Review of OLX

485 7th Avenue
New York, NY 10018, US

uh1
2/17/19

After the new updation it useless to view or acess the information,The old design was best to locate & also interact.

come to old design & with features

peterm591
1/14/19

at first it was working 100% till december i got banned ,i created another 1 it got banned ,i created 6more accounts they also got banned ,i lost customers and my company rating has dropped.i need clarity on this matter

muhammade5
12/29/18

There are peoples who are stealing you data, your phone number for sms marketing. Secondly fake jobs add are posted everyday
These people mostly are scam, call centres that cam't even afford to pay 12k as a basic salary. For properties, mostly are property dealers. Mobile phones are faulty and everyone try to sell it out at good rate. 98% scam is running on this website.

jojov2
12/27/18

OLX specially Philippines is a haven for scammers. I bought a external hard drive advertised as 500gb capacity. The seller and I met up and I paid for it but when I got home I discovered that the hard drive was only 250gb. I called up the seller but phone is either off or does not reply to messages. Once the seller called and I was told that they will replace it but a week has passed and still nothing. It appears the seller is just making excuses only. OLX is the worst to transact business with. They do not protect their customers.

Tip for consumers: Never use OLX they are full of scammers.

mariusza1
10/28/18

OLX forces to pay for free listings. Although I wrote to them, several times. They apologize and do the same thing over and over again. Terrible dirty tricks.

sameerk14
9/13/18

VeryVeryVeryVeryVeryVeryVeryVery BAD Service for Paid Services.

I purchased two services for 3 Feathered add and 5 same category adds but the adds didn't go live.

They are simply looting the money from customers.

Feeling to file case of Fraud against OLX.:(

rubios
8/10/18

This site has the best feature of all that is recycling any product buying and selling profucts...there are many happy customers out there some can even meet eachother if they want to check the product....

abel21
5/11/18

beware of olx.ph full of bait and switch scammers they post cheap price, wont reply and tell you to buy some junk, saying they will sell want you want if you buy some crap you dont need and ask you to send them the money as good faith then disappear when they get the money old bait and switch probably olx employees an inside job olx buyers beware deal only cash on delivery never ever trust scammers never trust olx

tiaanh
5/2/18

Was scammed
Bought a Fenix watch and the scammer sent me a tracking number from a logistics company, where after I made the payment.

The logistics company is a front and fake as well.
Please be on the look out he is C Thomas
Branch 051001

Very shocking!!!!

edl82
2/8/18

I am a seller and always using this website ever since I started, but now they $#*! up! This should be address with olx management

vishnuk3
9/8/17

Nowadays olx is not like before when its start up

All agents /supporter only like to sell their package to customer/seller.

So kindly I want to say u dont take any package from olx -they will take money and can also remove any time your ad with wrong excuses.i have worst experience with them,

Specially with Miss Suchita and Mr. Pavan who are doing nice commitment with everyone, finally excuses excuses and -

They Always Do

1. Wrong commitment always .

2. No support they only want to sell package.

3. After taking money from seller they are like lion-They Can give any excuses over it and cancel package no money refund and all and also will delete your ads before live time( to sell only their packages to you fast and fast.)

They Don't care about seller .Sometimes they will give you excuses and tell u sorry for removing your ads before time or excuses like duplicate ads.

After saying sorry they will offer your discount package -like 100 ads with 15 ads free as they do with all seller.

Means they are totally fraud .they have authority to make the ad live which is wrongly deleted by them but they will not do because they want sell their new package.

Only they want money money money by offering packages.Not listing what the seller saying to them, .

