POWERCITY

POWERCITY has a consumer rating of 1 star from 10 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. POWERCITY also ranks 92nd among Appliance sites. The most common issues with POWERCITY are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

No positive highlights yet

• I can't comprehend if it's bare faced lying or juct incredibly poor training for the so called customer service.
How would you rate POWERCITY?

“Appalling service for a 92 year old man”

E C.
8/19/20

Having bought a new washing machine for my 92 year old father living 10 miles from me and paid the euro 25 for delivery and collection of old machine, Power City left his old washing machine sitting in the kitchen because he didn't unplug / disconnect the water supply! I find this so incredibly mean... as a nurse working long hours and worked overtime for free during COVID, I am shocked and disappointed to see that Power City did not show kindness and helpfulness to old folks living at home.

customer service (8)
ec294
August 19th, 2020
juns10
January 4th, 2020
Bought kitchen hob in Carrickmines store yesterday and there was no wire connection inside, no able to contact customer service through phone line, so went to store today and the shop assistant said ' you were only asked for hobs not wire', first time heard that electrical product not comes with wire without mention, biggest joke I ever heard. Worst shop experience ever in mylife, I wish I can give negative star for this customer review.
andrewm867
March 13th, 2020
Quite rude staff in two north Dublin stores. Staff in both stores dismissed any information queries. Apparently have "101 things to do" rather than spend any time assisting. Well I was in the market to fully fit out an apartment so hope it keeps well for you at Power City (Not) that you can afford to dismiss customers so rudely!
rossp80
August 8th, 2020
Called to powercity Bray, unhelpful staff, told me to order on-line straight away, i asked him questions about tablet/laptops, he didn't have any answers to give me. Powercity customer service don't reply back if you have enquiries, no mention that you cannot browse in powercity shop, only sign outside shop, disgraceful
fionar49
September 20th, 2020
Customer service is a nightmare, avoid at all costs. They actively encourage you to shop online, don't let people browse the shops and then don't facilitate you changing your mind when you see the product which is in direct contradiction to online shopping rights. Our fridge freezer was delivered wrapped in bubble wrap and when the delivery man dropped it off we phoned back an hour after they were gone to say it was not the colour we expected but were told that because the packaging was taken away by the delivery man we couldn't return it. We were not shown a product with any packaging other than the bubble wrap but when talking to customer services I kept getting told that we have no packaging so we can't return it. The general manager of online customer services was Damien O'Neill and he was incredibly frustrating to deal with and offered nothing but a line that he repeated over and over again. There are lots of other electrical shops out there, pick any of them apart from PowerCity, most companies do a price match and there's no way the customer service could be as bad elsewhere
unhappyc596
July 6th, 2020
Bought a dishdrawer and staff at the shop was very helpful. However, on the day of the installation, the team said they could not proceed because the water valve wasn't the correct type and to call a plumber. Of course, I am not a plumber so there is no way to say if they were right, but ever assuming they were, my old appliance was left in place (while the disposal should be included in the delivery fee which I paid). Calling the customer service was useless as according to them: A new installation would cost me again just to make the team drive back. The removal of the old appliance would cost me again (can't understand why really, they left it here with no reason, even if we asked to remove it, but we just assumed after the plumber to call them back) and top of all: no return as the package is already open?!?!?! They opened it and failed to install (this part could be my fault, but still) and now I can't even return it. So now I am stuck with my kitchen in a mess and have to call someone else to fix that.
Don't know what's worst about this, but I am pretty sure it shouldn't be allowed to refuse the return because package was opened by their staff...
michaeld2767
July 24th, 2020
Went to your sallynoggin branch to view a tv i saw on line just to see the picture quality and the salesman told me i had to order on line
So yoy just a 500 euro sale very bad customer service
unhappyp9
August 4th, 2019
I wish I could give negative 5 stars.

I bought an LG TV and after 4 days a crack appeared on the screen. Their joke of customer service say that it's impact damage but I know that nothing hit the screen. They won't cover it under warranty and neither will LG.

Stay well, well away from Powercity.
luciak10
August 19th, 2019
I am so disappointed with the response I got from power city in fonthill liffey vally in connection two my starting date for all three appliance purchased last week, washing maching, double oven and hob for new kitchen, To be told they will not change my starting date for my guarantee I paid a deposit and paid the balances one week before they arrived to my home, When I called the English number to register my guarantee the guy was very nice and he told me to ring power city and get the date change as I had not receive any of the appliances on the date on my receipts. They needed new date to start my guarantee. I was told by the sale man I purchased all the appliance from to email power city as they can't do this in the shop. I also told them there is a mark on the oven handle, again I was told I would have to put this in writing.
I am so mad I spent oven 850 Euro on all three appliances to be treated in this manor by a top department is not right. I thought going to Power City would be good as it is closer to my home. I will not be using Power City ever again I can't believe such a big store has not got a customer service and I am told to email about my guarantee date, this is a disgrace. I want to people to be aware to stay away from Power City.

I am sorry i didn't take the time and go to Blanchtown to Harvey Norman. I have shop there many time over the years and the difference in the staff is amazing. If you call the store you get to talk to a person not told to send an email, like Power City, I hope someone Power City reads my comment and starts doing something about the mess they leave people in.

Regards Lucia
jimm872
May 27th, 2018
There I was thinking that if I drove from Finglas in Dublin to Naas in Kildare I'd bag myself a bargain TV. I paid 6 days in advance of my new shiny collection. I checked with the manager that it would fit on mt cantilever stand, trading up 42" to 43" told yes. Bingo, I'm off, collect my new shiny TV. Get it home and out of the box, 4 holes in the back but no screws? The screws that I had for my recycled TV were too big but they provided none for my brackets. I get on the blower, is it me? The call center call me back and get the manager from Naas on the phone. You told me it would fit on my stand says I? It will do says he but you need the screws. Don; t they come with them says I? Oh no only if you buy brackets or a stand says he? Eventually he says I'll rummage around and post you a couple out, they'll be with you in a few days says he. Shocked that I'd been misled originally I said O. K. Then I had a brainwave, there is a power city 5 minutes down the road. I left my number at the call center 3 more times, then I got a call back. I re-explained the situation and said rather than Naas post them out I'll go and collect from Finglas. Mmmm... I'll check with Naas I'm told? Someone will call shortly. No reply after half an hour so back on to no help desk. They call me, I'm told that even though they have hundreds of TV'S and bracket sets them there screws (even though I've found out that there are only 4 sizes https://removeandreplace.com/2016/10/18/tv-wall-mounting-what-type-of-screws-do-i-need-from-wall-bracket-to-tv/) are about as common as hens teeth! They have none of them there screws that go with your nice new telly sir. Basically shut up and wait until the middle of next week while we scrummage around to send you a couple. When I asked the guy quite angrily on the phone, are you having a laugh when you said Finglas store has none, he replied yes I'm sure. That is the biggest load of BS I have ever heard. I challenge anyone of Power city right now to let me take that big new TV that is still in the box to the Finglas store and not have 2 standard screws for my TV. I can't comprehend if it's bare faced lying or juct incredibly poor training for the so called customer service.

Questions? Get answers from the POWERCITY staff and other customers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about POWERCITY?

See reviews as you browse with our Chrome extension

1.0
Have a question about POWERCITY?