Review of Origin

209 Redwood Shores Parkway
Redwood City, CA 94065, United States

bogdanc6
5/25/19

Disconnected like 5 times in a row this weekend of weekend league on FIFA 19, and got a loss for each. Good internet, good PC, just a horrendous platform. If u ever think about buying a game and it's on Origin, think again and don't do this mistake.

luciac35
5/5/19

not works!!
problems with 4k,
problem with windows 10.
problem with login
problem with everything!

please con u update this client?
it's very frustratyng.

gordonc66
8/12/18

I can't see how it can be legal for a person to purchase a program (EA Games) and have it controlled by a entity like Origin. They should be shot & pissed on. Will never purchase anything connected with Origin or Steam again.

allisoni9
6/25/18

Origin is the worst platform ever!! It always uninstalls my games or removes them completely, updates needed frequently when launching, not user friendly at all. Such a waste of time and money spent on games that can barely be played properly, absolutely sick of it. EA needs to change this seriously. I can only imagine how poorly theyre performing against other platforms in this space. Very disappointing.

katlenv
5/12/18

People always seem to wonder why so many gamers are going from Origin to Steam. The answer is simple, Origin sucks. If I try to download a game on the same computer I bought it on, it should be almost an instant process. Buy the game, get sent the product code, download the game. However, Origin does not seem to share this sentiment. You spend half an hour trying to buy the game because Origin makes it so difficult then have to wait 48 hours to even be SENT the code and another few hours for it to download. Businesses should be making it as simple as possible to purchase and enjoy the business so that people want to support it. If you make everything 12 times more difficult that it should be, they can't be upset or surprised when PAYING customers refuse to pay.

hndud
4/21/18

this app sucks its giving me errors when i try to play the game, my mom wasted her money buying me sims 4 and sims 3 orgin wasted me and my moms time i was having fun when i first got it and a month later its broken

izabellak1
3/14/18

I recently changed my account information and tried to get help, I go to contact origin and their directions are as if I'm a tech genius! IM NOT OK! and then I tried to contact them just now and it would even let me! SO I try to log in online and it worked! BUT everything I ever bought WASN'T THERE! AND NOW I FEEL LIKE IM GOING TO CRY BECAUSE I HAVE SPENT HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS ON THERE GAMES! DON'T EVER CHANGE YOUR INFORMATION BECAUSE UNLESS YOUR A TECH EXPERT THEY ARE USELESS AND WON'T TELL THE INFORMATION TO AN IDIOT.

sergeyg24
2/18/18

Никого не слушайте отличный сайт с играми !
Рекомендую всем !
Здесь можно найти всё что вам нужно !

teganl6
2/7/18

This website has so many problems and bugs I cant even explain them all. From billing to trying to add something to buy it refuses to add a game to allow purchase. Help section is pointless with very little information.The website is in horrible condition and i could just imagine a parent that is trying to buy something for their children and get so fed up and confused to wtf is going on. Im sure this website loses so much money its a horrible way to do business. I am a web designer and i would be fired for this site.

jaccov
1/14/18

I bought a bundle of old games at a shop and got a code for origin.
So I downloaded the origin clinet which went very smoothly,
I redeemed the code and started downloading the game....

And everything broke down. Download is not working and the origin client is crashing.
I am just very happy that I bought some cheap old games. So it wasn't a big waste of money.

rafaels54
1/4/18

i paid for a game on ea online & instead of giving me a link to download the game, they give me a link to download "origin" that takes forever and once downloaded crashes while trying to install. After its finally installed, i NOW have the privilege to download the game i payed for 3 hrs ago, guess what, that takes another 2 hours (mind you i have brand new spec'd out mac & top tier internet, EVERYTHING else i do on the internet is almost instantaneous, this made me feel like i was back in 1997).

Game downloaded and guess what, i cant play cause i "cant connect to their servers, try again later). soooooo many $#*!ing issues that are ALL due to this platform that is completely unnecessary, its just a way for them to be in the middle of you and your game for more control and data im guessing. but guess what, if you're gonna get in between me and something i payed my money for, at least have the decency to stay out of the way and not make it harder at EVERY SINGLE GODDAMN TURN.

Its been days now and i still havent played the game :\ in the process of getting a refund but they're not making that easy either. Guess ill just be pirating the game, sorry developers.

annam373
12/31/17

literally i just wanna play sims idk why they make it so frickin hard. They're always mandatory updating and it glitches constantly i hate it.

ambere22
11/26/17

I haven't even got to start playing the game I bought through them because it is STILL trying to download. I started downloading Sims 4 at 10:30 PM and it is still trying to download.. at 2:10 AM. Also, I downloaded the Origin "app" for my computer and all it did was make my computer run slower. Very irritated.

