17

The concept of a different kind of presentation that's not a Powerpoint is the only thing that seems to get Prezi about as far as it has gotten. But it's appeal stops there. The platform isn't intuitive, so plan on setting aside a LOT of time to get to know it. I mean, for a simple presentation, plan to set aside a full day -- 8 hours -- to get the simplest presentation together. Want to add your own image or background? Prezi says you have to wait to reconnect to the internet even though you're already connected. The list goes on. Highly recommend free trial before you go down this road. Because it sure isn't worth the money.

clarissac6
8/1/17

Prezi Next is the absolute worst program I have ever had to work with. It hardly every actually functions on any computer that I try it on. The few times that it actually does work it is so slow and rediculous, you might as well give up and go back to power point. It keeps telling me I'm not connected to the internet and that is why I can't edit my presentation, when I am definitely connected to the internet and have full bars. When you are typing anything, it doesn't let you know what size font you have, only that you can sort of change the font size, but that is iffy too. Every time I try to pull up prezi next I have to make sure that is the only window I can have up in order for it to try to function better, and even then, it makes everything else on my computer freeze up. Pretty much Prezi Next is a one time thing. It will work for you once and then never again, so make sure you get everything in the way you want it the first time, because it ain't happening again! I can't use a website to make a presentation that won't actually let me use it. Prezi Classic was so much better because at least it actually worked. But you can't switch you presentation over from Prezi Next to Prezi Classic. That would be too convenient. You would have to start over if you wanted to do that.

bethanyb6
2/22/16

Prezi used to be my favorite platform for presenting, until it gave me less than 12 hours notice that they were shutting the site down the entire day I was supposed to be presenting. My presentation was a life-changing one in front of "sharks" for a business proposition. I'm a college student, and this presentation could determine my future. I now have 7 hours to redo my entire plan on powerpoint, which is not as professional or exciting.
Prezi said I could download a portable version of my presentation, but in order to do that, you must first upgrade to a premium account (NOT FREE). The timing could not have been worse, and giving people such small notice obviously nods to Prezi just scamming us. I'm sure many people have super important presentations tomorrow and will be forced to pay for a premium account in order to download what they spent HOURS creating.

I could not feel any more hate towards Prezi. I will NEVER use it again.

jadel2
11/3/13

it gives u answer and how it looks its really helpful

keythr
3/28/11

Prezi - Business, Student, Academic Presentations Online

Need to do a business or academic presentation? Want something that is better and easier to navigate around than boring old PowerPoint? That has lots of extra features zooming, drawing, etc?

The Prezi Online presentation system knocks the socks off PowerPoint. Dreamed up by some clever Hungarians, Prezi takes business and student presentation up a league and it is pretty easy to learn. And it's FREE. Microsoft must be very pissed off. Very, very clever. 4 stars! www.prezi.com

I wondered how to explain it, went to Wikipedia and can't really come up with a better description so here is theirs:

"Prezi is a web-based presentation application and storytelling tool that uses a single canvas instead of traditional slides. Text, images, videos and other presentation objects are placed on the infinite canvas and grouped together in frames. The canvas allows users to create non-linear presentations, where users can zoom in and out of a visual map.[1] A path through different objects and frames can be defined, representing the order of the information to be presented. The presentation can be developed in a browser window, then downloaded so that an Internet connection is not needed when showing the presentation.

Prezi uses the freemium model. Customers who use the free Prezi Public license must publish their work on the Prezi site. Customers who pay for a Prezi Enjoy or Prezi Pro license can create and share private Prezis. Prezi also offers a special education license for students and educators."

Thank you Wiki - nice write up! Thank you Prezi - great system!

Questions? Get answers from the Prezi staff and other customers.

Prezi?