Review of oohilove

oohilove reviews

susannah19
4/3/17

This site was nothing more than a HUGE SCAM. Several years ago I signed up to bid and won a $500 Bloomingdale's Gift Certificate, but trying to actually get them to send you what you have won is impossible.
First, you must jump through all of their hoops.. then they tell you your item will arrive in approx. 15 days. When you never receive your item they use all kinds of stalling tactics and ultimately stop responding to emails.
I filed a complaint with the FTC.. next thing I knew the website was closed down. Evidently, I was not the only one who filed a complaint.

michaelp69
1,400 helpful votes
10/18/13

Elvis was probably thinking of people that run this type of operation when he wrote "Don't be cruel to a heart that's true". They lead you on in promise of something you desire and at the last moment, they kick it down the road just out of reach. over and over again till your broke or you overpaid. This reminds me of a radio contest they had down in San Diego at Belmont Park in the early 90's. They had a contest that 10 people who got to the finals get to ride the roller coaster there all day until one is left. The last person to get off would win a new car. This contest went on for days until there were only 2 people hell bent on making it to the end. That's when they modified the rules so that when they were finished at the end of the night they had to sleep in the seats of the coaster. The 2 poor souls were only allowed to eat tuna melt sandwiches and drink warm mountain dew. I believe they did this for several weeks until they felt so sorry for the two folks that they each got cars. That station never did that contest again! That would be the only difference between this website and the radio station, the website would of let them keep on going until one of them died. I know my opinion is very subjective but that is the way I strongly feel about these type of sites preying on desperate people trying to get a good deal.

mariap6
5/22/11

Very bad experience, I lost $750, I got scammed big time. I feel that I lost a battle without a fight. I am sure that the automatic bidders are inside job.

carols3
4/17/11

the sad thing about this website is that it shows on page 1 of google in position 1-4 so obviously a lot of people would have been exposed to this scam. shame...the concept was cool but strategy and execution...pants!

nataliar
4/12/11

I believed it was not a scam so I purchased $100 worth of bids only to lose every time. That would have been fine had I been able to purchase other items with the rewards dollars I earned, but the web site closed before I could purchase anything at their trunk show. I emailed them to find out if new items would be coming to the trunk show since I wasn't thrilled with the options and they told me more would be coming very soon. Next thing I knew the website was shut down. Not happy.

gemmac1
4/3/11

THis is an auction online. Yes, out of stupidity I tried this website and lost
100$. (my max) to try. and GUESS what? within less than a week
when I check the site again, A notice showed up instead of the homepage
that says they are closing the business!!!! or they are closed!!!

bvlah
3/31/11

I won a Gucci handbag on March 7, 2011 and they said if I'm not receive the item by the 15th business day then contact them. Well I contact them on the 16th day which is a few days ago and their email was on and off. Finally they email me and said will get back to me soon. At first I didn't think it's a scam because they once credit me $200 back on my credit card. Now it's 18th business day already (Mar 31, 2011) and today the website is closed. My bag has not arrive and I still have 72 bids ($72) in my account. I almost buy another 200 bids last night but when I entered a valid coupon code, it said invalid. I then suspicious and wait for today and see what happen. What happen to my all my $72 and the Gucci bag I won? I know I'm not the only one and I know it's not a scam because there's people actually receiving the bag. Anyone write down their phone number.

joyceb4
3/29/11

Oohilove has quit answering emails, stopped shipping merchandise, and stopped emailing out virtual gift cards. Real bad news. On March 26th they posted on their Blog "The End Of Oohilove" and then promptly took it down. All this in just the last 20 days. Looks like something is up at Oohilove.....

melodiew
3/1/11

I like Oohilove - but I cannot get online today - just wondering if anyone else out there is having difficulty or is it just Me?

marifel
2/25/11

I wish I did my research first before signing up for oohilove.com - what a waste of money!! First off, I read everything on their website and even watched the video tutorial - I was convinced that their website was 'real' and it seemed legit to me, so I finally caved in and entered my credit card info and purchased the lowest 'bid pack' which was $29.99.

I started bidding on their Marc Jacobs bag and was doing pretty good until all of a sudden all these 'bid assistants' started to out-bid me and of course I eventually ran out of bids and could not continue. What's really strange is I waited until the last 10 seconds to start bidding, because I knew at least 3 other people were watching that same bag...as I sat there watching their 'manual bids' I started to notice all these 'new bidders' popping up. (This of course raised a red flag to me). I knew something was not right here. I have a feeling it's the company's employees who monitor the site and make sure suckers like me do not win the luxury designer bag. What a waste of time & money.

