Review of Optimum.net

Optimum.net reviews

leea126
5/28/18

We are pensioners living on a fixed income and have been loyal customers of OPTIMUM CABLEVISION for over ten years. In the past years their rates have catapulted to ridiculous heights.
5 Months ago we contacted the company and told them that the rates we were paying were way too high for us and was their anything they could do for us to lower these rates before we considered looking for some alternative provider. At the time we were getting the basic package and were paying for 2 dvr receivers (also included was phone and internet).
I spoke to some woman supervisor who told us that being loyal customers and not wanting to lose us, they would offer us a better package and 2 free dvr receivers. This upped the original price by $7 but we were getting more channels, plus the movie channels. This agreement would be binding for 2 YEARS.
So this agreement, although verbal and over the phone was to come into effect on January 1st, 2018. All was well UNTIL yesterday, May 27th (5 months since the start of this agreement), as I was about to pay my bill, I realized that it was now $10 more than we had agreed upon and what I had been paying previously.
We immediately contacted Optimum to see what was going on, and the first person basically told us that if we don't like it we can leave........
Shocked, we called again and asked to speak to a supervisor, someone with authority, and spoke to some guy called DAVE. I told him that we had a two year agreement and after 5 months it had been jacked up by $10. He told me that that was the price for a DVR which we were only getting for 5 months WHICH WAS NOT THE AGREEMENT.
Why would I agree to have the original amount I was disputing jacked up in 5 months by $16 which is now above what I originally contested.
In short, this SUPERVISOR DAVE, told us that he was sorry, but there was nothing they could do about this, and we are free to leave Optimum which obviously we will be doing.
It is amazing to me that apart from not adhering to their contract, they would lose loyal customers (paying $150/month) over a dispute of $10 when they are begging people to join for $69.99/month. We had a binding agreement, albeit a verbal one, which they refuse to uphold. What kind of company does that?
In my book, it is a disgrace, and no way will we deal with them anymore. There are enough companies out there who will be only too have to have us as customers and I am sure will adhere to their contracts.
In short, this is a warning to people considering using this service - their contracts ARE NOT BINDING. You will be scammed like us.

dianek17
4/1/14

Had a technician to the house today to switch home phone service from At&t to Optimum... Technician was extremely helpful with helping navigate website and access all phone feature.... i would highly recommend

Questions? Get answers from the Optimum.net staff and other customers.

Optimum.net?