Oxford Learning College

Oxford Learning College has a consumer rating of 4.49 stars from 76 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Oxford Learning College also ranks 21st among Education Other sites.

• I completed my course and exam in February this year but thought I should drop a line to say my feelings.
  • I have had lots of pointers for exam centres from the student services staff too and Anastasia needs a special mention.

No critical highlights yet

How would you rate Oxford Learning College?

“A Level Mathematics”

Josh T.
4/18/18

I really enjoyed doing this course, the teachers where there to help me and got back to me straight away. All work marked quickly

“So disappointing.”

Hannah P.
6/24/19

Biology A level (Fast Track) I'm so disappointed with what I (didn't) receive for my money with this course. Maybe I've been spoiled in the past by The Open University, but at nearly £400 for what is essentially a pretty crappy book, I honestly feel sick. My expectations for that money would be: A course plan. I needed to know how much study I should be doing each week. I asked my tutor for this, and was told that they didn't make one for Fast Track courses (surely, with limited time, this is exactly the sort of resource that should be provided!). Better course materials. The 'book' is crap. It is badly written, waffles about less important facts and skips over other bits. The actual way it is laid out is really cumbersome and impossible to bookmark or flick through quickly. It is a super boring format with a few pictures (all from Wikipedia), that do nothing to explain any of the topics. I very quickly realised that buying the official textbook and revision guide is the only way to learn anything. Past papers. You have to pay extra to get past papers here. Yes, there are a couple of TMAs, but these are badly formatted and short. It would be far more useful to have actual Edexcel past paper questions as the TMAs. Revision. There are no summaries, no key points, no revision pages in the long-winded book. No little questions, no keywords, nothing that will get you thinking at the end of each topic. Practicals. Most at home students will not actually get the practical endorsement, but as there are many exam questions on techniques, I actually think that it would be essential to make simple videos showing the course practicals. Communication. I actually didn't use my tutor, as it was easier to just go online for help when I needed it. However, my lowest expectation would be maybe an email halfway through asking how I was getting on, and a note to say good luck with your exams! Got absolutely nothing. I am genuinely gobsmacked that I didn't even get an automated good luck email... Basically, I feel embarrassed that I trusted them and gave them so much money. Totally scammed is the only way to describe how I feel.

course (63) student services (8) level 3 diploma (5) course materials (5) 2 months (3)
hannahp170
June 24th, 2019
Biology A level (Fast Track)
I'm so disappointed with what I (didn't) receive for my money with this course.
My expectations for that money would be:
noahm42
May 10th, 2017
Over these past months, I successfully completed a number of Professional Diplomas with Oxford College and have thoroughly enjoyed the experience, in fact it has been first class. The staff were and are exceptionally helpful, patient, supportive and motivating; in addition the online study materials and completion certificates arrived very promptly without delay. I have no reservation in recommending Oxford College and indeed have done to my professional colleagues and friends. The prices are very reasonable and affordable and the website is user-friendly and easy to navigate. Thank you Oxford College for a wonderfully positive and stimulating online educational experience.
kellyk37
January 8th, 2015
I got a Diploma in Counselling. I found the course material to be very useful. I would have liked to have had some sort of mock exam though the demo wasn't very helpful to me. I found my tutor very helpful with my self reflection of my SAP's. I thoroughly enjoyed my course and the other students were amazing. If the course was free then 5 stars would have been achieved but I think 4 stars is still extremely good to get.

Tip for consumers: I thoroughly reccomend Oxford college as the tutors I had genuinely wanted the students to succeed.

josht56
April 18th, 2018
fabiolaq2
May 16th, 2019
Since I've been on this course I have been generally unsatisfied with the standard of support. Whenever I asked my tutor a question, I always get the impression that I am disturbing her. Her answer is short without hardly any in-depth descriptions that would help and support me with my queries. She doesn't teach me anything.