VK

jimbof1
8/31/17

It used to be useful. Now so frustrating that I never use it anymore. Gumtree's top online salesman is the OLX website!

lieslv
8/11/17

I used to sell an item a week on OLX, but with the new website I don't get notifications via e-mail any more so and only get them when I go to my profile. Don't get replies any more until it's too late! Can't search the whole country. really OLX - have you looked at the bad reviews!

janniev1
8/7/17

cannot search / filter newest to oldest. time consuming. cannot search in the whole of south africa. time consuming. OLX was my favourite but now I have to settle with gumtree and junkmail

angelinab12
7/28/17

I had 2 free ads then I started to reive daily calls from OLX staff "offering" ads plan to subscribe; I declined and they banned my account!

fredg53
7/26/17

OLX went from Excellent to CRAP....wonder who's clever idea was it to change it.I would
Like to know if an OLX representative can comment on all of the reviews...or at least one

victord32
7/17/17

What a shame... OLX used to be an efficient, highly effective, user-friendly, web platform for buying and selling. In a number of ways, it's functionality surpassed that of its biggest SA competitor, Gumtree. Unfortunately, however, OLX seems to have lost the plot.
Basic things such as being able to easily switch between local and country-wide searches (among numerous other things) is now a thing of the past. The new 'upgraded' OLX website is neither effective nor convenient to use, and has simply become a huge disappointment.
If OLX stays with its new 'upgraded' format and functionality, I'm done with it. I wonder if OLX senior management has any idea of the extent to which they are alienating their hard-won customer base by imposing on them this cumbersome and frustrating new website format. I suspect that most OLX users (up to this point), will indeed now be switching over to using Gumtree exclusively.
Whoever at OLX is responsible for their new 'upgraded' website and associated customer/user experience really should lose their job over this. They've really screwed up the OLX experience for all by having quite significantly misread what their customer base values in terms of the OLX "user experience."
Adios, OLX... hello, Gumtree!

royc218
7/9/17

sent olx an e-mail complaining of the new format. standard reply. it's gone down really bad in my estimation. but they won't admit the huge mistake they made. and what's with the childish icons? FFS

bertusb
7/5/17

OLX suck now after the update!!!!!!!!!!!
No dates of when people post there add.....
Post my add and wait now for a week still nothing after it told me its life now and share your link. but when my friend try to find it on olx Nothing........

tommyh41
6/29/17

I like to buy and sell things and use OLX and Gumtree. OLX is now unusable due to the $#*! location search function, I am unable to search the entire country or even the next town without having to change my location. This is an huge inconvenience and I would now rather just stick with Gumtree.

nkululekot
6/28/17

Guys cummon . olx was so simple and easy to use . Now its just irritating and useless. please bring back old olx geez . ehoever was behind the new one needs to let go . useless.

dalync
6/28/17

Gumtree was for me not so user friendly so I used OLX it was great Then the update What a lot of crap I want to see new ads not ads closest to me search in gauteng only or free state I dont want to make friends on OLX I want to buy something I look at ads and have to browse the same ads I saw the last browse and stuff is there that I phoned for but its already sold so just wasting my time data and money Great there is an item a couple of blocks from my location but its not what I am looking for or its sold but seller has not removed it let me tag it so it does not po up in my search every time or give me the option back to see new ads OLX update sucks time and money wasting

mthunzid
6/26/17

Please revert to the previous OLX. Now l cant even operate the new crap. Its honestly raising my temper why you had to change the best advertisement platform that has ever existed to one that no one had a clue what the crap is happening. At this point Gumtree is far better than OLX.

The new OLX honestly pisses me off because its honestly rubbish compared to the one before.

junaids5
6/25/17

PLEASE GO BACK TO YOUR PREVIOUS SITE, THE NEW SITE IS COMPLICATED, NON-USER FRIENDLY AND IS A PAIN TO WORK WITH.

hugol24
6/24/17

Have you still not got it. Your current system is zonked out.
Are you using some kind of idiot system to keep ads current? The only people who know what and how they want to sell are the sellers themselves, not some person in a cubicle with an "algorithm formula". for managing ads. GET REAL!!!!

OLX has no feedback.

By Gary L.

Questions? Get answers from the OLX staff and other customers.

3 Photos for OLX