The good news is I only gambled $30 on this website --definitely a hard lesson learned -- PLEASE STAY AWAY from oohilove.com ...they are running a scam!

lizeth
2/2/11

I feel like an idiot going on this site. It is a waste of time!! You sit there for hours trying to bid/win and by the time you know it you have bid more than you wanted to and are left with love dollars....which is a joke!! I don't recommend this site to anyone...dont waste your time!

davem10
1/30/11

this site had the opportunity to be brilliant.

instead it is a royal scam.

How dare you allow bidding to occur in such an unprofessional manner that would put the gambling industry to shame.

Anyone with half a brain can translate 1 penny to one dollar and see that everything is 10 fold the cost. There must be a consumer watch group that will find out about this and shut you down as quickly as you scammed people.

This is perhaps the biggest bull$#*! site i have every been on..refer a friend? not on your lame website, or life.

gbb
1/21/11

This site has pretty items, though I've been watching it for a long time and not won anything. Not sure if it's a scam or not, though things are advertised as genuine? Don't see real bargains yet.

raynap
1/17/11

I would say that overall, this site is quite suspicious. I've been watching it on and off for a few days and there are 2 bidders who seem to have endless wallets. Their names are yulicos and tkatrob. They frequently bid against each other for endless amounts of time, and it seems as though they exist to keep bids going when there aren't enough bids on certain items.

Both of these characters were bidding endlessly on 2 LV bags today simultaneously and against one another (it's still going on now at midnight and I noticed the behavior before 8pm). Between today and yesterday, these two bidders have spent well over a thousand bids (or so I estimate that's what the hours of bidding has come to) and show no signs of stopping. Even with all of this spending, neither one has won.

I feel like the company is possibly using shill bidders or bots to run through real bidders' cash. The behavior of yulicos and tkatrob is just too suspicious. They haven't won bidpacks according the winners page, so they are somehow spending thousands of dollars without any regard to the value of the products??

roxyb
1/4/11

Here is my take and I am a bit sketchy of this site overall. It is very addicting no doubt. I have won 4 times. The first I bid w a bid assistant and after 6 excrutiating hours won the bag by 6%, so with the shipping and duty I should have gone out to buy the bag. The second I won by 80% it was a gift card it cosr me $11 and they wanted to charge 39.95 to ship it which was ridiculous I even told them so. The next time I bid over what the item cost by 15% as I wanted to have at least something than nothing. The 4th time I won the item by 50% but after the shipping again 39.95(canada) and the duty 114.00 the bag had a retail tag of 398.00 I should have gone out to buy the bag. Am I nut I think so but i keep thinking if only I could be like those lucky few who bid a few times and win big I will be happy and stop. The other thing that irks me is those love dollars alll you can buy with those is crap so I don't know why they even give them to you. Any way It is fun but be prepared to lose..... and hold out maybe you will be one of those lucky few who occasionally make a few bids and win big. LOL...............

leee
12/29/10

I personnally LOVE the penny auction game...and it is a game...you are bidding for items much the same way you play the slots...hoping for a win. That being said this web site WAS AWFUL. I bought a 99 bid pack and recieved nine bids instead of 99. I then spent the NEXT FOUR WEEKS trying to get them to correct their mistake. I had to call THREE times and was put on hold a total of FIVE times. I will NEVER use the web site again nor would I recommend it.

laurelb2
12/28/10

I'm finding all these reviews of 'ohmigawditsawful' quite silly; it seems that no one bothered to read the fine print, or to find out how the bid assistant works...or indeed to even look at the mechanics of the the site's sales at all.

1) Buy bids. These are $1 for each $0.01 increment of bidding.

This provides for $100 to be made for each $1 of the item's price. So those $900 Christian Louboutin shoes that you bought for $10.12 + 43 bids cost you personally $53.12...but earned the site a gross of $1053.12. And if they paid $350/pair wholesale...awesome. They're making money and people are bidding competitively. It's fun for the whole family.

2) The Bid Assistant.
You can set the minimum price for when you want to start bidding -- you do not have to start at $0.00 and definitely should not start there! Look at the price ranges of similar items (in many cases, the same item) and see where the bidding range lies...then bid (aka bet) appropriately.
You can also set the maximum price that you'd like to bid up to, and how many bids you'd like to use to get there. Remember, you can theoretically spend $50 just to gain $1 in price; the site will not let you top your own bid, so that you can only get in 50 bids per dollar of price. In reality, there are so many other bidders, that this doesn't happen too often.

I am currently watching two auto-bidders with too much $$ duke it out, they have each spent over $300 just in bids for this one pair of $700 shoes -- the site has already won, especially when you add in the bidders like myself, who will probably spend ~$25 near the end to win/lose the shoes. Some of these $900 pairs of shoes auction for $55.00, i.e., $5500 gross for the site. Not a bad gig, eh?