Also, there is no relationship between tutor and student. My tutor cannot be bothered to address me by my name, half of the time, when she emailed me, I find this extremely disrespectful. She will never even say, "Hi (name), I hope that you are well." The other thing is when I submit my work, she never acknowledges the fact that she has received my work. I submitted my Unit 2 assignments on Monday the 29/01/19, and I didn't hear anything back until I sent her an email 15 days later. Even after emailing her, it was the student services who got in touch with me and told me that the document that I sent was a blank document. This was obviously a huge lie when I submitted my work; I went on to check several times if my coursework was adequately submitted and it was. So, not only I have been lied to that the document that I have sent was blank, but also shouldn't my tutor have the common decency to tell me that my work document is blank?
I am an independent student, and I have completed, a distance learning, access course to a very high standard and my former tutors all had one thing in common, and that was their love for teaching. So, I do know how distance learning is supposed to operate.
With Oxford college campus, there is a considerable lack of consideration for students. The cost of the course is expensive, while the standard is next to none. Here are a few factors where I believed they are lacking;
1) First and foremost, I don't think Oxford learning college care about their students at all.
2)Students don't receive a weekly email from their tutors and see how they are getting on.
3) They aren't allowed to receive a weekly phone call, to support students on things that need advice.
4) Students and tutors don't have a forum where they can talk to each other. Even traditional colleges have forums for students. Inclusion is essential for everyone, but the Oxford learning college promotes exclusions.
5)Another thing that is absurd is the ridiculous website. I seriously, cannot believe whenever I need to submit my presentation, I need to send it to Student Services.
6) Individuals who study with Oxford learning college are nothing but a number.
7) Every single universities and college, that provide higher education courses, here in the United Kingdom, provide students with Turnitin accounts, for them to check their work for plagiarism and Oxford college doesn't offer such thing for their students.
If your future academic and career prospects mean a lot to you, do not even think about studying with them. You will regret it.

I believe that their 5 stars reviews are fake reviews that have been purchased online.
alis578
February 24th, 2016
Had to pay £25 for 'PDF' material that took weeks to arrive, and in the end wasn't actually a PDF it was a link to an eBook file you could only access from one device.

So they offer PDFs that aren't actually PDFs
jackg69
January 9th, 2017
My course(cognitive therapy) was focused on thoughts and feelings.You will review theorists such as Aaron Beck and Carl Gustav Jung and their work on therapy sessions and background of them and their lives. You will review the psychoanalytical psychology by Sigmund Freud including behaviorism and humanistic psychology. The course was a great addition to my current knowledge about these people and proved to be very fun as well.
aimeem8
April 22nd, 2016
Don't ever use this company guys !! I paid over £1000 they cut my course off a month before my exams!! (They took all my money before they did this and didn't offer any refund at all) And I sent my course to be authenticated and they didn't do it so my coursework couldn't be marked! Save your money. Go elsewhere
georgej106
July 9th, 2018
I chose the forensic and criminal psychology as i have always found this type of crime and forensics interesting. I enjoy watching forensic programmes which inspired me to complete a course in this field. I have learnt so much so far and there are still some units to complete before i finish my course and are ready to take the exam.

I have worked through various units so far which were clearly labelled online and the instructions were simple to follow for anyone using the online studying programmes. I was surprised by the level of content and quality of the material. I have recommended it to several work colleagues and friends,its certainly the best online college I've studied with yet.
firec1
October 6th, 2016
ok- This is a very dopey company. It seems as tho they are asleep.

They do not update the website so the courses that are outdated or have been withdrawn are still being advertised as being available to study.

I enrolled on one of their 'withdrawn' courses which they were not aware of because after paying the fee/enrollment process, I did not receive the course login details for over a week which I thought was odd considering the course took place online so I queried them about it and the customer rep said, 'still waiting for exam board confirmation'. So i waited another week and still nothing so I sent them another email and this time response was 'we are currently looking into this and will get back asap'. And still nothing so I requested for a refund because I got fed up of the slow responses and rightly so. And then it wasn't until almost a month into my enrollment they sent me an email informing me that the course had been withdrawn and recommended me an alternative course which I'm not obliged to switch to.

This course was not available to study, it had been withdrawn and yet it was still advertised on their website which led me to enrol with them in the first place. Had this course been available to study, I would have been a month into the course instead I spent a month chasing this refund which they do not plan to refund in full (minus 20quid 'cancellation fee') but i will lodge a complaint.

What does this tell us? As course providers, it is their responsibility to keep up to date with the courses' specification such as course availability in my case, and update their website which they do not do.Hence they have wasted a over a month of my time.

