OBAGI

2018 CUSTOMER CHOICE AWARD

OBAGI has a consumer rating of 3.79 stars from 48 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally satisfied with their purchases. OBAGI also ranks 3rd among Acne sites.

No critical highlights yet

How would you rate OBAGI?

“best money I've ever spent”

Jason V.
3/5/16

I have been using their products for just over 3 months now and I would say that it is the best money I've ever spent. I no longer have breakouts after years of getting spots on my cheeks. I used to use anti blemish products by Clinique which never did a thing for my skin. I would recommend that people suffering from acne give these products a try. I did and have absolutely no regrets. When you start using the products your skin will feel a little bit itchy but that's just your skin shedding and new skin forming. People now look at me and ask me if I've been on holiday, also telling me I look younger and asking what have I done. Guess it's that new skin giving me that new glow! Very happy with the Obagi Medical products.

“Obagi for hyperpigmentation”

Michael B.
10/23/19

After a few years of Obagi treatment this expensive combination of creams failed to permanently shift my hyperpigmentation. The creams do work initially by 'lightening' and 'correcting' the very top layers of skin and the results are great for a short while however my pigmentation came back, even though I was reapplying factor 50 sunblock continuously each day and religiously following the regime.

ericac181
May 21st, 2020
This company sells terrible cheap product. Their customer service is not much better. Look elsewhere.
benk271
September 16th, 2020
I previously had purchased the Blackhead vacuum from a different company. But when i seen they had the same product for sale for a lot less than what i paid i decided to message them on their live chat and ask a few questions. I spoke to Ashley, who was amazing even though she knew i wasn't going to be buy anything she still gave me amazing service answered my questions and even sent me links to articles on their site to get the most out of the product. Service was 11/10 and ill definitely be keeping an out for new products they launch.
dawnh19
October 13th, 2014
I had used the Obagi.com for the purpose of my skin treatment. And really website is very useful which gives perfect remedies for all kind of skin diseases. And I had bought obagi products from a doctor, and it really gave me a perfect result. So in my future also I will use this service. So I always support Obagi.com services.
thomast73
Thomas T.
June 13th, 2016
I have been using Obagi for 5 years and would never use anything else on my skin! I am nearly 50 years old and am constantly mistaken for someone in their late 30s. Go slow on the products if you have a peeling (expected!) reaction in the first few weeks/months, use mineral makeup to cover. I had freckles, sun damage and acne 5 years ago, but I can now feel great with no makeup on at all. It is truly amazing but requires PATIENCE and COMMITMENT! Stick with it! You won't regret it!
jaredc17
October 29th, 2014
Nice recommended site. I have purchased some face cr3eam that i had many spot and it worked well. My face looked very clear after i started using but the problem is we need to keep using it. Once if you stop it your face will as before
jeffy28
Jeff Y.
February 1st, 2016
I absolutely LOVE the Obagi Sunshield sunscreen! It gives you the best protection, but is not greasy, it's quickly and easily absorbed, and leaves your skin well moisturized. A big reason why I love it so much is that I always use multiple skin care products every morning after cleansing my skin, and this product does not interfere with any of those products. It's hard to find a really good day skin cream with a high enough SPF...well this solves the problem. I think you will love it as much as I do.
selenaz2
November 13th, 2018
Both of my teenagers have had acne issues and the Cleanziderm line working incredibly well. The only thing I don't like about it is the price and that it can't be purchased at an Ulta type retail store. It really does work though so the price is definitely worth it.
michaelb2707
October 23rd, 2019
angelad264
October 30th, 2019
I started using this product which was given to me by my esthetician (Nurse Practioner). I used the complete Obagi Nu-Derm Rx only kit by the second day my face was full of little dots. My cheeks were extremely red and burning. My nose and cheeks were also swollen. I stopped using it immediately. The dots and burning sensation lasted for 4 days, then my skin started getting dry and peeling really bad. Whole reaction lasted for a week. I contacted Obagi customer service and all they said is you had an adverse reaction contact the person that sold the product to you. Sorry to hear you are going through this.