Tip for consumers: Don't waste your time with this site. Just go buy the game on your own for your Xbox or something.

jok67
11/15/17

Origin is the worst! I updated Sims 4 which took 4 hours, I then bought Sims 4 cats and dogs which also took 4 hours to download and install- by the time I went to play it, Origin had to update- which continued to crash. I.T had only just recently serviced my computer and I have no issues with any other games, browsing or downloads. I followed all the troubleshooting problems suggested on the Origin EA official website (including manually uninstalling 'Origin'), now it won't even re-download. I've had enough- You spend money on games you can't even play. Origin is impossible, especially for those who are not computer savvy. It should be simple to use and not require so much hassle.

desp28
9/17/17

$#*! origin. don't waste your money, go out and buy the game for your computer because somewhere along the line origins system will delete your account or something and not let you log in your everything will be deleted. so if you don't want to waste your time like i've done, don't get this

maryb499
9/1/17

Bought a game 2 years ago- couldn't figure out for the life of me how to download it and install it on the computer. The instructions given at the time, I remember, being VERY unclear and very roundabout and in the end I just gave up surrounded by my codes and CDs and applications.
Gave it a try last night after seeing the same game wasn't for sale in the App store- and waited all night downloading it! woke up this morning very excited to FINALLY get to play the game I paid full price for more than 2 years ago- but tried to launch the game this morning to an "unknown error" message. and then it quits. every, single. time.
I've tried to chat with the customer service people, the button won't click for me to request one for some reason even though I've filled out all the required fields.
so my 2-year-old game and I will NOT be making a rendezvous and honestly if I could go back in time anyWHERE TO ANY LOCATI9ON I would go back to Walmart 2 years ago and knock that game out of my hand so I would have never heard of origin.

vdoyk
8/28/17

Had an issue with a game that was installed on my pc but when i tried to launch all it would say is you need to install the game. tried their support centre and i felt like i could of taken and dump in the middle of the street and asked it for help and it would of done a better job helping me. Ea should just sell their $#*! on steam and give up on origin

jasonr142
8/21/17

Why won't the platform install on my pc? I have downloaded and every time I try to install it times out? replacing cd with downloads you suck!

joelm94
8/12/17

If I could give it negative stars I would. Bought a game and it required that I download Origin platform. I did this. It gives me worse performance that Windows 8. It would required periodic updates that then made the performance impossible. It would require multiple reboots to get it working again. Then, a few days ago it just stopped working. Corrupted I guess. The best suggestion EA had was to uninstall and then reinstall Origin. Unfortunately, it won't let you uninstall it either. Piece of garbage.

siddp
7/15/17

Bought games.. do not launch.. contacted the customer service...but no use...the customer service guys are of no help. plz dont waste your money buying games from origin. Its better you purchase the game from the website

colums
7/14/17

The absolute worst "game client" if you can really call it that, that I have ever used. I've never been more frustrated trying to use a piece of software than I have with this, and I work in Information Technology. In all honesty, you'd probably have a better chance of finding a pirated copy of EA's games than using Origin. It never wants to work when you're not connected to the internet, and even when you are connected to the internet, there's always some kind of issue that prohibits you from simply playing a game. Not to mention the fact that it's nearly impossible to modify your games because EA has a bad opinion on modding games. Overall, I would never recommend that anyone use Origin, in fact I would recommend staying as far away from Origin. It's an absolute nightmare.

Tip for consumers: Just don't use it whatsoever.

rosiek4
7/12/17

They are beyond a joke. There are rarely solutions to origin problems so I regularly have to uninstall and reinstall the program. Whenever there are updates the whole thing stops working. I miss the old days when EA games ran smoothly. Without origin.

nickir2
7/12/17

I was waiting for a game to go on sale for 4 weeks and no sale. I bought the game on a Monday and it went on sale the next day and I called and asked them to credit me the difference and that I was going to buy more games and they told me no. I'm upset because it's a small request and they can see that I bought it 3 hours before it went on sale. It's only 20% off but it sucks to lose money. They could've remedied it but they didn't.

Tip for consumers: Don't buy it unless it's on sale, just wait. They are thieves

aaronn19
7/6/17

!WARNING! Do not purchase SimCity 4 from Origin! They've recently made changes to the game which doesn't allow you to patch an important update for better game play. I would suggest visiting other sites Stream but do not purchase the game from Origin!

ziedlers
6/19/17

HORRIBLE! Soooo Sooooo bad. Anyone who gives more than 1 star is clueless sheep, ignore them. This is the worst! I will NEVER EVER buy EA again. Origin is a disaster. It's malware that EA forces you to install to play their games. Forget it EA. Go suck a fat one.

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

By Mary A.

Questions? Get answers from the Origin staff and other customers.

Origin?