Review of phraseup

phraseup reviews

jessicab13
8/13/11

This is one of those sites that will come in handy when you least expect it. I know I frequently can't think of the word I'm trying to think of when writing, typing, or even saying a sentence....I'll become aggravated.....What the hell is the word I'm thinking of? It's right at the tip of my tongue! Well, that's where phraseup.com comes in. You type in your sentence in the search bar, and put an asterisk (*) in place of the word you can't think of. Then hit enter and it will take you to a page with possible words you could be thinking of to complete the sentence. It's pretty on the money most of the time, but sometimes I have to admit, it does come up with some pretty silly words/sentences that make absolutely no sense. Good idea for a website, though, and definitely good to have around as reference/help material.

chriso1
3,069 helpful votes
3/24/11

Oh, now this is really *. No * about it.

Remember those good old days when we made up sentences and left words out, opening up endless opportunities for double-entendres? My, the long winter nights just flew by.

OK, this is what I mean. Complete this sentence:

Mary had a little *, its * was * as *, and everywhere that Mary *, her * was sure to go.

Yep. Well. It was a lot more fun at the time, really.

So, here's a site that will fill the gaps automatically, if you're in the middle or writing, say, a review on SiteJabber and suddenly hit a writer's block. Not something that Chris seems to have a problem with, I hear you say. Sorry about that, I really am trying to make them shorter, honestly.

And it works. For example, the first sentence I tried was

"This startup has absolutely no * of succeeding"

and the engine responded with "chance" on the second attempt, along with a very sensible range of alternative choices. I could definitely see this one going into my bookmarks list, allowing me to write even longer and more erudite reviews. And that, I hear you say, will be *.

Questions? Get answers from the phraseup staff and other customers.

phraseup?