Review of PlusNet

Tel: +44-800-3284677
pressroom@plus.net

misterp
12/26/17
Upon the first three calls I made to this company, all three women I talked with, subsequently wrote, on my record, that I had not answered security questions. I pointed out when I found out about this that the opposite was true. The manager I was talking with found that I was correct, and he apologised profusely; but that set the tone of my stay with plusnet.

Here is one for you, just to show that they are playing the caller and are not very good at it. I state that they must have my details on the screen as I am calling them using the line I rent from them The reply I got was sublime and went something like this "No, no, no, it doesnt matter that you are calling us using the line that you rent from us, we have no details on the screen, it is a white screen, a blank screen. I am waiting for you to give me the answers to the questions so that I can pull up your details (drum roll for the punch line) Mr Jones!!!"

Here is how it ended. I had had enough of them, so I put in a termination of contract request. This takes two weeks to go through because of the BT engineers. Near the end I cancel the termination request, and I am told that the termination request had been cancelled. But as it turns out there is a difference between what they claim is happening and what will happen. At the end of the two weeks on a Monday I awake, do my stuff, and then went to switch on the internet. Nothing - no connection. Same with the phone line. You see by the end they were taking my protestations personally, and this move by plusnet was personal. They had no intention of cancelling the cancellation.

So I would say stay away.
catyw
2/23/16
They sell themselves as being good at customer services - but actually they are appalling - the worst I have ever experience! How they get "awards" is a mystery to me!

I joined Plusnet at the beginning of the year. I have used other providers before with the usual niggles but no huge issues. I joined PLUSNET because they advertised as being excellent on customer service but they have been the worst I have used.

The connection process was terrible. I had to chase the router as they forgot to despatch it. Once I had the router they did not turn on my broadband which I had to chase. They never contacted me or emailed when they said they would. They told me my broadband would be on the following day once their "suppliers" had enabled it but that did not happen and I had to chase again the following morning because they "forgot" to switch it on their end. They were however more than happy to start billing me though even before the "service" started. If you want to buy something they answer the phone really quickly but if you want customer service for a problem you will be waiting normally about 30 minutes.

I lost both my phone and broadband at the weekend - I tried to ring on the Saturday and gave up after 30 minutes, tried on the Sunday and again gave up after 30 minutes. The quickest I have ever managed to get through is 20 minutes on the Sunday evening. If you try to complain their attitude is polite but essentially they say "sorry you feel like that but we do not agree" and if you try to escalate a complaint they do not want to know and become quite aggressive. They seem to feel that an average telephone wait of 30 mins is perfectly acceptable and you are unreasonable if you expect them to answer a telephone in less than say 10 minutes. Please look at other review sites - you will see hundreds of reviews with the same experience. When you ask them to take any action they are reluctant to lift a finger and tell you it is in their system - proactive is not a word they recognise or understand.

I laughingly received a self publicising email telling me that my broadspeed was about 7mbps (I do live in the middle of the countryside so I don't expect it to be great) and gushing about how wonderfully they are doing - it may be 7 at the exchange but at my house actually it is less than 2 at best (checked by myself and an openreach engineer) so that is a downright lie - it actually seems slower then when I was with BT. I am just astounded that they think people believe them! As soon as my contract is up I will be leaving them

DO NOT DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. HOW THEY CAN MARKET THEMSELVES ON THEIR EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE IS BEYOND ME AND IN MY PERSONAL OPINION IS A COMPLETE MISREPRESENTATION BORDERING ON FRAUD! LOOKING AT THE REVIEW SITES IT APPEARS THAT HUNDREDS OF PEOPLE AGREE WITH ME. RUN AWAY FROM THEM AS FAST AS YOU CAN!
rayw19
11/19/13
Easy to navigate, easy on the eyes and they have saved me over £17 Per month for similar package I had with TalkTalk

Questions? Get answers from the PlusNet staff and other customers.

PlusNet?