This is not an acceptable answer when you paid $400 for these creams. My skin is very sensitive now. Be careful using this product.
jayz12
Jay Z.
November 7th, 2015
The Obagi system is an amazing treatment package. It totally cleared my skin of current acne and post acne red marks/hyper-pigmentation. The cost is high, but it's worth it. I keep coming back to this as it's the only regime that works for me. Great product line for adult type acne! I used the website to find a doctor's office near me that sells Obagi.
vickid59
February 21st, 2019
A plastic surgeon sold the Obagi kit to me for $477 -- maybe that also included his consultation fee -- to reduce irregular facial texture and red spots. I have used the kit of products every morning and every night since Oct. 22,2018, and my face looks exactly as it did before I started using the products. Bizarre that I also experienced no peeling or breakouts that I read about could result from use.
minkn
November 22nd, 2010
Great site, and great products. Never had a bad a experience.
valentinao4
September 3rd, 2019
I did the therapy for melasma, I just went away and just stopped melamine and melafix the melasma came back I would not recommend it, it is only for a while
dannyt1
August 24th, 2011
I have placed an order from this website on August the 15th, and have not heard or received anything from them. I have sent them two messages from their site and still have not heard anything back. The payment is made, but the products have not arrived. I need to let the public know so that it won't happen to them.
jasonv31
Jason V.
March 5th, 2016
geralds
February 15th, 2012
After months of using the Obagi Nu-derm, I saw some obvious results which really made me happy. This miracle beauty cream is unlike any other because it removed my fine lines in my forehead in less than three weeks. This beauty cream works like those expensive beauty products. I have also tried some obagi products like the Obagi Elastiderm and that too made my skin smoother. Of all the beauty products that I have used, this is one of the best in terms of making my skin look younger. Up to now, I still use these products to maintain my youthful-looking skin.
natashas3
June 29th, 2013
I had a great experience with this site. I called to place my order and the person I spoke with surprisingly knew a whole lot about the Obagi products I was interested in. I actually found out that the Obagi Exfoderm Forte exfoliator that my dermatologist had sold me for a ridiculous amount was wrong for my skin type and dried my skin out pretty badly. They recommended I switch to the normal Exfoderm and use a therapeutic moisturizer to fix the problem and it seems to be helping. The Exfoderm Forte that my dermatologist sold me is actually for people with naturally oily skin. Seems like he just wanted to sell me expensive product he had left on his shelf. I appreciate the great customer service from this site and the low prices.
karenh19
January 5th, 2012
I'm very satisfied that I was able to get my facial product for half the price my dermatologist was going to charge me. I was a little skeptical, but 5 days later i received my order. I'm really excited I can afford to continue using Obagi products for half the price!
tracyh1
September 25th, 2010
I had gone into the sun all summer long and my freckles have been going a little bit crazy. I bought obagi products from a nurse at a med spa and in just a few weeks all of the sun freckles that I got during the summer were gone. So much cheaper than going to a doctor too! Great products.
kristir2
October 28th, 2009
After working in the cosmetic industry for year, one of the only skin care products that actually delivers the promise of smoother, clearer skin is obagi. It is usually only sold in doctor's offices because of the ingredients. It works because the creams contain prescription grade ingredients that are not allowed to be sold in department stores. Anyone with pigment problems, wrinkles, large pores or texture problems should look into starting Obagi. The tradeoff is that it takes awhile to work and your skin becomes very red and peely when you first start to use it.
irisg
August 12th, 2008
Great skin care line for anti aging, pigmentation and much more - This is one of the first skin care lines available exclusively to physicians and it is great for a variety of skin types. My only advice is to make sure you see a dermatologist that has experience using these products and that you receive close follow up after beginning the program to ensure the best results.
sarahh
July 10th, 2008
Obagi for sun damaged skin - I have seen the benefits firsthand of a heavily sun damaged friend who used the NuDerm system and after only a couple of months his skin looked brilliant and clear. (He then went for a photofacial and is looking a good 15 years younger.) After seeing his results I would like to try this system for my hyper pigmentation and to minimize my pores. It is pricey though, and you have to get it through your dermatologist. But they also have a great sunscreen called Healthy Skin Protection that goes on really nicely and blends well on my face. Until I can get the NuDerm, I'll just have to protect from any further damage!
nicoleh1
January 25th, 2008
Skin Rejuvenation - I have used the products for the past 8 years on and off and really believe they have changed my skin dramatically. I highly recommend the this system to people who are looking to improve the texture and overall appearance.
25 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

They have a complete line dedicated to acne issues called Clenziderm but they also carry all kinds of products for other skin concerns.

See more answers (2)

Yes! You can find some great information at https://www.obagi.com/patients/about-us/company-bio

See more answers (2)

For acne I would suggest using their Clenziderm products as their active ingredient is salicylic acid which is great for acne.

See more answers (2)

Hmm... probably depends on what obagi products you are using. When I used the Obagi Nu Derm and Obagi Tretinoin, it took a good couple weeks for the redness to fade. Who prescribed this program for you? A dermatology office? Typically, once you start Obagi the physician office is available for questions and can help you alter the frequency of the creams. For example, sometime if someone is really red and peely, the doctor can have you apply the creams every other day rather than every day for awhile. Having said that, if it were me and I had an important function in 4 weeks, I might just wait until after the function to start the system as there is no harm in waiting. Obagi really does work unlike many department store creams, the trade off is you might peel and become red for awhile. I would check with the doctor's office that sold you the product.

By Rod G.
See more answers (2)

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the OBAGI staff and other customers.

Discover our professional skin care line & prevent aging skin with Obagi's world-class skin care products: Nu Derm, moisturizer, Tretinoin, Blue Peel & more.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about OBAGI?

Have a question about OBAGI?