Avoid at ALL costs.
samk94
October 29th, 2016
It was a really good course and i enjoyed it, one thing i found a bit confusing is extra topics. Overall I would still recommend it.
savhinb
October 13th, 2016
The course gives you a broad knowledge of law. If you work through the modules and work the self assessment preparation, you will end up with a very good grade in most legal fields. The support and comments of the tutors when you submit your SAPs is invaluable, it helps you to achieve a higher level without even realising it. I feel really confident now to apply for a job, or to further my studies. I think this course has opened a lot of new possibilities.
annar16
January 29th, 2013
awful waste of money nothiong to show but a very expensive piece of pape rwhich you have to pay extra for, disapointed at the whole experience. shouldnt be allowed to practice
henrym124
May 21st, 2018
Despite my age, I decided to do some learning as no one is too old for that. I learned a lot about computers in the course I did and would say it was good value, thanks.
jerryl139
September 26th, 2018
I took this course as a add on for my own professional development. I have just started to work as an apprentice in the science facilities at my local college. I am interested in the human body and everything which goes with it such as this course, diet and nutrition and exercise.
davidw123
December 2nd, 2013
Positive reviews probably written by the staff of the website themselves. The support was poor. Tutor pathetic. No good learning materials provided. It was an expensive paper that was a waste of time.
kwamek
February 26th, 2010
This online College (Oxford Distance Learning) tells prospective students they can receive learning materials either by electronic copy or hardcopy. You pay £40 for opting for a hardcopy. However, when you opt for the electronic copy and you open the file once, you cannot open the file again. You cannot also print the file. This is after paying fees of more than £400. It leaves you with no option, but to request for a hardcopy and cough out a further £40 pounds. These people at oxford distance learning are really thieves. When you complain about not being able to open the electronic version of their course material they just tell you to try again after spending time and units on the phone to explain your frustration. I registered for a course and opted for both the electronic course material and payment by instalment. After paying the first instalment and not being able to open the file, I complained to them but to no avail. I refused to pay the rest of the course fees till they rectified the situation with my course materials but they simply suspended my account and forwarded it to debt collectors. That is for a service that was never delivered and and the most appaling customer service I have ever experienced. Stay off Oxford Distance Learning (also Oxford College)!!!! They are crooks!!!
anniew
September 27th, 2009
it's not the website, its more the way they work, very poor service, I would ot recommend after I did a Diploma, means nothing
jamest240
September 21st, 2017
I enrolled on the equine science course in order to support my experience within the equine industry and to consolidate previous learning. I hoped that completing the diploma would make me more eligible for enrolment in a course for animal physiotherapy, since their pre-requisite of an A-level in science was not met by my B grade at GCSE! Happily I have already been accepted and have found this equine science diploma invaluable to my new studies. The course was straightforward and comprehensive, whilst always encouraging me to do more research into each topic. The tutors have always been quick to respond to my queries, marked each assessment shortly after submitting, and have been fair and made positive, constructive comments throughout, even when I struggled with some of the content! Student services are unfailingly cheerful - happy to help with even the most mundane and trivial questions. They have been truly supportive for the duration of the course. I would highly recommend the equine science diploma as good value for money and as an invaluable asset to anyone who wishes to further their career, or simply enhance their knowledge.
leow37
August 29th, 2018
The material given online was good quality, easy to read and easy to put into action (for my course at least).
ivyl31
October 20th, 2016
I have just finished doing my level 3 diploma in Personal training and Sports coaching, it was a great course, I learned a lot. With having family issues it was hard to study but studying with oxford college really helped me a lot, I passed with 43 out of 50 which is a pass with Distinction. Overall 10/10 for Oxford College now thanks to them i can continue on to higher education :) If you love sport then do this diploma.
alexandraw11
November 13th, 2016
I have not studied for many years so was not sure what to expect.
I thoroughly enjoyed the Marine Biology course, the online material was well structured and easy to use. The tutor comments were helpful and kept motivation up. The assessment was harder than I expected, but a good test of knowledge and understanding of the subject. Overall this has been a great reintroduction to studying and I will continue to do more.
ethanw12
April 18th, 2017
I personally liked the course, the content of the reading materials and the language used. i found the information useful and it was pleasant to go through the reading materials. Personally I wanted to pass the course faster and because of that didn't write most of the SAP's but probably is a good idea to be compulsory. I think that they are very useful and make the student to do a lot of research while learning many new and additional things. I am very happy with the fast and efficient responses from the academic department or my tutor's feedback on the SAP's. Thank you very much and would say great job to your team
colinm71
August 22nd, 2017
I have always enjoyed everything about travelling, I am well travelled having visited many countries and thought this course would suit me well.

The course helped me to gain understanding in other areas of travel such as travel agency, tourism, destinations, long haul destinations, the role of the travel agency and customer service.
olivers45
December 14th, 2016
I had assumed the course will be a work over which I can complete in less than 2 months. To my surprise the quality and depth of the material was much more challenging than I had expected. I have learned professional details that have significantly improved my competence and confidence in psychometric practice. I had set out to pass the exam with a Distinction, but I passed with Merit. Painful but interesting.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Oxford Learning College staff and other customers.

Oxford Learning College is a leading Online Education Programme Provider. We work with respected education providers to provide Accredited Diplomas Online.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Oxford Learning College?

See reviews as you browse with our Chrome extension

4.5
Have a question about Oxford Learning College?