3) Setting The Bid Assistant
You can limit how many bids the BA can use per your min-max range...it won't spend them all on one-upping $0.01; which is nice feature.

For every person who says 'how unfair it is,' there are a dozen who 'OMG, I love it! It's the best site ever!' -- for someone who just paid $44 for a pair of Louboutin heels vs. someone who paid $100 to lose a Gucci bag...because they did *not* understand the mechanics of the game.

Do you play craps when you go to Vegas? Or do you play Blackjack or Texas Hold'em? eBay is the Blackjack or Hold'em...welcome to craps, ladies.
Win, lose, learn and get some freaking wonderful merchandise at the same time. Just do not listen for me playing the world's tiniest violin when you don't read the rules and don't understand how to play the game. Don't whine when you don't know how to play...

paulettew
12/27/10

first of all let me say that i personally think that anyone who gets onto sitejabber and makes a good comment about this website has to be a scam or fraud themselves. i have been looking at this website for over a month now debating on whether i should make a purchase and thank god i didn't. here are some of the reasons why i followed my guts and not buy there bid packets.

the manual bidders has no chance of winning, only the bid assistance ever wins
the bid assitance makes you bid against yourself all the time
its the same people who wins all the time, mind you only wid the bid assistance.
nonstop,cantstop,notgonnaquit,notgonnagiveup,giveupalready,alwaysready,try2keepup,yulicos.

now check the history guys. lastnight there was a guccibag being auction. it started at 6 and ended at 10 30 the following morning. more than 12 hours people has been bidding. guess who finally won, bid assistance tkatrob. he placed 1630 bids by himself, totaling $1688.00. cum on people the bag was only worth S1,511.00. why will you bid so much on a bag which is cheaper in the store?
its obvious that this person was not real or probably works for the company.
they need to be taken off the net and the government needs to do their job and charge these people for fraud.

evies
12/26/10

I GAVE THEM $450 I GUESS IT TAKES ME LONGER TO UNDERSTAND I STILL TRUST PEOPLE THIS IS NOTHING BUT A THIEVING COMPANY. THIS TIME I REALLY WATCHED ITS ONLY THE SMALLL AMOUNTS THAT GET CLOSED. THEY STILL HAVE MY MONEY. WHAT A THIEVING BUNCH OF !?!!!!
EVIE

loran
12/20/10

Oohilove is geared toward predominately the female audience carrying items like Louis Vuitton pocket books, Tiffany and Co. jewelry and Gucci items among other designer brands that are exclusively for use by women. U ROCK OOHILOVE.

amberj
12/20/10

The site is so awesome and the product are also so cooool and fabulous. i've won 2 gucci handbags and still bidding to win so much more. i m so addicted to these handbags and also to this site.love u sooo much ooh i love

keshyah
12/20/10

I've been watching the site for about 2 months but couldn't get any independent confirmation that it wasn't a giant ripoff or how they could possibly sell @ such low "prices." Now I get it and believe. I will get back to you with my progressafter the holidays.

laras1
12/20/10

After reading all the comments on this site about oohilove i can to a point whuch is most of people don't like oohilove but few of them LOVE OOHILOVE.. and those few people are the winners who won something from the site and this prooves that atleast the site is not a scam ....

janetk1
12/15/10

tHE SITE IS A SCAM TO CHEAT PEOPLE OUT OF THEIR MONEY. WHEN I THREATEN TO REPORT THEM TO THE BBB/DA OFFICE THEY SENT ME AN e-MAIL MAIL CLOSING THEIR AUCTION. I VIDEO TAPE HOW THE NUMBERS WOULD JUMP TO 16 INSTEAD OF 30 TO START OVER. I HAVE PROOF OF VIDEO ON MY BLACKBERRY. THEN THEY LIE TO HAVE PEOPLE BELIEVING THIS ALL THEY PAY FOR AN ITEM. THIS INCIDENT HAPPENDED 14 DEC 2010

mariab4
12/3/10

I purchased a 50 bid pack and had a coupon code for get 10 bids free. The auctions take forever because people keep bidding and that adds time to the end of the auction. So, I tried bid assistant. That is also annoying.
They give you "love dollars" for each bid that you can use at their "trunk show" There is nothing in their Trunk Show Section..at least the last time I checked.They also charge A LOT for shipping. It seems you can't win for losing on this site. Stick with ebay or a site I just found called yoogiscloset.com. It has designer co-sign stuff that is super cute!

Questions? Get answers from the oohilove staff and other customers.

oohilove?