Review of POWERCITY

POWERCITY reviews

luciak10
8/19/19
I am so disappointed with the response I got from power city in fonthill liffey vally in connection two my starting date for all three appliance purchased last week, washing maching,double oven and hob for new kitchen, To be told they will not change my starting date for my guarantee I paid a deposit and paid the balances one week before they arrived to my home, When I called the English number to register my guarantee the guy was very nice and he told me to ring power city and get the date change as I had not receive any of the appliances on the date on my receipts. They needed new date to start my guarantee.I was told by the sale man I purchased all the appliance from to email power city as they can't do this in the shop. I also told them there is a mark on the oven handle, again I was told I would have to put this in writing.
I am so mad I spent oven 850 Euro on all three appliances to be treated in this manor by a top department is not right. I thought going to Power City would be good as it is closer to my home. I will not be using Power City ever again I can't believe such a big store has not got a customer service and I am told to email about my guarantee date, this is a disgrace. I want to people to be aware to stay away from Power City.

I am sorry i didn't take the time and go to Blanchtown to Harvey Norman. I have shop there many time over the years and the difference in the staff is amazing. If you call the store you get to talk to a person not told to send an email, like Power City,I hope someone Power City reads my comment and starts doing something about the mess they leave people in.

Regards Lucia
unhappyp9
8/4/19
I wish I could give negative 5 stars.

I bought an LG TV and after 4 days a crack appeared on the screen. Their joke of customer service say that it's impact damage but I know that nothing hit the screen. They won't cover it under warranty and neither will LG.

Stay well, well away from Powercity.
jimm872
5/27/18
There I was thinking that if I drove from Finglas in Dublin to Naas in Kildare I'd bag myself a bargain TV. I paid 6 days in advance of my new shiny collection. I checked with the manager that it would fit on mt cantilever stand, trading up 42" to 43" told yes. Bingo, I'm off, collect my new shiny TV. Get it home and out of the box, 4 holes in the back but no screws???? The screws that I had for my recycled TV were too big but they provided none for my brackets. I get on the blower, is it me? The call center call me back and get the manager from Naas on the phone. You told me it would fit on my stand says I? It will do says he but you need the screws. Don;t they come with them says I? Oh no only if you buy brackets or a stand says he??? Eventually he says I'll rummage around and post you a couple out, they'll be with you in a few days says he. Shocked that I'd been misled originally I said O.K. Then I had a brainwave, there is a power city 5 minutes down the road. I left my number at the call center 3 more times, then I got a call back. I re-explained the situation and said rather than Naas post them out I'll go and collect from Finglas. Mmmm... I'll check with Naas I'm told?? someone will call shortly. No reply after half an hour so back on to no help desk. They call me, I'm told that even though they have hundreds of TV'S and bracket sets them there screws (even though I've found out that there are only 4 sizes https://removeandreplace.com/2016/10/18/tv-wall-mounting-what-type-of-screws-do-i-need-from-wall-bracket-to-tv/) are about as common as hens teeth!!! They have none of them there screws that go with your nice new telly sir. Basically shut up and wait until the middle of next week while we scrummage around to send you a couple. When I asked the guy quite angrily on the phone, are you having a laugh when you said Finglas store has none, he replied yes I'm sure. That is the biggest load of BS I have ever heard. I challenge anyone of Power city right now to let me take that big new TV that is still in the box to the Finglas store and not have 2 standard screws for my TV. I can't comprehend if it's bare faced lying or juct incredibly poor training for the so called customer service.

Questions? Get answers from the POWERCITY staff and other customers.

POWERCITY?